[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's have a horror game thread. The more obscure and unknown,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: dagon.jpg (107 KB, 847x695) Image search: [Google]
dagon.jpg
107 KB, 847x695
Let's have a horror game thread. The more obscure and unknown, the better.

When is that remake of White Day coming to PC?
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160330214730.jpg (236 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160330214730.jpg
236 KB, 1920x1080
>>343123119
Any news on the lovecraftian game thats supposed to be in the works?
>>
File: 2011-06-30_00167.jpg (218 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
2011-06-30_00167.jpg
218 KB, 1280x960
I'm pretty sure this game was played by like 10 people worldwide, the graphics was shit even when the game came out and the animations are literally on the same tier as first Quake

BUT

it did good job at audio which in horror games is one of the most important factors and it's one of the few cases where random enemy spawns are a good thing the atmosphere was heavy as fuck despite not having any edge
>>
>>343124984

well what game is it anon
>>
>>343124984
Nosferatu is one of my favorite FPS games. One of the most stressful and scary-ass games I played back in '05.

Highly underrated. It should be like two bucks on steam right now. None of you motherfuckers have any excuse.
>>
>>343125110
Pleb doesn't deserve to know it go play FNAF or Slender instead.
>>
>>343125110
image search says Nosferatu The Wrath of Malachi
>>
>>343125405

this is why only 10 people played your game
>>
File: 1450326797513.jpg (32 KB, 540x543) Image search: [Google]
1450326797513.jpg
32 KB, 540x543
Is Outlast worth playing? I'm kind of turned off by the fact that all you do is run away from things.
>>
Guys do you know Five Nights at Freddy's? It's not really known but it's epic! I saw Pewdiepie play it and almost pissed myself ;_;
>dark corridor
>le cute looking but murderous plushie appears and screams
>u die in kill

amazing game and original concept as well 10/10 I wish it had some guns like in my favourite game COD: Ghosts though
>>
>>343126179

thats really all you do, and there's no challenge because every area is circular so you can just run around any enemies

on the reverse side, it has a pretty good atmosphere

get it if its cheap
>>
>>343126179
Worth pirating.
>>
>>343126273
I wish it had timmy from my science class on Tuesday, so I could shot his head off and then Sarah would like me!!! Fuck you timmy!
>>
>>343126179
It's a simple roller coaster of jump scares, squeezing through things, moving boxes and running away.

If you want something similar to it but better go for Alien: Isolation.
>>
>>343126273
This anon obviously does not remember the first few nights it was released as everybody was pissing themselves with fear.
>>
>>343126996
That's how it went like in your elementary school, Billy?
>>
apparently a demo's up for the new System Shock, anyone try it?
>>
>>343126273
I wish Five Nights didn't end up the way it did. It was just supposed to be something niche. I liked its pre-rendered 3D looking graphics that were reminiscent of 90s 3D graphics, an uncanny valley that could actually offer something scary.

Then I find out it's just a mostly static screen with screeching jump scares. Oh well, it's still a neat concept.

Then youtube got a hold of it and made the creator rich.
>>
deep sea thread?
>>
I'm gonna get hated out of the thread, but I like Doom 3 as a horror game. Sure the *teleports behind you* enemies get tiresome, but the atmosphere is spot on. I love the messages you find in people's pdas from around the time everything started to get fucked up at the base.
>>
>>343127105
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock

you can download it from gog or steam.
>>
>>343124925
There's at least two in the works but there are no news, since they're all pretty early in development, why don't you go beg for early access so you can shit on it later?
>>
>>343127098
Ignorance doesn't suit you anon, here let me get it for you.

The very first threads everybody could admit that the game at least had a great atmosphere for horror and despair since you're rooted in place and are forced to wait for the damn things to come to you. They could also admit that the formula of using jumpscares as punishment was acceptable at least but everybody knew that it was obvious streamerbait and the moment that one of the big 'horror' youtubers latched onto it the community would become far too cancerous to remain with. And so all the sensible people let the threads die after a few weeks and never visited /vg/'s cancer and had fond memories. The End.
At least until the 5 fucking sequels were made, goddamn Scott never gonna see Souldozer again.
>>
File: 1455677001234.jpg (25 KB, 240x251) Image search: [Google]
1455677001234.jpg
25 KB, 240x251
>>343127409
>mfw finding the PDA with an entry written by a demon
>>
>>343123119
Speaking of horror games, are there any decent ones that are actual horror instead of cheap gag horror?

I've only played a handful but they've all been shit that just rely on dark/quiet and then some bullshit jumps out and makes a loud noise. Like great for a quick scare I guess but its not really good horror.
>>
>>343127409
I'm with you anon. I replay it probably once a year.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.