[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If anyone with a vita is interested in Adventures of Mana that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
If anyone with a vita is interested in Adventures of Mana that just came out and wanted to see some gameplay before they buy it, Operation Rainfall is streaming it on twitch right now.

/operation_rainfall
>>
>>343149167
Already played it on GBA years ago. Why should I care about a remake of a remake?
>>
>>343150513
it got good reviews. many of which said it's the best version
>>
>>343151362
You're missing the point.
My point is that it's a game that I've already played, and in art style that I find superior since it was very lovingly hand crafted 2D spritework rather than shitty and soulless cheap iOS low poly models. I genuinely don't see why would anyone play this over GBA remake.
>>
>>343151675
Nostalgia, since this is meant to be a full remake than a reimagining. I bought it today, and its flawed, but plays great (god, that orchestral soundtrack), though suffers from a lot of archaic gameplay design that they brought over instead of improve upon, for... I don't know, authenticity? Still fun, but has issues.
>>
File: Photo-2016-02-08-21-38-03-1.jpg (376 KB, 2208x1242) Image search: [Google]
Photo-2016-02-08-21-38-03-1.jpg
376 KB, 2208x1242
>>343152321
The fact it's a "faithul" remake rather than an improved one (like Sword of Mana) is further reason why it's shitty.

But seriously those garbage iOS visuals, JUST FUCKING LOOK AT THIS SHIT
>>
File: Sword of Mana.png (30 KB, 464x304) Image search: [Google]
Sword of Mana.png
30 KB, 464x304
>>343152386
And compare to the beautiful spritework on GBA
>>
File: sword-of-mana.gif (70 KB, 368x256) Image search: [Google]
sword-of-mana.gif
70 KB, 368x256
>>343152527
Seriously, why would you play an inferior version other than nostalgianiggerism?
>>
>>343152386
I'll give you the visuals, considering the Mana series has always had a stunning art direction. Though I'm not surprised by this. This is modern Square Enix we're talking about.

This is a company who released a "remastered" Romancing Saga 2 recently, with the only thing different being the updated backgrounds, and some new dungeons. They didn't even bother to remaster the SNES sprites or soundtrack (not that that's a bad thing, mind you, when you consider the iOS FFV/FFIV).

Still, Mana is at least an admirable and fun experience, but I'll admit I'm a bit biased to the original title (as well as the GBA game).
>>
File: Romancing-Saga-2_04-08-16_001.jpg (111 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Romancing-Saga-2_04-08-16_001.jpg
111 KB, 800x450
>>343152898
Modern Square Enix can still make good looking low poly 3D, see the fucking DS/PSP remakes of Final Fantasy 3/4/After Years as well as Bravely Default/Second and I Am Setsuna.
The fact they put 0 effort into this shit shows how little they cared about it.

Want to see an actually good remake? Look at the Romancing SaGa 2 remake on mobile. Now that's a good "remake". Also the fact they didn't touch character sprites is a good thing after the debacle with FF5/6 iOS/Android as you've said yourself while the backgrounds and monster sprites are objectively improved. It's still cheap but compared to this remake it just looks stunning.

And yes you are most definitely biased, I mean I double dare you to try and say that this new trash is in any way better than Sword of Mana on GBA.
>>
>>343153291
I actually like all three in their own ways. The first one came during a troubled time in my life so yeah, I'm biased to the first one and all of its incarnations in general. Won't deny that.

I consider modern SE to be within the last three years, and I do agree completely with Bravely and I'm looking forward to Setsuna, but I personally feel they've made more questionable choices than smart ones the past few years - Star Ocean, All the Bravest, refusing localizations of niche titles until recently.

In any case, I totally can see why you wouldn't like the Vita/iOS remake, anon. If there is one thing you have given me though, it's that I need to go back and replay the GBA remake after I finish the Vita one. Also... here's hoping Ever Oasis scratches that Mana itch in the future.
>>
Any working APK for Android? Downloaded twice but i get errors and can't use it, Samsung S6 here.
>>
>>343149167
i pirated it on mobile but couldnt stand playing it because...well, its fucking mobile controls.

might end up buying it on vita. its only $13.
does it work on PSTV though?
>>
>>343154184
Star Ocean has only 2 good games. 3 was a major step down and 4 and 5 are equally trash. Not to mention that's not Squeenix as they didn't even develop those, tri-Ace is the developer of those, Squeenix is only the publisher.
All the Bravest was a freemium mobile game designed to make money, and they replaced it with just as shitty Record Keeper which is quite literally a cleverly disguied Pachinko (same as Bandai's Dragon Ball Dokkan Battle).
Those games aren't meant to be good, they're meant to be addictive and make money, why the fuck would you judge a company based on a trashy mobile game, I wouldn't know.

Want to complain about Squeenix decisions? Look at what the fuck did they do to Just Cause 3 and Hitman 6.
>>
>>343154484
PSStore says it's PSTV compatible
>>
>>343154573
>3 was a major step down
i like this meme.

the battle system in 3 is lightyears better than SO1 and 2.

why do star ocean fans have such thick nostalgia glasses?
literally worse than FF and Tales of nostalgia fags.
>>
>>343154754
>garbage art style
>garbage story
>forgettable music

Gee it's almost like most people don't play JRPGs for gameplay but story. And if I wanted good gameplay I wouldn't be playing a JRPG to begin with.
>>
>want to buy it
>$14
>when I could get Mega Man Legends, Brandish, Mamorukun Curse!, A Boy and his Blob AND Gradius V for around the same price
They pretty much wanted this to fail, didn't they? I've been wanting this since it was a thing, but iOS/Android only in the states is what killed it for me.
I really want to support the game, but at the same time, I could just scoop up all these cool deals right now and wait for this to get cheaper.
>>
>>343152386
What the fuck am I looking at?
>>
>>343155340
It's on Vita as well you retard, they reconsidered.
Romancing SaGa 2 is also coming to Vita in the west.
>>
>>343155340
What is a boy and his blob?
Is it good?
>>
>>343155520
The new iOS/Android/Vita remake of Final Fantasy Adventure (aka Seiken Densetsu Final Fantasy Gaiden) aka the first Mana game.
>>
>>343155531
>It's on Vita as well you retard
I know that. I'm just mad that they released it without any sort of heads up AND when there's cool shit on sale.
Btw, I don't understand. Is RS2 just a remake?
>>343155635
Pretty much a remaster of the Wii remake of the NES game of the same name. It's fun. It's also only $2.50 if you have PS Plus or $5 if you don't.
>>
>>343156139
RS2 is more of a remaster than a remake.
Backgrounds are completely redone, but character sprites and music are lifted from SNES original.
>>
>>343149167
I was 100% all in on this, then Square was like 'fuck you, iOS/Android only', then everyone was like 'the touch controls are fine!', so I bought it on Android. I was fucking lied to, by Square, and the 'fans'.

I'm not buying this again, Square, fuck you.
>>
>>343156629
Why didn't you a refund via a chargeback?
>>
>>343156359
Then why was everyone making a big deal about it? Square makes "remasters" for iOS/Android all the time.
>>
>>343157285
Because it's a very well done remaster, unlike this piece of shit.
>>
>>343157361
Isn't there supposed to be another SaGa game coming to Vita? I'm pretty sure it already came out in Japan, though.
>>
>>343157563
>another
You're thinking of this one, the remaster of Romancing SaGa 2. It's already out on iOS/Android in the West, while Japan has it on those + Vita.
Vita version for the west is supposed to come out later this year.

Play the PS2 remake of Romancing SaGa 1 if you haven't, as well as the DS remakes of SaGa 2 and 3 (there are fan translations available).
SaGa 1 Wonderswan remake also has a fantranslation, use Oswan emulator to play it.
>>
I recall the consensus being that Sword of Mana was worse than the original FFA. Correct?

I also remember there was 'Seiken Densetsu Mobile' a few years ago - a Japan-only sprite based remake of FFA that only changed the graphics and nothing else. Is it possible to play that anywhere?

How does FFA compare to SoM and SD3?
>>
>>343156629
U idiot! Square said they were considering it and the fact that you will game on a smart phone under any circumstances is terrible.
>>
>>343157827
Incorrect.
Sword of Mana is the best version, and like REmake it actually makes changes for the better, while this shit is just a 1:1 remake.
>>
>>343157827
https://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ffamobile/reviews/ffamobile-strev.html

SD Mobile was pretty good.
>>
>>343157709
No, no, no. I think it was called SaGa: Scarlet Grace.
>>
>>343158014
Oh, that one.
We know nothing about it since they haven't shown anything since its initial reveal trailer last year.
I expect it's either cancelled or going to be shown on TGS.
If it's not on TGS you can safely assume it got quitely cancelled, most definitely due to Sony stoping production of Vita in Japan last year.
>>
>vita
>tellyfones
>no 3ds

Huh.
>>
Why the fuck don't they just actually release SD3? I mean, I enjoy that hokey fan translation as much as the next guy, but...
>>
>>343158337
u 3DS man?
>>
>>343158337
>being mad about not getting a 3DS port
Why. Don't be a fucking console war faggot.
>>
Wow, I remember when people really, really hated Sword of Mana a few years ago. If I ever mentioned that I liked it, people would appear and tell me how it was total garbage and that the original was so much better. It's strange to see times change.
>>
File: julius.jpg (247 KB, 1045x566) Image search: [Google]
julius.jpg
247 KB, 1045x566
>People like Sword of Mana now.
>>
>>343158706
>>343158772

Well /v/ is full of ultra contrarians
>>
>>343158337
>I can't afford anything
You're missing out. The Vita is great.
>>
>>343158772
I've always kinda liked it.

It helps I played it before the GB version. Although nowadays I like the original most
>>
>>343158592

Well, because that's the only platform I have. I don't play games on my phone cause the controls are awful. Have they said why there's no 3ds version?
>>
>>343158706
Sword of mana's problem was that it was a game full of stuff, packed into a tiny world/game. They added so many mechanics and elements from legend of mana, but the game was still super short with no real post game.
>>
>>343157887
Interesting, good to know, assuming you're not just being contrarian

>>343157945
Better than Sword Of Mana
>>
Is this PSTV compatible? This will decide whether or not I get this.
>>
>>343159040
No, they simply don't care about doing it apparently.
Also learn to idort.
>>
>>343149167
Apparently it's very good, will be buying very soon.
>>
>>343158772
You do realize you never see those artworks in the game right? And the sprites are good.
>>
>>343159475
Yes
>>
>>343159552

Maybe some day, if there's enough I want. Most vita titles aren't my thing.
>>
>>343159725
Vita TV costs next to nothing though and there's still plenty of great games on it.
>>
Didn't even know this was a thing. Thanks anon, been waiting to use my Vita TV for a while now.
>>
>>343159156

I never did any of that Hot House shit because really, what's the point?
>>
I CAN CONFIRM THAT IT IS INDEED COMPATIBLE WITH PS TV
>>
>>343161228

Thanks anon.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.