[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix the Zenyatta? Transcendence mode: no adjustments
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 15
File: zenyatta-gameplay.jpg (54 KB, 700x396) Image search: [Google]
zenyatta-gameplay.jpg
54 KB, 700x396
How do we fix the Zenyatta?

Transcendence mode: no adjustments to amount of health or movement
>>
>>343106950
200 health, maybe some armour?
>>
>>343106950
buff Winston
>>
Don't slow him down while attacking

E applies to himself but only 25% dmg boost

Add an indicator when someone is debuffed

You can use both spheres at the same time
>>
>>343106950
zenyatta is fucked, he has to be out in the open because he needs to look at people in order to keep his orbs on them

yet he also has a huge hitbox, no health, and no escape methods

he's fucked
>>
>>343106950
>No adjustments to health
That's the only way to fix him without a complete rework. His biggest issue is being bodyshot by widowmaker.
>>
make him not remove the support thingy on the right so people dont think that he can soloheal the team. Same with symmerta.
>>
being able to have 2 orbs up at once
>>
>>343107531
do you even play the game or are you just regurgitating shit youve heard from some other faggot?
>>
>>343106950
let him charge his alt fire indefinitely

let him cast orbs while charging

fixed.
>>
Allow him to choose between the two orbs. Either two healing orbs or two discord orbs at one time(or one of each as it is now). Also make it so that the orbs simply move to the next person instead of throwing a new orb every time if the distance between the targets is less than the distance between zen and the new target.

>>343107531
He's not bodyshot anymore
>>
>>343107297
Have you ever played Zenyatta?
>>
Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking with Zenyattas ult? Literally zero synergy, especially since they removed LoS on his orbs. I feel like blizzard is too fucking proud to fix him.
>>
>>343107531

Or just give him more speed, or make his levitating movement be an asset in some cases, like making him invulnerable vs junkrat traps. Right now he is a situational pick for attacking team, when defenders have too many tanks or other characters punished by discord orb but thats pretty much it. He's pretty bad in defence unless theres multiple roadhogs in the attacking team. Zen shuts down Roadhog pretty well, even up to a point a good Zen can 1v1 good Roadhog and win 50/50.
>>
He can put out a second healing orb and when he has two orbs out, each orb does 40% less healing.
>>
Orb of Harmony now makes outgoing damage heal the target
Orb of Discord now makes incoming damage heal the attacker
>>343107297
nigga do you even
>>343107713
the entire offense, defense, tank, and support category set up is bogus anyway
>>343108110
Transcendence now changes the entire enemy team into Zenyatta with 0% ult
>>343108232
>like making him invulnerable vs junkrat traps
Seriously this is the biggest bullshit.
>>
File: 2015-04-26_00001.jpg (2 MB, 2988x2251) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-26_00001.jpg
2 MB, 2988x2251
He's going to be a mainstay in a lot of teams I think. He does very well in the bubble and can drop enemies faster than anyone really. The fact that he gets a healing orb on top of it, is sort of nice.

Thing is, he's not a healer carry. He's a damage carry. So if you go in with just zenyatta, and say, winston and widow, you're going to eat shit because there is nothing there to distract from Zenyatta. But when you have Mercy/Reinhardt you can just knock teams over. And the hitbox projectile gimmick applies to Zenyatta, in addition to his projectile balls being fast.

If you want to give him a buff make him immune to steel trap and silence his attacks giving him stealth. Without sound cues, a good zenyatta could maybe ambush a group of 3 tops.
>>
File: 1462673980111.jpg (104 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1462673980111.jpg
104 KB, 640x480
Let the whole team see the discord orb marker. Hanzo can reveal entire teams, why shouldn't a support display one?

Increase movement speed during Transcendence.
>>343107926
This is good too.
>>
>>343108382

My guess is balancing him to be a good offensive support was intentional, since Symmetra is the exact opposite of that. So you can choose from 2 all-rounders, or 2 supports that do one thing even better than the all-rounders.
>>
he does up to 337.5 dps (debuff + headshots) at any range and 60% of the healing of mercy.

any drastic buff is going to break him right in half. About all they can really do to "make him better" is extend the amount of time his orbs stay on before falling off of a target that has broken los, though completely removing the los check from the harmony orb would make me really happy.
>>
>>343106950
Give his charged blast a full frontal shield.
>>
>>343108332
>the entire offense, defense, tank, and support category set up is bogus anyway
yes but most people seem to live with it and if they see a support they assume its gonna keep them all alive. Not only is the heal rate too bad to keep a team going, the travel speed of the orb means you only heal half the time with the thing since you have to swap it to others
>>
Just make him move faster.

That's literally all he needs.

Mercy and Lucio have great movmentent options.

Zen has none.
>>
>>343108705
the other problem right now is just how much more useful lucio and mercy are as healers. Good teams are taking either 2 of them or 1 of each to stay competitive. Lucio's combination of speed burst and aoe healing, along with his own mobility and being hard to kill when combined with Mercy's Ult make teams have ridiculous staying power. No point in taking a slot up with Zen or Symmetra when you're always better off with Lucio/Mercy
>>
300 HP with 200 shields, because omnic

Can cast an infinite amount of healing/discord orbs but they timeout if not in LoS

Left click Orbs stun

Alt orb stacking does 500 damage on full charge

Every 5 seconds an orb deflects 1 attack.

Transcendence also forces all opponents on the map to sit down into a sitting position emote which lasts 30 seconds.
During this time, your teammates may hug the opponents, or alternatively execute them on the ground at the cost of giving your SOUL to REAPER.
>>
>>343106950
make enemies in range of transcendence take increased damage, like with discord orb. maybe not at full discord orb power, or maybe the amount of extra damage is based on the amount of healing done, but the general idea is there
>>
>>343108738
debuff is an obvious indicator you are gonna get fucked up. Any person still standing in the open after getting the debuff is someone who can melt the 150 hp of zen before he can hurt them.

>LOS check from harmony orb removed
yeah that had that before and it was just insane on assassins who could not get harrassed down.

The orb also has travel time so the 60% of mercy is a lot less in practice
>>
File: 1431219507362.png (119 KB, 318x307) Image search: [Google]
1431219507362.png
119 KB, 318x307
>Wanting to fix Zen
>Not wanting to knock the 50 hp off Reaper
>Not wanting to give spread and windup to bastionoob
>Not wanting to buff Winston

==Holy shit do you guys even play Overwatch?==
>>
Two things, make transcendence have an outer circle area that amplifies the damage enemies take while standing in it.
Make it so the orbs last longer when out of sight, or at least the healing orb.
>>
>>343109256
>Winston needing buffs
You're an idiot
>Bastion needing nerfs
Then he'd be shit in competitive and every regular match.
Bastion needs a fucking rework.
>>
>>343106950
Oingo Boingo sure got fucked in the westernization.
>>
increase range of orbs

increase healing rate of orbs
>>
>>343109634
>Bastion needs a fucking rework.
Jesus fucking christ you people are so knee jerky. Every time i come past one of these threads you guys give the worst opinions for balance of all time.

This game is fresh as fuck and the meta hasnt settled yet, and you're all twitch reacting to everything. Give it a minute faggots.
>>
File: 1415309560519.png (132 KB, 366x278) Image search: [Google]
1415309560519.png
132 KB, 366x278
>>343110025
>Twitch reacting
Bastion has been a problem since beta
He's only effective against people who cant coordinate, and by "effective" I mean he destroys them.
Meanwhile he crumples up and dies 100 times over against coordination.
The way he works is flawed.
>>
File: 1231380493075.jpg (17 KB, 283x420) Image search: [Google]
1231380493075.jpg
17 KB, 283x420
>>343109634
>competitive
>>
>>343106950
Ult range goes from 10m to 30m no need for los on it.
He moves faster wen ulting.
Enemies inside his ult get a 35% damage debuff.
Ult charges 20% faster.

Hp is now 175 split into 25 armor and 150 shields.

Has a floaty double jump.

Harmony now has a small aoe healing aura around its target and last 5 seconds outside los.
>>
>>343110536
They're adding ranked mode anon.
>>
Doesnt fit the theme of the hero but make his ult negative regen against the enemies and no heal on his own team, like a debuffer he is.
>>
File: 1465541259199.jpg (11 KB, 231x298) Image search: [Google]
1465541259199.jpg
11 KB, 231x298
>>343109160
jesus
>>
>>343110862
also remove his heal. nerf his debuff from 50% to 25%. change his heal to 25% damage boost on allies.
>>
>>343108110
>That feeling wen you use Zen's ult but Junkrat just kills everyone in it anyways.

I hate everything.
>>
>>343106950
Remove Orb of Discord and apply it in a different manner.

Any enemy hit with the primary attack Orb of Destruction suffers a short lived Discord effect (a few seconds), allowing followup attacks during that time to deal bonus damage. Multiple enemies can be under the influence of Discord at the same time and the Discord effect is renewed if the same person is hit again.

Anyone under the effect of Discord is marked with the Discord HUD symbol for the entire allied team. Twofold effect of being a pseudo wallhack like Hanzo/Widow, and a marker telling the team to focus fire.

With the E key freed up, give Zenyatta a mobility option. A short range teleport that blinks Zenyatta forwards in the direction of his facing. Let him get some Dhalsim style.
>>
>>343106950
Increase Orb of Harmony healing from 30hp/s to 40hp/s.
Increase Orb of Harmony activity from 3 seconds to 5 seconds when out of LoS.
Increase Zenyatta's movement speed by 10% while Orb of Harmony is active.
Debuff enemy's attack power by 10% while they are under the effect of Orb of Discord

While we're at it

Mercy
Increase healing from 50hp/s to 60hp/s
Decrease Mercy Ult charge rate by 25%

McCree
Increase Fan the Hammer fire rate by 20%

Torbjorn
Decrease turret level up time from 5 hammer swings to 4 hammer swings
Torbjorn spawns with an Armor Pack already equipped

Hanzo also needs something, as he's still just a discount Widowmaker

Feel free to ignore any or all of these if you don't happen to agree with them.
>>
>>343108382
>He's going to be a mainstay in a lot of teams I think.

Nigger do you even competitive?
Just today someone tried to use him in one of the big games and had to immediately switch to Lucio to get in line with the standard Lucio+Mercy meta.

The only new thing in the meta is that Reaper is now getting more use because McCree is no longer taking his job.
>>
>>343109048
Symmetra/Mercy gets some play on defense.
>>
Healing orbs get to their target a bit faster?
>>
Zenyatta is not a healer.

He's a fucking dps/debuffer with weak heals.
>>
>>343111767
>Hanzo also needs something, as he's still just a discount Widowmaker
A passive to see enemies through walls within 5m radius as long as the said enemy is moving.
>>
>>343111767
I think Torb needs to have his turret cooldown start when his turret gets destroyed.

It punishes bad play and helps prevent 6 torb fuckfests.
>>
My personal suggestions, not necessarily everything, but some combination of the following:

Allow two orbs of Harmony instead of just one

Show Orb of discord debuff through walls for your entire team, not just for yourself

When Orb of Harmony and Orb of Discord are both on targets, give Zenyatta a movement speed buff

Make his right click an AoE attack, potentially still with the charge time

I'm definitely not saying to do all of these, but I think any one of these things would make him a much stronger pick for a team, particularly the Discord orb buff.
>>
>>343111767

Would hanzo be broken if he could double jump like genji? Let him flank even easier and play more offensive.
>>
I would be happy if they just boosted his speed. Make him the same speed as speed-boost Lucio.
>>
as a zen main here is what is needed

faster rate of fire

able to use harmony/discord at anytime (when right clicking charge, at the same time, when firing

movement speed a bit faster

>>343112692

>Allow two orbs of Harmony instead of just one

I like this
>>
Zenyatta doesn't need to be fixed.
He's till a fucking insane character even with all the nerfs. Discord orb is god damn crazy.
>>
File: fcd[1].png (84 KB, 540x397) Image search: [Google]
fcd[1].png
84 KB, 540x397
>Discord indicates enemy position to entire team
>Harmony gives healed player an indicator on their screen like Mercy's heal and warns them if they break sight

It too often feels like Zenyatta has to look out for himself and nobody notices him. You can't tell anybody you discorded someone so you have to take care of it yourself and you constantly have to chase down dumbass teammates who break sight.
>>
Holy shit I didn't know that you can have only one active harmony / discord orb active at one time. I've been spamming them.
>>
>>343106950

I liked the idea some guy had to replace his right click with a mobility spell of some sort. Honestly I just don't like Zenyatta's right click at all- it deals less damage per orb than his left click, it's VERY situational and is basically only good versus turrets, bastions, and very situational times like when you have Widow's ult on your team and know someone is hiding in a room. Basically, unless you have it fully charged, accurate shots with left click will basically out-DPS it anyways.

I'm not sure how they can make him more viable without giving him more Health or mobility- it's really at the core of his problems.

Honestly though I think he's pretty solid now that I've been playing him more. His damage is really good, and his ult can be great if your team isn't retarded. God, I hate Reinhardt players who keep their shield up when I'm ulting and they could just run around whacking people with their hammer.
>>
>>343106950
>tfw can't look at this without seeing the fucking emojis
>>
>>343106950
give him an ability to go through walls, like double tap spacebar and he can pass through one wall, with a cooldown of course
>>
>>343108110

I always thought it was some kind of super healing to counter damages over time... but then I tried to save people right in Hanzo's ult and they still died. How the fuck are you supposed to use his ult ?
>>
>>343112848

As a Zen player I have to say what pisses me off the most is how you can't use orbs while reloading without cancelling the reload completely... you'll start reloading, see someone at low health and wait for the reload to finish unless they look like they're really about to die, it's annoying.
>>
TWO HEALING ORBS!

Probably slight nerf to the healing of each, but as i recall from the times i've played him even with really good uptime it's like 4-5k at max so 2 really shouldn't push him too far into broken levels.
>>
>>343113618

I don't like the idea of 2 orbs.

Rather: Make it so when you drop healing orb on someone, it heals them to full before it returns to you due to not being in line of sight.
>>
File: 1422868068241.jpg (130 KB, 419x429) Image search: [Google]
1422868068241.jpg
130 KB, 419x429
>>343109160
I fully support these changes
>>
I think Blizzard had the idea that his shields (which can regenerate over time after not taking tamage for a short period of time) would negate the penalty of his low health pool. However, because he has to be in the open to use his abilities to their full potential and his lack of mobility, he cann't move out of the enemies' line of fire fast enough to regenerate his health unless there is a good tank in front of him. Soooo, maybe he could be a bit faster.
>>
>>343113503
or charging ur orbs and u see the enemy team so send my orbs and take about 3/4 of damage. they turn around and sneeze on me and I die. lemme fucking discord them!
>>
>>343112801
>Make him the same speed as speed-boost Lucio.

You know we're never going to get hyper speed zen.
>>
>Heal orb doesn't return after 3 seconds
>Discord orb does
>Replace 50 shield with 50 armor for that perfect balance.

Fixed
>>
>>343106950
when you hold down right click a small barrier appears in front of you that absorbs a single shot.
>>
He's fine as he is.

The reason most people think he's a crappy healer is because people don't use transcendence heal liberally as it has a short cooldown and save it for situations where it won't do shit. (i.e junkrat ult)

His damage output and orb of discord are perfectly fine if not borderline too strong.
>>
>>343114038
oh yea, it's only at the LAST 1 second of the charge.
this is important to not make it gay.
>>
Rework it entirely. All enemies and allies have discord and harmony orbs for a period of time
>>
>>343112419

With that logic nobody but Mercy is a healer
>>
>>343111767
Hell, in regards to all the healers, I think all three of them should get something similar to Lucio's passive healing aura because that shit is too good reaching out 40 fucking meters.

Instead of 40/s healing, Zenyatta's Harmony could stay at 30/s healing to his Harmony target, but also granting an additional 10/s healing aura around that hero. That'd give him a unique edge in being able to deal remote healing around corners by proxy of the target hero.

And Mercy projects a 10/s aura as long as she has her staff out. That could give more incentive to making use of Damage Boost instead of fearfully switching back to healing as soon as her target takes a hit, and it would always ensure that the rest of the team isn't "completely" ignored by Mercy who can sometimes get overwhelmed or unable to target the one in need if everyone is bunched up.

Also for Torbjorn, he should start with 200 Scrap on the first spawn so he can armor up the team during the Setup, and a minimum of 50 Scrap on consecutive respawns (so he can choose to armor himself or give it to someone else who could use it better). Or just drop the Scrap mechanic and give it a simple cooldown.

>>343112671
Also this. Keep the 8 second cooldown on placement so he has to wait to place it again, but if it's destroyed, he incurs another slightly shorter cooldown. This would require him to be more attentive, if he's quick he can drop another turret before the current one is taken out, but if it breaks, he's denied a Turret for a few seconds.
>>
>>343113884

Yeah there's no synergy between your right click and your Discord orb, is there? You'd have to discord them first, then charge up fully- which never happens. Even if you mash Discord right after your right click flies you wont get the bonus, it's stupid.

That's why I'm almost always using left click, you have much more flexibility to throw both your orbs around.
>>
Make it so Zenyatta gets the healing orb's benefit if he doesn't have it deployed on anyone

bam, problem solved
>>
>>343113462
Thing is his ult is super small its only 10m Lucio's ult is 30m and can save people from burst damage Zen for one can't save a team from a Junkrat tire or Bastion.
>>
>>343114038

I don't think Blizzard would implement something like this realistically. It's too convoluted of a change, they will probably implement something more self explanatory and simply
>>
>>343114451
Maybe.

Harmony will only heal him if the orb is currently not deployed and he's missing HEALTH, not just shield.
>>
>>343106950
where can i pirate this?
>>
>>343114663
ask one of your dads
>>
>>343114754
but he only has moms
>>
>>343114828
He'll have to ask one of his mom's daughters then.
>>
actual, non retarded changes here.

>orb of discord waypoint is now visible by teammates
>+25 shield
>orb of harmony now increases to 50hp/s if the target has not been damaged for three seconds
>alternate fire now charges 20% faster
>transcendence greatly increased in range but falls healing power based on range, and requires line of sight.

There. Some survivablity, right click is not quite so total garbage, he can refill his teams health easier but not any stronger at it in combat, and the ult remains just as effective as before but not quite so situational at the cost of cheesy through walls sillyness
>>
>>343107293
The landing on his L-shift needs to deal damage equal to a Rein's melee in a small area around the impact point. It's a fucking gorilla in armor slamming into you/the ground but does next to no damage, it's pretty dumb.
>>
>nerf mercy
>make his alternate fire actually useful
>nerf mercy
>buff his ult gain rate
>nerf mercy

If all else fails
>improve his survivability with hp or speed

Mercy outclasses him as a all around as a better support with her mobility, better heals and best ult in the game. Zen is a useless sack of shit compared to what any mercy can put out and i have a 70% win rate with zen.
>>
increase heal by 25% for orb of harmony

discord orb deals 50 damage dot over 5 seconds, stops when its no longer on an enemy, not amplified by debuff

make alt fire actually worth using, either increase charge speed or let the orbs be held on to for longer
>>
Orb of Harmony heals Zenyetta every time it heals an ally. Doesn't heal if the ally is already at full health.

Orb of Discord decreases damage taken by Zenyatta by 50%.

Increase damage on Orb Volley to 45 per orb, same as his primary.

Orb of Harmony and Discord stay up as long as they're in line of sight of each other, even if they're out of sight of Zenyatta. 3 second rule still applies.
>>
>>343106950
>Transcendence mode: no adjustments to amount of health or movement
More shields :^)
>>
File: catsharkduckshit.gif (2 MB, 340x212) Image search: [Google]
catsharkduckshit.gif
2 MB, 340x212
>Make his jump a levitate like Pharah. Allows him to position and see his teammates on the high ground so he can actually fucking heal them. Also gives him an escape option that's slow enough to not be broken but can get him out of trouble.

>Allow more than one healing orb out and reduce the healing rate based on that limit. Zen can have an orb out to heal all 5 teammates at the same time but the healing is reduced by some formula for every additional active orbs.

>If you only have one orb out you can heal one person for the current rate. It would be a a nice mid point between Mercy's active solo heal and Lucio's passive radius heal. If that isn't feasible at least let him have more than one heal orb out.

>discord orbs reveal the enemy's position to your teammates.

>Isn't effected by Junkrat traps

>slightly larger transcendence radius.
>>
>>343106950
He's most successful when buddied up with someone. Unfortunately most of the best buddies can't protect him. The only one who can compensate his weakness is reinhardt.

Ultimately we need a means for him to defend himself. So what do other supports have?

Mercy
>Dash

Lucio
>Mobility/Wallrun

Symmetra
>Sentry defenses

We could make discord orbs reduce the damage the target does to Zenyatta, but no one else. Or we could increase his cast ranges and make him a long range missle barrage, though that woulldnt make sense for his ultimate.
>>
>>343106950

Fix him? There's nothing wrong with him, shitter.
>>
File: 1465006437063.jpg (115 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
1465006437063.jpg
115 KB, 1360x768
Make his healing orb heal faster.

Make the discord orb slow down enemies as well.

Either give him more health or make him more mobile.

Have his Ultimate give his teammates a temporary speed boost too.

Boom, fixed. Done.
>>
>>343107297
I think alot of characters would be much better if attacking didn't slow you down. Like D'Va
>>
Allow him to fucking climb or be more maneuverable.

Some kind of defence move he can do to prevent damage or maybe just 150 HP and 75 HP shields. I swear to god Zarya's shields regenerate faster than Kenyatta.
>>
File: 1381794240477.jpg (32 KB, 300x285) Image search: [Google]
1381794240477.jpg
32 KB, 300x285
How do we make his ult fire not a piece of shit?
>>
File: BojHuNt.gif (1 MB, 446x270) Image search: [Google]
BojHuNt.gif
1 MB, 446x270
>>343116802

>his ult fire
>>
>>343116427
He's irrelevant in the competitive meta.
>>
>>343116427
Buddy, I love Zenyatta too, but in competitive play he'll get his ass fucking destroyed by practically everything.

He needs a buff, badly.
>>
File: abandonhope.png (100 KB, 189x199) Image search: [Google]
abandonhope.png
100 KB, 189x199
>his ult sets enemies on fire when they enter his radius now
>>
>>343106950
>How do we do X?
>Meme Mode: No solutions

120 replies and 69 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>343116802
Make the orbs shield him while they're charging. They absorb 35 damage each and taking partial damage reduces the amount of damage they do. For example, if he absorbs 25 damage then the last orb will only do 10.
>>
Health or speed buff.
>>
File: WE.png (98 KB, 532x657) Image search: [Google]
WE.png
98 KB, 532x657
For each Orb he has up, he takes 20% less damage.

Makes him have higher survivability, gives the player an incentive to be supportive, and gives the class a layer of complexity.

Boom, nigger.
>>
>>343117993
>make it so you have to prioritize the damage dealers over the support
Nah
>>
Anybody else getting that high latency warning on the Battlenet menu?
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.