[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apologize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6
File: SMT x FE.jpg (308 KB, 1240x700) Image search: [Google]
SMT x FE.jpg
308 KB, 1240x700
No, seriously
>>
FAIAA EMBUREM
>>
To who?

The game is still censored and I had to wait 2 days for a fan patch.

I WANTED to buy the game, but treehouse shoved me towards piracy.
>>
>>343236714
> no dub
> no battle subs
> censor my shit up
thanks for the localization senpai
>>
>>343236714
But its shit
why would I apologize to it?
>>
>>343237098
>wanting a dub

Kys
>>
File: ky-kiske-x2-reload-artwork.jpg (137 KB, 1000x1390) Image search: [Google]
ky-kiske-x2-reload-artwork.jpg
137 KB, 1000x1390
>>343237291
Leave me out of this, you faggot.
>>
File: FE - censor common sense.png (697 KB, 1153x749) Image search: [Google]
FE - censor common sense.png
697 KB, 1153x749
>>343236714
KOWASHITAAAAAY
>>
>>343237291
?
How can I type a reverse b?
>>
>>343236714
No, give me my proper fucking crossover.
>>
File: 1451499205823.jpg (322 KB, 1550x799) Image search: [Google]
1451499205823.jpg
322 KB, 1550x799
I will never stop laughing at you faggots.
>>
I never understood this "apologize" meme, someone spoonfeed me.
>>
>>343237291
>typing kys
Kill yourself.
>>
>>343241043
Kys crybaby
>>
If anyone should apologize, it's Nintendo of America.
>>
>>343241175
They won't apologize, even when they go out of business
>>
>>343236714
Would splattering her chest with my seed be considered apologizing?
>>
>>343241043

hissssss
>>
>>343236853
>treehouse shoved me towards piracy.

No they didn't.
You wanted to pirate. There's a difference.
Completely sidestepping the fact that Treehouse didn't localize the game, the localization team disuaded you from purchasing the game. You pirated because you still wanted to play the game. You wanted your cake and to eat it too.
>>
>>343237098
>battle subs

I like how this is what we're reduced to.

>THEY DIDN'T FUCK UP THE ALREADY OVERCOMPLICATED BATTLE SCREEN WITH SUBTITLES, BAAWW
>>
>>343243435
Piracy is the only way to play the game in the non-censored format. People that WANT to support Nintendo can't because the tolerable version isn't available to buy.
>>
>>343243603
If you ACTUALLY cared that much, you'd buy an import version. Hell, you could even still play the pirated, uncensored version if you wanted to, the point is, there ARE ways to support Nintendo, you just chose not to because supporting Nintendo means they you don't get free stuff.
>>
>>343244126
Why would I support a company that takes a game and shits on it and then criticizes me for not liking the shit on the game?
>>
>>343236714
It's exactly as we thought, we a mediocre to good game that reviewed well IN THE WEST because of SJW pandering and censoring and sold poorly in all regions becase - again - it was mediocre to good.

Same for Star Ocean minus the SJW part.
>>
>>343244126
Buying import isn't supporting the domestic release. Also, nobody wants to play a game in a language they can't understand.

And putting out a product that isn't worth playing due to a botched localization doesn't entitle someone to support. A bad product doesn't deserve payment when there's a BETTER VERSION for free. Supporting censorship is not noble.
>>
Sorry, game is great.

>>343239785
It's called Devil Survivor.
>>
>>343244370
You don't have to.
Don't buy the game. Don't play the game.

But if you want to play the game, in ANY form, then the company that made the game deserves your money, in some form or other.
>>
>>343244549
Generally I dislike the while shill meme, but you so passionately and consistently defend NoA's actions with the same few arguments I am starting to legitimately suspect you're an employee trying to damage control.
>>
I'm sorry that Nintenyearolds are so starved for games that they had to settle for this turd.
>>
>>343236714
I am enjoying the game so far. I am reall happy I went out and bought a 16gb sd card[\spoiler]!
>>
>>343244482
See>>343244549

If you don't like it, don't play it.

But if you do want to play it, then there's something about it that you like, which means the company that made the game did their job successfully, which means you owe them.
And some covered breasts and altered clothing options don't negate the hundreds of man hours and millions of dollars put into creating the game to begin with.
>>
File: 1441414470287.jpg (43 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1441414470287.jpg
43 KB, 640x480
>>343244493
Don't be a little shit now.
>>
>>343244759
I'm not defending anything. If you don't like it, don't buy it, and don't play it.
I'm just saying there are zero circumstances that justify piracy.
>>
>>343236714
Shut up, the game is great. Yeah the censorship I could have done without but it has very little effect on the game.
>>
>>343236769
TEGOARI SIMULAISHON (wait, that's the original song)
>>
>>343244957
Pirating the game allows me, as a consumer, to play a superior, uncensored version, of what's being released, compared to the retail version Nintendo is offering.

If Nintendo wanted to compete, they would find a means of offering me a better deal.
>>
>>343244818
It's up to the consumer to decide what money of theirs is "owed" to a company. Many people feel that continuing to censor games should never be supported. Whatever "man hours" were put into the localization means shit when their job sucks and everyone who made such a terrible localization should be fired.

You want money? Do a better fucking job next time.
>>
>Take a game that would only appeal to teenage weeaboos and butcher it into oblivion for that HUUUUUGE demographic Nintendo keeps blindly insisting they have

10/10 gg
>>
>>343245425
Don't you know? It's still 2008. Grandma and your uncle are right there playing Wii Sports and getting their exercise with Wii Fit. We're in Nintendo's golden age.
>>
So Is it just #FE shills saying this is better then persona 4 in everyway or are they talking out their ass?

and yeah, censorship sucks, but I plan on buying it when it's dirt cheap
>>
>>343245002
It has a big effect. It removes the entire storyline of being a gravure idol and hinders the fanservice, costumes and experiencing the aesthetic of the characters. Which is kind of the entire point of the game.
>>
>>343245663
>when it's dirt cheap

Mark my words this thing is gonna be like, a hundred bucks in a year or two. It's gonna be one of those pointlessly rare releases.
>>
>>343245259
It also allows that company to withhold those games and expressly sell them in markets that they know won't pirate. Piracy is short term gain for long term loss, every time.

Piracy on the DS and original Wii is exactly the reason it's been over ten years since we've had a Dragon Quest game, and why it took a MASSIVE undertaking to bring over Xenoblade, for example.

>>343245331
>It's up to the consumer to decide what money of theirs is "owed" to a company.
If you enjoy a product expressly sold for the purpose of profit (which this game is), then you owe them money. Period.

"I enjoy this product" and "I don't think the creator of this product deserves my money" are mutually exclusive statements.
>>
>>343245663
>So Is it just #FE shills saying this is better then persona 4 in every way

I'm going to say no, it's not better than P4, but the fact that I had to actually stop for a minute and think about it is a point in #FE's favor.
If you liked one game you'll certainly like the other
>>
>>343236714
>Idolshit
It was doomed from the get-go. Could have had full-frontal nudity and I still wouldn't have bought it. The entire idol industry and its fans are a cancer.
>>
>>343245812
Well if the company is going to continue to gyp me out of a proper release, then maybe I don't want their product?

Again. There's no defense here. You can play a superior version of this game through piracy. Nintendo wants me to spend money for something inferior.

I owe them nothing for this.That's their incompetence rearing its head, and begging for money.

Well I'm sorry I'm not going to be guilt tripped by a century old billion dollar corporation. If they can survive that long, and fall because of something /I/ did, then maybe it was time for them to go anyway.
>>
>>343245812
The "product" people want to enjoy is the uncensored original game in English. That's not a product Nintendo is choosing to sell. So no, they aren't entitled to anything. The only version worth playing is the pirated one.
>>
>>343236714

I apologize for considering buying this, I'm really sorry...
>>
>>343236714
No. The game is still idol shit and thus should be boycotted on principle.
>>
>>343244493
>>
>>343236714
Sorry not sorry.
>>
>>343245931
>idolshit

Why do people keep saying this? I can only think of three idol 'games' that have come out:
>Idolm@ster (xbox)
>Love Live! (iOS)
>Tokyo Mirage Sessions (Wii U)

People complain like it is some kind epidemic when it isn't.
>>
>>343245812
>"I enjoy this product" and "I don't think the creator of this product deserves my money" are mutually exclusive statements.
Let's imagine a scenario in which you are at a theme park and board a roller coaster. It is mildly enjoyable, amd you think some of the gimmicks are really neat. However, when you leave the park at the end of the day, an attendant notices you went on that ride and angrily demands you pay the premium fee, which is more than the entire cost of the original entry ticket.

If the two statements are mutually exclusive, your only options in this scenario would be to either pay the fee, or decide that you did not actually enjoy the rollercoaster. Of course, you can try to deflect the argument here by saying that the rider should have done their research beforehand, or that another employee should have told them about the premium price. But that isn't what the discussion is actually about. The question is whether or not "I enjoyed this" and "they don't deserve this money" are actually mutually exclusive statements, as you've claimed.
>>
>>343246267
All idol shit is disgusting. It holds no fucking value whatsoever and is probably the worst music and entertainment industry on the planet. Any idol shit out of japan is an epidemic.
>>
You remember the more archaic days of purchasing MP3s and such, where your music was heavily locked behind DRM, and had an inherently lower bitrate?

Remember how you could pirate something without DRM, and get a higher quality output for free?

Remember how purchasing outlets had to respond to this by releasing higher quality, more user friendly products? No DRM, higher bitrates, etc?

That's the argument to be made behind pirating the uncensored version of this game.
>>
>>343246223
>E-sports, mutiplayer games
>Oh yeah and a bunch of my favorite JRPGs and a few NES games :^)
>>
>>343246502
This is the stupidest scenario I have ever heard in my life.
Just use fucking food analogies or something because that is less stupid than what you just typed.
>>
>>343236853
Fan patch isn't even done. It's pointless to download it and patch the game if you intend on playing now.
You'll encounter crashes and fuckups that will require waiting for a new patch to fix it.
Let other people alpha test the patch. It's not worth getting yet.
>>
>>343246675
If you think games like Vagrant story, Hoshigami, Ninja Gaiden or Battletoads are some of my "favorite" games you're hilariously mistaken
>>
>>343246727
That's nice. Does the person have to pay the fee or decide that they didn't actually have fun?

Keep in mind that rides costing an additional fee on top of the original entrance cost are not uncommon in most actual theme parks, so I'm not sure where the ridiculousness you're seeing actually comes in. If you'd like, we could also talk about the NYC paid cosplayers who invite people to take photos with them and then try to charge them, where a similar dynamic exists. If the two statements really are mutually exclusive, someone must either pay or decide they didn't actually enjoy getting a photo taken.
>>
>>343246030
>>343246034

How do you expect this to end? Hm?
What's going to be the total summation of these tiresome mental gymnastics?

Let's say they make #FE2. When they look at the western sales numbers, and, for the sake of argument, let's say they have the western piracy numbers. What conclusions do you think they will draw from this?

The problem with piracy is that it completely silences your opinion on the matter. They don't count you. I'm not saying you don't count and I'm not saying your opinion isn't valid, I'm saying Nintendo themselves will disregard your opinion if you pirate the game.
There are pirates out there who will pirate stuff regardless. People who ARE lost causes who aren't lost sales, so they don't count towards anything. And those people make excuses that sound identical to your reasons for piracy, so it's impossible to tell which is which. So into the trash the whole mess goes.

When Nintendo gets around to localizing #FE2, and they look at the sales/piracy numbers for #FE1 as a reference, and if the sales numbers are low while the piracy numbers are high, they're going to draw one of two conclusions.
They're either going to say
>This is no longer a viable market, dump the whole project
OR
>We're not reaching the right audience, the product needs to be altered to appeal to a wider demographic.
Neither of which is ideal for your causes or reasons.

And this has already happened many, MANY times before.

If you really wanted to be taken seriously, you'd buy the game, in some format or other. Import it. Mention that you imported it on social media. Turn importing games into a movement. That way, the devs still get your money but you bypass all the censorshit and ACTUALLY ARE morally justified in playing your pirated game, AND you make a neat statement about Nintendo's localization policies on top of it all.

Until then, you're just another dime-bag Robin Hood. Steal from the rich and give to yourself.
>>
>>343247412
If Nintendo cannot product a better product than a group of ragtag pirates, then that's not a company that deserves my money. Period.

Again, you completely ignore my point about MP3s. Retailers had to react to them. They were simply being beaten out in terms of pure quality. We have a prime example right here of piracy giving something better to the consumer.

Anyway, I've seen you in threads before. I'm pretty sure you work for Nintendo. You shill harder than anyone I've seen trying to make people buy this game in some fashion. It's kind of cute, really.

I'm not going to reward these people for a series of blunders. They'll either fix their mistakes, or not, in which case, I think I'll live. I'm not so desperate that I'm rutting over having more of this game.
>>
>>343236714
KOWASHITAI MOSAIC WHEN
>>
>>343236714
Never, they fucked up by themselves by shitting the game with their localization.
>>
>>343245701
>which is kind of the entire point of the game

not the gameplay and fun? nah, that's right, the game is entirely about fanservice. they probably censored it to stop etards like you from playing it for all the wrong reasons.
>>
>>343248917
Quantify fun. What if I have fun playing fully uncensored games? That's something this certainly isn't offering me.

Using your logic, so long as the gameplay is intact, would you be fine with the rest of a game being stripped and gutted?

I know I wouldn't, cause I have standards.
>>
>>343247908
Okay, two problems with your MP3 comparison.

1) The change in how music was bought and sold had basically nothing to do with quailty. Pressed CDs do and always will have way, WAY better quality than burnt CDs or MP3s, and certainly way better than any trash you could download off of Kazaa or Napster.
The main problem with music wasn't quality, it was convenience. It was just easier to download music than it was to buy it. That's not comparible to this situation.

Problem 2: The massive shift in music sales only came about because piracy became so common it was more common than buying, worldwide. When the demand of the ENTIRE FUCKING MARKET shifts, companies have to shift with it, or die.
That doesn't work here, because regardless of how many people pirate or don't buy this game, this one very modest game is in no way indicative of the entire gaming industry. We're talking about two completely separate scales of economics.
If we all as a collective decided to stop buying games like this, then yeah, that would work, but the gaming community is so divided and so picky about what exactly constitutes "bad censorship" that that's never going to happen.

>trying to make people buy this game
That's what it always comes down to, isn't it?
For the official record, I will say that I am in no way affiliated with Nintendo in any way shape or form.
Here's the cold, hard, immutable truth of the matter though: If you actually do want to be a force for change, if you truly do want Nintendo to change their ideas about localization, if you want to be heard at all, you will buy the game. Period. That's the only way to get your voice heard, and taken seriously.

Get enough people together, buy an import version, make a hashtag or whatever you have to do.

Otherwise, all you're doing is blowing smoke up your own ass.
>>
>>343249179
>When the demand of the ENTIRE FUCKING MARKET shifts, companies have to shift with it, or die.
So the solution isn't to pirate one game, it's to pirate every game?
>>
>>343249179
>The change in how music was bought and sold had basically nothing to do with quailty.

There was a time when itunes offered 128k MP3s, while I could get 320 or FLAC for free. They had to rectify this, or flounder.

>The main problem with music wasn't quality, it was convenience. It was just easier to download music than it was to buy it. That's not comparible to this situation.

Actually it's much easier, in this situation, to pirate on the Wii U than it is to scrounge up sixty dollars. A lot less time and effort.

>That doesn't work here, because regardless of how many people pirate or don't buy this game, this one very modest game is in no way indicative of the entire gaming industry

I'm not asking for change in the industry as a whole really, though. I'm asking for this one modest game to be released with all its content, just like I'm able to get if I pirate it. Then I'd be willing to put the money down, but no, if I spend cash, I get something worse than what I'd get if downloaded it for free.

>For the official record, I will say that I am in no way affiliated with Nintendo in any way shape or form.

Okay, Atlus then. Glad we cleared that up.
>>
>>343249781
Also, with this type of game, with its ridiculously small install-base (less than 100k sales in Japan!) I'm pretty sure my voice actually counts a lot stronger than say something, the opinions of one guy on fucking Assassin's Creed.

This is one sale in their currently five figure release that they lost because of their localization practices.
>>
>>343249781
>I'm asking for this one modest game to be released with all its content, just like I'm able to get if I pirate it. Then I'd be willing to put the money down

Well then my good sir, you are in luck!
https://www.amazon.com/Mirage-Sessions-Japanese-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B0155ZMR1Y/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1467255562&sr=8-5&keywords=fe+tokyo+mirage
>>
>>343250168
Except that doesn't have the content as optimally presented as the pirate version does. I can get it in English, with no censorship.

NoA and Atlus aren't giving me that, so they don't get my money.
>>
>>343250278
>NoA and Atlus aren't giving me that,
What're you talking about? It's right there. One click away.

And you've still got the pirated version. You can still play that.

Put your money where your mouth is.
>>
>>343250561
Why should I have to go through the hoops of importing to get around NoA and Atlus' incompetence?

If they aren't going to provide me the best version of the game easily available in my region, then they don't deserve my money.

You are asking me to take steps that I don't have to for your average other game, just to get around censorship that I don't have to deal with for your average other game.

Why do you want me to reward incompetence?
>>
>>343250825
>Why do you want me to reward incompetence?
Because his paycheck is on the line.
>>
>>343247412
>If you really wanted to be taken seriously, you'd buy the game, in some format or other. Import it. Mention that you imported it on social media. Turn importing games into a movement. That way, the devs still get your money but you bypass all the censorshit and ACTUALLY ARE morally justified in playing your pirated game, AND you make a neat statement about Nintendo's localization policies on top of it all.
What if someone doesn't believe that it's immoral to accept something offered to you for free?
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.