[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tactics thread anyone? I want to get into the series. Should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: tactics.jpg (22 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
tactics.jpg
22 KB, 250x250
Tactics thread anyone?

I want to get into the series. Should I start with the original or just jump to Advance?

Is the psp remake recommended over the ps1 version?
>>
If you want story the tones are different between tactics/war of lions and both advance games, personally I enjoyed the first's medieval fantasy/political setup over the first advance game's kids escape into a fantasy land.
Mechanically both are sound but Advance also introduced a "judge" that would limit or forbid specific actions in given maps. These limitations grant differing penalties if broken, and while it can make for interesting challenges, it became tedious over time. My bad experience with Advance 1 made me skip Advance 2 so I can't give my opinion on that, but I can tell you in regards to the first game and remake that the original is less stylized but runs fully well; the remake on the other hand, while having gorgeous cutscenes and enjoyable bonus content, suffered from mild to severe slowdown when casting spells, or when enemies do.
>>
If you want to get into the series play advanced since it's light as both a file and its gameplay
When you beat it play OG tactics and wreck that shit, it's hard though.
>>
The origional is a deep well made tactical rpg with a more adult level of difficulty and plot.
I highly reccomend it, though a finding a stable port is important. Spending half an hour in a battle and having your game crash is a boner killer.
Advance is a typical sqenix style dumbed down kiddie friendly plot with some new annoying mechanics added that make it hard for me to enjoy. meh.
>>
The original shits on advance in every way imaginable.
Either version is fine, go with whichever translation you prefer.

And if the game prompts you to save after a battle, don't be a moron, do it in a different slot.
>>
>>343172942
never played the remake, but original is one of my favorite games. advance is shit from what i have heard.
>>
File: 1457328510085.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1457328510085.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>343176662
This.
Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, the translation is preference
Everyone prefers what they played first, but of course this doesn't apply to you

I still like the PSX over PSP, but the latter had some nice moments
>>
File: 82430_front.jpg (144 KB, 600x1032) Image search: [Google]
82430_front.jpg
144 KB, 600x1032
>>343172942
PSP version generally has better presentation. I mean just look at the cover.

Granted it needs at least one crucial patch which is the slowdownfix. So if you're opposed to playing emulated on PC or don't have a CFW PSP, you'll be out of luck.

Advanced is a great game in it's own right, I highly suggest it but only after you've played the original. Advance isn't a sequel so much as a re-imagining.
>>
>>343178365
Did they copulate?
>>
File: 1417312807067.jpg (8 KB, 240x196) Image search: [Google]
1417312807067.jpg
8 KB, 240x196
>>343179758
There was definitely penetration
>>
>>343178925
A shame the emulator runs it like crap.
>>
>>343180369
Did you patch it?
>>
>>343179758
They do exchange body fluids at the end
>>
>>343180503
If the fluids don't come from the genitals then it's not really copulation
>>
File: Tactics-Ogre_PSP_US_ESRB.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1724) Image search: [Google]
Tactics-Ogre_PSP_US_ESRB.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1724
>>343180397
Sorry, i'm retarded and thought it was pic related.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.