[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Rock Band 4 thread Just got the game. What's some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
ITT: Rock Band 4 thread

Just got the game. What's some must have DLC songs?

Also talk about the upcoming expansion and new guitar, what songs do you hope it brings?
>>
>>343157493
Didn't play 4---had enough of the plastic instrument sub-genre. Played a lot of 2 and 3.

>must have DLC
what are your tastes, anon? I got the most mileage out of Wonderwall--everyone loves that track and it's easy enough for parties. My main crew--Weezer, hands down.
>>
How does importing work on ps4? U have a bunch of track packs and imports from every game, but last I heard a lot of that suit wasn't ready yet.
>>
>>343157493
Some of the DLC songs I have:

Would? - Alice in Chains (last purchase)
Heart Shaped Nox, About A Girl, Breed - Nirvana
Smooth - Santana
The Pretender - Foo Fighters
Ode to Solitude - HIM
21 Guns, East Jesus Nowhere - Green Day
Rust in Peace album - Megadeth
And Justice for All - Metallica
Indians - Anthrax
Buddy Holly - Weezer

Ask if you want me to post more songs
>>
>>343158007
I have a really varied taste, what I'm mostly looking forward to is memorable/recognizable songs that's also fun to play

>>343157867
You need to have played the game on a PS3 with the same PSN account, then you get an option to import from that game. Not everyone works, but RB3 does.

Sucks for me, since I have a PS4 now and all my old games for Xbox 360

>>343158007
Cool list, do post more! It's a shame tough that they hide certain songs so you have to buy the whole pack, like Pretty Fly for a White guy is only in the Offspring pack and not able to be purchased separately
>>
>>343158449
Alright heres some more

No Rain - Blind Melon (great 90s Alternative song )
Suck My Kiss, Scar Tissue - Red Hot Chlli Peppers
The Kids Aren't Alright - the Offspring
Jesus Christ Pose - Soundgarden
Wrong Way - Sublime
So Far Away - Avenged Sevefold
Jungle Boogie - Kool and the Gang
A Little Bit Sixteen Candles, A Little More Touch Me - Fall Out Boy
Cult of Persoality - Living Colour
(Bang Your Head) Mental Health - Quiet Riot
Pumped Up Kicks - Fster the Children

Those last few songs are in RB Blitz I recommend you get it since its on sale cause you get 25 songs for a few bucks (5)
>>
dlc just depends on your instrument and what you like, rush for example is godly for drums
>>
>>343157493
what expansion and guitar?
>>
File: fender jaguar.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
fender jaguar.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>343161120
This guitar. The expansion will be called Rock Band Rivals, comes out this fall and will cost 29.99 USD.

We don't know exactly what will be included, we do know that we're getting more songs, online aswell as a more in-depth single player/band mode
>>
>>343161382
holy fuck i'm so mad right now.
>>
>>343157493
There's full albums you can buy, and if you can you should buy Doolittle by the Pixies
>>
>>343161420
Why?
>>
>>343161627
This. 10/10 album op
>>
>Charging 15 bucks for transferring the songs from Rock Band 3 to Rock Band 4
>RB4 drums are inherently broken and they don't give a shit about fixing it

Fuck Harmonix and fuck anyone who gives these shits money
>>
>>343161640
>this guitar will probably be better than the one that launched with the game
>won't have the issues the base guitar has
>drums still aren't fucking fixed

but of course they're quick to sell you more dlc. what a fucking joke.
>>
>>343162032
I'm just glad that I'm a vocalist, apparently I use the only instrumen that doesn't have an issue. I know about the drums missing note, but what's wrong with the guitar?
>>
>>343162032
PDP is making new drums. Consensus among the player base is that there's something fundamentally wrong with the Mad Catz RB4 drums and they're unfixable.
>>
>>343157493
Rock Band Blitz is on sale on PSN right now for 6 bucks. All 25 songs are available for importing into RB4, free. It's a pretty good deal, and they have a pretty varied soundtrack on that.
>>343157867
What platform? Most of the exports are working now, except for European PS4 is getting dicked pretty bad, and there are a few hiccups for SOME people on all other platforms.
>>
>>343162421
>Rock Band Blitz
I'm in Europe. I can't find it on PSN, am I fucked?
>>
>>343162234
great. i get absolutely shit on for being with them from the start.
>>
>>343158449
This month they have been putting out fucking FIRE for songs. Songs that are like "Holy shit, I have to have that song." I've picked up all but maybe... 2 of them, I think.
>>
File: 129791361355.jpg (17 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
129791361355.jpg
17 KB, 320x320
>rock band's still completely shafted regarding dream theater
>>
>>343162535
You have to buy it for PS3 first (via the web store for the PS3 PSN store), and then you can DL the soundtrack for your PS4. I don't know where it might be on the SCEE store

>>343162589
Yeah, it's a pretty shitty situation for day-1 drummers.
>>
>>343162785
On The Backs Of Angels and Constant Motion are both available as DLC. Panic Attack is available as part of the RB2 export. So not COMPLETELY shafted. Better than Muse is doing, for sure.
>>
File: 129791361356.jpg (115 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
129791361356.jpg
115 KB, 720x960
>>343162973
>songs from dramatic turn of events and systematic chaos
>literally the worst two albums they've put out
>>
>>343157493
Do you like hard, technical songs, or what? Define "must have"
>>
>>343163114
It's a "Stop Liking What I Don't Like" episode
>>
>>343163114

>be harmonix
>ask DT for some songs to use, suggest a few good ones
>they say "nah, those are too good, use these instead"
>uhhh ok

blame DT for not letting them use the good shit
>>
>>343162857
On a computer? I just log in and find it and buy it on my computer then dl the soundtrack on rb4?
>>
>>343163545
Let's see if 4chan will let me link you

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/rock-band-blitz-(full-game-upgrade)/cid=EP8802-NPEB00988_00-RBBLITZ00000FULL

That's the full game of RB Blitz on the European store. After that... umm... fuck. I can't find the soundtrack pack you have to DL
>>
Do 360 drums work on xbone?
>>
>>343163545
Wait wait wait. You might have to be able to start it up on a PS3 first before it'll show up in RB4:

From a "How to export" wiki for RB4 -
Instructions for EU/AU users:
Start up Rock Band Blitz.
After loading your DLC it will ask you to download the Blitz Soundtrack.
Accept it and you will now have the soundtrack on your account.
Highlight Rock Band 4 on the PS4 menu then scroll down to My Add-Ons and you should see the individual tracks right at the top.
>>
>>343163907
What model? For all those in the "DO" list below, you have to buy a legacy adapter because MS are greedy jewcocks

DO:
RB3 wireless
Beatles Rock Band Ludwig wireless
RB2 wireless
Band Hero wireless
GH World Tour wireless
Logitech wireless

Do NOT:
RB1 wired
ION wired (currently, but an ION adapter is coming)
>>
>>343163730
>>343163964
Right, I've found it. Not gonna purchase it tough as it sounds that I need a PS3 to use it correctly.

Damn shame. Hopefully we'll get some good tracks on the rivals expansion
>>
>>343164271
If you know anyone with a PS3, you can log into your account on their PS3, buy it, load it up (it's a standalone game, so you won't need RB3 or anything) and then you will get it on your account to use in the PS4
>>
Buy Pardise by the Dashboard Light.

You get your moneys worth. It's like 8 minutes long and it got so many different style and tempo changes for every instrument.

If you want fun songs to play with a group get famous songs like Red Hot Chili Peppers
>>
>>343157493
If you hate yourself and you play guitar, get DragonForce (and everything else in the hardest guitar songs section of the Rock Band in-game store)
>>
>>343161990
>>343162032
>>343162234
What's wrong with the drums?
>>
>>343165881
The RB4 Mad Catz drums have a hard upper limit on how quick they can accept input from rolls. There's also a noticeable amount of lag that no amount of calibration fixes.

Legacy drums are much better, though (and don't seem to have the roll limit)
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.