[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking back at it. It was really a solid game and didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 25
File: Dishonored-Game.jpg (45 KB, 650x365) Image search: [Google]
Dishonored-Game.jpg
45 KB, 650x365
Looking back at it. It was really a solid game and didn't deserve the hate it got here. And it made me think that /v/ really hates new IPs
>>
the only people who didn't like it were butthurt autists who thought it was a full on stealth game
>>
>>343222027
It was marketed as such
>>
>>343222063

no it wasn't
>>
I loved the fact that they didn't even try to hide the fact they were plagiarizing Thief and in the end it turned out a better game than the Thief reboot itself
>>
>>343222063
If that's the case why did the trailers for it show as much action as they did, and did their promotional gameplay videos show both non-stealth and stealthy ways to go through missions?
>>
>>343222184
The theif reboot was decent too. The story was shite but as far as the game itself went it was ok.
>>
>>343222063

It wasn't. People really wanted it to be a Thief-like game for some reason - I guess the setting. But what it was doing was walking in Deus Ex's footsteps..
>>
Can we all just agree that the Daud DLCs were the best part of it?
>>
>>343222353

Can't let you say that in good conscience. That thing was a travesty. A well meaning one, I do believe, but there was no saving it; the people working on that game had absolutely no understanding of the stealth genre in general, and what made Thief great in particular.
>>
>>343222753
As compared to what? The original masterpieces or the stealth games that came out in the past 5 years? Because compared to the latter it wasn't really that bad
>>
>>343222665

I think the two Daud DLCs work better as a cohesive whole, but my favorite individual levels are still in the base game.

Matter of taste I guess.
>>
>>343222561
Deus Ex itself is descended from Thief senpai, they all share something. The devs did mention Thief as an inspiration in interviews, and I believe the first article about Dishonored (the Gameinformer reveal) drew comparisons to Thief. People probably just took that as meaning it would be more like Thief than it really was.
>>
>>343222896

Compared to shit it wasn't that much shit, but still it was shit?

Is that what I have to understand?
>>
>>343221902
Not without the DLC, but with the DLC, YES.
>>
>>343223035
Sort of. In world of crap you'd have to appreciate the least smelly ones
>>
>>343222990
>Deus Ex itself is descended from Thief

Yes, and I do think Dishonored is following the trail opened by DX more than the original Thief path. If we have to talk taxonomy.
>>
>>343222990
Thief and Deus Ex have the same design philosophy but approach the gameplay and level design in very different ways. Thief is an obvious inspiration for the level design (multiple ways of getting in places, all those gadgets, etc.) while having a heavier focus on story and rpg elements from Deus Ex.
Don't get the hate from others, though. It's not Thief and it's not Deus Ex, it's its own thing.
>>
>>343223358
>>343223482
Well then I agree with you both, I'm just saying it's no surprise some people were misled into expecting something more thiefy.
>>
>>343221902
I liked it, sorta a Deux Ex lite as some other people in this thread already pointed out.
>>
File: Screenshot55623.jpg (1 MB, 2880x1620) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot55623.jpg
1 MB, 2880x1620
>>343222027
I didn't like the melee combat.
You have no real control over your swings, sometimes in does these shitty automated finishers, sometimes it doesn't. Ovbiously designed around controllers.
I'm used to better combat from Arkane.
The only good thing I can say about it are the environments.
>>
>>343223482

I'm always perplexed by people getting mad for getting what they call the "bad end".

It's like they want a pat on the back for being mass murderers. Ans if the game doesn't give them that it "limits" their options to stealth only.
>>
>>343223604
I get that. I just don't get the people that kept complaining (and still do) when no one is saying that Dishonored wants to be Thief.
It's not a perfect game but if people are going to complain about anything at least make it valid.
>>
>>343223807
It's still my favorite ending. Letting Emily fall
It fits the story much better and the Outsider's speech is fantastic.
>>
>Obviously designed around controllers.

Which I think is not a bad thing for that particular game. And I would argue even in general for that particular subgenre.

One thing Thi4f had right, even if they failed spectacularly in execution, is for the need to emphasis body awareness and the limits attached to it. From vision periphery to being unable to move around like a perfectly disembodied sword/gun.
And building with gamepads in mind helps with that imposed slowness actually.

Not that all stealth game need that. But I do think *some* could use that.
>>
File: DM12.webm (3 MB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
DM12.webm
3 MB, 720x400
>>343224306
>Which I think is not a bad thing for that particular game

It's a first person game, it's the worst you can do.
Body awareness has nothing to do with that, if anything it utterly breaks any attempt at creating such by including "magnetic" actions which require little to no user input.
>>
>>343221902
/v/ hates everything. I loved the game, but that's maybe because I'm not a burned out husk of a man and I still pull joy from some interactive media.
>>
>>343221902
What hate? The most "negative" opinions I've heard about it is that blink is op and that it's a poor man's Thief.

I for one hate the save system and not being able to max out your character and having to choose a style instead. Other than that great game.
>>
I think that Arcane had a really good thing going with the morality or chaos system going but the game fell flat with it doing fuck all in the long term. If they added different outcomes and even side missions depending on who you kill and who you'd spare that would have made the replay value better.
>>
>>343225030
Agreed. Chaos system is also a bit off, why would killing random mooks increase plague?
>>
>>343224665
>Body awareness has nothing to do with that

You mean apart from the totally unnatural speed and precision which you can move with m+kb?

The pad is slower. That's a quality that could be put to good use, instead of being a limitation.

I mean, I love my old school FPS games, but as I said, they play like you're a completely disembodied entity. In their case, that's a plus. It does wonders for the pacing for one. But that doesn't make it a one fits all solution.
>>
>>343222561
yeah nah dude the game is literally nothing like thief
>>
>>343225178

More bodies to feed the rat, less bodies to help clean and maintain/rebuild he city.

And then of course the influence you have over the behavior of people and the way it trickles down.
>>
>>343225178
That particular thing made sense even if it is a bit of stretch. More corpses = more rats = more plague. The main problem is that apart from a 30 second long cinematic nothing really changes. 2 or 3 more enemies per level isn't really as game changing as they make it out to be.
>>
>>343225178
For the guardsmen it made a lot of sense, less guardsmen in the city equals more chaos. But the criminals already increase the amount of actual chaos by their presence, killing them should've lowered chaos instead.
>>
>>343224931

Honestly, I think a Dark Soul-like system would have fit the game's narrative to a T, but the game would have been crucified for it.
>>
>>343225198
>totally unnatural speed and precision which you can move with m+kb?

I don't see how this is unnatural at all, mouse is literally 1:1 your hand movement depending on which speed you pick.
With pad you hold down your thumb and turn infinitely.
It's shit for any kind of first person game.
>>
>>343225443

But then the criminals run the secondary elixir market that saves the poorest.

>>343225532
>I don't see how this is unnatural at all, mouse is literally 1:1 your hand movement depending on which speed you pick.

That's part of the issue though: you hand doesn't have a neck. Try to move you head around at the speed at which you change vision in a traditional FPS, and for the same duration, and see how it goes.
>>
File: UtRlp7o.png (270 KB, 1240x826) Image search: [Google]
UtRlp7o.png
270 KB, 1240x826
Literally better than Dunwall city trials
>>
>>343224306
I find body awareness is usually pretty shit. Either it's distracting because it's poorly animated and makes it look like your head is floating in front of your chest, or because the devs take control away from the play in order to allow it to look good (see: Thi4f). Old Thief and Dishonored did a much better job of conveying the presence of the player in the world using only some tasteful head bob, responsive, consistent controls, and good sound effects.
Dark Messiah is the only one I can think of that did it acceptably, and even that had some problems.

>>343225198
>You mean apart from the totally unnatural speed and precision which you can move with m+kb?
What about the unnaturally slow speed and inaccuracy you look around with on a gamepad. I don't know what's wrong with your neck that doesn't allow you to look in different directions quickly.
>>
Are you gud /v/?
https://youtu.be/XYdxhmvbu3M
>>
>>343225775
ARMA tried what you are talking about and it ended up being more difficult than intuitive
>>
>>343225341
Okay less people to help clean yes, but the guards don't really help much since they're just protecting the wealthy in dunwall and not much else. Also, what about the skill that turned bodies to ash.
>>
>>343225775
>you hand doesn't have a neck
What does that have to do with kb&m vs controller?
Some games actually have a seperate "neck" view like for example ARMA games do.

>Try to move you head around at the speed at which you change vision in a traditional FPS
I play a lot of paintball and laser tag, I do that all the time.
>>
>>343225476
Dark souls like how?
>>
>>343221902
So I got this from the summer sale, great so far. For my first play through I was going for non lethal run achievement . Second chapter ended that when it showed on the summery that I killed someone. I didn't kill anyone though. Can the sleeping darts kill?
>>
>>343225775
a wrist is basically a hand-neck desu
>>
>>343225775
I was referring to the ass-assins, who as a group almost brought the city down to its knees. You should be able to kill every last one of them without it increasing chaos.
>>
>>343225905

Oh, I definitely agree that it's hard to do.

>>343225828
>What about the unnaturally slow speed and inaccuracy you look around with on a gamepad

Yes, as I said myself, it's slow. Which is a *good* thing if you *want* to impose slowness on the player and can tailor the level design and overall game design accordingly.
>>
>>343221902
It had worse combat than Dark Messiah and worse stealth than Thief, two games developed by the same people, with help from guys involved in Deus Ex and HL2.
It wasn't bad compared to modern AAA garbage but it was a huge disappointment considering the expectations.
>>
>>343226147
No. Unless you sleep dart someone and they drop from somewhere high. If you move over to a sleeping person it should display them as being ''unconscious'', if it doesn't say that they're dead.
>>
>>343221902
>didn't deserve the hate it got here
it got hate here?
>>
>>343224931
Randomized charms were also bullshit.
>>
>>343226147
I heard there was a bug that counted kills where there were none, passed off a lot of pacifists.
>>
Nice thread and all, but are we gathering for whiskey and cigars tonight?
>>
>>343226653
Indeed, I believe so.
>>
>>343225775
That secondary elixir was like 80% sugar water 10% elixir and ten something else. Plus the criminals shake down people and kill guards themselves.
>>
File: cleanhands.png (16 KB, 945x79) Image search: [Google]
cleanhands.png
16 KB, 945x79
>>343226547
Anecdotal, I know, but I didn't suffer from this bug at all when I finished the clean hands run earlier this week.

What is this bug supposed to do?
>>
>>343226653
Never doubt it
>>
>>343226147
If you leave unconscious bodies around, rats will eat them and count as a kill towards you. Infuriated me since I discovered this the hard way on the longest level in the game.
>>
>>343226653
T-uh! Couldn't pay me enough!
>>
>>343226653
Another night, another thread with you
>>
>>343226750
Like I said, counted kills where the player had caused none. NPCs do fight each other, maybe that caused it.
>>
It's a 3/10 stealth game, and a 6/10-7/10 action game.

I have no idea why this game is so popular or why people think it's good. The only thing it has going for it is the nice, pleasing artstyle.
>>
>>343226793
Extremely rare to happen if you're on a low chaos run, very few rat swarms to eat corpses. There is a rat swarm in that Dr.'s building on Mission #2 tho, perhaps >>343226147 released the rats there and they ate the guards?
>>
>>343226108

Can't load back. Have to live with the consequences of everything you've done from start to finish. The game has a strong emphasis on control ("Steady hand" is the first sentence you hear; then the two inscription in your starting cell; the metric of the game is not good vs bad, it's order vs chaos ie controlled used of "projected lethal force" vs unpreparedness up to complete abandonment)...

So I think it would have been nice to force people to leave with the blood they mistakenly spill for not being prepared. Would have fit the theme.

>>343226260

More bodies for the rat, again. And I do think they at least keep their surroundings clean.

>>343226178

Not the same angles.

>>343226061
>I play a lot of paintball and laser tag, I do that all the time.

if you can do the same 180° I am in awe.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>343226928
>>
>>343226735

Better than no elixir at all though.
>>
File: z274.jpg (82 KB, 492x551) Image search: [Google]
z274.jpg
82 KB, 492x551
Will you have wine? It's a Tyvian red!
>>
It's one of those games you kind of forget about then once you replay it you go "fuck, this is great, why did I forget about this game?".

Aged a lot better than Deus Ex HR that's for sure.
>>
>>343227224
One thing the game suffered from. It really needed some showcase of the other locales. Dunwall was amazing, but it felt the only the place on the whole fucking planet.
>>
>>343226653
Chances are high.
>>
File: 6378164781.png (156 KB, 332x352) Image search: [Google]
6378164781.png
156 KB, 332x352
>>343226360
Yeah it got hate, but rarely did. The negative reviews are generally about the chaos system and how stealth was unnecessary. However, the game received MASSIVE hate when they released the Dunwall City Trials DLC.
>RNG bullshit "challenges"
>borderline impossible feats to accomplish if you don't have luck
>>
>>343227297

HR is DX in name only. If anything, I find it closer to Bloodlines, without being as good.
>>
>>343226653
>>343226715
>>343226775
>>343226874
Your wives will all be widows when the night is through
>>
>>343227297
>art style>texture resolution and polygon count
>>
I just played it recently, I found the amount of work that had clearly gone into each individual level to more than make up for the short overall play length, which is what I remember most people complaining about when it first came out. I feel like I could play it again now, pick a slightly different path through each section and spend 80% of my time seeing things I didn't see the first time.
>>
>>343227372
They were island states and times are bad all over apparently. Plus Dunwall was to be blockaded because of the plague.
>>
>>343227372
The game has been criticized for being too short. Considering the length it has though it's okay that it all takes place in Dunwall, expect the last mission. Would love to see Tyvia since the game hyps it up so much though.
>>
>>343226347
>>343226547
>>343226793
Hmm, could be one of them fell off an edge. Used a few sleep darts in and around the building where Campbell is. That level is way to long for me to do again. Il try non lethal achievement on my 2nd play through.

>>343226949
I did just to see what was inside the room, but I reloaded to another save.
>>
File: 1463024508121.jpg (58 KB, 960x622) Image search: [Google]
1463024508121.jpg
58 KB, 960x622
It was overall good but boy did it have a bunch of flaws.
The atmosphere of the game was pretty good, wading through tons of bodies and rats, the oppressive City Watch, it felt like a fully realized place. In fact each place besides the second level (The Lord Regent's supercastle) felt like they weren't just designed to be stealth video game levels, like they were fully lived in places. The artstyle was decent enough, although actual texture quality was pretty poor. The ways you could change how people reacted to you, and the outcome of the final mission felt pretty interesting as well.

But it had problems. Game difficulty had no bearing on stealth whatsoever, so stealth people got the same difficulty no matter what. The stealth itself was completely broken by Blink; there is no reason for you to ever not use Blink. The lean feature was overpowered as fuck and allowed you to stick your entire torso out to see an entire room. They fixed this in the DLC, but the main game still had these problems. All of the powers you get besides Blink, Possession, the movement speed one, Dark Vision and Time Stop are all related to combat, when 99 percent of the time the best way to kill people is to just shoot a crossbow bolt into their head. Possession is pretty useless considering the fact that it's way easier to just blink over or under something instead of possessing a rat or guard to get past a Wall of Light. Enemies were dumber than a bag of hammers too, with none of them ever bothering to just look up. And since you have just enough regenerating mana to Blink it just becomes a game of Blinking across lightposts and rooftops and choking the odd guard out to get to your destination.

The only way I could enjoy the game after beating it on the hardest difficulty was turning off mana regeneration. That ensures that you don't have to wait for mana regen to blink around and makes using it drain resources.
>>
>>343227187
Say that when there's BLOOD FROM THE EYES! from that shifty knockoff.
>>
>>343227554
The drowned district was greatly designed in my opinion, that moment when you slog through corpses upon corpses of people to literally crawl your way out of that shitheap is amazing.

Shame the eventual pay off felt a little too easy. The lighthouse mission is way too easy and straightforward in comparison.
>>
>>343227760

Definitely. That whole part is beautifully designed.
>>
>>343227712
had kind of an opposite issue re:blink. Figured if the game was made for you to blink everywhere, and you regen enough magic to blink indefinitely, what's the point of waiting around? the system's just to punish blinking fast and I wanted to go fast.

So I used a trainer for infinite magic and it was more fun but less challenging.
>>
So to summarize my observations. If you want a civil, constructive thread about a game you just have to wait half a decade then make a thread about it.
>>
>>343228201
I miss cheats.
>>
>>343228201
Pleb, not doing a no-powers run
>>
File: dishonored-dlc-brigmore-witches.png (582 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
dishonored-dlc-brigmore-witches.png
582 KB, 600x700
>Getting lethal powers is pointless for non-lethal good ending

only thing that grounded my gears

Daud DLCs were superb, one of the best DLCs I played
>>
>>343228201
>if the game was made for you to blink everywhere
It's not. Only casuls and speedrunners do that.

>>343228215
Think you'll get your own squad after what happened last night?
>>
>>343228261
me too holy shit. Trainers behind paywalls is some of the dumbest shit.
>>
>>343226108
You have too fight ornate and smough

>also mega milk goddess

Woulda turned a 3//10 game into at least a 6/:20 tbf my bombista
>>
I think Daud is a great character and the "thankless anti-hero" trope makes me hard
>>
File: 1452477615397.jpg (44 KB, 583x569) Image search: [Google]
1452477615397.jpg
44 KB, 583x569
>>343221902
it came out shortly after DE:HR

Its mediocre compared to that game (which wasnt all that great).

The gameplay is a consolized theif with broken blink. The level design is weak. The writing is utter shit. The artsyle is tumblr.
>>
>>343228427
Well. He wasn't much of a hero in the regular game.
>>
>>343228310
>>343228374
I didn't care enough. I'm really only in this thread so that hopefully I'll feel like finishing it.
>>
>doing house of pleasure mission
>get the heart out fur fun
>learn the prostitutes there were lured with the promise of working at a factory, so me were sold off by their parents
>one even keeps a teddy bear from her childhood
Well Fuck.
>>
>>343228427
I think what made Daud great is that you literally knew nothing about him the whole main game. Then you'd just slaughter him because of reasons and you'd forget about him in the next 30 minutes. Then you play the DLC, discover that he had some depth and start to feel guilty that you just killed him like a dog
>>
>>343228395
They're both in the game though.
>>
Sequel never ever.
>>
>>343228578
>I didn't care enough

Nigga it's one of the most brilliantly designed linear games of this decade, you should care
>>
>>343221902
I loved this game and all my friends loved this game.

I wasn't really involved in all the online discussion stuff at the time. What were the major criticisms people made here?
>>
>>343228859
>blink.exe
>short
>it's not thief
>it's victorian city 17
>>
>>343228828
DELETE THIS
>>
>>343229043
Is it meant to look like he's raping her?
>>
File: Arx_Fatalis_1.jpg (49 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Arx_Fatalis_1.jpg
49 KB, 800x600
Sequel NEVER EVER
>>
>>343221902
I haven't played the Daud DLC, and admittedly I don't like it as much as I would have if I hadn't been hyped for it but I still think it was mediocre
Blink is OP, every other power and tool never felt useful in any particular situation (though some of them are fun to use), stealth was easy and the chaos system is bullshit.
I don't regret playing it but I didn't enjoy it as much as Dark Messiah (which Dishonored seems to draw very heavily from)
>>
>>343228859
Lots of
>4 hours long
Spam. Also the game itself is pretty mediocre compared to deus ex he, when it was billed as David Harvey glorious return to save gaming
>>
Oh come on. /v/ is literally a herd of sheep, myself included. Need I remind you that in 2010 70% of the threads were glorifying Mass Effect 2 and two years later Mass Effect was viewed as the worst of the worst because of a game that really wasn't that much worse than ME2. It takes one consistent samefag to make /v/ hate or love something, deal with it. It's great entertainment but the credibility goes down the drain the second you load the page
>>
My problems with Dishonored is that initially it all felt really clumsy in the first few missions before I got used to it.
Plus there's only two non lethal options. Sleep darts and Choking. All the other powers and weapons, including your main weapon (the sword) are lethal. But the game punishes you for playing lethal with Rats and weepers and a bad ending. I thought that was pretty dumb.

And the graphics and character designs are not that attractive.
>>
>>343229634
>bad ending

Have you played the low chaos last mission? It's boring as fuck. The high chaos ending is climactic and gives closure. The only bad part is that Samuel gets pissed and dies.
>>
>>343227392
i never tried those, what about them were rng?
>>
>>343221902
2012 was just a shitty time on /v/. It couldn't be helped.
>>
Wasn't a bad game and I'm actually looking hesitantly forward to the sequel. It just wasn't worth 60 dollars at launch
>>
>>343231039
To be fair though, apart from the childish "I gotsa get it first" attitude what's the fucking point of buying games at launch? First off they are likely to be a buggy mess because they are, secondly they are expensive and thirdly chances are you'd manage to run them a lot better in 2 years time.
>>
Arkane dumbs down their games with every new iteration. I remember they were going to have light and darkness affect stealth but they cut it out because of bullshit reasons.
>>
>>343228828
The real sin is no more real Might and Magic sequels instead of generic fantasy games with the name slapped on.
>>
>>343231325
This, buying a game at launch is to purchase it at its most expensive and most broken state.
>>
File: 1451699434184.jpg (56 KB, 750x607) Image search: [Google]
1451699434184.jpg
56 KB, 750x607
>>343223736
I loved the sword combat. The finishes were satisfying to me, I especially like the one where you grab their shoulder and give em the old peruvian sword hug. Didn't they work whenever the guard is stunned or something? I remember upgrading the crossbow's reload only just so that I could do a handsome squidward through an entire group of guards using their stagger after the shot.
>>
>>343221902
It was a horrendous piece of shit with minimal number of assets, zero stealth, "pshhh" AI, idiotic interior and nonsensical exterior design, braindead plot, forgettable characters and zero exploration.
>>
File: 1465939406489.jpg (344 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465939406489.jpg
344 KB, 1920x1080
>>343229634
>But the game punishes you for playing lethal with Rats and weepers and a bad ending. I thought that was pretty dumb.
lies
>>
>>343232275
>>343231325
What would drive the industry forward then?
>>
>>343232545
:(
>>
>>343223736
automated finishers always follow a timed parry.
>>
>>343222027
bu.. but anon, you can finish the game full stealth... there's everything needed for that in the game.
>>
>>343232719
People will always buy games at launch, smart buying is a minority of people. Smart buyers usually just wait a few weeks to see fixes and balances and maybe a sale before getting it - prices take forever to drop unless it bombs.

They are still feeding the devs money, usually only a little less than most people. It's not like they're pirating it.
>>
>>343232719
Nothing as long as they sell unfinished shit at launch. But people are gullible and they realize that, and I'm not even talking about the pre-order bonuse. It should not be acceptable to sell an unfinished work of art for its full price. Take my favorite game for example - in 2007 the release version of the Witcher was an unplayable slow loading, bug riddled stink pile. A year later the Enhanced Edition came out, for a while both the launch version and the EE were going retail for the same price, 2 months later the prices dropped by half.
>>
>>343223736
honestly, what combat from arcane ? Arx fatalis ? the game was great but the combat was a bit shit really.
>>
>>343232980
He meant that people thought it was only stealth, but in reality combat was piss easy. You do have the full utility to play stealth, but combat is a focus as well.
>>
>>343228664
I liked the world building in this game
>>
>>343232882
You can finish anyone who is stunned - this occurs with parries, repeated hits, and any ranged combat hit (shooting them with a xbow bolt, bullet)

Favorite thing to do is upgrade nothing but the ammo capacity and reload/bullet capacity and go ham with executions. Makes it way too easy though.
>>
>>343233208
Motherfucking Dark Messiah
>>
>>343221902
It didn't get hated. Only part that was hated was blink
>>
File: 1467142593298.webm (3 MB, 848x432) Image search: [Google]
1467142593298.webm
3 MB, 848x432
Obligatory
>>
File: image.png (512 KB, 866x395) Image search: [Google]
image.png
512 KB, 866x395
will Piero ever get his dick wet?
>>
It's one of the best games of the last generation and without a doubt the game of 2012. An easy 10/10 if I've ever seen one.
The DLC was great too.
I'm hyped as fuck for Dishonored 2.
Rock on, gold dusk woman... Take your silver spoon and dig your... graaaaveee.
>>
>>343222184
The setting is straight out of Thief, but the actual gameplay is way more out of Deus Ex.
>>
>>343223632
>>343234116
Have you ever played the original Thief games? The setting is more out of the fucking horrible Blood Omen 2 than Thief
>>
>>343227014
That's a terrible idea, m8. I love saving, fucking around and then loading the game back up. Games like Dishonored that let you do so much cool shit and mess around with the RPG systems gain a lot from save and loading.
>>
>>343233897
I hope so. Callista x Piero is the best Dishonored ship, not Emily and the Outsider. That one doesn't even make sense
>>
>>343232564
How? That isn't reflective of my experience. I non lethal the target but kill a few guards and get chaos.
>>
>>343226653
Blow off, choffer.
>>
>>343221902
its small and glitchy. a waste of time.
>>
>>343222027
Wait I'm playing the game right now is that not how I'm supposed to play it?
You just blink behind everyone for the entire game
>>
>>343233897
>catch Piero
>he fucks off
>proceed to take a peek yourself

Admit it, you all did it
>>
File: REEEEE.jpg (43 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
REEEEE.jpg
43 KB, 900x900
>>343229634
>But the game punishes you
NO IT FUCKING DOESN'T.
IT LITERALLY REWARDS YOU BY ADAPTING TO HOW YOU PLAY AND CHANGING THE ATMOSPHERE AND STORY.
YOU GET A COOLER FINAL LEVEL.
IT REWARDS GOING MASS MURDERER AND IT REWARDS REPLAY ABILITY.

STOP
IT
WITH
THIS
MEME
>>
>>343234664
The thing with the game is it lets you play the way you want it. In your case it has channeled your inner pleb
>>
Can we all agree that high chaos is more fun than low chaos?
>>
>>343234774
But the game literally told me not to kill people
>>
>>343234756
Nope I ran straight in, offered her my foldable blade, got rejected and then jumped in the bath with her. Apparently playing football with a severed head is more acceptable than that because I got game over
>>
>>343234830
No it didn't
>>
>>343234431
I've played the original Thief games and enjoy them a lot (the first two, anyways, fuck the third and the fourth). I'm saying that it's out of Thief with the whole "old setting with fantasy elements added"
The religious dudes are pretty close to the Hammerites.
>>
>>343234530
I killed roughly 10something guards each level, plus the target, and I still got low chaos.
Besides, honestly, play however you want. High chaos is what happens when you murder half the fucking city, and honestly it's just a cooler ending. The good one is kinda boring.
>>
>>343234756
I told him it was ok and then I looked for myself
>>
>>343233654
Blink was hated? By who, and for what reason?
>>
>>343234943
Yeah it did though.
The game directly tells you to minimize your body count to get the better ending
>>
>>343234820
I had more fun with Low Chaos Ghosting through, to be honest. But High Chaos Paranormal Mass Murderer was fun as well.
>>
>>343234962
You have to kill more than 25% of the entire mission population to get high chaos
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1265x1896) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1265x1896
Stupid rats. Plague. angmin sokomnv..... Mrlling gar Hubsisn Elixir? Bunch of crap.'
>>
File: DWvF10W.jpg (571 KB, 1920x1169) Image search: [Google]
DWvF10W.jpg
571 KB, 1920x1169
>>343221902
i played it a week after I beat bioshock infinite. it blows that game out of the fucking water.

dishonored is great. looking forward to the new one. will replay the first one soon. i installed it the other day
>>
>>343234964
Makes the game too easy.
I don't disagree with that, I just think stealth games are kinda easy unless we're talking Hitman 1-2 or Death to Spies. Dishonored takes heavily from Deus Ex and Thief, both games that really aren't that hard to begin with. The whole point of the game is to have unique possibilities through the way the level's designed, and Blink is one of those opportunities. And I mean, the game's even designed to be playable without using Blink.

>>343235130
And you get a freeby if you go non-lethal on the targets, I think.
>>
>>343235040
Do you not murder in GTA because you're afraid of getting stars faggot? Go all out.
>>
>>343221902
Arkane is a great company that deserves better than getting tossed around publishers like a cheap whore.
>>
File: wVgKe9S.jpg (298 KB, 1345x693) Image search: [Google]
wVgKe9S.jpg
298 KB, 1345x693
>>343228485
>The level design is weak. The writing is utter shit. The artsyle is tumblr.
you tried to hard to shitpost m8. have a you
>>
>>343221902
>first playthrough
>murder my way through everything cuz
>last mission
>samual betrays me
>kill him and throw his corpse into the water
>no fucks given
>proceed with more murder

my no detection non lethal playthrough was more fun though
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 600x535) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 600x535
>>343228485
>level design is weak
>>
File: 1463938678304.gif (93 KB, 2000x2059) Image search: [Google]
1463938678304.gif
93 KB, 2000x2059
>>343221902
>/v/ hates good games

WOW NO WAY THIS HAS TO BE THE FIRST TIME.
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.