[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else excited for Furi? Its a PS+ game this month so I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Furi_Poster[1].png (3 MB, 1280x1813) Image search: [Google]
Furi_Poster[1].png
3 MB, 1280x1813
Anyone else excited for Furi? Its a PS+ game this month so I expect discussion will pick up soon.

Its a boss rush action game with music from Carpenter Brut. The gameplay seems very fun, its fast paced 60fps action with bullet hell elements.

Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8qjW_SQeCc

Story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp7GC3JEqMY

Unedited boss fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg-j6kH8pGw

Some dev comments:

>There is a feeling that I remember from when I was a kid playing video games: the huge, intense satisfaction when I finally beat a level or a boss I had been struggling with for a while. The feeling of learning how to overcome a challenge, with my brain and my thumbs. The combination of understanding and execution felt like a reward in itself.

>I remember it from games like Super Punch Out, bosses from Metal Gear Solid, combat in God Hand. There are many games that gave me that feeling, but recently I’ve felt that games try too hard to be “user friendly.” Adaptive difficulty, dynamic checkpoints, in-game tips… Everything is explained and balanced to make sure nobody drops out.

>'With Furi, we want to give the player an extreme satisfaction when he or she beats a boss. That means he or she will have to sweat a little for it.

>Furi is heavily inspired by the Japanese way of making games. It’s not trying to be realistic in its style or animations. It’s fast-paced and requires a lot of timing, reflex, and judgment. When you press a button, the character reacts immediately. It’s part of what makes it “fair.” Too often in modern games, we press a button and then, in order to make the game look realistic, the character will start an animation that “looks good” but “feels heavy,” and is unresponsive, even laggy. Responsive controls feel good and are a must-have in a combat game.'

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/03/09/furi-on-ps4-a-gauntlet-of-brutal-boss-battles/
>>
>>343199306
Don't forget at least one track from DANGER

https://soundcloud.com/2emedanger/danger-624
>>
>>343199475

Oh wow didn't know that. Just looked it up and it seems like they added a bunch of artists

>CARPENTER BRUT, DANGER, THE TOXIC AVENGER, LORN, SCATTLE, WAVESHAPER and KN1GHT

that's pretty cool, I was satisfied with just Carpenter Brut but scattle and danger are also great and I'm looking forwards to discovering new artists.
>>
>>343199653
I hope dearly it's got something from F.O.O.L or OVERWERK somewhere, their styles would fit perfectly
>>
>>343199306
I dunno, something about it just rubs me the wrong way. Not sure if it's the graphical style or the "YOU WILL DIE" angle the game itself keeps trying to push.
>>
Cool stuff, the kind of fast-paced game i was looking for now. is it only for PS tho?
>>
>>343199790
>"YOU WILL DIE" angle the game itself keeps trying to push

I didn't get that vibe at all, I don't even think they showed the protagonist ever dying.

I feel you on the graphical style though, its a little rough around the edges.

>>343199904

No its on Steam too.
>>
This is going to be the highlight of Plus. I was sold as soon as I heard the music.
>>
File: oki.png (3 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
oki.png
3 MB, 1500x1500
I liked it better when it was called Hyper Light Drifter
>>
File: image.png (284 KB, 505x433) Image search: [Google]
image.png
284 KB, 505x433
>that boss battle footage
HOLY SHIT
THAT LOOKS ORGASMIC
>Xbone gets Banner Saga 2 and Vegas 2
>PSN gets this and Oreshika
This is a pretty fucking good month
>>
>>343200135

Hyper Light Drifter is 30fps trash. Get the fuck outta here.
>>
>>343199306
Is this like Ys? When I saw a trailer a frw months back, it really gave me that Ys feel.
>>
>>343200341
>muh FPS
hyper light drifter was a good game. I enjoyed my time with it.

You have to admit the combat looks identical. Even the characters design comes close.
>>
>>343200846

I'm just fucking with you, I finished HDL and enjoyed it as well. The only difference in combat would seem to be that Furi has a parry and charging attacks and no upgrades like HDL. Also I expect the game to feel significantly different, since HDL has lots of exploring and fighting mobs and Furi is more 1 on 1 boss gauntlet.
>>
>>343201067
Word. I'm just the dashing and slashing, and shooting aspects look the same. That being said I would play this game.
>>
>>343199306

When is it available on PS+?
>>
>>343199306
lulz.net/furi/
>>
>>343200234
Much fucking better than last month with Gone homo and Spike Lee's new joint.
>>
>>343201897

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/06/29/saints-row-gat-out-of-hell-furi-come-to-playstation-plus-on-5th-july/

July 5 on EU so I assume July 7th for NA since they update on Tuesday
>>
>>343199306
hyper light drifter done right?
>>
>>343199306
Yeah I'll check this out. The last time someone brought it up I thought it looked pretty good.
>>
>>343200234

My only concern is that there are a LOT of elements in just that first boss battle. Either the later bosses will become repetitive or they did a really great job and all the bosses have tons of elements and differences.
>>
>>343202017
Now I get to smash my normie friends in their favorite game tho so last month was goat
>>
>>343205082
You mean NBA2k16?
The series of basketball games you can't win because they take you out of the game half way through and LeBron James just make 40 points during the time you can't play? Even though LeBron James isn't a member of the New York Nicks.

You talking about that game?

Seriously though. the commentors can't fucking shut up about him even in games he wasn't a part of. Even in games he is in they say the highlight play of the game was made by Lebron but shows my three pointers and slams.
>>
>>343199306
http://furi.bandcamp.com/

Probably should have included that too.
>>
>>343199780

Never heard these artists before, thanks for this.

>>343206535

Oh I didn't know the full thing was out. Not gonna listen to it since I want to hear it when playing for the first time just like Hotline Miami
>>
>>343199306
This looks pretty cool.
Anyone know what the actual price will be?
Asking because I'll be getting it on Steam
>>
>>343207283

$25
>>
Just PLEASE PUT EDF 4.1 on ps+
>>
>>343207370
oh that's surprisingly-high
I'll still keep an eye on it
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.