[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Miyamoto: Breath of the Wild has over 100 staff, and over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: 5675675.jpg (6 KB, 299x169) Image search: [Google]
5675675.jpg
6 KB, 299x169
>Miyamoto: Breath of the Wild has over 100 staff, and over 300 people in the credits, spending over 5 years. Our current efforts will be helpful in the next production. The costs will be recovered by selling in large volumes, passing 2m sales. A game is a hit in the domestic market if it reaches 300k sales, but we’re targeting worldwide sales. Reviews on the Internet get around. Details get pointed out, so our staff is working more than is required.

Why does Ubishit and the other faggots need 5m sales to post profits?
>>
Because their SJW staff cost more
>>
They work more time for less wage in Japan, and the culture ensures that they'll actually put the work in.
>>
>>343190234
Marketing

As far as I know Nintendo doesn't spend too much on it
>>
>Reviews on the Internet get around. Details get pointed out
>so our staff is working more than is required.

That's not working more than os required. That's doing the fucking work you should be doing.

Fuck, does any company take pride in polishing and finishing their games anymore?
>>
>>343190234
>just over 100 staff

That really isn't a lot honestly. No wonder the game took so long.
>>
>>343190234
>Why does Ubishit and the other faggots need 5m sales to post profits?

Because those western games like to put up commercials in 50 TV stations, the Superbowl halftime break, etc. - that all costs monies.
>>
>>343190234
Marketing budgets.
Western employment
>>
Because the west wastes most of their money on marketing, music, and memes.

The Nips know how to typically create a game for far less that is just as good (sometimes), and for less wage time.

The Western Corporations see something like GTA or CoD and expect that that is the norm and that everyone should be shooting for 10mil sales and while that's good from a business standpoint, you want to make a lot of money, it's not realistic in most cases for video games unless the game is damn good or super normalfag tier.
>>
>>343190234
bad marketing that they pay millions for, jews fuck them over from the development side and from the marketing side, top kek
>>
>>343190234
because in nipland, normal work hours are 9:00AM - 9:00PM.
>>
>>343190234
They spend millions on their E3 tech demos.
>>
>>343190587
can confirm
>>
>>343190992
How much do those memes cost to the company?
>>
>>343193241
Depends on the meme.
>>
can they fix the graphics
>>
Because Nintendo works with long term profit. Also shoestring budget.

Something that western devs need to learn.
>>
30% of typical AAA western garbage budget is wasted in advertising
>>
>>343193861
>30%

Sometimes feel like 90%.
I'm pretty sure that don't cost 1gorillions to reuse engine and make another AC or CoD.
>>
>>343193697

NX version
>>
>>343190691
> And the culture ensures that they'll actually put the work in.
You have never ever worked in Japan if you think this is true. Spending time in the office 12 hours a day faffing about isn't worth more than 8 hours of proper work.
>>
>>343190234
As other anons already said, it's almost all about marketing. Nintendo doesn't really spend a lot for it, not even in Japan, but word goes around all the same thanks to the notoriety of their products and the web.

Meanwhile Ubisoft and Activision need to print and post their shit all around the world to lure in the largest chunk of customers.
>>
>>343193990

Your right they are using the same version but with improvements added on top.

The unreal engines for example.
>>
>>343190234
I've seen ads for watchdogs in bumfuckland.
I've never seen ads for even pokemon.
>>
>>343190234
Because they have 5x the amount of people working on it to shit out a game in a year's time.
>>
>>343190234
because they want to release a game faster than once every 5 years.
>>
>>343190234
More marketing. BotW has been in development for like 5 years and we barely heard about it from Nintendo themselves, and when we did it was not through tv ads or shit. Ubisoft starts ramming every one of their projects in your face in every single media outlet possible from before production even starts.
>>
>>343193990
Titanfall and Destiny felt like 90%. You couldn't get any news out of the game but lord almighty the amount of money they spend on commercials and street/internet ads.

As cringey as this is I DID kinda like it
https://youtu.be/RpDLxs8z08A
>>
>>343190770
its funny because that Nintendo does
>>
>>343193990
Reminder that destiny had an over $500 million budget.
>>
>>343190992
This
Fuck the West
>>
>Nintendo will recoup costs on their biggest game of all time with just 2M worldwide sales
Jesus, really? Why can't western developers operate like this, instead of scrapping everything else they've ever made to push whatever normalfag shit they think could sell 25M?
>>
>>343198881

Western developers or more specifically the biggest western publishers are playing a different business. They raise the stakes so high that independent developers and smaller publishers can't compete in the AAA market.

Then they(e.g. EA) start buying up developers who have no choice but to have them as their publisher to afford to make a game that can compete on the market. Then they then gain a hold on the market(e.g. FIFA) and start squeezing the consumer for all they're worth(e.g. DLC, Season passes). If EA tried Nintendo's strategy they'd allow smaller developers to compete with them.
>>
>>343195117
>implying we need more than 6 hours of work
I don't know why we still spend 1/3 of our day doing shit in an office that could be solved a lot faster, here I am, at work, posting this...
>>
File: EN0030_1.jpg (170 KB, 352x542) Image search: [Google]
EN0030_1.jpg
170 KB, 352x542
>>343190992
This, basically. Marketing and licensing rights to music eat up budget pretty fast.
>>
File: 4fa.jpg (30 KB, 537x416) Image search: [Google]
4fa.jpg
30 KB, 537x416
>>343200009
The western game crash can't come soon enough
>>
>>343196559
The liscening for that Led Zepplin song alone must have been ridiulous.
>>
>>343200184
Go back to work you faggot
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.