[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not usually into jap games but I mean, it's only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: ak.jpg (92 KB, 301x173) Image search: [Google]
ak.jpg
92 KB, 301x173
I'm not usually into jap games but I mean, it's only 15 bucks.

Is Akiba Strip any good?
>>
Can you repeat the question?
>>
>>343163342
It has similarities to Way of the Samurai
>>
Well..
>>
File: phone.jpg (53 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
phone.jpg
53 KB, 600x600
>>343163342
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it...
>>
I was considering getting this too
>>
>>343163726

Wait, so this is way of the samurai except with waifus like one of my japanese animes?
>>
buy it and if you dont like it, refund it
>>
Yeah it's your average titty weeb game

Pretty fun
>>
>>343163342
its fucking garbage

i bought it on ps3 for full price so no refundings, im still pissed
>>
>>343163843
The mission/objective structure isn't quite the same, as it's not really about all the branching paths and story choices stuff. But a lot of other stuff like combat, how sidequests work, and how items work are pretty much the same. It's kind of like Yakuza, too
>>
>>343163342
As the only one who doesn't have a text file filled of things to copy paste, let me give you a non-meme answer.

The game is actually pretty decent, it's good value for $15. However, try the demo first. The combat is VERY strange and a bit clunky. You really do need to get used to it and a lot of people hate playing the game using the keyboard.

Personally I think it's a fun game. The main appeal is for weeb gamers though, and those into other Jap culture like anime and idols. There are tons of references and jokes about those sorts of things. Want to prove your waifu is the best? Sure, go ahead and wear a Super Soniko shirt while holding a Purple Heart body pillow and beat the shit out of other otaku with it.

The world is quite nice, it's a fairly accurate representation of Akibahara around 2012. Walk around and see cosplayers posing for photos. People will pass out fliers on street corners, some of which are actual real life fliers. What you're supposed to do with a flier for a ramen shop in Japan is beyond me, but it's a nice touch. The entire area always feels lively as it's bustling with characters, many of which you can talk to. Want to hear that yaoi fangirl's delusions about how those two businessmen who just walked past are totally fucking each other? You can do that.

Everything is silly and quirky. If you end up liking the game's humor, you'll love the entire experience.

I'll say it again, I really recommend trying out the demo so you know what you're getting into.
>>
>>343164215
Thanks I'll try the demo
>>
>>343163620
>>343163675
>>343163686
>>343163719
epic
>>
>>343165961
>Samefagging this hard
>Actually congratulating yourself on it
>Thinking no one can tell

Sure is summer here, huh?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.