[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Simple and clean is the way that you're making
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
>"Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feel tonight"
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>343148815
Did she actually sing the English version or just the Japanese version?

Whoever wrote the lyrics for the english version had no conception of the English language.
>>
>>343149217
They were trying to fit it in the same syllables (tempo? rhythm?) as the Japanese version and it fell flat on its face
>>
>>343148815
I don't know, I don't speak japanese.
>>
When I was living in Nipland I noticed that people who had never even heard of Kingdom Hearts would sing this at karaoke a lot. Seems like it was a really popular song over there. The jap version, that is.
>>
Sanctuary > Simple and Clean
>>
>>343149336
>Simple and clean
>fell flat on its face

chose one
>>
>>343148815
The fast version is better
>>
>>343148815

She doesn't write her own lyrics, her mother commited suicide, she tried to debut in the US when she was younger but failed badly and so she stuck to Japan.
>>
EVERYBODY FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINDS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE
>>
>>343149645
>so she stuck to Japan
Eh, you say that like thats a bad thing. Japan is like the biggest CD market on earth and she's incredibly popular over there, so she's probably pretty rich. I wouldn't say it was a big loss for her.
>>
>>343149217
Utada is fluent in English and Japanese. She was born and raised in NYC until she was around 14.
I don't know what the lyrics really mean, but it's probably something that makes sense in a Japanese way but not so much to an English audience. Not due to language barriers, but more so connotations and double meanings in things.
>>
>>343148815
She wants you to shower before vaginal missionary position.
>>
>>343150201
I can speak Jap and i just looked I the japanese version. It has nothing to do with simple and clean. The lyrics are just generic j-pop/anime fare.

"Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feel tonight"
is actually
"In the sudden light I open my eyes, in the middle of the night"
>>
File: ass slap.gif (2 MB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
ass slap.gif
2 MB, 500x360
>>343149873
>. Japan is like the biggest CD market on earth

Remember when we were kids and Japan was super high tech?

And now it's that place that still has CRT monitors, No Internet in daily life, and fucking flip phones
>>
Are the Utada songs from Kairi's point of view?
>>
>>343150812
Flip phones aren't that wide spread anymore. They were really big about 5 years ago though. Now everyone has smart phones.

And i've got no idea where that comment about the internet came from - I've never met a single person in Japan without internet access.
>>
>>343150812
>And now it's that place that still has CRT monitors
How else am I suppose to play Super Smash Bros.™ Melee for the Nintendo® GameCube™
>>
>>343148815
she means that it's hard to let go.

Youre just giving her too many things[
>>
>>343151280
>Youre just giving her too many things
So I'm all she needs?
>>
File: primo-piano-dello-sposo.jpg (57 KB, 625x416) Image search: [Google]
primo-piano-dello-sposo.jpg
57 KB, 625x416
>>343151757
yes, thats why she married an ugly italian dude
all she needs is just someone she can cuddle with at night
>>
>>343151757
yea, you should smile at her and say something
>>
>>343152003
dude looks like a wes anderson film
>>
>>343148815
she simply means that you're easy breezy and she's Japanesey
>>
>>343152176
I laughed.
>>
>>343149336
Hikari and Simple and Clean have slightly different melodies in the chorus.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.