[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wrath of the Lich King was the golden age of WoW. Prove me wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
Wrath of the Lich King was the golden age of WoW. Prove me wrong.
>>
It introduced dungeon/raid finder.
>>
>>343162753
Prove him wrong
>>
It was TBC though
>>
>>343162753
Raid finder was in late cataclysm
I still get your point
WOTLK introduce a lot of interface mechanism that grow up and take form in the garrison, raid finder, raid normal/hero/mythic/zoozlesk/Armagagadon/etc, catch up stuff
It was tolerable during it because the general feel of the game was still amazing, now nothing can hide the poop under the carpet
the end of TBC was already at fault with the sunwell isle but again it was a drop of shit in the vast sea
Now the sea is full of shit it stink
>>
>>343163759
Sunwell isle itself was great but the gear it gave out was too powerful. Yeah it cost a lot of badges but still you could get BT equivalent or even better gear in some cases (crossbow for hunters says hello) just by running 5 mans and Karazhan.
>>
>>343162663
What's wrong with Cata?
>>
>>343162663
Vanilla through to WotLK was.
I really like TBC most though. Don't know why. I will cede that WotLK was the better expansion, though, purely in terms of how much more the game opened up.
>>
>>343166867
TBC was quite good but I can never forgive it for introducing arena and flying mounts and removing "wall climbing".
>>
>MMORPG
>hero class
>its OP and an edgy fagmagnet

'popular' means stupid enough to appeal to the mongoloid masses.
>>
>>343163583
this
>>
>>343162663
It had good dungeons and maps, and decent balance in the latter half, but completely shit 0 effort raids.

Gruul's lair should have been a one-off raid dungeon map, not repeated for 3/4 of the fucking raids of WOTLK.
>>
>>343167471
My main is a DK ever since they added it. Was druid before. Go edge yourself off a cliff
>>
It was for me, since all I cared about was arenas.
>>
>>343168328
What the fuck are you rumbling about?
>>
>>343168754
I don't think my opinion is anything special. The 5 mans were great. The world zones were great.

Eye of eternity, Obsidian sanctum, Icecrown citadel, and Wintergrasp were all just a corridor leading to the boss; a joke of a map.
And then, you also had Naxxramas.
Ulduar was literally the only raid with a decent map, and that shit paled in comparison to Blackrock Spire, Karazhan, and almost any other raid that came before.

Horrible uninspired shitty maps made within 10 minutes in Maya and tossed out alongside loot pinatas to keep idiots like you happy for half a year.
>>
>>343163583
this
>>
>>343163583

This, you got proven wrong OP. Wrath is what started the casualbabby heaven. The only thing it did well was content pacing for the first half but even then it fucked that up with the new system of raiding that renders past content entirely obsolete for every player making the game have less relevant, replayable content overall.
>>
File: 1465234595544.png (93 KB, 279x209) Image search: [Google]
1465234595544.png
93 KB, 279x209
It was my favourite expansion, but it was the beginning of the end.
Cataclysm completely killed WoW.
>>
>>343168754
he's talking about the "one raid, small area, one boss" instances that plagued the game until further updates.
>obsidian sanctum
>eye of eternity
>vault of archavon
>onyxia's lair revamp
>ruby sanctum
>argent coliseum
Ulduar and ICC were the only interesting raids with interesting bosses and map layouts
>>
File: 498561123213.jpg (32 KB, 366x321) Image search: [Google]
498561123213.jpg
32 KB, 366x321
>Wrathbabbies
>>
>introduced BoAs which made it so that you could solo the entire leveling experience turning it into a chore that was just done so you could get level cap.

It wouldn't even have been bad if the lategame experience replaced it, but it didn't change and half the content became obsolete while the latter couldn't make up the losses.

>inb4 that was leveling anyways, BoAs just made it less tedious.

Your intangible knowledge of the game and gold made it easier, and leveling was improperly designed for it to be a primer for lategame, which is what it was turned into.
>>
Ulduar was the peak of WoW. Its been downhill since then
>>
>>343171613
>TBCunts
>>
Wasn't the whole nerub raid canceled and totc 1 room raid shit put in instead? It could have been the best expansion but fell short.
>>
>>343162663
>the golden age of WoW
You know the golden age of WoW was the Nostalrius server.
>>
File: 1446577193792.png (18 KB, 501x513) Image search: [Google]
1446577193792.png
18 KB, 501x513
>>343172207
>nostalfags
like a clock
>>
Xelnath (from LoL's design department) has a ton of extremely interesting post-mortems on bosses he designed from TBC and the challenges of trying to develop them hard enough for players, yet easy enough on him as a programmer. Go fucking read it.

http://xelnath.com/post-mortems/
>>
>>343172263
>people often share the objectively correct opinion
Well no fucking shit.
>>
>>343162663

well yeah in terms of subscribers that was its peak and its been downhill since.

i personally liked vanilla the most but wrath was good
>>
>>343172016
I have many thoughts on this matter. It's true that WotLK is perhaps the most egregious example of unfulfilled potential in any game ever. Crystalsong Forest is easy evidence of this. However, the game turned out fairly well regardless.

Remember that the A-team got moved off onto SC2 during the latter half of development (the first of which was actually a great game which neo/v/ will never figure out) so ToTC got made.

Also note that the Ruby Sanctum was made after ICC which everyone seems to conveniently forget when remembering the long wait between ICC and Cata.
>>
>>343172407
>lets read for the sake of wasting time
>demon island
>-cut
nevermind i dont want to fall in depression for wow anymore
>>
>Wrath of the Lich King was the golden age of WoW.

t. ret pally
>>
>>343172848
Alex: Well, what are my other options? The bloody wyrms are floating 10 feet above you at that scale.
Scott: Ugh. I’ll go talk to the animators.
An hour later…

Scott: Uh, guys. I have some bad news….
Alex: They couldn’t fix the animation?

Scott: Uh… worse. All of our animators quit…
Joe: …
Alex: So …

Under Dance, Dance Portal Solution.
>>
>>343162663
No, you're right.
>>
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor was the best expansion has the best content out of all of them
>>
>>343172263
Garrosh did nothing wrong though
>>
TBC for best raiding content
Wrath for best zones and leveling experience
>>
>>343173324
>any TBC raid
>better than Ulduar

No.
>>
File: 1458647528536.jpg (8 KB, 255x254) Image search: [Google]
1458647528536.jpg
8 KB, 255x254
>>343171797

>butthurt wrathbabby can't accept the time when he started playing was shit
>>
Played wow since 2006 and BC was objectively the best expansion. WotlK was great but late Wrath is where WoW began it's decline.
>>
>>343175372
>vehicle fight
>better than molten core at aniversary event with retards pulling trash from the other side of the instance
pick one wrathbaby
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.