[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the appeal of dead rising?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: IneedHotdogs.jpg (54 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
IneedHotdogs.jpg
54 KB, 460x215
Looking to get into the series.

A lot of people tell me not to because it's just goofy, saints row style without deep story and won't make me wanna cry like last of us. True?

I really hated Last of us, or any game that tries to be super deep . This seems right up my alley.
>>
>>343184827
The only rule with this series is to only play the Frank West games. Play 1. Then skip 2 and play Off the Record. Skip 3 as well. Then get hipped about 4. You´re welcome.
>>
>>343184827
What kind of friends are you talking too, DR is pretty fun you kill hordes of zombies with whatevers around and in 2 make soke crrraaazzzy weapons

Story is alright
>>
Capcom still didn't fix the controller bullshit in this game. WTF
>>
>>343185113
don't listen to this homo. 2 is the best one.

Case zero
Dead rising 2
Case west
Off the record
Dead rising 3

You can skip 1, it's incredibly outdated and overated as fuck.
>>
>>343184827
First two games were made to spent hours just messing with the objects and having fun, and then realise that the game itself doesn´t want you to mess with the objects or have fun because of the time limit. What in the hell where they thinking.
>>
>>343185298
what controller bullshit?
>>
>>343185383
why, in your heterosexual opinion, is 2 the best one?
>>
>>343185456
Official Wired Xbox 360 pads only with the PC version
>>
>>343185383
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO28dUXh0aU
>>
>>343185518
it fixes everything wrong with the first one.
>>
>>343184827
PC versions of DR2/DR2:OTR/DR3 are preferred due to smoother framerate. DR1 is only on 360--with an iffy port of Wii. Be warned that DR1 is surprisingly archaic and might be hard to get into it you don't already have some affinity for Frank or the other characters.

My ranking of the series from best to worst:
Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 360
Dead Rising 3
Dead Rising Wii
>>
>>343185383
Case Zero is neat and all but putting it at the top is a bit silly dont ya think?
>>
>>343185761
Fixed nothing, m8
>>
>>343185383
>2 is the best one
it automatically loses by the sole fact that Frank isnt in it. DR1->OTR->DR4, I hated that katie bullshit
>>
>>343185946
>Dramatic story
>In Dead Rising

Yeah, fuck that shit
>>
>>343185946
It's fine if you're a Frank fanboi but that doesn't change that DR1 just plays slower, less mechanically dense and overall just poorer than DR2. DR2 fixed companion AI which was super fucked in the original and introduced crafting.

I can hear an argument for OTR > Vanilla 2.
>>
File: (You) in His Natural Habitat.gif (194 KB, 264x252) Image search: [Google]
(You) in His Natural Habitat.gif
194 KB, 264x252
>>343185421
You'd have plenty of time to spare if you were actually good at the game...
>>
>>343184827
dead rising accepts that its fucking stupid campy shit and it revels in that. its a good game to play when you're sick of all the "cinematic masterpieces" Just skip all the cutscenes and go murder the shit out of zombies man, shit's fun as fuck.
>>
>>343184827
Went back and played them all recently.

>DR1 (360)
Before replaying these games I thought this was gonna hold up a lot better than it did. Without Nostalgia google I can see people not liking it. Worst gameplay in the series but second best map

>DR2 (PC)
A lot better than I remember it. Second best gameplay in the series, best map over all. If you want the good shit go here. Be forewarned, PC version only works with wired 360 pads but the smooth framerate is worth it

>Case Zero and Case West (360)
Going back to the shitty framerate on 360 is a bit of a chore if you play em in the order I played em. Case Zero has a slightly better map than Case West but Case West has a more "fun" plot and dialog

>DR2 OTR (PC)
A non canon version of DR2 starting Frank West. Another game I thought I liked a lot more until I went back and played it. Frank doesn't have enough dialog in this to make it a better game than DR2. Same great map though and Frank does have his moments. Same controller issues as DR2 PC

>DR3 (PC)
Best gameplay in the series. Worst map though along with no fun vehicles. The plot is the least fun in the series and Nick (player character) is no fun. Worth it on a steam sale otherwise it's meh

Sorta kinda hyped for DR4, if they can bring the gameplay of 3 to a map as good as 2 with the fun dialog and plot of 1 they it be perfect.
>>
>>343184827
I love the DR series based mainly on the fact of it using "Romero-style" slow and stupid zombies that are dangerous in hordes, I hate the shit outta superhuman running infected bullshit
The story/lore is pretty interesting as well, try to play them in order if you can!
The learning curve eases up at DR2 and the implementation of combo weapons really made it great, though I feel it may get out of hand after DR3
I could post for hours about it and ill always be a fan, but give it a try and see for yourself
>>
>>343185867
>shit controls
>Left stick aim switched to right stick
>Movement is much better
>Better weapons
>Survivors aren't retarded
>>
>>343186140
> DR1->OTR->DR4
I did list that i prefer OTR to default DR2
the protag and the story was better without that melodramatic bullshit + frank gets the hot asian reporter compared to the stinky hippie in DR2
>>
Capcom is going to remuster the entire series
>>
>>343185383
>don't listen to this homo. 2 is the best one.

>2 is the best one

>not homo

Great opinion brah.
>>
>>343189137
>DR1 1080p 60 fps remaster with a PC port
I'm fine with this.
>>
DR4 is gonna be shit because DR3 was shit.

Too many big stupid weapons and vehicles.
>>
>>343185113
Is off the record really that much better than 2?
I enjoyed 2 but never got OR.
>>
>>343184827
Controls are clunky as fuck, don't even bother. Also the 'goofy' thing you're interested in was perfect in DR1, DR2 just tries too hard to beat DR1 and fails.
>>
2 is great with a friend. Expecting a dramatic story from it is like expecting a dramatic story from Capcoms Resident Evils, Street Fighter, or Devil May Cry series. They are just fun. No one takes them too seriously.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.