[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are card games so fucking unbalanced? Why does nobody who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 36
File: cunth.png (180 KB, 286x395) Image search: [Google]
cunth.png
180 KB, 286x395
Why are card games so fucking unbalanced?
Why does nobody who plays them seem to care?

Take Hearthstone with this fucker for example. This card has completely destroyed the meta for the game. So many people have C'Thun decks, that if you want to not play a C'Thun deck you're forced to either
- play a counter C'Thun deck;
- play a rush deck

And that's it. The entire meta is now focused on three different deck types, which means after 3 or 4 matches you're burned out on the game already.

Fuck this piece of shit and fuck game developers that don't know how to balance games
>>
>>343228557
I don't think babbys first mtg says anything about card games as a whole
>>
I just started playing this shit game again and found out I can no longer play oil rogue. Got one of those emperor vek'lors so I pretty much had to make a c'thun priest deck to play in standard ranked.

It's dumb, but also kind of fun. Just have to play with what's available or only do arena because that's more fun.
>>
>>343230452
yeah too bad arena is behind a paywall so you have to play a few matches to get those challenges to access it
>>
>>343230687
Well you're guaranteed at least one pack, so it's not so much a paywall. It's more like spending 50 extra coins to gamble whether you can at least break even by getting 3 wins.
I think the term paywall should only be used if you're forced to spend real money
>>
>>343228557
So you gotta stall until you have 10 mana and by that time set up the field so it's attack raises by a lot when it gets summoned?
Iunno seems kinda unreliable.

I stopped playing Hearthstone ages ago and I don't know many of the new cards but generally 10 mana cards were always unreliable.
>>
>>343228557
also card games will never be truly balanced.

They're very much aware of the problem but that's how they make profit.
Make broken cards, people get hyped over it, then people complain about it, it gets nerfed/limited, new broken card comes out. And so on in circles.

Yugioh is a fine example of this.
>>
>>343231434
the cards that are based on it are horribly OP though

Beckoner of Evil is pretty much the only good card, the others are a 3 mana drop 3/4 that increases the attack and damage by 1 at the end of your turn and some 3/6 with taunt that increases it every time he is damaged, its insanely easy to get C'Thun up to 20/20 by turn 9 with board control
>>
>C'Thun
>Unbalanced

Maybe on rank 20
>>
C'thun isnt the problem.
Its the ancient shieldbearer and the insane shaman tempo thats the problem.

And zoo, but zoo is always a problem.
>>
>>343232142
>>343232443
It's not the C'Thun card itself that's the problem, it's how he effects the meta

That said, most legendaries are OP as fuck in this game and should just be banned from Ranked
>>
>>343228557
Started playing HT a year ago and had to quit. Only I did when it came to me that game would always be an unbalanced mess because of money, just like yugioh.
>>
I don't like it that c'thun "pumpers" have really great stats (3/4, 7/6). These decks would even be good without a cthun desu
>>
>>343228557
There are like 1/20 games where you'll face a c'thun deck past rank 15. Even after rank 18 is pushing it. Just build a non-shit deck. focus on making 1 deck that handles most classes well. you can't win them all senpai. and some classes are stronger against others because of the basic cards for a class
>>
>>343231434
Like >>343231953 said the Cunt cards are great anyway. The bigger problem for me is that the card that brings him back from the graveyard does so with his buffed stats, so killing him can do fuck all
>>
>>343232639
>wahhh i dont have leggos so they need to be banned
The most op cards in standard are commons and rares, maybe one epic. And easily 40% of leggos are garbage with just silly or unreliable effects
>>
>>343233207
but i do have leggos

I much prefer making decks with good synergy though
>>
File: Reno-jackson.png (239 KB, 279x400) Image search: [Google]
Reno-jackson.png
239 KB, 279x400
>Play Paladin Aggro deck
>Enemy player drops pic related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmrJx32xefM
>>
>>343232993
C'thun cards have neutral stats

really the only two cards that are ever used at all outside of c'thun decks are the 4/2 4mp DS and the 3mp 2/1 BC: deal 2

C'thun cards have neutral stats for the most part because they are neutral cards with no real effect on the game other than buffing c'thun (and then the conditional ones have reduced stats to their cost)

Hell look at c'thun decks, they have fallen off really fucking hard over the past month and a half or so. The big boys are shit like tempo war, DR pally, any shaman, and the likes.

If you have half a brain you can deal with C'thun real simply.
The fact that they rely on neutral cards means it is easy to gain tempo and push hard early and the fact that their main kill condition is a 10 mp that can be fucked by high hp minions, board spam, secrets, or simple removal means getting around it shouldn't be hard.

I mean yeah if you're playing against a c'thun druid and you are gonna have a bad time if you don't have him on the ropes the second he starts throwing all his fucking huge taunts at you. But other than that if you're losing to C'thun and bitching this hard about it, I don't know what to say other than you're retarded, your deck is retarded, and you should probably kill yourself.
>>
>>343232639

In higher rank you rarely encounter c'thun decks with c'thun warrior being the most common due to how good control warrior is. Even then it's not C'thun himself it's his support cards like emperor and shieldbearer.

>>343233074

If you're shaman, priest, or mage you have a way to completely remove c'thun from the game.

Warrior has infinite armor and can handle c'thun with no issue.

Warlock is aggro and can shut down c'thun decks fast.

Druid can just flood the board with high stat minions and pressure them hard.

Paladin has a few ways to deal with c'thun as well and great healing.

Hunter shouldn't have matches last to turn 10.

I'm sure rogue has a few ways.
>>
>>343233496
To be fair if you dont run him zoo, shaman and tempo mage eat you alive
>>
>>343233585
Rogue is either gonna kill them before C'thun is out or gonna have a minion tank with a full board if they're running DR.

>>343233674
Are you from the last season's meta?
Reno is really only present in the reno-yogg-c'thun-kitchen sink decks.
>>
But N'Zoth Paladin is better than all the C'Thun variations...
>>
>>343233346
Then whats there to complain about leggos? A well constructed deck beats a leggo heavy one every time, why ban them from ranked?
>>
>>343233857
I play Renolock.
>>
>>343228557
TCGs are only meant to string you along and keep you buying more cards.
>>
>>343228557
>C'thun decks are good
What rank are you? They are literally babby's first deck and have no bearing on the legend meta. The only half-decent Cthun decks are hybrids, but they certainly don't afftect the meta nearly as much as zoo, shaman, or warrior.
>>
>>343233998
Those still exist?
Ain't seen one since the season change, only every flavor of zoo
>>
>Not complaining about Yogg
I mean, it's a fun as fuck card and I use it on my mage's deck, but I admit it's unbalanced as fuck
>>
>>343234356
Its not handlock, but its a solid mid tier. Beats control warrior and priest at least.
>>
>>343234545
I legitimately believe every deck should carry Yogg regardless if only solely because the pure unbalanced nature of the fucker makes him a flawless hail mary OH SHIT button just in case you're at like 3 HP and next turn you WILL die anyway.

Was in a situation like that once and played him because I was screwed anyway and I ended up with like 5 minions with taunt, something like 18 armor, and the other guy's entire field was cleared and he lost 8 health

I am a believer in the power of Yogg
>>
>>343234545
Its just so tilting. Half the time it does nothing, and the other half it casts 2 call of the wild in a row and full heals the fuck. You can literally do nothing to play around it but pray it rolls bad.

But its ok because its fun because its random :^)
>>
File: 49678709_p0.jpg (182 KB, 714x1000) Image search: [Google]
49678709_p0.jpg
182 KB, 714x1000
>trusting Blizzard to balance things
>>
>>343228557

One game being unbalanced doesn't mean everything in that genre is.

Go play Magic then come back.
>>
>>343236367
Not him, but fuck that. So much fun playing 4 attarka red decks or attarka red counters at FMN every week.

Maybe its better now but fuck that noise magic is expensive
>>
A friend of mine got Golden Ysera then Golden Yogg right afterwards, but I went like 40 packs without any legendaries and then got the fucking corrupted Nat Pagle.

Almost committed sudoku.

thanks for reading my blog
>>
Blizzard has always been complete and utter shit when it comes to balancing, in the way Bethesda is totally useless at polish and bugfixing, no matter how many bazillions they have. What really baffles me is that Blizzard insists on making multiplayer games one after another, and they always end up totally out of control. They can't even get the pvp in WoW to be decent, and the game has been around for 11+ years.

It's a shame really. If companies had the mindset of making games based on their strengths and what they're good at, maybe we'd have far better games overall.
>>
>not beating your opponent before they can pull it out

Another case of GET GOOD.
>>
>>343238751
I wish i could be good enough to control my card draw order. What level do i have to be to get that ability?
>>
>>343239131

>What is deck building?
>>
>>343239193
>what is variance?

I know what you are getting at, but if you havent drawn dead ever then you are a liar, man.
>>
>>343238751
Did you not understand my point about it changing the meta?
>>
>>343239437

I do, but I've won just as many games because my opponent dead drew so I don't get mad at it. Well except one time because it was in Regionals so that was pretty frustrating.
>>
>>343228557
>So many people have C'Thun decks

Hahaha what
>>
>>343239821
Its basically the entry level ladder deck that isnt zoo or shaman. Which is weird becausr zoo and shaman are way better.
>>
>>343228557
Man, chtun sucks ass now that I think about it, 10 mp 6/6, Shaman has a 4 mp 7/7
>>
>>343240175

An average C'Thun is a 10 mana 20/20 that also does 20 damage at random.
>>
>>343240238
>Average C'htun

Oh you mean the useless "Pure c'htun decks"? The only deck that can make that work somehow is warrior, and still there's no reason to make a deck completely based on Chtun since its fucking useless. The average on not shitty c'htun decks usually is around 14.
>>
>>343240238
An average warrior or druid c'thun is like 14-18 from the games i have played.
>>
File: memee.jpg (19 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
memee.jpg
19 KB, 575x323
>>343228557
Does anyone even play c'thun after rank 20 lol? Maybe if you are facing troll decks but who actually play's c'thun lmao
>>
File: 1453220351533.png (347 KB, 500x543) Image search: [Google]
1453220351533.png
347 KB, 500x543
Card games aren't imbalanced, Hearthstone is just shit.
>>
>>343240578
Sjow's c'thun control warrior is absolutely disgusting, and the druid one mid pack, other than that, no.
>>
>>343228557
I play Pokémon, so I don't have that problem.
>>
>Release a fun card that's reliant on RNG
>everyone goes apeshit about balance
Why do people hate RNG in card games, that's all card games are. If you could choose the draw order of your cards, card games would be so meta and boring as fucking fuck
>>
>using oldgods like a normal minion

Thanks Blizzard.
>>
File: Yogg.gif (748 KB, 350x432) Image search: [Google]
Yogg.gif
748 KB, 350x432
>Yes yes, nice board advantage. Nice board advantage.
>HOWEVER
>>
>>343240701
who is this fella?
>>
>>343240859
Yogg saron is the only real rng i have real objection with.
Thing is a literal asspull.
>>
>>343241025
At least it can backfire quite bad.
>>
File: 1436147514855.png (124 KB, 5000x2571) Image search: [Google]
1436147514855.png
124 KB, 5000x2571
>>343241025

I can taste the salt through the internet every time he saves my ass, which is more often than not.
>>
File: lol.webm (2 MB, 1266x960) Image search: [Google]
lol.webm
2 MB, 1266x960
Your turn, anon.
>>
>>343228557
You have to add really imbalanced and player-drawing effects or nobody will want to play your card game.

Try poker if you want a 'balanced' card game, but even then it's STILL rng
>>
Do you fucking people even play this shit game? Every C'thun deck loses to every N'Zoth deck (which is the other half of control decks) and every shaman and zoo aggro. The only good C'thun deck is Warrior, and that's because literally every fucking warrior deck is good right now, even gimmick shit like pirates and dragons.

Hell, when I say "every C'thun deck" there are literally only 2 playable ones. The budget mid tier Druid C'thun, and the control Warrior one, and once again, it's only high tier, because Warrior literally has no bad decks right now.
>>
Play Shadowverse or Mabinogi Duels
>>
>>343241143
First turn is a fucking joke. I'll never go back to that piece of shit game til they balance it out. Fuck off, Maxx C and Vieler aren't counters, maybe if the game had 5 more of each that were viable for each fucking meta.
>>
>>343241206
You could really change that to any deck than runs sylvannis beats c'thun.

But yes, n'zoth is insane.
>>
File: laffing uchiha.gif (980 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
laffing uchiha.gif
980 KB, 500x283
>C'thun decks
>good
Gets completely shut out by anything midrange, and is only moderately viable in Warrior, and that's just solely because of Ancient Shieldbearer.

The game is an RNG fiesta and a complete mess, but not because of a 10 mana card you'll never see regularly. Get your rank 20 opinion the fuck out of here.
>>
>>343241467
>Any deck that runs sylv
So literally every deck that isn't face trash? Also, N'Zoth is hot ass trash right now. It's too fucking slow, and gets fucking destroyed by zoo, Shaman, and miracle.

N'Zoth decks would only be viable if they release Deathlord 2.0, or gut the aggro decks.
>>
>>343241536
Your skill-level... is an illusion
>>
>>343241651
Considering something as simple as any variation of Paladin can completely shut out any C'thun deck, not really.
>>
I'm glad I never could get into TCGs it always seemed like Pay to win garbage.
>>
Because part of the game is separating the junk from the good stuff.
>>
>>343241840

It's not Pay to Win, it's Pay to Spend Less Time Playing.
>>
>>343231953
>3 mana drop 3/4 that increases the attack and damage by 1 at the end of your turn

literally a better spider tank
>>
>>343241840
And yet zoo and shaman, the two strongest decks consist of almost entirely commons and rares, are the strongest right now.
>>
>>343241840
CCG's are p2w, but the best decks in the game right now have an extremely miniscule money requirement. The only time it ever goes really p2w is when Blizzard nerfs several aggro cards and the meta favors decks and cards that amount to roughly $100 budget.
>>
>>343241651
what an autistic image
>>
The only problem with card games is the power creep necessary to keep selling new cards. It could be solved by having you buy a $50 pack or so that has every card in the expansion but then that isn't as profitable as exploiting people's addiction to opening booster packs to see if they get that ultra rare special limited edition photon holovideo card.

This is why I dropped card games, they are too expensive and no matter how much you spend every few months you'll need to spend more or be left behind.
>>
>>343242023
Literally you're a retard. The mech tribe tag is the most powerful in the fucking game. If anything, every fucking mech needed -1/-1 stats taken off just to balance that fucking tag. There's a reason it was the first fucking expansion to fuck off, everything about it was overpowered.
>>
>>343242334

Power creep is largely solved by block systems. If course you still have to keep buying new cards but at least it keeps the games fresh.
>>
>>343242334
If you play daily and maintain a high dust count, you can essentially get all the important meta cards without having to spend a dime.

However, I've been playing since beta, so I can't really recommend Hearthstone to anyone, considering how much time and money you'll have to commit to it just to get a couple decent starting decks.
>>
>>343228557
my only problem with c'thun decks are that c'thun matchups depend entirely on who plays their c'thun first and basically nothing else.
>>
a good Reno Jackson deck can fuck C'thun decks sideways as long as they dont get it out exactly on turn 10
>>
>>343233207
>wahhh i dont have leggos so they need to be banned

why is this not a legitimate complaint? hearthstone could do with being a lot less p2w
>>
File: don't matter.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
don't matter.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
>>343242880

>mfw someone plays Reno

Literally the most anti-fun card ever made.
>>
>>343233912
The problem is how little effort you need to input for legendaries to be good. With some luck I can get a good card combo going or just drop a single legendary which is more efficient on mana and cards and more likely to happen. It cheapens a good, complicated play when your opponent does better with one legendary.
>>
File: 1466773606468.jpg (13 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1466773606468.jpg
13 KB, 225x225
why do you even need counter c'thun deck?

i just play my normal shit with Big Game Hunter.
>>
>>343242674
I wasn't talking about Hearthstone specifically, but even then from what I hear the time investment to grind cards is pretty big so that's almost as bad as spending money. Especially if you aren't having fun anymore and are just chasing one specific card
>>
>>343242539
Mech Mage got countered by anything that could live past 6 turns. Hell, it's debatable that Midrange Shaman and Zoolock could completely stomp Mech Mage into the ground right now.

With that said though, I would love to have seen more proper mech synergy, so the archetype could actually stay alive and keep up with the vastly growing card pool, but that isn't realistic. Mechwarper is actually one of the most interesting cards in the game thanks to its unique ability. Any sort of ramp that exists outside of Druid will always be fun to play with.
>>
File: Jacko the Troll face.png (487 KB, 515x570) Image search: [Google]
Jacko the Troll face.png
487 KB, 515x570
>>343240985
>tfw playing someone who pops this and they proceed to kill themselves
>>
>>343242953
how can anyone be triggered by reno?
>>
>>343243037

It really isn't. Tavern Brawls give a lot of extra cards and if you can learn to draft well you can make cards and dust very fast through Arena.
>>
File: c7e.png (669 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
c7e.png
669 KB, 680x680
will they ever fix Rouge ?
>>
>>343239821
its literally only like 10-15% where I am on the ladder. Mostly Cthun druid and warrior. I'm lvl 5 atm
>>
>>343233496
I hate that piece of shit card. I wish the had a print version so i could burn every fucking copy I see of that smug cunt.
>>
>>343242926
If you ban legendaries, the meta becomes extremely aggro-oriented. Classes like Priest and Warrior would never see the light of day, and the control archetype would just completely die out.
>>
>>343240985

I don't even mind when I kill myself using this. Either way the result is hilarious.
>>
>>343243072

I just hate stall decks. It turns what should be a 5 minute game into a 15 minute one.
>>
>>343242958
I dont understand. Zoo and shaman have been on top and they dont run a single essential legendary. Unless you insist on playing control i dont see the issue.
>>
>>343243194

It's always a good time. And due to the way cards are worded statistically you're more likely to come out ahead than not.
>>
I roll Elise in every deck, even ones that fuck up the meta. I don't care, the possibility of Golden Monkey happening is too fun to not take the risk.
>>
>>343243191
just make them easily obtainable then

done enjoy your game
>>
Literally nobody play cthun anymore, but I'm pretty sure the OP post is pasta from when old gods released.
>>
>>343243209
yeah i understand the long games being annoying, but stalling is the only way control/lategame decks work. I HAVE to put 3 huge heals and taunts in my paly deck to survive against all the bullshit agro decks
>>
>>343243508
>Literally nobody play cthun anymore

try playing the game
>>
>>343243381
When Golden Monkey is played you either have already lost or the guy got hilariously bad legendaries like Millhouse Manastorm and the murloc that changes your hero power.
>>
>>343243560

And I don't know why it only annoys me in Hearthstone. I play a serious control deck in the My Little Pony CCG and love it.
>>
>>343243123
After you stop broadcasting your faggotry, maybe
>>
>Play Brann
>Opponent decides not to wreck him immediately as he thinks he can zerg rush me
>Play charged up C'thun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3EBsLtGiiE
>>
>>343243231
Control is dead

the two strongest decks don't even run legendaries (face shaman and zoo lock)
>>
File: why did i even come here.gif (3 MB, 358x268) Image search: [Google]
why did i even come here.gif
3 MB, 358x268
>>343243995
>play Brann then Reno
>my opponent's face when
>>
>>343244110

Wouldn't that do literally nothing extra?
>>
>>343244192

Yes but it's more of a rubbing salt in the wound thing
>>
>>343244065
That was my point to the dude saying leggos are op. You linked the wrong guy.
>>
>>343244293

What do plastic building blocks have to do with hearthstone?
>>
File: Serious_104ae1_324402.jpg (9 KB, 231x205) Image search: [Google]
Serious_104ae1_324402.jpg
9 KB, 231x205
>>343244408
Everything
>>
File: 1437009041594.gif (131 KB, 285x287) Image search: [Google]
1437009041594.gif
131 KB, 285x287
>>343230169
Issues are still echoed though, such as mindsculptor meta during zendikar and scars blocks.

Even recently with jace prodigy, while not as broken, certainly shifted the meta to the point where you splashed blue just for him
>>
>>343243072
salty face shaman/zoolock players
>>
>Bitching about cthun

Tales from rank 20
>>
Reno is legit my favorite card. His restriction lets you play so many cards you wouldnt normally
>>
>>343228557
All games are unbalanced, there is always metagaming involved. If you don't understand this you don't understand competition to begin with.
>>
>>343243995
>people not downing Brann if they are sure they don't have absolute lethal this turn

yeah nah, maybe at shieldbearer.
>>
>>343245009
Reno does absolutely nothing against those two decks, chances are by the time you get to turn 6 they already have a full board and you might as well concede.
>>
>>343245157
meh there are those times where you use brann with Twin Emps and if they don't have anything to deal with it they eat the C'thun fireworks show next turn
>>
File: 1467080332323.jpg (113 KB, 675x690) Image search: [Google]
1467080332323.jpg
113 KB, 675x690
whisper of the old gods is the best thing that ever happened to this game
>>
Why aren't Elise, Brann, and Reno "both player" effect cards? Pretty fucking dumb that these p2w cards are allowed to be so good. They should have a drawback

Elise should add the map to both decks, Brann should give double battlecry to both players, and Reno should be like Tree of Life and heal both players.
>>
>obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp4fxe75810
>>
File: dontbullyAichi.gif (3 MB, 740x416) Image search: [Google]
dontbullyAichi.gif
3 MB, 740x416
>>343245509
Holy shit. Last time I played MTG was around Innistrad block, and seeing these legit makes me sad
>Those flavorful names
>>
>>343245619
If Reno doesnt have a drawback why dont most decks play it?
>>
Still waiting on Lich King cards

I wonder if they will ever do an Algalon card and how broken it will be
>>
>>343245928
Most people didn't pay for the adventure.
>>
>>343246110
Lets take Top 8 of a major tourney as an example, where everyone has access to all the cards
http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20151087/europe-spring-championship-decklists-6-9-2016
Out of the 8 players, each bringing 5 decklists, I count maybe 3 or 4 Reno decks at a glance. If Reno doesnt have a drawback and is so OP, why cant he make it into even 20% of decks at this top event?
>>
>>343245619
>lets just nerf all the decent cards into oblivion!
You're retarded.
>>
>>343245832
do you have autism or something?
>>
>>343228557
Are you retarded? C'thun decks are tier 2, at MOST.

Hearthstone has plenty of legit problems, including problems related to individual cards, but C'thun is not one of them.

You're an idiot.
>>
>>343228557
C'thun isn't even the best old god.
>>
>>343247387
>card with an unstoppable battlecry that provides a massive tempo swing to guarantee a win if the battlecry doesnt outright kill the opponent

lol i bet you think nzoth or memeyogg are the best
>>
>>343245509
Damn. Did not expect cosmic horror angels from Magic,
>>
>>343247705
The best old god is clearly Y'Shaarj. :^)

Why'd they have to make him so bad?
>>
>>343247705
>rank 20 post
Listen, you either play a deck that runs over C'thun decks, or you run a fucking hex.

And you have literally a 3/8 chance of having C'thun on turn 10, statistically.

In case you're wondering, C'thun isn't run anywhere near deep legend. And there are some weird ass decks that are having success right now.
>>
>>343243560
I just hate when I've done 60+ damage to a healadin and I know I'm only halfway there before I finally get the kill.

I just don't find it fun because even against control war and its 4 armor a turn minimum, there is still a feeling of progress as you grind it down

Against healadin it feels like I'm just shooting you down to 15~ until you run out of heals and I can finally burst you all the way down
>>
>>343241143
What the hell is going on here
>>
>>343249050

In yu gi oh if you have all parts of Exodia in your hand you win. The computer drew their first hand, played a card to draw more cards, got all parts and won.
>>
File: 1466325278330.png (559 KB, 720x687) Image search: [Google]
1466325278330.png
559 KB, 720x687
>>343247996
>C'thun
Have to play a bunch of buff cards so it reaches it's full potential
>Yogg
Have to play a bunch of spells so it does more shit that can be either harmful or helpful
>N'zoth
Have to play a bunch of deathralttles (that need to die at some point) so it reaches it's full potential
>Y'shaarj
Have a bunch of big minions (preferably) with ongoing effects so it reaches it's full potential

Y'shaarj is not a bad god, he's just not as fun as the other ones
>>
>>343245619
>What is tree of life
>>
>>343249553
>Have to play a bunch of spells so it does more shit that can be either

You mean something I'm going to do anyway as a mage?
>>
>>343249553
I've only seen him play on ramp druid
he doesn't really work well otherwise.
>>
>>343249609
Exatcly

Druid and Rouge play a lot of spells too, I like playing Yogg with both of them
>>
I wonder if any card game developers look at Duel Masters and feel sad that they will never be THIS fucking crazy.
>>
>>343249692

It's worth giving up a single card slot for him. If you're about to lose there is no other card that can turn around a match like he can.
>>
>>343249735

This is the single ugliest card in the existence of card games. I literally can't tell what the fuck I'm looking at.
>>
>>343228557
you know you can silence it?
>>
>>343249686
I made an expensive Warrior with it that works quite well. I've seen some Hunters playing it too with shit like ragnaros, king crush and sand worm.
>>
>>343250078

Doesn't stop the damage. 10 mana for 14-18 damage plus a 6/6 is still alright.
>>
File: 1466605973303.jpg (46 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1466605973303.jpg
46 KB, 848x480
>>343249735
Is that a gundam?
>>
>>343228557
The only decent cards in a typical c'thun deck is c'thun chosen, twin emperors, and class specific 5 mana 5/6s.

Everything else is just crappy bodies whose words have no immediate impact in the game.
Almost every minion is "battlecry: 2 random damage HOPEFULLY on turn 10, or maybe you just never draw c'thun and your entire deck failed lol", which honestly shouldn't be a problem unless you are a massively retarded wallet controlfag that has nothing on the table, and wasted every hard removal to survive to turn 10.

>The entire meta is now focused on three different deck type
Already better than mech hell.
>>
>>343251540
Not, it's a zord.

>When this creature is dragsolutioned, each player puts all cards in his hand, battle zone and graveyard other than this creature into their owners decks and shuffles it.
>Speed attacker
>World breaker (This creature breaks all your opponent's shields.)
>When this creature would leave the battle zone, if it's tapped, it stays in the battle zone instead.
>>
File: Chillmaw.png (775 KB, 746x556) Image search: [Google]
Chillmaw.png
775 KB, 746x556
Rank 25 Adventures: The Thread.
>>
File: 1438104432926.png (269 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1438104432926.png
269 KB, 640x480
>>343252191
>dragsolutioned
>>
>>343249553
But the deathrattles are good themselves, so N'Zoth is beast
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jwTcV8hW1Fc
>>
>>343248297
>you run a fucking hex

that helps so much when c'thun's battlecry kills you
>>
>>343253498
>m.youtube.com
>m

i want all phone posters to be permanently banned, and then phone posting disabled
>>
>>343253616
Could never understand people like you, why do you care? Autism?
>>
>>343252482
Are you confused about something? That's the name of the game action used to combine the other sides of the five cards together.
>>
>>343253845
>why do you care that normalfags are ruining your website

literally anyone with an internet enabled phone is a normalfag, who does not belong on 4chan
>>
>>343253916

Anime was a mistake.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2682x2446) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2682x2446
Simple solution? Stuck to wild then you big baby, the meta is refreshing and flourishing right now and it isn't just a million N'zoth c'thun yogg control suxk my dick type of decks
>>
>>343248297
minor cthuns are run tho right? like control warrior w cthun and the 6/6 gain 10 armor right? cthun ressurect guy too
>>
File: avatar2222.png (416 KB, 574x543) Image search: [Google]
416 KB, 574x543
>Chillin' with my casual mage deck at level 21
>Only about 15ish hours in the game
>Fucking a guy up pretty good
>Suddenly he pulls out a legendary that sets my HP to 15
>starts playing only legendaries that have bullshit abilities and stats
>I'm forced to watch as he pulls a win out of his ass since he spent enough money on card packs to dechant and craft legendaries

good game blizzard
>>
>>343254084

How do you know he spent money for them?
>>
>>343254084
I doubt ANY player at 21 payed for cards such as alextransa, he prob just pulled it from a pack, don't be so salty fag
>>
>>343253926
So you never get into 4chan on your phone while shitting using your wifi?
Bonus question: Are you really that retarded or just a raging autist?
>>
>>343254084
Sounds like you lost the game because you didn't have the ability to kill the mage fast enough or force it to use its fireballs/frost bolts/ice lances on anything important

if you weren't in a position to kill it by that point you were fucked regardless
>>
File: 1461332634140.webm (840 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1461332634140.webm
840 KB, 640x640
>>343252191
What the actual fuck, I've barely seen Duel Masters but
>When this creature would leave the battle zone, if it's tapped, it stays in the battle zone instead.
alone sounds ridiculous
>>
Hearthstone's biggest problem is that after the first 5~ hours when you get past the turbo retard brigade and reach normal play, you are gonna be undergeared compared to everyone else for about a month.

About a month or so of play with daily quests and the like will give you 1-2 leggos and the ability to craft 1 more.

That should allow you to put together a decent enough deck to do well enough against the standard fare.

but that first month where you're stuck on mostly commons is real rough.
>>
File: 1466824626212.jpg (94 KB, 480x404) Image search: [Google]
1466824626212.jpg
94 KB, 480x404
>>343254467
>or force it to use its fireballs

Not that guy but christ what the fuck is that legendary that gives you a fireball when casting a spell? At least dsallow fireball looping, jesus christ
>>
File: skull moon.jpg (113 KB, 400x560) Image search: [Google]
skull moon.jpg
113 KB, 400x560
>>343254640
Technically it's still possible to bypass that ability, but it won't ever happen in practice because the things that can do it take more than one turn to summon, so you'll be dead by then.

Because the ability is a substitution effect(replaces an event with another event), it can't block other substitution effects. This is because a single event can only be replaced once.

Skull Moon, the Enlightened has the ability "When this creature would be destroyed, you may destroy one of your opponent's creatures instead. ", which is one of such substitution effects that can be used to break through other substitution effects.
>>
>>343254853
I hate aha, I really do.

But no, he is a kill condition card, its just that his effect is so incredibly irritating that it makes him feel OP.

He doesn't need a nerf, just frustrating as fuck to play against because you are suddenly on a time limit if you aren't heavily armored/healed, or facing a fuckton of damage/removal.
>>
I've been playing HS since open beta.

Now I don't have any fun with it. It lacks creativity, it lacks diversity. You play the same 10 minutes games ad infinitum, when you don't rage at some bullshit victory because the game is a RNG wienerfest.

The only thing that SOMETIMES is minimally fun is the tavern brawl. Everything else looks so bland.
>>
>>343254760

Play Arena.
>>
File: 1435792161733.png (146 KB, 322x347) Image search: [Google]
1435792161733.png
146 KB, 322x347
Any good alternatives to Hearthstone that are out or coming out?
>>
>>343255782
arena ain't gonna be a nice ride when you're just getting used to the game and learning what to do with what against what
>>
>>343255936

I've been playing a Beta of a game called Eternal. It's about halfway in between Hearthstone and Magic and is so far pretty decent.
>>
>>343255936

Yes exactly.

Faeria and Spellweaver are both great.
>>
>>343254263
you are so blissfully unaware that you are the problem with this site

i don't expect you to read any of pic related, but here you go.
>>
>>343256489

>I like /jp/

Please go back there then. We don't like your kind here. Oh and look at that, it fits your mentality. Better listen to me.
>>
>>343256563
the fuck does /jp/ have to do with anything? that is about /v/
>>
>>343256620

Literally says

>This is what I like about /jp/.
>>
File: foghornleghorn.jpg (97 KB, 483x409) Image search: [Google]
foghornleghorn.jpg
97 KB, 483x409
>>343256721
well, now you're filtered for being dumb, i knew you wouldn't read it

RIP Anonymous (ID: i6o/1M9q)
>>
>>343256489
>muh hugbox
>>
I'm gonna spend 400$ of my paycheck on either dota 2, hearthstone, cs:go, or wow.

Which one should I go with?
>>
File: 1467162799183.gif (938 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1467162799183.gif
938 KB, 500x281
>>343256923
Didn't think about it before but most of the "muh hugbox" usually the neo-/pol/ or faGGot brigade weren't actually there for when that pasta was circulated

You've made me realise something, and I'm all the more miffed about it
>>
>>343256831
>>343257809

Sure is reddit in here tonight.
>>
>>343231103
>1 win
a pack and 2 random cards from the classic set

>12 wins
1 pack, up to 100 dust and 2 gold cards from classic set

Why even bother with the added RNG? Everyone has had the classic set for fucking ages
>>
>>343228557

Card games is about breaking mechanics within the rules of the game and nothing else.

Don't blame me you don't read the rules, or experiment which you suppose to. Maybe card games are too complex for you and you should play something else.
>>
>>343258507

But that's wrong.

Rewards

>One card pack
>215-235 gold
>Three random rewards

Random rewards:

> 25-185 gold
One golden common card
One golden rare card
One golden or regular epic card
One golden or regular legendary card
One card pack

Packs are from the most recent set and the cards can be anything currently in standard.
>>
>>343228557
Rank 20 wants you back. C'thun decks mostly suck.
>>
File: 1467165460162.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1467165460162.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>343257898
I've been misunderstood, again
>>
>>343259126

>Waa no one likes my whiny anime posting

Just shut up and go back to /jp/ or /a/ since you're clearly not here to talk about video games.
>>
>>343259126
You're not misunderstood, they just have no concept of what you're talking about in the first place. Let's keep it that way.
>>
>complain about hearthstone, zoo/hunter still cancer since launch
Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.