[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone play this? How would you rate it? Just started, the skill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: Path_of_Exile_Logo-1.png (166 KB, 460x300) Image search: [Google]
Path_of_Exile_Logo-1.png
166 KB, 460x300
Anyone play this? How would you rate it? Just started, the skill tree is intimidating as fuck
>>
Played it for a little while, couldn't really get into it. I liked that they tried to do things differently than the typical ARPG, but it got boring rather quickly. Plus I wasn't a fan of the currency system.
>>
>>343145162
Not much do to after the campaign unless you're into the whole hardcore ladder thing and minmaxing, or you love remaking characters.

You WILL be remaking that character, probably several times until you find a build you like.
>>
Really good if you like min-maxing and theorycrafting.
If not, not really.
>>
>>343145162
Personally I'd say it's one of the best of what it does, but I think it depends on what you're really looking for.

If you want end game grinding, build min-maxing, and barter/trade economy, It's good.
>>
I've played it since the close beta in 2012.
It might be fun for new players but the devs severely nerfed the difficulty over time which makes me not want to return to it anymore.
>>
>>343145671
Also tons of speshul snowflake builds and potential for some builds to reach godmode with optimal items.
>>
>>343145897
>getting 1 shoted with 6k hp, enfeeble curse and fortify buff in end game maps
>lowered difficulty
wut?
>>
It would be good if the devs implemented a proper trading system

not even the currency that's the problem, its just that half of the casual players dont wanna set up procurement bullshit or buy premium stash tabs. A lot of people dont even bother with trading, doesnt help that the player base isnt all that big.
>>
>>343145162
this game really helps with my autism. my most played game on steam.
>>
>>343146291
Spotted the shitcrow.
>>
>>343146327
why is spending FIVE FUCKING DOLLARS such a huge deal for you faggots

for a game that you can easily sink hundreds of hours into, you should have zero problem spending a measly 5 dollars
>>
>>343146291
No, endgame is still about the same. It's the progression difficulty that has been nerfed. Chamber of Sins was fucking scary in the early days. I was heart broken when GGG nerfed Malachai after day 2 of the new act, none of the bosses in PoE are threatening anymore.
>>
>>343146797
They are in maps.
The campaign is just a formality nowadays
>>
>>343146739
Never said i had a problem with buying tabs bud, its other people that do and it makes the economy shit. A lot of people play it for the whole, you know, free to play aspect
>>
>>343147121
do you think the "free play aspect" is made for anything else than bringing people into the game to make them buy not free stuff you stupid idiot?
>>
>>343146797
Malachai definitely was/is the hardest storyline boss, but its for all the wrong reasons.

His battle is just a fucking chore because you have to constantly dance around his AoE spam. Its just an easier version of atziri.
>>
>>343146797

>Chambers of Sins

Fuck that place. I hate countering Black Death. Desync + poison damage was annoying to deal with.
>>
>>343147397
No im pretty sure the free play aspect is because the devs were practically unknown and literally no one would have bought their game if it had a full pricetag
>>
>>343147121

PoE is more free to try than free to play. It's too inconvenient to play with 4 stash tabs if you want to play longterm.
>>
Put over 50 hours into it. It's probably the ARPG I like the least. It starts really slow, takes a long ass time for the combat to get decent if not just bearable, I absolutely despise the art, not that big of a fan of the way the mechanics and systems work. I don't think it's a bad game, but I'm not the kind of dude that wants to waste my time leveling up characters to try multiple different builds, figuring out said builds or digging through forums to find the decent stuff.

Call me a casual, but I like D3 a lot more. It's much easier to just jump in, play and have fun, and not feel like a chore for most of the time you're playing it, like PoE does for me.
>>
>>343145162
From that big ass intimidating tree only 2 builds are viable, per character.
>>
hardcore is pretty fun

avoid colossal bonestalkers, they are not your friends
>>
>>343148104
maybe in hc

I play funcore for fun builds like multistrike +faster attacks leapslam and HC for full on flavor of the month tryhard builds
>>
This game is Autism: The Game

The graphics are awful.

The combat is clunky garbage.

The enemies are boring(everything is zombies).

The gameplay consists of just spamming 1 skill.
>>
>Before desync was fixed
3/10
>Now
8/10 best f2p game i know of
>>
File: 296px-Devourer.png (107 KB, 296x287) Image search: [Google]
296px-Devourer.png
107 KB, 296x287
>>343147659
These were a scary encounter as well. Not anymore of course.
>>
>>343148634
this is all true
but dont worry, whenever you try to make any of those points you get called casual shitter by the playerbase

>the graphics dont matter
>the combat gets better later on
>youre just bad
>>
>>343145162

>roll into the newest league
>check out all the fancy new builds
>80k damage!
>ultra boss farmer!
>x! y! z!
>have to start some cheapskate cyclone marauder just to grind out all the chaos I need to make any of the other builds work because everything relies on expensive uniques and shit
>hit level 45 or so on my super expensive kitted-out flavor of the month build
>realize I was having way more fun just wrecking shit as a marauder
>lose desire to play

Every fucking league. Every fucking one.
>>
File: IMG_9126.png (83 KB, 201x240) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9126.png
83 KB, 201x240
>>343149158
>playing on HC orchard for the first time years ago
>5 of these fags popped up simutaneously
>die instantly because i was blocked in by them

worst death to date
>>
>>343149213
Truthfully the thing that makes the game most exciting is hardcore league, which is playing on 1 life only. It is kinda autistic. But the thing i love most is that you have to put so much planning and thought into a character you want to be useable in HC. You can die at any moment and lose your char, its a huge challenge later in the game and you'll die eventually no matter what until you've put unheard of amounts of hours into the game and know it in and out.

Autistic, but a great and challenging time sink
>>
File: ascendancy trials.jpg (767 KB, 2644x1983) Image search: [Google]
ascendancy trials.jpg
767 KB, 2644x1983
>>
>>343147956
this

if you really want a longterm thing, PoE (and you will have to consider dropping some cash at some point for stash tabs most likely).

if you really want a 2 to 4 week ordeal of your arpg, diablo 3. it makes it nice cause by the time you want your arpg fix, next season of d3 is up
>>
>>343150051
All of my first like 5 characters were hardcore, and I got them all up to around 50-70. I had never really played hardcore before, and it was okay, but it felt really cheap when most of my deaths were related to disconnects, desync and lag, which starts to really be a big issue once you hit higher levels. Nowadays I just can't bother with the awful art and combat, even now that is has lower ping for me and they addressed desync, I always try to give the game a shot every time they release a new update, but it's not for me.
>>
>Every weapon/armor piece is just a reskin of about 3 variants of a certain item
>Except for uniques, over half of which are completely useless or only used for leveling xd

other than that pretty solid game
>>
>>343150376

I played HC for three months after open beta launched. I got tired of the same desync BS. Granted I am a crappy player but there were a lot of things PoE needed to improve on. Still had fun while it lasted.
>>
File: 1459235347271.jpg (50 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1459235347271.jpg
50 KB, 500x492
>>343150073
GGG isn't really good at designing, like anything at all. They only exceed in mechanics.
>>
bad platforming game, mario64 is still the king
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.