[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fell for it. I actually thought it was going to be the next RO.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: TOS(2).jpg (225 KB, 1502x802) Image search: [Google]
TOS(2).jpg
225 KB, 1502x802
I fell for it.

I actually thought it was going to be the next RO.
>>
A lot of people did, for some reason.
>>
>>343220483
It was all the classes, even though half of them are not viable
>>
I get the feeling there are still RO private servers with more players than ToS.

I could tell when playing the beta that a lot of ToS's flaws were conscious design choices and not things that could just be patched away.
>>
I fell for it too.
I kept seeing people post the Y Online comic and thought "no way".
>>
The graphics and the amount and concept of its classes are great. The rest, including their actual implementation, is pretty bad.
>>
File: 1410547945561.jpg (47 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1410547945561.jpg
47 KB, 500x667
>Make "spiritual successor".
>Make it nothing like the original game.

Why?
>>
There won't be a "new" RO
Or vanilla WoW
Or FFXI
Or whatever MMO you want

It has nothing to with developers or games. The MMO community is just different today. What made those games great wasn't the games themselves, but the communities around them and the era they were in during their heyday.
>>
>>343220451
There will never be the next RO because the current audience is fucking trash WoW/FFXIV kids
>>
File: weebshit (56).jpg (195 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
weebshit (56).jpg
195 KB, 500x500
>play this during the two closed betas and the open beta
>realize the game isn't going to be that good
>drop it
>everyone says I will be wrong
>end up being right
>>
>>343221060

Not even sure if it was intentional. I'm pretty sure IMC just has no idea what made RO good.
>>
>>343220451
/vg/ was telling you every single beta, every single day why the game is not RO. KR players where telling you why the game is not RO. Yet people keep falling for it, i just dont understand.
>>
I wanted to grind monsters like in maplestory back in the day . .what I got was Quest grind and daily quests the game.

Yes I Fell for the meme. Fuck
>>
Play to level 200,swordsman is shit.
Reroll a char,get bored of the same boring quest line
drop it
>>
>>343221273
They can at least try.

It's a shame these are both coming out several years too late.
>>
I played the fucking game during the beta period, saw it was shitty even for 1999's standards and dropped like a bomb.
>>
>>343221629
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFvnLq6Mh28
>>
>>343221629
They actually did try to make FFXIV like FFXI and fucked up so bad that they had to literally kill the entire world and make it again to salvage it.
>>
>>343221540

Yeah, and /v/ also said D44M was going to be shit and than MGSV was going to be the best game ever.
>>
File: 1465813000818.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465813000818.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
>>343221747
>0:52
>Framerate is smooth
I call bullshit, 3D mobile games with that many models lag like shit for a lot of normal consumer phones.
>>
>>343220672
They never are.

People seem to think an mmo game with a lot of classes will somehow end up viable or balanced but it can NEVER happen. Period.

There will always be classes that far exceed other choices regardless of how fun the subpar choices might be.

Then again people are stupid enough to believe "well i made a class that can only do X but everyone wants classes that can do Y, BUT I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO Y TOO WITH MY X ONLY CLASS!"

Players dig their own graves and when they realize it, instead of climbing out they want everyone else to jump into theirs.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.