[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everytime I log off or switch account steam asks me for a steam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: steamguard.jpg (61 KB, 620x656) Image search: [Google]
steamguard.jpg
61 KB, 620x656
Everytime I log off or switch account steam asks me for a steam guard code when i log in again, is there a way to disable this without turning off mobile authenticator ?
>>
would that not defeat the purpose of an authenticator, senpai?
>>
>>343136669
When I used the email authenticator , steam asked me for a code once after than i didn't need to log in to my email for code unless i log in from a new device, but with the mobile authenticator it asks me to enter a code everytime i log in even from the same pc.
>>
>>343137086
Cause that's how mobile authenticators work. They require authentication EACH TIME you log in.
Its useful if A) you share your PC and don't want other fucking with your shit, or B) you don't want people online fucking with your shit.
>>
>>343136376
The only thing this fucking garbage those is annoy the fuck out of me.
Every time I try to log in throughout the browser to the store, since the Steam launcher's browser is absolute garbage, it asks me for that goddamn code.
Seriously, what for?
>>
File: bee.jpg (129 KB, 1876x982) Image search: [Google]
bee.jpg
129 KB, 1876x982
>>343136376
ITT is there any way to make the mobile authenticator redundant by taking away one of it's main features
>>
>>343138261
>features

BOY, I SURE FUCKING LOVE HAVING TO SWITCH TO MY MOBILE EVERYTIME I WANT TO SELL A CARD FOR 0.05. GOD FORBID I HAVE MORE THAN ONE FUCKING ITEM ON THEIR SHIT APP TO LOAD, BECAUSE THAT'S A GOOD 20 MINUTES TO LOAD UP.

AND THEN I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 30 FOR THE CODE TO SHOW-UP JUST TO LOGIN TO MY FUCKING ACCOUNT ALL BECAUSE SOME DUMB RETARD GOT A $2 CS:GO SKIN SCAMMED AWAY FROM HIM.

Valve are the most autistic, fucking retarded company.
>>
>>343139736
then take it off and deal with having an unsafe account
>>
File: gma.jpg (75 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
gma.jpg
75 KB, 400x300
>>343139736
Whilst I agree having to confirm putting something up on the marketplace is retarded. I do have to say if the app takes 20 minutes to load for you, you might want to think about purchasing a new phone
>>
>>343139887
not that anon, but weren't steam accounts already safe with the steamguard/email shenanigans
this is just going overboard
>>
>>343140170
having an account connected to your email isn't safe at all
if someone gets into your email, then they have all the information they could possibly want about you
then its just a matter of time until they get into your actual accounts connected to that email without you even realizing they're there

I have an authentication for my email and for every important account that uses it, that way it's nearly impossible to crack into my collection of shit
>>
File: 1461025615084.png (1 MB, 590x797) Image search: [Google]
1461025615084.png
1 MB, 590x797
>>343139736
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=581563653

Use winauth then.
>>
>>343140542
Until someone steals your number
>>
>2016
>Valve still doesn't display prices in the correct currency for most countries on Earth
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.