[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How in the fuck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: Zu.jpg (118 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Zu.jpg
118 KB, 640x480
How in the fuck?
>>
use the time stop item or whatever

i forget the details
>>
Stop him without stopping time!
>>
>>343141570
If that's a screenshot of your game OP, you might want to search for more health upgrades before continuing.
>>
>>343141570
learn the pattern where it lands after doing it's attack

anticipate it, go there do 2-3 hits

>>343141816
you don't HAVE to to use time skip, there is an achievement for doing it without it
>>
>>343142167
yeah but obviously op is a scrub who needs the time skip
>>
I had to google how to find holy grail because I lost patience, fuck that, going back to heal without teleport is like an autism test.
>>
File: 1447099674227.jpg (165 KB, 439x550) Image search: [Google]
1447099674227.jpg
165 KB, 439x550
>>343141816
That's a problem cause I don't have it.

>>343141967
What?

>>343142073
It's not. I'm at 160 max health.

>>343142167
I know it goes opposite vertically and horizontally from where you are every time. The feathers keep fucking my shit up though.
>>
Next time include the following:
- Name of game
- Name of area / boss giving you trouble
- Description of techniques you've tried and outcomes

Maybe if I'm in a good mood I'll respond to THAT OP. This 0 effort shitpost? Nah.
>>
>>343142308

I'm 99% sure this game wasn't meant to be beaten without some actual help from others. I've always felt that this is a game that was meant to be completed by a group of people.

How the FUCK was I suposed to know you could warp down a vase like mario, makes no sense and there is no hint for it.
>>
>>343142447
oh look, the autism brigade is here
>>
this guy gave me alot of trouble too. He's relatively squishy though
>>
a small somewhat related note:

La Mulana's jumping physics is fucked up in a very peculiar way and you need to it's quirks to move around quickly and efficiently

One of the most important things to know is that if you drop off the edge of a platform, you will fall vertically down and you won't have any control through duration of the fall

so always jump off the platforms

this also helps when doing the challenge when you need to run through corridor of time in 19 seconds (without going through the wall)
>>
>>343142469
Take a knee, anon.
>>
>>343142469
There is a hint, but it's really cryptic and I don't know how many people interpret it that way.
>>
>>343142390
>The feathers keep fucking my shit up though.
A trick that will thoroughly break the game:
use caltrops to harm yourself
once you're blinking -- nothing can harm you

you can also find a combination of software that makes blinking longer -- making caltrops even more OP

Or you can you just you know -- dodge feathers. Again -- learn patterns
>>
>>343142469

Remember bended knee? I actually tried the correct solution at the right place but it didnt work cause i was off center from it by a bit so naturally, i move onto the next possiblility. Was pretty mad when i had to look it up finally.
>>
I remember going and doing other stuff while trying to find the time stop item, getting back to this boss, realizing too late I already used it and didn't charge it, and then just axe'ing his shit in while taking minimum damage.
How's La Mulana 2 coming? I'm hoping they release EX for PC at the same time it comes out.
>>
>>343142916

I'm not that guy but, I remember playing and finishing this game like a year ago, doesn't that stupid fucking bird just straight up pause time so you can't dodge the feathers? I don't even remember how I beat him, I just remember dying a ton. Maybe gunned him down.
>>
>>343142469
>>343142796
i also raged when i looked up the solution for that one

the hint in question here was something about investigating a pot that one of the giants is pointing at

i found the pot and tried to do all things imaginable to it EXCEPT of course diving into it
>>
become DIO
>>
>>343143131
ah yes

but feathers lock-on to your position in different moment than when timestop happens so if you move fast -- feathers will miss you
>>
>>343143020

I'm excited because my experience with this new game will be less painfull that with the first.

>play la mulana for the first time knowing nothing about it
>get halfway into the game
>realize that the hints are across the fucking world
>didn't memorize all of them
>know I read a hint about the puzzle im solving, but I can't remember where
>give up and end up looking up a bunch of stuff

This time I'm gonna make sure to play this game full autist mode taking notes of everything.
>>
>>343142469
I fucking felt like the greatest genius once I actually figured that puzzle out. Was one of the last ones I figured out without a guide though.

fucking no hints to that door opening after defeating Viy.
>>
>>343142469
I'm actually proud with myself that I've gotten so far without using a guide.
I have a funny feeling it won't last forever though.

>>343143020
I don't even have the goddamn axe. I still have the shitty whip and knife. I have the first two seals and I'm still running out of options.

>>343143135
Hold the fuck up, I remember that pot. I remember that pointing statue. I have the dive into a pot chievo in the so close part of the Steam overlay. I had the idea the thing was pointing for a reason.
I've probably come across the knee clue I guess? But how do you get dive into pot from knee?

Well, there goes beating it without straight up solutions. Then again, I wouldn't have guessed to even try to do that shit.
>>
>>343143776
>But how do you get dive into pot from knee?

It says to take a knee, so the only way to do that would be to try and press down.
>>
>>343143408
Or they could design it properly and add a journal.
>>
>>343143776
>I've probably come across the knee clue I guess?
"Take the knee" is a hint to completely different puzzle in Garden of Eden/Illusion

i think it is even located very near to the the puzzle itself

It's the one where you have to press down and you will climb down by ladder which is otherwise invisible
>>
>>343144168
there is also a skeleton there where you also have to press down near him to place a weight on it
>>
>not beating the game with starting health and no upgrades
>>
>>343144353
here's a(you) now fuck off
>>
>>343144056
Woooooooooow.

>>343144168
I haven't made it past the walls in Eden though. I don't really know if the only way in is through Vagina Temple.
If I'm supposed to be able to make it in at this point, then I don't know how. If I'm not, then I wasn't supposed to get that hint yet.

In all honesty, I don't know if killing birdman will get me any reward. All I know is I'm stuck otherwise.
The seal I got on the village waterfall didn't help much, and shoving the water to the Sun Temple just sent me to a dark place I have no way of lighting up yet.
>>
>>343145464
>a dark place I have no way of lighting up yet.
a weapon that lights up that place is one of the firsts you get

look over your inventory
>>
>>343145960
Uh
The flare gun?
>>
>>343146186

the whip
>>
>>343147568
Joke's on you, Mulbruk already told me about going to the Chamber of Birth which will change something in some other chamber.
Now I just gotta find out where those rooms are.
>>
>>343141816

TOKEO WO TOMEI
>>
Very few of the 'puzzles' in La Mulana are hard to figure out if you keep any sort of notes of the tablets you read.
Almost everything is explained to your face, sometimes cryptically. It's just the answer is usually on the other side of the ruins. Just jot down a quick note when you don't know what a tablet is talking about, hell the game gives you a way to record the notes.
>>
>>343149323
Gee man, I don't think any tablet helps me kill mr feathers here.
That ain't good.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.