[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why no one discussing this? Dragon Ball Online came back online
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: image-e1388796054519.jpg (101 KB, 608x456) Image search: [Google]
image-e1388796054519.jpg
101 KB, 608x456
Why no one discussing this?

Dragon Ball Online came back online

it's on pre-open beta
>>
Because it sucked
>>
>>343125410
You mean the unofficial english servers? Or are they actually bringing back DBO?
>>
>>343125525

I dont know, accidentally i saw it came back

http://dboglobal.com/
>>
How come I never heard about this? Is it good?
>>
>>343125846

i dont know, im downloading right now to test, do the same faggot
>>
>unironically watching DBZ past the age of 12
>>
>>343127015

>unironically beign elitist about chinese cartoons
>>
It's good but still missing stuff because it is pre beta, plus your character won't carry over to the beta.

The Spanish people are pissing me off though, vocal minority filling the trade chat up with garbage chatter already
>>
>>343125410
Is it still only going to be in Korea?
>>
How does it play, if it's the usual mmo combat I'll stick to xenoverse
>>
>>343129242
How unfortunate for you that spics and niggers make up the majority of the DBZ fanbase.
>>
>>343129242

im trying to play DBO, i can launch the game well, but after a few seconds it just closes without a crash report or anything, can't find anything about it on the forums
>>
File: long live the king.png (2 MB, 1183x1020) Image search: [Google]
long live the king.png
2 MB, 1183x1020
does this mean the king shall return?
>>343125846
it's a complete grind fest. Everything is pretty alright up until level 20 but then you need to grind to level 30 in order to unlock your secondary skill tree
then everybody stopped playing once they capped out to level 50 because of the main story missions being released in updates that were so far apart, people would log on once a month to play the new mission an then not touch it the rest of the time.
>>
Is this official or not? If it's a private server there's no point getting excited, it'll get taken down within the month.

>>343129953
Their website says 0 players online.
>>
>>343125410
I thought DBO was repurposed into Xenoverse?
>>
>>343125410
>it's on pre-open beta

speak straight you fucking shill
>>
>>343125410

No one fucking played it the first time

why the fuck would they do now when Super is
complete shit?
>>
>http://dboglobal.com/
It's a scam. It's unofficial, they're trying to profit from it, it's going to get nuked as soon as it catches Bamco's attention.
Also the installer is loaded with trojans.

DBO Revelations is a non-profit private server in the works, but it's deader than dead at this point. Hasn't been any notable update in months.
>>
>>343129650
standard stiff MMO stuff, there is a dash mechanic for movement and the ability to power up which increases your crit percentage but the fighting still amounts to standing in one spot and whaling on something with an auto attack while you wait for your abilities to cool down.

the worst part about it was the absolute worst cash shop ever in history
>can buy mounts in the form of scooters to travel around quickly
>can't actually own, you can only rent them
>need to renew your rental every 3 days
>need to buy fuel as well to make your rented scooter even work
>constantly paying for more fuel and renewed rentals
>>
I hope this is actually happening but is this just one of those scam private servers?
>>
It's a private server and it's work in progress aka buggy
>>
>>343125410
Because it's a fucking trash MMO with only 2 good things about it: the opening movie and female majins.
>>
>>343130807
Wow, I thought GW2's fast travel system was bullshit, but that's even worse.
>>
>>343125846
>>343130186
Didn't it not release in the west though?
>>
>>343130497
Because super is selling like great shit so they figure they might be able to cash in on the shit-eating crowd.
>>
>>343130943
>is this just one of those scam private servers?
Yep. They're just riding people's nostalgia to grab as much cash as possible before they get shut down. They're not even translating the game; they're just putting it back up as it was, cash shop and all.
The other private server out there may not be playable to the public yet, but at least they're translating the game and have plans to change some of the shittier aspects (excessive grind).
>>
>>343131503
it was supposed to but they launched in korea, then taiwan, buy the time it finally launched in japan the user base was so small because of the lack of end game content and it fizzled out.

people in the west just stole korean social security numbers and played on the korean server, a bunch of us translated the game and released it as a script people could just mod with
>>
>>343130807
>the fighting still amounts to standing in one spot and whaling on something with an auto attack while you wait for your abilities to cool down.
fuck that, that's the kind of gameplay I hate the most on online games
>>
>>343132801
>because of the lack of end game content
And because they kept changing systems making previously bought cash shop items worthless.

>a bunch of us translated the game and released it as a script people could just mod with
The translation patch barely scratched the game; not even all the tutorial shit was translated. The only reason it was useful was because it changed monster/NPC names from moonrunes to their codes from the database so it was easy for people who couldn't read chink to tell them apart.
>>
Wait, when did this come to America?
>>
File: 1403481033570.jpg (18 KB, 347x260) Image search: [Google]
1403481033570.jpg
18 KB, 347x260
>>343133534
>>
>>343133534
Never.
>>
now that we have XV we don't need dbo
>>
>>343133235
the difficulty with translating was because a lot of it was written on textures, not text based
>>
>>343133925
In DBO your hair spiked up when you went Super Saiyan
>>
>>343134240
shitty mmo gameplay kills it
>>
>>343134240
You could also only go Super Saiyan once every hour.
>>
>>343134431
You try turning blonde and super stronk twice in one hour, see how easy it is.
>>
>>343134431
How big of a buff was super saiyan in DBO? How long did it last?
>>
>>343134514
Steroids and hair dye motherfucker
>>
>>343134514
Pretty much everyone in DB could do it at will once they figured out how to do it.
>>
File: dragon ball Z BT3.gif (1023 KB, 297x168) Image search: [Google]
dragon ball Z BT3.gif
1023 KB, 297x168
Is Xenoverse worth buying in the steam sale? I heard that it's a pain in the ass to actually group with friends. I really liked BT2 and 3.
>>
it's a really shitty and grindy korean MMO, who gives a shit?
>>
>>343134652
+50% attack and speed
EP +100%
Cost 210 EP every 2 seconds to keep it up.
When you can first get it, this means you get about 40 seconds of time, assuming you don't keep spending items to refill your EP.
>>
>>343134652
kaioken was better because it was stackable
>>
>>343135571
its ok
if you're into coop its good since you can grind shit with your friends
however you still have to do the main story alone
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.