[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
diablo 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Diablo_III_cover[1].png (122 KB, 255x354) Image search: [Google]
Diablo_III_cover[1].png
122 KB, 255x354
Haven't played this game since I beat it shortly after it first launched. I remember it being mostly lackluster.

It is worth playing now or what? Is the expansion worth 20 bucks?
>>
>>343182829

If you like hack and slash games and grinding for loot, yes. If you want to play through the story, no.
>>
File: enlightenment.gif (3 MB, 278x165) Image search: [Google]
enlightenment.gif
3 MB, 278x165
Playing through it for the first time right now with a friend. Having a blast. My monk is literally Goku, teleporting around and punching things into space. Shit is cash yo
>>
>>343183365
>If you like hack and slash games and grinding for loot, yes.

There are so many better ones nowadays it's not even funny.
>>
>>343182829
You need the expansion. It's pretty damn good. Very different from release D3, and similarly different from D2 - but it's now good in its own right.
>>
>>343184302
name any
>>
>>343182829

I can't believe I bought the meme about the expansion fixing everything. It fixed like 2 sideline issues plaguing this garbage game. I payed like fifty bucks for the expansion on top of the retail price for the game and wow it has some more content and a few more grind zones. Big fucking deal it's not like I'm going to play it more than once because the game is so garbage.

Don't spend a penny on D3 just download Path of Exile. When D3 launched path of exile was marginally better but with all the additional content and gameplay changes accompanied by the complete lack of cost you have absolutely no reason to play D3 nowadays. If you absolutely must blow money on a game I hear good things about Grim Dawn.
>>
>>343184510
all of them
>>
>>343182829
Get Grim Dawn instead
>>
PC : Garbage
PS4 : Awesome. Local co-op, no forced online, dedicated roll command mapped to the right stick.
>>
>>343184510

Grim Dawn, PoE, TL2 and Diablo 2.
>>
Diablo 3 is more like Gauntlet Legends or Dragon's Crown than it is Diablo. Which is good or bad depending on what you wanted from it.

For me, it was good, because my normie friends are all too retarded to spec properly and that's not really an issue in D3. There's no skill points to invest or ways to fuck up your build. The only thing you can get wrong is gear.
>>
File: 1391787199039.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1391787199039.gif
2 MB, 250x250
What's the best class /v/? About to play with a friend. I must be better.
>>
>>343185068
Can I be a Traditional Wizard and walk around in robes and a magic hat?
>>
>>343185093
I'm thinking about picking the game up whenever I get a PS4

Is it true that it's missing the season updates though?
>>
>>343185374
Monk

get exploding palm
use Seven-Sided Strike
stack cooldown reduction
get crits
use Dashing Strike to never be in a bad position

watch them die
>>
>>343185374
Crusader is garbage, avoid it.
Witch Doctor is swiss army knife, so although he's good, it won't really show that you're one-upping your friend.
Demon Hunter is amazing - at the end of the game, with ideal gear. The first half of the game, you'll seem like a useless shit, plinking away beside them.
Wizard is good but similar to DH, it doesn't really show until later.

Barbarian or Monk are my suggestions, if you want to stick it to your friend. If you roll one and he rolls the other though, you'll pretty much be neck and neck for running around smashing shit to pieces.

If it's local co-op, I'd take the Monk, just because you can self heal and also get this little flash step teleport shit that will drive them fucking berserk (it'll force them to come with you if they're too far away)
>>
>>343182829
RoS made this much easier to get to end game
>one story play through now, no more of this 4 play through bullshit
>by end of story, you are pretty much max level
>beating story unlocks adventure mode, where you can open world it and do what you want
>all new characters have access to adventure mode so you don't have to slog through the story any more than once
>increased drop rates for Legs/Sets and they are 99% likely to be for your class, something that vanilla didn't do
Theres also plenty of new endgame content like Rifts/Greater Rifts and Set Dungeons
The only thing vanilla had that I miss is the Crit Mass WW Wiz
>>
>>343184510
Path of Exile is probably the best ARPG right now.
>>
>>343185171
I'd like PoE more if it didnt boil down to mainly spamming one skill and some mobility thing for a lot of builds.
>>
>>343182829
It's literally nothing alike right now to what it was on release. Itemization is vastly superior.

Yes, I'd say RoS is worth the coin.

That being said, I got bored with RoS, but only after about 500 hours in it. If you haven't played the game since release, you're going to have a fucking blast.
>>
>>343186480
Absolutely wrong. It's shit.

Gameplay wise, the best is still D3. If you want more complicated mechanics, depth and variation, go for Grim Dawn.
>>
>>343187553
Thanks for giving reasons why it's shit.
The reason I like PoE is because of the indepth build customization.
>>
Why do we have one single "Is D3 good again with Ros should i buy expansion????" thread 24/7 for the last two years now? The marketing is so blatant and dumb that I cringe everytime I have to see this while browsing through catalog.

And everytime you find those 5-10 (you) who respond with "wow its so good roS has fixed EVERYTHING" even though it still has the core problems of D3 being a piece of shit.
>>
>>343185642
>Crusader is garbage

Why?
>>
>>343185171
>>343186480
>PoE
If I wanted to play D2 I would play D2

The hell with that outdated combat system
>>
>>343185642
I second Monk, with the right combo of skills you feel like Kenshiro, exploding mobs and flash striking all over the place.
>>
>>343185642
Demon Hunter is fun mode.
>>
>>343185374
Depends, all classes are viable to an extent. The crusader, witch doctor, and barbarian are fun. Demon hunter is easy mode. And monk is alright.

WD and crusader are pretty gear reliant.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.