[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Talk about the long dark please.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: 20160629012002_1.jpg (215 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160629012002_1.jpg
215 KB, 1920x1080
Talk about the long dark please.
>>
File: 20160514113126_1.jpg (176 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160514113126_1.jpg
176 KB, 1920x1080
It's good
Comfy as fuck
There really needs to be more "primitive" devices though
It's possible to survive in real life once you run out of matches
>>
>>343153425
>Got sticks
>Can I do the friction fire start thing?
>Nope, fuck
Heard it's coming later though.
>>
File: 20160513213947_1.jpg (204 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160513213947_1.jpg
204 KB, 1920x1080
>>343153724
Yeah at least the devs are active
I looked at their roadmap for what they hope to add within the next few months and I'm happy
Not too sure about their intention to add seasons, I'd rather just have perpetual winter, but then again I'm a winter fetishist
>>
File: 521-3.jpg (260 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
521-3.jpg
260 KB, 1920x1080
>>343153301
I've had it for about 3 years now, I love that's its not abandoned and they're always updating it

>>343153425
I hope by primitive you don't mean going full minecraft, since that wouldn't be good
>>
>>343153425
>>343153724
bow drilling next update most basic fire starting.

Fire is the last shit part that needs fixing. Hit day like 50, 0 matches, firestrikes near the end of lifespan, magnifying is too limiting and can also degrade past fixing.

Bow Drilling should be good. After that, everything is possible to not be bullshit.
>>
>>343154064
No, fuck that
I just want completely sustainable living
Right now you're basically fucked after your matches run out
Yeah you can make infinite fire with the magnifying glass but the weather is always shitty so sunlight is pretty rare, especially late in the day
>>
>>343154164
read >>343154136
>>
>have survived for 25 days so far.
>survive being lost in a blizzard
>survive countless wolf attacks
>survive ine situation where i was trapped in a fishing hut while there was a blizzard l
going on and a bear was roaming outside and i just said fuck it and ran into the blizzard hoping the bear wouldnt see me, i wouldnt freeze to death and i would find shelter.
>be day 26
>decide to go explore further down the coastal highway
>leave medicine in the cabin i was using as a home base
>forget to purify water
>half hour later
>"throat is parched"
>drink dirty water
>get dyssintery
>medicine is back fucking all the way in the cabin
>hear wolves behind me, no ammo in rifle.
>begin running away towards the cabin
>hear wolves chasing me
>another fucking blizzard starts
>completw whiteout
>cant see the drop 5 feet from me
>fall, break ankle
>sick, broken ankle and freezing
>limping ,wolves behind me
>turn around try to scare them off by popping a flare
>get fucking mauled
>fight the wolf
>manage to get him off
>wolf attacks again
>kill it with the knife
>badly wounded and bleeding
>realize im lost
>health dropping fast
>health at 45%
>realize im going to die
>try to take shelter on a nearby cave
>walk slower and slower
>health at 10%, vision somewhat blury
>blizzard stops, i can see the night sky
>health at 8%
>realize this is it
>lay down in the snow looking up at the sky
>wind gently moving the pine trees
>stars shinning bright
>5%
>hear my heart pumping every time slower and slower
>3%
>fading into obscurity
>2%
>just hear my heart and the wind
>1%
>just hear the wind
>>
>>343154706
>wearing all animal skin clothes
>Blizzard hits dead of night
>Feels like 30F
Life is good.
>>
>>343153869
>Not too sure about their intention to add seasons, I'd rather just have perpetual winter, but then again I'm a winter fetishist
Yeah I'm pretty happy in winter but I only just started and I've only got a few hours of play in. Maybe longer and I'll be begging to look at something other than snow.
>>
File: Symphony of the Night.jpg (178 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
Symphony of the Night.jpg
178 KB, 728x546
>>343153301
>told game is comfy
>constantly hearing shit and looking over my shoulder
>first try, get fucked by a wolf, make it to night 2 before out of things that restore thirst, no container to melt snow 8 hours until light
>second try, getting dark out, follow traintracks
>camp outside dam looking thing, plan to check out when its not dark out
>wake up, freezing to death
>go inside fuck its dark, pull out lantern
>get raped by a wolf
>mfw the entire time

Gonna give it a third try tomorrow, whiles its fun I wouldn't call the default difficulty comfy when new, paranoid as hell.

I'm surprised honestly more "Survive the Cold" games don't exist, Winter Survival is some of my fondest memories of Garry's Mod from years ago.
>>
>>343155192
>I'm surprised honestly more "Survive the Cold" games don't exist, Winter Survival is some of my fondest memories of Garry's Mod from years ago.
Don't Starve with almost 100% winter is the only other one I can think of. I tried 100% winter but died on the second night or something. I don't think the game is set-up for it.
>>
>>343155192
>>343155449
Unreal World RPG

All is happiness for everyone until Winter hits like a brick and everyone starts dying around you in other villages
>>
So what do the harder difficulties actually do? Make less supplies spawn?
>>
Recently tried playing it.
The game is really atmospheric, but what bothers me, ironically, is that it gets way too dark at night.

Like pitch fucking black. Some people may enjoy it, i really don't.
Also, you get too cold too fast. I mean, considering its Canadian wilderness, both points make perfect sense, but it can get tiring really fast
>>
>>343155645
This
Unreal World is fucking great
>>343155706
Yeah, pretty sure, but I've only ever played on the hardest. Shit is pretty scarce
>>
>survive the first 10 days comfy in the cabins with MRE's spare
>carrying too much shit
>don't want to explore because too comfy
What do?
>>
>>343156878
Maybe make a supply cache and drop everything you don't need. But if you're comfy then stay comfy.
>>
>>343157368
>Maybe make a supply cache
Yeah, I go back to a central building near the tracks and dump my stuff there.

>But if you're comfy then stay comfy.
SUPER Comfy. I'll be sad when I run out of supplies and have to head to the train line.
>>
>>343153301
we can talk when its done
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.