[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>$250 Why'd they launch like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: Nintendo-3DS-AquaOpen.jpg (2 MB, 2300x2080) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-3DS-AquaOpen.jpg
2 MB, 2300x2080
>$250

Why'd they launch like this?
>>
When does the next special edition 3ds come out?

I want to buy a nice looking one when sun and moon come out but i want to be ready so i don't end up paying scalper prices.
>>
because they were still riding high on wii bucks

they thought people would pay anything for Nintendo shit
>>
>>343173640
July, the Monster Hunter generations one comes out on the 15th according to Amazon
>>
>>343173640
Last I checked gamestop still had the original price hyrule edition.
>>
>>343173137
Fucking 3DS shits m8
I decided to buy one recently so I could finally play the newest pokemon game, but this crap is still 180€
I mean fuck, it came out 5 years ago, it shouldnt be over 100 now
>>
>>343173640
Buy one now that's under 10.5 so you hack it.
>>
>>343173640
>>343175378

Thanks mates. The hyrule edition has the sort of subtle elegant design i wanted.

>>343175494

I only want it to play pokemon. I don't mind waiting a few months for the hacks to reach whatever version i get.
>>
Because idiots bought it anyways.
I should know.
Tfw I lost my original 3DS with ambassador status and can't fucking find it
>>
>>343175751
Hyrule edition is like confirmed shipped with 9.9 if I recall correctly, so you'll be fine to hack it right away.

If you wait for a brand new special edition to come out, then its possible it will have a version that hacks won't reach for VERY long time.
>>
>>343175402
You can get a 2DS for that price.
>>
>>343175864

Thanks for letting me know
>>
3D screens were expensive as shit at the time and Nintendo sells at break-even prices.
>>
>>343175820
That kind of thing is directly tied to the console?
>>
File: 1397044994457.jpg (88 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1397044994457.jpg
88 KB, 500x500
>>343175897
>small screen
>uncomfortable in hands
>>
>mfw have every model except og n3ds

Only special edition I have is the FE Fates n3ds. I don't even pay FE games.
>>
File: one won't hurt.png (17 KB, 570x624) Image search: [Google]
one won't hurt.png
17 KB, 570x624
>>343173640
Monster Hunter Generations, which comes out on the 15th/16th of July depending where you live.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2016/05/12/monster-hunter-generations-and-limited-edition-new-3ds-xl-coming-july-15

Basically, PAL regions get a red one and the US gets a blue one.
>>
>>343175820
I bought the fucker on launch day.

Don't feel burned though. The Ambassador status was cool and Nintendo gave me 20 top tier games.

In hindsight, it was still stupidly over priced for a hand though.
>>
>>343176184
It's a long shot since it's not released yet, but do we have any info on it's firmware?
>>
>>343175981
Pretty sure it is.
I don't remember my old login either way.
I also never had the update to miiverse, so if I ever found it, I could freeshop the shit out of it.
Too bad I never will.
>>
>can't play 3ds because ultra low resolution makes me sick
>If was even just 480p I could deal with it
>Missing out on Zelda remakes, xenoblade, and more because of it
The NX better be a handheld with 3ds games on the digital store
>>
>>343176181
It is a pretty nice-looking edition though, especially with the black buttons on white. Glad mine came with an IPS panel on the top screen.

>>343176386
The Europe/PAL model supposedly will have the game pre-installed, so over there I think it's rather unlikely. Maybe we'll see a new firmware version by the time the game releases, which then the systems would probably be sold with slightly outdated firmware.
>>
I recently hacked my 3DS into arm9loaderhax or I don't know what, downloaded freeshop and got myself SMT4, Soul Hackers, Devil Survivor 1 and 2.

I bought SMT4 a while ago but never finished it, now that I have time and free games I will.
What game do I start with, and what builds (if there are any) are good/should be avoided ?

Also do I have to play Devil Summoner 1 to understand Soul Hackers ?
>>
>>343176261
>Nintendo gave me 20 top tier ROMS that I can play on my phone or pc.

Fixd
>>
>>343177251
>arm9loaderhax or I don't know what
I'm assuming you are a compete beginner then, just as I am. How was was it to hack with arm9? Did you follow plailect or another guide? Any unexpected outcomes you had to solve yourself?
>>
>>343177420
I remembered someone here telling me to go to /hbg/ for advice
I went there
I literally followed every line of the pastebin in the OP
I had no problem or anything.

It was long but hey at least I got free games now. Just don't try to do something that isn't told, just be a complete retard and follow everything that is said in the guide. That's what I did and it worked
>>
>>343177687
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Haven't been there but I assume you mean this guide right?

My only fear is that even if I do it word by word I'll find out something unexpected because fuck my luck.
>>
>>343177687
So you followed https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki right?
>>
>>343177942

Not him, but i followed that guide. The only thing you have to pay really close attention to is using the right downgrade files. Make really sure you use O3ds files if on 3ds or 2ds and n3ds files if on n3ds.

Don't forget to connect a charger, you dont want it to shut down mid downgrade
>>
>>343177942
>>343177949
Yes, that's what I followed.
Your 3DS is actually hacked and ready after part 3, but going all the way is better for the console and yourself
>>
>>343176020
if you want the best shit, you have to pay for it
>>
>>343178271
Yeah well I'm expecting the guide to go "do X and then a green screen will show up" and then I'll do precisely X 100% with no mistakes, and a red screen shows up instead.

Why? Because fuck my luck.
>>
>>343178631

It might be that browserhax or the downgrade itself take a few tries before they work, depends on your luck. Other than that everything should work out fine if you follow the guide exactly
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.