[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come 90s games like Castlevania and Final Fantasy had really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Alucard.png (643 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Alucard.png
643 KB, 600x800
How come 90s games like Castlevania and Final Fantasy had really girly looking men?
>>
So teenage boys could relate to them.
>>
>>343232923
SOTN was designed to appeal to girls.
but none bought it anyway
>>
File: king-k3.jpg (322 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
king-k3.jpg
322 KB, 900x1600
>>343232923
Androgynous features are considered pretty in Japan
>>
>>343232923
Alucard has the excuse of being so fab due to being a dhampir, aside from Japan's tendencies.

FF tend to look girly because Japan loves girly looking men now
>>
>>343232923
Bishounen still look girly today. That's the way of Japan, man. I aint complainin'. I'd rather play or look at a girly man than a muscle mountain. That way I retain at least some of my straightness.
>>
>>343232923
FF didn't really have that many metrosexual looking men till like 9+ sephiroth was, and cloud mostly.
I think Alucard looked more femy to contrast his age with dracula you could get an full plate metal suit. I think his regular look was somewhat refined looking so it wasn't really that metrosexual.
>>
>>343232923
Alucard's concept art was made by a girl, surely a fujoshit. Final fantasy started with manly knights and wizards then went full metro sexual homoerotic lipstick queers from IV, the success the games met made square keep that direction.
>>
Looks pretty manly to me, I don't know what you're talking about, OP.
>>
File: image.png (101 KB, 248x241) Image search: [Google]
image.png
101 KB, 248x241
>play the gba games as they come out
>play HoD
>spend most of the game wondering if Juste was a female
>14 years later
>I still don't know
>>
>>343233414

Also I think it started with the fact that FF's original concept artist war REALLY good at drawing girly men, and it just sort of stuck.
>>
>>343234406
That's a man, baby
>>
>>343232923
That strength, that beauty!
You're the son of Lord Dracula...
>>
>>343234882
And Maria's loving every inch of him
>>
>>343232923
interview with the vampire
>>
>>343232923
Because of Yoshitaka Amano and his copycats
>>
>>343233406
>in Japan
And everywhere else.
>>
>>343232923
The artist is female, for one. Vampires-related fictions are always filled with pretty boys, for second.
>>
>>343232923
If I were a girl Alucard would be my husbando.
Fortunately I'm not so I can have him on my lockscreen without feeling uncomfortable.
>>
>>343232923
Because it's hot.
Girls like more feminine men than know how to dress and groom themselves and not over weight neck beards that wear the same sweaty tee shirts and cargo pants every day.
>>
>>343238493
Homos too. Basically everyone who likes men knows that true sex appeal lies in the bishonen aesthetic.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.