[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>hear people say it's the best boss fight ever >reach
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 13
File: soul of cinder.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1575) Image search: [Google]
soul of cinder.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1575
>hear people say it's the best boss fight ever
>reach it
>it's basically the boss version of going "He guys, remember Gwyn? Us gamers, man, Dark Souls 1, dude!"

...really?
>>
>>343167869
>He guys
>>
Dark Souls 3 is the MGS4 of the franchise.
>>
>I am cynical about absolutely everything that tries to entertain me: The thread
>>
No one has ever said that

NK gets all the praise
>>
>>343167869
The concept is not bad but the execution is poor.

He only mimics player characters to some degree, which doesn't make it seem all that familiar, but it's not novel either because he has nothing really new about him.

They should've done it so that it pulls data from your savegames, or maybe other player characters.

Way of the Samurai 4 creates wandering NPCs out of your old characters and other people's characters, and it's a pretty fun mechanic. I don't know why they opted for this not-here-not-there option of having a static NPC only barely resembling player characters.
>>
>>343167869
>i hate fun if the fun also references other fun things
Yeah man the Champion Iudex fight was completely ruined by the DeS reference, and the Nameless King was a shitty fight because it called back to an old story thread.
>>
>>343168146
>pulls data from all your savegames
Yeah man why don't they just make this large, unique boss have animations for using every weapon type and spell set in all of the games. They did more then they had to to give him the largest attack pool in any Soulsbourne game already.
>>
>>343168304
>unique boss have animations for using every weapon type and spell set in all of the games

But they are already in the game.

And I didn't say "all" savegames, you manchild.
>>
>>343168204
>hampion Iudex fight was completely ruined by the DeS reference,
what reference?
>>
>>343167942
Best boss fights but it really should've ended several games before it.

Yeah I take that comparison
>>
File: Cosmo.jpg (46 KB, 619x825) Image search: [Google]
Cosmo.jpg
46 KB, 619x825
>>343167869
>Oh man, this has been tough, glad I rationed my estus properly though.
>Health bar fills back up
>It's Gwyn
>Two bosses for the price of one

Fuck you, this was great.
>>
>>343168419
Old King Doran.
>>
>>343168419
He looks like Old King Doran.
>>
Soul of Cinder is the amalgamation of souls that are lit as fuck and linked the flame

Gwyn's is just so fucking badass he became the second half of the boss fight
>>
>>343168515
t. someone who doesn't know what a reference is
>>
>>343168419
He is clearly old King Doran.

Only a lot easier to beat.
>>
File: 1466534558936.jpg (52 KB, 500x643) Image search: [Google]
1466534558936.jpg
52 KB, 500x643
>>343168446
stop posting that image
>>
>>343168549
The item descriptions literally allude to Doran.

Even if they didn't, a visual reference is still a reference. No, anon, it is you who doesn't know what a reference is.
>>
>>343168529
Gwyn is the second phase because SoC mimicked the flame linkers from newest to oldest
>>
>>343168446
Why do you want to fight Gwyn again? Why are fans so obsessed with him? He's just some loser with a fire sword I defeated 5 years ago. Not only did he die long ago before DaS1's story even started, what I killed was actually a shadow of his zombie version. He's double dead. Why would I want to triple kill him again?

This shit really bothers me.
>>
>>343168385
>But they are already in the game
Not really, he uses his own animations that just look like the player's.
>>
>>343168703
>Just some loser with a fire sword

He's God. We've never got to fight him at full power. Nameless King was as close as we'll ever get. Thematically, he's the closing of the game.

That's why fighting him at the end is cool.

That's why it was fun.

>>343168658

Why? That's what she looks like.
>>
>>343168668
t. someone who still doesn't know what a reference is, but is afraid of looking stupid so won't bother looking it up

>>343168748
>>But they are already in the game

Are you telling me that player animations are not in the game? I'm out of this thread, you're all too braindead.
>>
>>343168786
Oooookay, now how about an answer from someone who isn't a deluded Soulscuck.
>>
>>343168703
He is the most important person in the entire dark souls universe.
He had the best theme in the first game

He was pretty bad in the first game.
>>
>>343168794
>Are you telling me that player animations are not in the game?
They are literally not player animations.
>t. someone who still doesn't know what a reference is, but is afraid of looking stupid so won't bother looking it up
What is it, then?
>>
>>343168385
>but they are already in the game
On human sized models balanced for human sized range. Think for a second how stupid it would be to just scale up weapon movesets.
>>
>>343168703
Lord of mother fucking sunlight created anor londo, and basically started the fucking cycle
king of lordran
father of all them knights you killed

hes like the bowser of dark souls
>>
>>343168817
>Oooookay
Ugh

can you not

I, so totally, write like a 15 year old tumblr girl.

#killyourself
>>
>>343168794
>Reference is a relation between objects in which one object designates, or acts as a means by which to connect to or link to, another object. The first object in this relation is said to refer to the second object. The second object, the one to which the first object refers, is called the referent of the first object.
>armor resembles Doran's
>description says it's "modelled after a former king"
Stop being a massive assclown
>>
>>343168703
>i don't understand the game I played
>>343168817
>anyone who does understand is a rabid fanboy
>>
File: pepe.jpg (584 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
584 KB, 1920x1200
>>343168817
Calling someone a cuck doesn't make them wrong. It's cool to fight Gwyn because he failed, and overcoming him means overcoming that failure. What part of that don't you get?

Are you stupid?
>>
>>343168794
I guess Firelink isn't a reference to the Nexus either?
>>
>>343167869
>>it's basically the boss version of going "He guys, remember Gwyn? Us gamers, man, Dark Souls 1, dude!"
Really?

I haven't felt reminded of Gwyn at all when fighting Soul of Cinder.

Gwyn was ezmodo and I killed him on my first try just by blocking.
>>
>>343168985
>I haven't felt reminded of Gwyn at all when fighting Soul of Cinder.
So you haven't reached the second phase or you haven't played dark souls 1?
>>
>>343168794
Go to bed shitposter-kun
>>
>>343168985
yea sure im not reminded by seath when fighting oceiros at all

IO mean whats the fucking similarity hahahah

i cant HAHAHA damn

same with abyss walkers TOTALLY NOTHING TO DO WITH ARTORIAS AT ALL HAHA

nope gwyn has NOTHING to do with soul of cinder
haha
>>
>>343168794
There is no ninjarolling.
There is no weapon transformation
There is no grab

The fuck are you talking about?
>>
>Woah this boss fight is fucking awesome, my favorite in the series!

>Wow ok so this is the best boss fight in the world holy fuck I am going to have an orgasm when I fight this boss FUCK

You're silly, OP. Stop going on discussion boards or you're going to ruin your experience if you think like that. Obviously I am exaggerating, but still.
>>
>>343169067
You realize every souls game has had callbacks to the previous games by virtue of them being sequels, right?
>>
>>343169145
That anon is a shitposter but you have to be blind deaf and stupid to not see any reference to gwny in the fight.
>>
>>343169193
im blind and deaf
>>
>>343168884
yeah, but I already killed him. The whole first game was about setting up his importance for you to kill him. It was pretty conclusive and didn't need any repetition.

I mean, that's like making The Boss boss fight from MGS3 repeat in the later installments. That's silly and cheapens the original game.
>>
>>343169193
I'm not the guy who wanted to dispute that SoL was a massive callback, that guy's an idiot. I'm just pointing out that the response is shitposting.
>>
>>343169256
You mean like the Boss appearing in MGS4?
>>
>>343169256

the boss is like wario and artorias not gwyn
gwyn is like bowser
>>
>>343169256
Fighting the Soul of Cinder is to Gwyn as fighting Peace Walker was to The Boss.
>>
>>343168817
Aren't we all just deluded Soulscucks, and if not we will be when we go hollow in the end.
>>
>>343169256
>It was pretty conclusive and didn't need any repetition

That's the point though..

The world is a cycle in Souls. You're just fighting off the previous fire linkers, including Gwyn.
>>
>>343169256
The reveal of Gwyn was the reveal of what she Soul of Cinder WAS. Until then it was just a strange boss with a lot of moves, then suddenly fucking Gwyn pops out and you realize you have been fighting the conglomeration of every soul that linked the fire. Gwyn form wasn't the point of the fight, it was a device used to reveal the boss' true nature.
>>
>>343169347
>ludleth piloting zeke as secret boss fight
>>
WHY PEOPLE WON'T UNDERSTAND THAT TORCHES GET THE LEECHES AWAY
I'M GIVING TORCHES AWAY AND EVERYONE KEEPS BLEEDING OUT
>>
>>343168075
More like

> /v/
>>
>>343169347
but the Peace Walker fight played nothing like MGS3's. It was called back story-wise, but it was something original. If it was like DaS3 then you'd fight robo-Boss in a field of white flowers and do the exact same shit as before.
>>
>>343167869
>The only challenging part about this boss is figuring out an efficent healing pattern for yourself.
>Second phase is Gwyn but you can't parry him
>First phase uses attacks you already know very well since you fucking played all the game until that point
>Lore about this nigger is unclear
Yep, it's a shitty boss.
>>
>>343168817
>I CALLED YOU A KEK YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!
>>
>>343169443
Because it's a hard thing to communicate through messages. You might think "Oh, these enemies get stunned if you torch them, that must be what the 'Torch required ahead' message was about" then they never notice the maggots writhing on them and are confused about the bleed damage they are taking.
>>
File: 1383816110652.jpg (146 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1383816110652.jpg
146 KB, 1440x810
>>343167869
One of the best boss. Would have been nice he was given a bit more HP, lessen his chance of getting staggered and change his moveset depending on your playstyle.

Post your favorite bosses

Nameless King
Soul of Cinder
Prince Lothric and Lorian
Pontiff Sulyvahn
Adlrich
Dragonslayer Armor
Dancer
Abyss Watchers
>>
So I made a character especially for helpig out with the dancer boss but there's no people summoning me. I'm level 25 and have some weapons and equips from the dragon area and iritheal. Is multiplayer limited by equipment now?
>>
>>343169640
>Post your favorite bosses
go fuck yourself.
>>
>>343169660
Weapon upgrade level yes.

The moment you upgrade any weapon to +6 you only get matched with +4 to +8 I think
And yes twinkling upgrades obviously count double.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-29+at+06.58.29).jpg (17 KB, 497x137) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-29+at+06.58.29).jpg
17 KB, 497x137
>>343169582
If you take the torch out for any reason, the leeches fall off.
I don't know, at least wave the torch on my face. do something, people!
I'm trying so hard to be a nice invader...
>>
DS1
>You were presented to the final boss in the opening cinematic. The lore was all around him and his cronies, there was a lot of buildup and you actually understood why you were entering the bossfight when you did, even if you hadn't read any description
DS2
>Last boss is an NPC you might have seen once, maybe you skipped it because you didn't look around well enough. You have to read all the descriptions in all the weapons and armor of the game if you want to know why the fuck you have to fight her.
SOFTS
>Last boss is a guy you met a couple times that fights you for no real reason, since he lets you do your choice anyways and he isn't dead when you beat him. There is literally no fucking reason for you two to fight, but you still do.
DS3
>Last boss is an entity never mentioned before the bossfight itself. Second phase is the first game's final boss. Up to that point you have no idea wtf you're doing until you read the item descriptions after the game's finale.
Admit it, Gwyn was the only decent one lorewise.
>>
>>343169792
i fucked your mom lorewise
>>
>>343169776
They wouldn't notice that the maggots die. I know I didn't and nearly died to the maggots once before I noticed there was even anything on me.
>>
>>343169792
You are being silly.
Lothric takes the same place as gwyn did in das1.

He is the final boss of dark souls 3.
The soul of cinder is more like an extra boss that is the final boss of the series.

So he is a big culmination of the world and brings it back to gwyn.

I guess if you play the souls games exclusively in a vacuum and if you started with das3 then maybe you would be disappointed.
>>
File: 1467015570440.jpg (29 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
1467015570440.jpg
29 KB, 400x366
>>343169824
>>
>>343169792
Soul of Cinder was probably the best executed. The complete lack of foreshadowing except for one line from the Fire Keeper made the realization really, really good. Nashandra and Aldia are just about equally bad, especially Aldia because even the fight is garbage.
>>
>>343169876
>Last boss isn't last boss
>Mandatory boss that might not be the last boos you fight before facing the final boss is the last boss
Can you see why you're fucking wrong?
>>
>>343169792
BB
>Last boss appears out of nowhere for no logical reason, is only mentioned in EXTREMELY subtle/obscure lore hints, and literally nobody in the fan community understands its motives or actions
>>
>>343169992
moon presence made the hunders tream to guide hunters to kill other great ones
>>
>>343169954
Again when it comes to trilogies you often look at them as one whole instead of 3 seperate parts.

When discussing the original star wars trilogy you could argue that the second part is unessarily darker than the other. But if you look at them as one big movie then empire is the second arc of the whole story.

Your complaint only works if you look at the games in a vacuum. If you have played das3 and haven't played das1.
>>
>>343169770
well fug. I sure goofed on that one. Guess I'll do it again and just upgrade this character to higher levels.
>>
File: NIGGER FAGGOT.png (27 KB, 929x579) Image search: [Google]
NIGGER FAGGOT.png
27 KB, 929x579
>>343170121
>Lothric is more similar to Gwyn because he was actually explain, so is the final boss
>If you disagree you haven't played DS1
>My whole argument has no basis and is built around a misplaced and mispelt metaphore that has nothing to do with the fact that the last boss in DS3 is garbage
Literally pic related
>>
>>343168786
>He's God

No he's not. The gods in these games are just more powerful beings than humans. If ten shitty knights jumped Gwyn they'd knife the fuck out of his throat and kill him.
>>
>>343170298
But the last boss isn't garbage.
It just fills a different role

Saying all the build up has to be about that moment is as arbitrarily as comparing the 18ths both in both games.

I am saying everything is still in the game just for Lothric.
The Soul of Cinder was clearly a sendoff to the entire dark souls universe and not just das3. I like that they did that and I like that they don't have autists like you on the development team.
>>
>>343168786
>Compaing western concept of god with japanese concept of god
Kami is literally a word you can throw around to call any physical being with a lot of power.
Do you think that if japanese people understood what we westerners call "godly" as we actually do they'd use phrases like "the playstation is more powerful than god"?
>>
>>343170473
So Gwyn is based on Eastern gods? Is that what you are trying to tell us here? You don't see any Zeus in his design and anything western about pantheons of god?
>>
Dark Souls 3 is the worst game of this generation so far
>>
>>343170441
Yeah, autists like me wouldn't give straight swords 500+ AR and phantom range, and I wouldn't just use previous games' assets to pander to fanboys and shitheads lie you, but I'd actually make a new game, so you're lucky I have no partecipation in the matter.
I bet you're one of those cucks that didn't complain about the absolute lack of new items weapons and sets, but was content with fanservice because "I can dress like Artorias".
Really, you're the cancer that let them make this unpolished piece of shit recycled circle jerk game and get away with it, kill yourself.
>>
>>343170628
>Dark Souls 3 is the worst game of this generation so far
I'm curious, does anyone EVER actually believe this? I mean, it's obviously a troll comment, but I wonder if any people actually exist who somehow think DaS3 is the worst game ever.
>>
>>343170649
>straight swords 500+ AR
You haven't even played the game. How bad do you even have to be to be unable to counter straight swords. I'm currently using a fucking scythe, the worst weapon class in the game, and I can beat straight sword users.
>>
>>343170649
>guys okay after lothric dark souls 3 ends
>lets have a final boss about the end of the Dark Souls universe and as a big sendoff
>but Miyazaki what if someone wants to compare final bosses
>hmm you are right. We can't have that.
>alright game ends with Lothric.
>gamers couldn't possible handle anything different for a sequel.
>everything has to be at the same place

The fact that you are complaining about a lack of new items and then complaining about not retreading the same story and even just a different structure is so retarded on like five different levels.
>>
>>343170625
>implying Dark Souls hasn't always been an eastern interpretation of western mythology and history
>>
>>343170738
I'm not including non games

yeah it goes without saying that dark souls 3 is a better game than killzone whatever but in terms of games that would be considered noteworthy so far its the worst
>>
>>343170797
Yes.
And western mythology is full of gods like gwyn.

Zeus and Odin come to mind.
>>
>>343170625
That has nothing to do with the concept in the japanese guys's minds that concieved the game.
Language and culture are matters of thinking. If in your culture god is just a really buff guy with insane strenght, you can use all the cultural references from greek mythology you want, you're still making it like that.
Also, greek gods bled when mortals hit them with totally normal weapons. Let me repeat that again: they bled and were in pain when the first asshole with a spear that ran around them poked them in the chest. Aphrodite go struck by a lance when defending her son in Homer. In another classic tale, two giants just took Ares, the god of war himself, and put him in a base and let him there to rot, and the gods were so fucking scared those guys would kill them that had to come up with clever shit to dispose of them. You clearly don't know what you're talking about. I have a degree in this shit.
>>
>>343170820
What games are noteworthy in your opinion
>>
>>343170886
My point isn't that they should be unreachable.
Exactly the opposite actually.

You were the one who claimed that reachable and beatable gods are something exclusively and innately eastern.
That is what I disagreed with.

Gods like Odin and Zeus are clearly similar to gwyn. Gwyn to me would not look out of place in any western pantheon.

You are the one saying it is something exclusively eastern.
>>
>>343170752
>A refined zweihander at 40/40 deals the same damage Anri's straight sword deals with 30 luck or faith
>Somehow defending this flawed damage output stat by saying I can't parry shit
It's not about the multiplayer, it's about the whole game. Do you think it's ok to have a literal 2 feet long iron stick be more powerful than swords that are biggers than their users? Do you think it's in any way plausible, even for a JRPG?
>>343170783
Congratulations, completely missed my point and misinterpreted everything I fucking said.
You have no reason to fight the last boss other than the fact that it hinders your progress
>b-but muh fanservice, m-muh miyazaki, le "it has to be something I already did because I like nostalgia more than content" meme
You're praising a game made by a guy who masturbates to his own reflection in the mirror.
If the final boss just had one phase and was mentioned thru the game I wouldn't even complain about it. It's been done as pure "look, it's like your character and Gwyn ;))))" instead, it feels like something they put there just to give fucktards like you "a satisfactory ending" because they couldn't do it with the story.
Because it's just the same endings for the third time.
>>
I am not sure why people are speaking of Lothric as "the last boss" just because he was "explained". I mean. The only reason he's any different to Nito or the Bed of Chaos is that Dark Souls 3 is linear progression, not "choose which boss goes first"; the reason everything culminates in him(them) is just that. He's the last you gotta fight before reaching for the flame.
If anything, the last boss is the representation of the flame and literally nobody ever shuts the fuck up about it. It is clearly well spoken of. You just never assume you'll actually have to fight it before you do your thing.

This spot marks our grave. But you can rest here too, if you like.
>>
>>343171247
I feel like I am not reaching you at all.
You are not even trying to understand what I hate about your stupid comparison.
>>
>>343171247
I'm currently using Anri's SS, actually. At 16/29/9/35. It just peeks above 400. You are a liar.
>>
>>343171042
>today western mythology has nothing to do with that concept of god
>today eastern mythology does
It was you who had to bring up the greek gods in the first place. I was obviously talking christianity in the first post.
>>
>>343171346
Then say Christianity and not Western gods/mythology

Big fucking difference.
Christianity did not even originate in the West.
I mean come the fuck on you can't blame me for going to Odin and Zeus especially if we are talking about gwyn and western mythology.
>>
>>343171342
I'm absolutely not. Maybe if you posted your stats saying what is what I could tell you where you got it wrong.
I have build with 40 dex, 40 strenght, 30 luck and Anri's does 500 AR. Another one has 50 luck (45+hollow weapon) 30 strenght, 30 luck and 30 faith and it goes over 500. That weapon has mad scaling. The damage it deals can be mitigated by a factor I'm not aware of, since it looks like it's damage is slightly split, but with the right build you can end up dealing a shitton of damage.
>>
>>343171521
>i've overleveled
Alright then champ. Technically Artorias' sword had broken scaling in the original DS, but you didn't hit that level of silly damage within the standard 120/5 SL meta limit. Yeah, a 40/40/30 build will deal more damage because it has more POINT COST.
>>
>>343171435
>Christianity was bigger in Greece than it was in Palestine when it started. True, Armenia has more ancient history with it and shit, but it has been a western religion for most of its history. Also, greek was the original language of the religion, and Pope Francis said it should be in fact studied in greek.
>Literally all the states in Europe and America are christian states (except for based muslim Sweden)
>You still can't understand i'm hinting at that
Not my fault at all.
>>
>>343171746
Christianity is still an outlier as far as western religions go.
Most of them are about "reachable" gods and pantheons.
>>
DS3 in general was a throwback into DS1

>Remember the depressed dude you met at Firelink Shrine? Here is another one!
>Remember your best bro blacksmith? He is there!

And people complained about Solaire getting referenced in half of all miracles in DS2
>>
>>343171647
I never overleveled with those characters.
I put no points in vitality, low points in endurance, no points in AT and I had just passable vigor to get great damage output and item discovery. You can do anything with the right rings and setup. You can 30 levels with 4 rings and add +5 levels with a hollow weapon. You'll be literally level 155 while being level 120.
Not my fault the game was designed like this.
Maybe a black knight greataxe two shots me, big deal, but I can totally do that damage with a meta build.
>>
>>343171264
Lothric was a cheeky faggot. It felt good slaughtering him and his brother.
>>
>Best Boss Design
Dancer
>Best Fight
Twin Princes
>>
>>343171852
The crestfallen has been in every single souls game. If you shittalk that guy, you are going to have to shittalk DeS, DaS, and DaS2.
>>
>>343171852
>Remember the depressed dude you met at Firelink Shrine
You mean the depressed dude that has been in every single Souls game?
>>
The intro of DS3 is a carbon copy of DS1 intro.

Miyazaki is so lazy.
>>
>>343171906
I don't know why, but the Twin Princes fight music made me emotional. It's like they don't wanna fight but have to fight for their survival because you are coming to claim their soul like some sort of Grim Reaper.
>>
>>343171813
There are no other religions in western countries nowadays mate. That's the whole point. Why are we bickering about this anyways? It's off topic, my point was Gwyn=/=Christian God, not anything else.
>>
>>343171885
Your build isn't meta at all if you are using the Prisoners, and wasting ring slots with various stat rings instead of actually useful rings will kill you at higher difficulties. Your build wouldn't even stand up to scrubby SS users, they can outspam you.
>>
>>343169828
Another one died.
Also, i've discovered that the titanite big lizard hits invaders
>>
>>343172032
>pagans
>satanists
>scientologists
>many others
>>
>>343172114
All enemies can hit invaders if they get caught in at attack.
>>
>>343172159
Actually no, only some of the bigger enemies like Giants and mom lizards can hit invaders.
>>
>>343172024
>not the abyss watchers
That bell calling them back to life through the whole thing was fucking glorious.
>>
>>343172032
Hey I just got triggered by your insinuation that gwyn is inherently eastern.
If you meant christianity this whole then I agree with you. He is nothing like the christian god.
>>
>>343172159
What. I don't think so?
I think it's more like >>343172261
Welp, who's up for friendly invasions?
Let's spread the torches for everyone
>>
>>343172048
>using something the game gives me in my build is somehow breaking the soul level meta even if it totally isn't
>Having an insane damage output that can destroy most opponents in 3/5 hits with spammable weapons with good weapon arts isn't a viable strategy according to you
>I can still parry and roll and manage my stamina without stacking those stats
>Buffs exist in order to make builds like mine possible
>I never said I used all those 4 rings. I actually have the darkmoon ring to make use of buffs to further increase my damage and resistance
My build is perfectly viable, and even if I get charmed at the start of the fight I can still win a fight easily.
I found myself in greater danger when fighting with a pure strenght or pure dex build, or when I stacked too much vigor and ended up having hosts just running away from combos and undoing my damage with a single sip. I made a skill\reward choice, kind of like a oneshot build, don't tell me you haven't seen anyone else try that.
>>
>>343172024

Oh, dear brother... Unwavering sword of Lothric's prince. Raise again... as is our curse.
>>
>>343172269
I love how their song never really picks up and becomes bombastic. It just kinda stays quiet and somber, like something long past it's glory days.

Fuck man, I didn't want to kill any of the LoC except Aldrich.
>>
>>343172024
>like some sort of Grim Reaper
Well, you did came there to kill them, they are completely lucid, dont want to kill you and just want to be left alone, same for yhorm, you are literally an assassin sent by the firekeeper.
>>
>>343172126
>Literal teenage angst alternativecucks that have to feel like snowlakes and do it for the sake of having a community that shares their edgyness without actually believing in any of that shit
Yeah, let's count minorities of 40 years olds that smoke weed and play black sabbath with drunken 15 years old girls as a main religion, shall we
Also scams are not religions, they're scams.
>>
>>343172415
I've never seen a damage over health build win versus a decent player unless they have the broken ass Bloodring on to keep themselves invincible.
>>
>>343167869
Its definitely not the best boss fight ever, but I think you've become very jaded. Learn how to have fun with games again, my man.
>>
>>343172530

Actually Yhorm has long since gone insane/mindless and you are there to put him out of his misery more than anything. (As Siegward hints out of the fact he promised to go kill Yhorm should anything go amiss, and the fact Yhorm can't even speak when you and Siegward enter the fight.)
>>
>>343172480
The Abyss Watchers were a little too easy, but fuck if they weren't possibly the most atmospheric and themed fight of the entire game.
>>
>>343172553
>Guy has unlimited HP and is better at the game than me
>He wins
Shocking isn't it? Also
>I have insane damage
>Other guy is retarded
>I win
If you want to break it down to skill, everytime I meet a smarter guy I lose and everytime I meet a dumbass I win. If I meet a guy with my same skill level we're going to deplete each other's HP and whoever wins is left with 1 hp or dies as well. Your argument doesn't change the viability of my build, if anything it strenghtens my point that you can use it, since the game is 90% casuls who bought the game because it was highly hyped.
>>
>>343167869
>"He guys, remember Gwyn? Us gamers, man, Dark Souls 1, dude!"
You are trying too fucking hard to fit in. You can go easier on the memes, and welcome to 4chan.
>>
>>343172708

To be fair the only way they were easy to deal with is with an assisting NPC.
Yeah, yeah, git gud and all that shit; we all get through the boss fight eventually and regardless.
But trying to deal with the spam of the second phase in most builds is quite a pain in all levels when it's solely focused on you.
>>
>>343172530
>tfw the qt3.14 firekeeper is the true villain in this game

>>343172708
Agreed, the first phase wasn't even a real fight to me. But I'll be damned if seeing brethren slay each other endlessly didn't move me. Second phase reminded me of the fair Lady Maria
>>
>>343169792
Its almost like the souls' series has shit writing.
>>
>>343172530
>Aldrich
>Lucid
>Yhorm
>Lucid
And the Abyss Watchers had long ago descended into eternal infighting because of their proximity to the abyss-filled catacombs. They were way too fractured to even call a fighting force anymore, just people that got up to fight other people who keep getting up because you/the other person might be abyss tainted.
>>343172773
Just saying it's not a point against the game's balance to say you can stack points and get more damage out of a multi-stat scaling weapon. Yeah, every quality weapon gets better damage than pure strength/dex weapons. That's a basic tenant of the game's balance.
>>
>>343172937
>Aldrich
>Lucid

Well Aldrich IS lucid. As lucid as a giant blob of goo can be.
He's just really freaking insane.
But he has sort of always been since getting the "the world is going to flood" vision, anyhow. So there's nothing new there.
>>
>>343173046
He's just a hungry fucker that's basically a coma patient whose body keeps eating and killing.
>>
>>343168442
>mgs4
>best boss fights

Are you high?
>>
File: gwyndolin_pls.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gwyndolin_pls.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
I must say I would have found it both fitting and satisfying if Aldrich had been given a more prominent role in the ending of the game.
More so, I would have found it excellent had the storyline shifted to make him and Pontiff Sullyvahn the ultimate challenge/final boss.

Everyone knows Aldrich to some degree, there's more than three areas related to him with extra two sections relating to people tied to him. He has one of the most awkward lore setups, a whole cult around him and literally brought back Japan!Souls most liked character as a corpse puppet. I don't know - it feels as though he had so much buildup and then was simply gone. He would've made a satisfying thing to put down by the very end, as opposed to just somewhere along the road.
>>
>>343173146

Not really, though. He specifically vowed to devour the gods in order to attain the means of surviving the flood.
How he tied "eating" to "becoming a god" is something one can wonder, but it wasn't because of hunger that he started. It's because he was a sadistic fuck that enjoyed people suffering and begging for their lives before he ate them.
A lovely person, really.
>>
File: aleks.png (108 KB, 348x382) Image search: [Google]
aleks.png
108 KB, 348x382
>all these souls-cucks scrambling for any semblance of an argument when an actual human being (i.e. non-souls fan) brings up one of the games flaws.

It's sad actually, the lengths they will go to to defend their shit series, even though they know deep down how bad Dark Souls is.
>>
>>343172937
It is.
You said it does 400 damage for you right?
That's still too much. A fully upgraded sword should do about 230 damage max, if it's a strong one. Anything above that is completely stupid and makes everything else useless.
Crescent axe does 400 damage. That's an halberd. And it's parryable when twohanded.
They basically dumbed down the game to let noobies get to the end by giving them high damage on shit weapons. Everyone who is looking for damage\weight\moveset rateo will of course go for those 4 weapons that do insane damage with no stamina use and are spammable.
This was always a problem of the series, but every meta was not forcing the players to use certain setups to get good results until now. DS3's situation is even worse than DS1's with the havelmoms, because not playing with a havelmom didn't mean having a shitty character. In DS3 doing anything but going quality with a light weapon means that the game will punish you in PVE and players will punish you in PVP. If those weapons were nerfed it wouldn't be like that at all, since PVE would be challenging for everyone and PVP would be more balanced.
>>
>>343173618
>230
SS need a slight nerf, mostly to the strange extra range they get which is legitimately longer than a 1h greatsword, but that is the king of the overnerfs. That's a silly low level of damage, and I don't think you've even begun to work out the balance impact that would have.
>>
Friendly invading is fucking amazing.
I'll tell what happened in my last invasion:

>Invades in Cathedral of the Deep
>Dress up as Solaire, with white ring
>Also no weapons, just a friendly torch of beautiful incandescence
>Find host
>Spam Hello and Wave, as usual
>He keeps the shield up for the whole time and summons a friend
>Like for 5 minutes, the nigger kept the L1 tight as fuck
>Both charge at me
>I say I'm Sorry
>They keep chasing me like madmans for the whole fucking cathedral of the deep
>They agressive as fuck
>Keep trying to dash attack me
>I roll, as usual
>Until i point them a blue door
>They reluctantly open it
>PROGRESS
>They FINALLY understand i'm a friend
>I lead them to the elevator and to the bonfire
>I point a million times, trying to say they better run from the giant
>They are slow as fuck
>Summon dies and host escapes with a sliver of health
>A FREAKING BURNING HOLLOW MADMAN JUMPS OUT OF NOWHERE AND EXPLODES THE HOST
>He dies
>I say I'm Sorry
>Vertebra Shackle won

These fucking suicide hollows. They always crack me up
>>
File: 1463914425980.jpg (72 KB, 800x976) Image search: [Google]
1463914425980.jpg
72 KB, 800x976
DLC WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN
At least when we're going to know anything about it, like the setting or a screnshot WHEEEEEEEN
>>
>>343174056
Not as much fun as shitweapon invading
>currently using a scythe
>people start running from the worst weapon class in the game because it looks nasty and they've probably never even fought a scythe user
>>
>>343174187

How are scythes the worst weapon in the game? People in PvP tend to die extremely easy to it if I ever bother using it. Certainly not the same as cheesing it through with a 1h sword, but then again nothing is.
>>
>>343174187
I tried something alike.
Invading with an unrefined shitty spear.
Because i haven't any decent spear and don't feel like twinking one.
Or gems/titanites.
Usually i murder them with R1 spam(because that's what spears do) then they heal and one shot me because my build is shitty early game.
Actually, my build is pure garbage.
Do pyromancers work on any given level?
>>
>>343174326
>slow
>no hyper armor
>fairly shitty range
>lolnodamage
The only thing they have to their credit is wide attacks and unfamiliarity. I'm using the corvian and it quickly turns into hot garbage the second my bleed buff wears off.
>>
The boss weapon is disappointing.
Why just a sword?
Make the player choose from a gs, a staff, a shortsword, a curved sword and a spear.

Gameplay-wise I like the boss tho.
The whole game was relying a vit too much on nostalgia, imho it features too many DS1 armors instead of making its own thing, same goes for weapons.
>>
>>343174419
Pure pyromancy? No, even aimbot-level freeaim expertise won't net you a kill on a conscious player. You don't have any mixups. Pyromancy as a support to a standard warrior? Very viable.
>>
>>343174446

Range is pretty fine to me. Never use hyper armor for anything personally, and the slowness is easily removed by using appropiately timed jump hits. Damage is pretty fine with a Pontiff knight scythe and a dex build.

But then again I am hardly into meta or minmaxing or any of that. I just don't see as many flaws in it as with whips, most dual weapons, daggers or h2h/claw weapons.
>>
>>343174536
I plan on using chaos spears(I like the partizan and gargoyle so far), combustion(i've experience with it from dark souls 1 and can land it even in pvp) and maybe some other pyros as support?
Also, no "lol fireball"
I just like the whole fire theme and wanted to build around it.
>>
>>343169792
DaS2's Nashandra isn't that hard to understand, especially with how she's part of the powerful monarch & Daughter of Manus combo like in every other DLC. Even with just vanilla you'd have to be pretty blind to miss her in the castle, her painting that fucking CURSES you if you get near or the Firekeeper waiting you at the entrance of Throne of Want, outright telling you Nashandra is coming and why she's coming.

Aldia is probably just testing you, as he has done so far by questioning both the Linking of the Fire and Age of Dark in his dialogue, but yeah otherwise the requirement to get him to appear is completely nonsensical (killing Vendrick). I assume the devs originally intended the player to have to collect all the Crowns in order to find Aldia at the Throne, but then realized that locking the true final boss behind DLC wouldn't be a really good idea so they only made Vendrick a requirement.

>Up to that point you have no idea wtf you're doing until you read the item descriptions after the game's finale.
You'd have to be pretty fucking daft not to realize what Soul of Cinder is supposed to be even during the first phase considering that all his moves are something the player uses. It uses fucking pyromancy buffs and crystal soul mass. Fuck, he even sits at the Kiln like the player sits at bonfires.
>>
I'm thinking of buying this game.

How are luck builds?
>>
>>343174608
>whips
Whips are surprisingly viable, actually. Long and wide range makes them perfect harassment weapons. Dual weapons are almost uniformly absolutely broken, all of them do stupid amounts of damage very quickly when buffed. H2H weapons got buffed and claws are now almost standard on a luck build as their parry/secondary weapon.
>>
>>343174719
Luck can be really good with the right weapons.
>>
>>343174772
YOU'RE MAKING ME WANT TO DO A WHIP BUILD
Also, what's H2H?
And Corvian greatknife can be pretty decent, as well.
>>
>>343174719
Fucking glorious. But your weapon choices are thinned out as fuck because 1. Hollow gems are like precious gold and you only get three guaranteed chances at them per playthrough and only a single somewhat rare enemy type drops them extremely rarely.
2. If you aren't using bleed causing weapons you aren't getting the most out of your build
>>
>>343167869

>game makes a reference to another game from the exact same franchise that takes place in the exact same universe and with events that take place before it
>"like ugh fucking meme devs "us gamers xdddfd" eugh fuck this industry"

You might be trying a little too hard to fit in.
>>
>>343174916
Hand to hand. Fist weapons, in other words.
>>
>>343174608
>slow
mixed with
>no hyper armor
mixed with
>shortish range
Is a death rattle for the weapon class by itself. It means your enemies can almost always interrupt you even if you get the drop on them.
>>
>>343174513
Not to mention it's a great sword. Which is outclassed by UGS
>>
Is Soul of Cinder the final boss? After the princes?
>>
>>343171013
>And he never replies
>>
>>343172879

It seems like most of the plan is masterminded by Ludleth. Most people seem to attribute sinister intentions to him, but that dream he has about how horrible it is to burn in the flame seems to suggest otherwise, if the world of dark he saw was worth doing that again to avoid. I suppose he might have been acting, but somehow I doubt that's the case. Fire Keeper just seems like she has her marching orders and sticks to them to me.
>>
>>343175370
No if you save Greirat from Lothric Castle he gives you a strange relic, if you use this in the kiln while facing the darksign sun a stairway forms and you go to fight the mass of serpents responsible for perpetuating the cycle.
>>
Recently tried out Smough's Hammer, can only reccomend this weapon as it is very fun to use in both duels and invasions. Pulling this thing out of mallet-space can intimidate people too, especially new players.
However: The start-up frames for the hyperarmor are complete shit, for such a slow weapon the damage could be a little bit higher and rolling r1 can be parried. Still very fun to use. I just wish greathammers were better.

One little question: What do you guys do if the host pops a seed or you invade a seeded world with phantoms? Up to now, I say "Fuck it" and use black crystal so that seed was a waste, but there gotta be a better way to counter that.
>>
>>343175562
>Great
>Lothric Castle

Oh so that's where he vanished to? I thought he said Irithyll
>>
>>343171995
no it isnt
>>
>>343175638
>they use a seed
Hey you just gave me the tools to draw masses of enemies towards you. Enjoy fighting those, I'm good enough to dodge them.
It's particularly effective and I fucked a four man gank all by my lonesome utilizing this.
>>
>>343167869
Here's your (You)

Also you're a tasteless fucking nigger
>>
>>343175741
If he died in Irithyll this ending is unobtainable, check the sewers. If you've beaten Pontiff and he isn't back, you fucked up.
>>
>>343175562
You're a dick lol
>>
op has not been this right for a while, that fight blew multiple cocks, it's lucky they put Nameless King in the game otherwise it would have been a failure
>>
>>343175890
Soul of Cinder is one of the best fights in the game, you and the OP are fags.
>>
>>343175890
Nameless King phase 1 is pretty shit desu.
>>
>>343175806
Well I'm at the what I assume is the final boss so maybe. I actually freed him after Aldrich, during Yhorm.

Is it me or NPCs are kinda scarce in this game compared to DaS1? Reminds me of DaS2.
>>
>>343175890
>nameless king saved the game

I have no idea why people keep saying that.
Literally all you have to do is walk in circles and spam crystal spear and he can't do shit about it.
I am not saying the game is bad because of it, I honestly haven't got all these issues people have with the game beyond how easy it is to wrap everything up, but him saving the game single handedly? No.
>>
>>343167869
I with OP. I just wasn't blown away like some other people were. It was a nice call back. But it felt too all too familiar. There should have been a final-final boss that is unique to DaS3, so DaS3 has something unique to contribute to the series.
>>
>>343167869
He fucken parried me... and I died like a bitch
>>
>>343169537
>unclear lore

How the fuck is it unclear? His soul clearly states that it's the amalgamation of every previous flame linker .
>>
>>343176058
>using magic
Opinion discarded. Have you actually never played a souls game before? If you had you wouldn't say something like this so ignorantly.
>>
>>343170865
Odin for sure, and there's a lot of other lil things that make me think that mythos.
>>
>>343177336
This is what I hated.

>boss can parry you
>can't parry him back

Fuck From and their shit 'rules'
>>
>>343167942
except dark souls 3 had gameplay
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.