[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is fucking shit. I need some new platformers and/or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: index.jpg (13 KB, 329x153) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
13 KB, 329x153
This game is fucking shit. I need some new platformers and/or metroidvanias
>>
Rabi Ribi is really great if you can stomach the weeb shit. Movement and combat gets really great as you progress.
>>
>>343155516

Have you played La Manala?
>>
File: MD_wardner_no_mori_special.jpg (203 KB, 640x937) Image search: [Google]
MD_wardner_no_mori_special.jpg
203 KB, 640x937
It's old and visually rough around the edges but it is pretty addicting for a Genesis game. Second level is like the primeval ancestor of Super Meat Boy.
>>
>>343155781
of course.

>>343155736
Rabi Ribi, gonna try this out. There was some other weeb game this just reminded me of that I tried out and was fun as fuck. Think it was sometyhing about a rabbit but forget the name.
>>
>>343155931
Bunny Must Die, which is also really great imo. The controls turn some people off but I liked them.
>>
>>343156087
>Bunny Must Die
that;s it! Honestly didn't think I'd like it because of the weeb stuff but I was so starved for platformers I gave it a shot and enjoyed it. Rabi Ribi looks better though. Prefer a faster paced platformer.
>>
>>343155830
that looks awful
>>
File: AXIOM VERGE Item map final.png (34 KB, 1404x1284) Image search: [Google]
AXIOM VERGE Item map final.png
34 KB, 1404x1284
>>343155516
Axiom Verge is pretty great.
>>
Slain! has been patched, so maybe give that another try?
>>
>>343155516
How bad is it?
>>
>>343158336
Nice gonna try it out again.

>>343158632
I found it incredibly boring. I dunno why it's rated so high on steam but the combat sucks and the platforming is a bit dodgy. I knew I was gonna have a bad time when every new room I went into there was a few minutes of pointless dialogue. It's more roguelike than anything else, even tho there's a "classic" mode you still lose your weapons/upgrades when you die and start again collecting shit but the map stays revealed/story progressed. Don't mind roguelikes or anyhting it just didn't work with this game
>>
>>343159167
Have you never played UnEpic? Same thing, only more Sci-Fi and with guns.
>>
>>343159248
yup actually really liked unepic, I know same developers but ghost 1.0 rubbed me the wrong way
>>
>>343156992
This was awesome actually, finished it last week. Felt like a new classic metroid game
>>
File: 1453492869649.jpg (46 KB, 505x800) Image search: [Google]
1453492869649.jpg
46 KB, 505x800
>>343155516
Damn it, I was actually gonna buy this game. We need more games with cute robots.
>>
>>343156992
Meh. Worth it,but I wish the weapons felt worth it. Maybe its the sound effects or enemy progression but weapons feel over powered the whole game until the end where suddenly you're not gud enough for the robots because you've never had to be good the whole game.

I liked the story more than anything.
>>
>>343159703
Yeah story was the best part. most of the weapons are garbage really and the robots at the end are easy if you have the lightning gun and last boss was cake with flamethrowing
>>
>>343155516
The Fall was... Not really a platformer at all, it was an adventure game, never mind. But I enjoyed it recently.

Switcher? I think that was a puzzle platformer. Couple years old now though.
>>
>>343160173
>Switcher
you mean the Swapper? Yup played that and loved it. Still have it installed and play it every now and again. great comfy puzzle platformer. great story too
>>
File: ma kai quest.png (5 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
ma kai quest.png
5 KB, 256x192
>>343160286
Yes that was what I meant.

I'm tapped out on platformers then. I'm monitoring this thread buecause I don't trust reviewers after they do stuff like suck the dick of all these artsy child bullshit games that are terrible.

Will probably try out Rabi

Ma kai quest was in vr in an Alex Kidd thread, no idea about it.

Oh. 'Iji' was a great platformer. Again older though. Freeware, and its just great
>>
File: 2016-03-27.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-27.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>343160720
Fullbore. Phone ate my post.

Good story again, just a puzzle game, the platforming is part of the puzzle interface. Really interesting mechanics and challenging puzzles, still comfy. Loved the music.
>>
File: Mischief_Makers.jpg (28 KB, 376x265) Image search: [Google]
Mischief_Makers.jpg
28 KB, 376x265
Have you played Mischief Makers?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.