[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MGS V
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: whatshisname.png (1 MB, 1051x1080) Image search: [Google]
whatshisname.png
1 MB, 1051x1080
Rewatched a couple of the earlier trailers just for shits and giggles and I'm left wondering: Why was this game such complete and total shit given what they had to work with? Did they just get lazy or what?
>>
>ran out of budget.
>Konami wanted the game out and Kojima gone so they could focus on pachinko.
>Kojima is a hack.
Pick all three.
>>
>>343181909
They had a budget of like millions, dude.
>>
>>343181909

Correct
>>
>>343182253
Making a new engine is not cheap, dude.
>>
File: 1459370749597.jpg (75 KB, 563x600) Image search: [Google]
1459370749597.jpg
75 KB, 563x600
>>
>>343181387
you can literally see the moment they ran out of money and then had to shove the game out the door
it's called chapter two.
Thank christ they managed to have decent gameplay mechanics in before they decided they needed it out now.
>>
>>343181387
The gameplay is phenomenal. Where the game truly falls apart is the story, but even then, the story starts very strong.

I feel like if there was more story, stuff to actually do on motherbase, and alternative ways to enter missions than long helicopter rides, then the game would be much better.
>>
>>343184048
le JUST xD
>>
>>343181387
i..is that campbell?
>>
>>343181387
Kojima is an overrated hack, that's it.
>>
>>343183868
I thought it was just an improved MGS4 Fox engine.
>>
>>343184596
just a whiny cuck with no personality
>>
File: 1467159561099.jpg (160 KB, 1200x742) Image search: [Google]
1467159561099.jpg
160 KB, 1200x742
>>343184527

>mgsv has great gameplay meme

stop

the controls and mechanics are great, as in how snake can move around and the way the systems in mgsv are set up to act like a clockwork machine you can throw a wrench in at any time using different choices

that being said, the actual game itself was horribly paced. levels was mostly prefab shit, with very few locations matching GZ quality. bad enemy variety meant you could approach most encounters with the most ridiculous shit you had. you became OP way too quickly thanks to Mother Base snowballing too quickly. partners like D-Dog trivialized the more challenging elements of the game with almost no consequences and there were barely any unique bosses or scripted encounters. most missions were "Extract X" with very few twists that really took advantage of your arsenal. open world was mostly empty space

just because you can move venom around like a dream doesn't mean the rest of the game stacked up
>>
>>343185958
>you become OP way too quickly
How did people manage to do this? I'm at 25% according to the title screen, but I still do most of my missions with lvl 1 tranq.
Is it grinding or what? My Mother Base is like in the high 10s/low 20s levels.
>>
Kojima got fired and deliberately made the game as bad as possible so that no one would ever buy another MGS game after he left. It worked.
>>
>complete and total shit
There's that meme again, faggots completely forgetting about the gameplay and just crying over the story.
>>
>>343181387
What was his name?
>>
>>343181387
Game had great gameplay, but the story and execution were sub par. Kojima got a hard on for open world games, and this game shouldn't have been open world.
>>
>>343185958
>bad enemy variety

what kind of enemies would you want for MGS besides soldier grunts
>>
File: 1335473504566.gif (3 MB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
1335473504566.gif
3 MB, 350x262
>Huge budget
>5 years to work with
>Nobody can question you creatively

What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>343185958
>very few locations matching GZ quality

Oil Field
Afghan Base Camp
Airport
Supply Post
The Mines

There is more, but those locations all match GZ in quality and design.

>Bad Enemy Variety

More variety than any previous game in the series-

Normal Soldier
Sniper Soldier
3 different types of Skull unit Super Soldier
XOF soldier
Riot Armor Soldier
Various Armored Vehicles
Helicopters
Walker Gears

The games biggest failing in terms of enemy variety was that there was rarely armored vehicles and walker gears present during missions. This meant it was too easy to just rely on Snipers to counter all the humanoid opponents. Merely adding multiple armored vehicles to most mission areas would raise the stakes dramatically, and make bringing a rocket launcher instead of a sniper more common, unless you were certain you could perfect stealth it.

>Mother Base snowballing too quickly.

Motherbase doesn't start to snowball until around episode 25- right before the finale of part 1. This is fair. You snowball in power right before fighting the "final boss" of the game.

>partners like D-Dog trivialized

No more than Noctocynan or the Soliton Radar in previous games.

>scripted encounters

Nigga, keep your scripted encounters. That makes shit worse, not better.

>Unique Bosses

Man on Fire
Eli
Quiet
Salehanthropus

So about par the course for MGS.

>most missions are "extract X"

Actually, most missions are "Eliminate X". Extracting is optional 90% of the time. You chose to limit your arsenal greatly to do the extract everything, non-lethal only run of the mission.

>just because you can move venom around like a dream doesn't mean the rest of the game stacked up

Every aspect of the game is godlike with the exception of the lackluster story and shitty post game content/final 5th of the game.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.