[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Place Your Bets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: images (2).jpg (40 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
40 KB, 512x288
Will Nintendo release another Dedicated Handheld Console after the NX? Or will the 3DS be the last we'll see of Handheld Gaming now that se have Smartphones.
>>
It will be overpriced shit with useless gimmicks anyway
>>
>>343213976
It's not real.
>>
It will basically be the WiiU with games that are more difficult to pirate.
>>
>>343213802
The NX IS their next dedicated handheld console.
>>
>>343214231
http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/nintendo-nx-is-a-home-console-next-handheld-codename-revealed-report-841144
>>
File: images (1).jpg (25 KB, 485x303) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
25 KB, 485x303
>>343214231
You think? I know there are rumors saying the NX is an Hybrid between a Handheld and Home Console but i don't know, plus Nintendo said the NX wouldn't replace the 3DS, i know they said the WiiU too but the WiiU is already dead.
>>343213976
The Gimmkicks shit always work in Handhelds but not in Home Consoles
>>
>>343214878
It can be both things.

>>343215134
It'll be both a handheld and a home console. That's why it will use cards instead of discs. You'll be able to play them on the handheld or on the home console with better graphics and whatnot.
>Nintendo said the NX wouldn't replace the 3DS
They said literally the same about the GBA and the DS. It's just a PR thing.
>>
I thought NX was a console, not a gameboy?
>>
>>343215963
>It'll be both a handheld and a home console.
You don't have any inside information, so don't talk like you do.
>That's why it will use cards instead of discs.
This hasn't been confirmed at all. Putting "cartridges" under trademark applications is done by many publishers and developers. There are recent examples of Ubisoft doing it.
>>
>>343216673
Ubisoft makes 3DS games too, maybe they were thinking of making a port or some related game of whatever that was.
>>
>>343216557
All we know is it's dedicated gaming hardware. Everything else is speculation and rumor.
>>
>>343216557
It is. Pretty much everything points to it being at the very least a home console, barring any weird hybrid shit happening which is the same shit anyways.
>>
>>343218839
The only things that point to it being a home console are rumors, and a misconception that a portable device in 2017 can't be as powerful as Wii U.
>>
>>343219161
Reggie literally said they're hard at work on their new HOME CONSOLE. One that they've announced publicly, so pretty much just leaves the NX as that home console.
>>
>>343213802
NX is a console and handheld.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/150508qa/02.html
>>
>>343219161
>misconception that a portable device in 2017 can't be as powerful as Wii U
No one is under any misconceptions about that. That's how portables have always worked -- being vaguely in the ballpark of the previous generation.

The Game Gear was a portable Master System. The Turbo Express and the SEGA Nomad played the same physical games as their home console counterpart. The GBA was somewhere between a SNES and an N64. The PSP was in the neighborhood of a PS2.

Just making a more powerful portable doesn't make it a "hybrid".
>>
Please let it be the next game cube.

Also check these dubs.
>>
>>343213802
But the 3DS sold significantly more than the Wii U. They're not going to drop out of handhelds if they're still making home consoles (which they are).
>>
>>343220370
Except we HAVE "the Next gamecube"

It's called the WiiU
>>
NX is a WiiU packed into a handheld form-factor with video out to the 'primary screen', or it can be played standalone for most games.

They've got a distributed computing thing going on, too. But it's not going to work well enough to be a major selling point, it will basically be a bunch of BS to get current owners in the door.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>343220603
Yeah I suppose.

I just bought wolf link amiboo for wolf link in breath of the wild.
>>
What Nintendrones really want deep inside are the Nintendo PS4 and Vita.
>>
>>343213802
NX is a platform. Example Windows 10 and Xbox One; people complained about MS ignoring the PC community because of the Xbox, so MS merged the Xbox with Windows 10 that way they could release the same games on both the Xbox and Windows 10 PC at the same time without having to make two different versions. That's why when you download either version you get the other one for free. Nintendo is tired of game droughts on both of their systems, this is the main reason they merged EAD and SPD. When Nintendo releases a game on the NX it will automatically be playable on the handheld and vice versa. With all their devs focused on one platform, we will no longer have an extensive droughts like we had for Nintendo's past generations.
>>
>>343221452
>and Vita.
Not even Sonyggers want that thing.
>hey guis check out this $200 dedicated platform that basically just plays ports (only some actually) of the superior $300 platform.
>>
>>343220370
>not the next snes

have higher standards
>>
>>343221952
>Not even Sonyggers want that thing
That's because it's a Sony handheld with a Nintendo-tier catalog
>>
pokemon has to be put on something
>>
inb4 they ride the VR ship and shove some stupid fucking gimmick down our throats again
>>
>>343214878
>code name MH
>Monster Hunter

Dedicated MH game machine cunferm
>>
File: 1227108248729.png (175 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
1227108248729.png
175 KB, 470x313
>>343223501
My 3DS is already that, just like the my WII was.
>>
>>343223205
Kill yourself
>>
File: 1374979645159.jpg (475 KB, 1500x1200) Image search: [Google]
1374979645159.jpg
475 KB, 1500x1200
>>343214231
>Handheld console

Oh fuck, so those fake renders of the console with buttons in it were true?
>>
>>343222836
If that was the case, they'd be buying it like they did begrudgingly.with the 3DS.
>>
>Mainline MH continues to remain on Nintendo platforms

Are they moneyhatting it or is Capcom still butthurt at Sony for forcing trophies into all their games?
>>
>>343215134
Nintendo also said the DS wouldn't replace the GameBoy Advance.

It was to be the "3rd pillar" and all that.

Nintendo, like any other company, are full of shit.

They're not going to torpedo any potential sales of Wii U or 3DS (however trivial that may be this year) by saying there's a replacement for both in the works.

Fucking lying? Yes.
Good business sense? Yes.
>>
>>343220252
I think that anon meant that people shitpost and act like a current gen handheld can't have similiar specs to an older console, despite everything you just mentioned showing that's how the trend has always been, due to the rate of technology advances.

If it is similar to Wii U, I'm wondering if it will just end up as the porting grounds for old console titles like Arkham and stuff from third party devs looking to make a buck for minimal effort, since the Wii U is similar to 360 and PS3.
>>
>>343226545
Its obvious the NX will replace the Wii U, but the 3DS too? That sounds very unlikely honestly
>>
>>343215134
>I know there are rumors saying the NX is an Hybrid between a Handheld and Home Consol

That's a really stupid rumour. A big proportion of Nintendo's handheld userbase come from the fact the system is cheap and the 3DS originally suffered because of it's originally near-console price tag.

If anything Nintendo should have more devices not less. In the 9th gen they should have a Home Console(~$300-$350), High end Handheld(e.g. New 3DSXL)($200-$250) and lower end Handheld($100-$150). All running the same operating system, that way they serve more customers not less.

I don't see how a typical family with 2 or more children could justify buying a hybrid Nintendo console for each child just for the handheld portion.
>>
>>343226892
The 3DS is over 5 years old and sales have long since peaked.

And yet Nintendo has made no hint of a successor. I wonder why?

The fact is, the past few years Nintendo have experimented with releasing the same game across two platforms (Hyrule Warriors and Smash Bros come to mind).

The idea of combining both seems like something they're building up to.
>>
It would make a lot of sense for Nintendo to combine both for the NX. The WiiU isn't doing well and the 3DS is on the decline. I'd be totally fine with only one machine from Nintendo.
>>
>>343227193
Typical families buy tablets and smart phones for their kids, as opposed to paying $100-$250, and then plopping down $40 for each new game.

The days of Super Mario and Pokemon representing childhoods are over, and instead Minecraft, Five Nights at Freddy's, and Angry Birds are the new childhood gaming icons. Those titles are all available for the cheap on just about any device, instead of being locked to proprietary hardware.

The hybrid deal is likely due to Nintendo experimenting with it through the use of the tablet, and how streaming has evolved in unexpected ways over the years. We very well could see a handheld that upscales to a TV, and have the device function like the tablet with additional things like a menu are now possible, or can be sent back to the device in question when it comes time to go on the move, or the TV needs to be taken over.

Traditional handheld gaming is mostly kept alive by the old guard that remember what a Gameboy is, since other parents don't give a single fuck and just toss the phone with all the free and cheap apps at their kids. This means handheld gaming is more for hobbyists, but that isn't a bad thing. Means bigger wallets to experiment with games and tech.

>>343227552
I would like to think that it doubles as Nintendo being too inept to have cross-buy on their systems, as well as how underpowered their hardware really is if a handheld can crank out the same experience.
>>
File: Iwata on 9th gen systems.png (70 KB, 689x736) Image search: [Google]
Iwata on 9th gen systems.png
70 KB, 689x736
>>343227552

Nintendo's plan is that they'll have multiple devices that run the same OS, that way both the handheld and console can play the same software without situations like Smash 4 where they had to make two games.

I think the reason there's no 3DS successor just yet is because the 3DS is still doing well, it's on the decline but it's still outperforming the Xbox 1. There'd be no reason to cut the 3DS's sales short yet. I think the handheld successor will come in 2018.
>>
>>343227552
Literally the only reason we knew about the NX early was because they had to reassure investors. They didn't actually want to let anything out that early. They can just announce a new handheld next year and release it at the end of the year if they wanted. The fact that they keep reassuring everyone about the 3DS but releasing like nothing tells me another handheld is in the works.
>>
>>343220909
why did you glue it to the side of them shelves anon?
>>
>>343215134

>But not in Home Consoles

Yes they can

Nintendo just assumed the Wii audience would show up
>>
>>343228068
this makes me think that there will be people allowed to release apps and games they've created on the Nintendo Eshop
>>
>>343215134

>but not on Home Console

>OH BOY VR IS THE FUTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE

The fact that Sony and Microsoft are selling it and people are eating it up is embarassing

It's only Gimmick shit when it's Nintendo
>>
>>343228012
It doesn't make sense as a sellable product, though. It'd either be a really weak home console or it'd have a more complicated hardware setup and be fairly expensive.
>>
>>343213802
The handheld market is already dying. Mobile has been taking over their turf for years. That's why the 3DS sales have completely plateaued and is on track to be their worst selling handheld of all time.
>>
>>343228713
Everybody but nintendo is looking at VR. There's been billions invested in it. Don't act like it's just a thing only sony and ms are pushing.
>>
>>343229009
Yet if Nintendo did it first everyone would rave on and on about it being an endless amount of gimmicks.
>>
>>343229009
VR is the new 'Motion Controls'.

Great in theory but hampered by shitty technology.
>>
>>343226545
The DS replaced the gameboy simply because of how successful it ended up being
>>
>>343226545
Really. Companies always spout whatever bs suits them.
>>
>>343228713
The difference is that its always an optional peripheral in sony and microsoft consoles. Nintendo fucking forces you to use their gimmicks along with their shit.
>>
File: images (8).jpg (15 KB, 495x297) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
15 KB, 495x297
Lets see, the DS appeared in 2004 and died in 2014. The 3DS appeared in 2011 and right now its only 6 year olds. That would mean the 3DS has at least 5 or more years of life, and since Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft are releasing upgraded versions of their Home Consoles, that means this 8th Generation will last longer the the 7th Generation at the very least. I believe the 3DS still has Games to show before completely dying but i must admit that i'm not sure if next Generation will have another Handheld, Sony ain't obviously going to make one after the failure the Vita was, they already said it so but Nintendo? I honestly don't know. I hope the 3DS its not their last.
>>
>>343232992
How could anyone think this given the library of the systems?
>>
>>343232992
I could see them hold onto the 3DS for a while longer. But there is absolutely no way that it's their last handheld.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.