[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /v/ what is your honest opinion, free of trolling, on Overwatch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: underclock.png (196 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
underclock.png
196 KB, 400x400
So /v/ what is your honest opinion, free of trolling, on Overwatch?
>>
low skill ceiling game that rewards shitty players and punishes good ones

the ultimate casual game, played by people who can't hack it in a real game
>>
>>343092147
Polished, lacking content, slow movement
>>
it smells like blizzard to i stayed away, didn't even play the free beta

doesn't seem like a game for fps players
>>
>>343092276

How does it punish good players exactly?

It's easy to do well in the game, but then if you get gud, you exceed.
>>
File: 1465234611863.jpg (56 KB, 680x410) Image search: [Google]
1465234611863.jpg
56 KB, 680x410
fun as fuck, will last as my standard multiplayer shooter for awhile.
All the complaints are just /v/ being /v/. Also the game just came out so the community is salty as fuck.
Just open yourself up to fun and you got a great time waster, if the game feels stale just switch characters n shiz.
>>
>>343092370

Well, it's more of a blend of genres; there's FPS and MOBA influence going on.

Personally I think it's good. There are plenty of teamwork FPS out there, Overwatch differentiates itself like this.
>>
File: 1465223190472.png (958 KB, 1280x6308) Image search: [Google]
1465223190472.png
958 KB, 1280x6308
>>343092276
someone's salty.
just keep playing anon you'll get better, the game just came out so you don't need to be so hard on yourself
>>
Can someone gif me the overwatch
>>
File: 1464608110155.png (364 KB, 480x481) Image search: [Google]
1464608110155.png
364 KB, 480x481
>>343092809
battleborn will be free to play any day now watch
>>
Is there a smear campaign going on 4chan right now?

Everyone loved this game last week.

>>343092276

Its a movement shooter. Higher levels will reward good players once competitive comes out and theres more incentive to work together. Play Pharah if you want high skill. Or Hanzo or something I don't know.

>>343092356

Play a different hero. Tracer is fast af and if you have a lucio along with a mercy, the lucio can focus on speed making flanking much more effective.

>>343092370

You literally just said you didn't play it, but came in to circlejerk.

Overwatch is pretty fun if you like movement shooters like TF2 and have some friends. Otherwise, wait til competitive mode comes out and see if you can't make some friends online.
>>
>>343092147
Not offensively bad, but won't keep your attention for more than a few hours. There really isn't much to it.
>>
>>343092809
Sent ;^)
>>
>>343092743
I don't even play this game

I played the beta for a day and quickly realized what kind of game it is.

If you play this then you're just another idiot who fell for a casual game. You can't be "good" at this game as it will try to keep everything as balanced as possible because it wants to reward bad players.
>>
>>343092147
Tons of fun, sucks to try and play single. Which is why I assume Vee hates it
>>
I like it.

It combines my favorite elements of mobas (ability synergy, characters with distinct roles, focus on teamwork) with fast paced FPS gameplay.

The game's mechanics can be frustrating, and I absolutely loathe how lenient favor the shooter is, but I still enjoy the game overall
>>
>>343092904
It's a movement shooter with none of the skill required. Aim doesn't matter, movement hardly matters. Just press a skill button and win. That's the entire game.

>>343093070
>I-I-It's fun with friends!
>>
File: 1454733042057.gif (650 KB, 598x444) Image search: [Google]
1454733042057.gif
650 KB, 598x444
People are mad cause competitive isn't out yet and people want to measure their dicks. But it's stupid cause everyone sucks at the moment, even pro's are getting insanely better each week during this time period.
Just focus on learning the game for awhile and being chill and preparing for competitive than just being a dick about what's missing.
I'm noticing a lot of people just can't comprehend that they suck this much and scapegoat blame on their team when no one is giving a shit but those who scapegoat.
Community needs to grow the fuck up, but then again I'm an adult playing video games so I kinda deserve to be surrounded by children.
>>
>>343092370
>doesn't seem like a game for fps players
Unfortunately there's no games for fps players right now.
>>
>>343092147
I like the variety of characters and that they have special moves, makes them a bit more fun to play than the standard fps.

its easy and fast to get a match going, lasts only a couple of minutes so you can always get a couple of games in between doing other things.

I think the balance is overall good, people still need to learn how to play their characters better and learn to stick together more often but overall if you talk, people will listen.

Already feel satisfied with my 40 bucks that I paid for this game, since it has provided me with more fun then every other game I have played/bought in the past 6 months and its still alive and kicking so even if it were to die in a years (like /v/ wishes it does, I still feel like I got my moneys worth)
>>
>>343093051
go back to chess
>>
I do not buy modern Blizzard "games" because I am not mentally challenged.
>>
It's fun.
>>
>>343093204
Begging you to hit puberty
>>
>>343093463

>Putting games in quotation marks to insult people who like a certain game

The autistic neckbeard is reeking from you holy shit
>>
>>343092904
>Tracer is fast af

She has an ability that lets her do a sudden movement but her movespeed is not very fast at all. The heros all move very slow, any form of mobility is done through abilities rather than actual movement mechanics.
>>
>>343093419
Enjoying summer vacation little boy? I bet your first fps was csgo and you think you're skilled at overwatch because you can kill braindead casual scum like yourself.

>>343093505
Typical casual sheep scum.
>>
Team Fortress 2 for le next generation of gamers XD
>>
lots of frustrating design in this game
>>
Its like DOTA where if you try to play this game without an arranged team, you arent going to have much fun.

Otherwise its a solid game. I cant remember the last game I liked as much as this one.
>>
>>343093204

>>I-I-It's fun with friends!

Anon, it's a TEAM-based shooter. Did you really think you're not gonna have more fun and win more if you play in groups? Or are you too antisocial to get this?
>>
>>343092147
Casual, fun, solid gameplay

Couldn't be happier with it as a product
>>
>>343093601

Lucio's speedboost affects everyone's movespeed tho'
>>
Shitty attempt at a MOBA-FPS blend that panders to casuals. I hope that it dies, but I'll live regardless of what happens.
>>
Best game of the year, because nothing else of note I really gave two shits about.

My choice for second best game this year is WWE 2K16, that says a lot on the quality of shit we've gotten.(I also never played a wwe game before)
>>
>>343093708
>spend pregame building strong teamcomp with my team
>go to first point
>team of 6 soldiers
>get stomped

yeah team comp is really important
>>
I don't like first person shooters at all. I make the occasional exception for games that do something different, like Portal or Mirror's Edge, both games where you don't actually shoot anyone, or at least can beat the game without doing so in the latter. I didn't give a shit about Overwatch when it was coming out, but I figured I'd at least give the beta a try. The appeal of slapping shit with a giant hammer in a competitive shooter was a bit much.

I played the beta with a friend, exclusively as Reinhardt. After awhile we tried the Mystery Brawl matches which forced you to be someone different each time you started the game or died, so I was forced around the roster, and actually had fun as everyone. Aside from the occasional meme lord matches where you deal with 6 Torbjorn's where they're extremely effective and the people I get lumped with don't pick up to get behind my shield and shoot the fucking turrets to death so we can actually progress, the game is fun enough.

Also worth mentioning I'm playing on a PS4, so the Widowmaker problem doesn't really exist here, since aiming with a controller isn't as precise as a mouse. A friend told me that the console versions are nerfing Torbjorn for just that reason, since they are basically a non-issue on PC or something. I don't know how true that is.

TL;DR it's fun enough for a competitive shooter, but I'll probably never play it alone. It's more of a game I'll play if a friend asks me to.
>>
>>343093723
I don't play shitty games like that, I'm not a braindead moron. I've never touched a MOBA in my entire life.

Frankly if you play a MOBA you should be barred from ever posting on 4chan again.
>>
>>343093858
you needed to adjust your tactic if you are getting stomped by six of one hero. everyone has a weakness and you obviously didnt exploit soldiers.
>>
>>343092147
Things like the game being really casual and the ultimates mostly being bullshit free kills annoyed me initially, but I just had to shift my expectations and play it expecting a solid but very casual shooter.

Once I did this I started having a lot more fun with it. If I wanted a proper competitive mechanical shooter I wouldn't play this though. Luckily right now I don't.
>>
>>343093343

What about new UT? ALso old fps like Quake Live still are alive even if not that popular but what do you expect? Casuals will never play a game where being bad is punished when they can play something like overwatch were aimbot&wallhack are default character abilities
>>
Alright, but overpriced for whats offered
>>
File: sole survivor.jpg (24 KB, 300x355) Image search: [Google]
sole survivor.jpg
24 KB, 300x355
>>343093906
SAY WHAT NIGGA?
>>
>>343093838
>moba
thats like saying tf2 is a moba
>>
The fact that so many people here will defend this game to death is just sad.

People will call me an edgelord or a fedora tipper but this game is the epitome of everything wrong with modern games. It caters to the very lowest of gamers and succeeds at that.
>>
>>343093906

You seem to have a lot of pent-up hatred due to the fact that you have no friends, and struggle to make them even in online environments. It's probably due to your shitty holier-than-thou attitude, but what do I know?

It's cool that you like singleplayer games brah, or multiplayer games where you don't have to interact with other people, but chill.
>>
>>343092147
Casual as fuck, uses the league formula all the way, there's no content for how much the price is, it's shilled like fucking crazy, and it plain out gets boring after 4 hours.

I got bored of it on the last day in the beta. Only neo /v/ is eating this shit up and casuals who have never experienced a good competitive experience in their life.
>>
>>343093631
Do words like fun and teamwork bother you friend?
>>
File: 1463625526644.jpg (16 KB, 180x488) Image search: [Google]
1463625526644.jpg
16 KB, 180x488
>>343093219
>people want to measure their dicks
gave me a really nice chickle
>>
>>343094085
>but this game is the epitome of everything wrong with modern games.

Please expand on this reasoning, and do provide specific examples and citations.
>>
File: kotofingers.gif (1022 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
kotofingers.gif
1022 KB, 480x360
Scratches an itch that has been left throbbing in the absence of Battlefield 2's and Team Fortress 2's heyday.
Sparks of brilliance can be found, but the map design is awful.

A map editor and the ability to play matches with twice as many players would make the game considerably better.

4/5
>>
>>343093823
And like I said that's mobility being done through an ability rather than a proper movement mechanic.

The boost only lasts a second or two anyway. There is no character that is mobile or fast because that is how they function normally, they are these things because they have abilities that make it temporary. Tracer isn't inherently fast she just has abilities she can use to temporarily make her quicker on her feet compared to TF2's Scout who actually has a fast movespeed. This is fine though, I just think it's far less interesting (and more casual with regards to being a shooter) than having the characters varied more at their base level.
>>
>>343094085
I don't even like first person shooters 'cause they're all the same bullshit. I'm not defending it, but I am saying that it's not a bad game due to the fact that it actually does something different. Same reason I bothered picking up Splatoon.
>>
>>343093973
Problem is 6 soldiers have the least amount of weaknesses in terms of stacking since each are relatively self sufficient for whatevers needed
>>
>wait till everyone picks characters
>people pick a good comp: pick a complementary character and try to win, potentially at the cost of not playing a character I'll have more fun with
>people shitpick: play whatever character I want and try to have fun at the cost of not picking a character I'll be more objective useful for
>don't obsess about win/loss or MMR but generally try to play well
Given that that is my method of playing, I generally enjoy my time with Overwatch.
>>
>>343094085
This. I couldn't have said it better myself
>>
>>343092147
Fun, fluid and intuitive controls that reward good decisions and offer many different styles of play, lacking in content but plenty of room to grow.

It's the last point that I think not enough people realize. Blizzard could have put in a ton of maps and modes, but it didn't. Instead it gave us just enough to keep us entertained, and has TONS of room to expand. They did this on purpose, in order to keep the game profitable and fun for many years. Now we have tons of new free releases to look forward to; new characters, new maps, new modes, new cosmetic stuff, etc. By starting small and making what they had amazing, they effectively lengthened the overall lifespan of the game by years.
>>
>>343093204
Play Genji and get more than one gold medal

go ahead, we'll wait
>>
>>343094167
I should be able to jump in and have fun. I'm older than most people in the game and I don't feel like waiting for others. I play games to feel competitive satisfaction and joy. If a game can't offer me that on it's own then it's not a game worth playing.
>>
>>343094473
You just described a MOBA, welcome to the ASSFAGGOT craze.
>>
>>343094085
>People will call me an edgelord or a fedora tipper
Nobody would say that if you took 5 seconds to explain yourself.
It doesn't have regenerating health.
Teamwork is required.
Motherfucking Medkits in 2016.
All ultimates can be countered or shutdown easily, encouraging ambush tactics or stealth.

What is your issue?
>>
>>343094249

Ah okay, I can see your reasoning now. In a way, it's like TF2 if everybody could build up an uber on their Q.

I'd like a gamemode with no ultimates actually.
>>
I feel like I'm getting my money's worth from it, but I only paid $40 for it.
>>
>>343094609
None of that takes any skill though, It's not like people are directly reacting to everything that is happening at once, the game is basically scripted and everything works out one way or another. Everything is a counter to something. It's not skill based at all. I might as well be watching a movie. It's completely predictable.
>>
>>343094398
Say what better yourself? That post didn't say anything at all.
>>
>>343094584
yes, and Blizzard was the first company to realize that if you mix a MOBA with an FPS, you'll cash in on two huge fan pools and if you do it right, you'll have a GOAT game on your hands.
>>
Its only fun when teams are evenly matched, preventing boring one-sided stomps and constant walking back to the fight because someone isnt doing their job
Teams are almost never evenly matched
>>
>>343092147

I am having fun. Probably the most frustrating game I have ever played though.
>>
>>343094809
FPS is garbage, all they did was water down an already watered down sub genre for the lowest common denominator. Kill yourself.
>>
>>343094886
Same. Its mostly due to retards being unable to switch when they need to. Shits infuriating when the other team switches to counter but the randoms I play with are too fucking stubborn to do the same.
>>
>>343094815

Yeah this.

7/10 games are one-sided stomps one way or the other. I don't even have fun when I'm stomping the other team, I just feel bad.

The games where it's like all 3 round of KotH or a struggle to beat the payload are the absolute best and most fun for everyone. But hey the matchmaking doesn't allow it, you need to be kept at 50% win/loss ratio afterall.
>>
Would be great

too bad the map design is shit

and it will probably remain that way since user created maps seem unlikely
>>
File: 1461726491178.jpg (43 KB, 582x741) Image search: [Google]
1461726491178.jpg
43 KB, 582x741
>>343094085
>very lowest of gamers

yeah you're an edgelord if you hate on people having fun with games outside of a competitive nature
>>
>>343095276
If I saw someone eating a well done steak or eating shit on the street, I'm going to look down on them and hate them all the same.
>>
it's pretty fun, i just wish the ults were more creative and less "press button to kill everyone"
>>
It's fun
>>
>>343095017
>"stop liking what I don't like!"

FPS is played by literally millions of people, as are MOBAs. Combining the two is a genius move from a business perspective, and it works really well here.
>>
Honest opinion, probably one of the better multiplayer games to come out for a while in general.

They've handled everything well (nerfing heroes that need to be nerfed, buffing those who need it, the only debatable/laughable one is Torb on consoles). They've even shittalked people who didn't understand how server ticks actually work.

Basically anyone who's upset is most likely one of the many fools who disagree with the above paragraph
>>
>>343092147
Its fun. Outside of that it is absolutely not competitive or very engaging. A very good game to chill out while playing.
>>
It's pretty fun
>>
>>343095495
>>343095557
>>343095573
these people post on /v/

let that sink in
>>
>>343095573
It's fucking TF2.
>>
>>343092147
I enjoy it. It's lightweight, fast paced, and colorful, and takes minutes to complete each match. Since I don't have time to play games 5hrs a day anymore, I appreciate it.
>>
>>343095680
>They've even shittalked people who didn't understand how server ticks actually work.
Why would they shit talk themselves though? Having 20 tick is not acceptable by a modern developer so clearly they don't understand it.
>>
File: 1465528152730.jpg (61 KB, 960x959) Image search: [Google]
1465528152730.jpg
61 KB, 960x959
>>343092147
Casual , not competitive in any way.
Fun game. Charming Characters , Neat artstyle and Graphics.
Not worth 40 dollars.
>>
>>343095762
>People like things that I don't

sorry not sorry that /v/ isn't your hugbox, you miserable little cretin
>>
File: 1465249615594.jpg (703 KB, 901x750) Image search: [Google]
1465249615594.jpg
703 KB, 901x750
/v/ will love this game in the futur.e
This is my theory but I'll stick with it for a few years.
It's not a big deal but everyone's complaints are hidden compliments, unbalanced characters are going to exist for forever in every game but the attention towards balance in this game keeps it more fresh than others in the market.
The other main complaint people have is lack of content, but I can't believe mod support wouldn't exist sometime in the future.

So basically /v/ just wants to mod the game and until then they'll wine and fuss. Standard protocol.
>>
>>343092147
it's fun sometimes

other times it's just lame and annoying because your team is shit
>>
>>343092147
I rage every fucking time Hanzo kills me, because the kill cam makes it obvious he wasn't even aiming.

Other than that it's a fun game.
>>
Seriously lacking in content, to the point where it could be called early access.
Unrewarding gameplay, abilities have little impact, both in feel and the match.
The cosmetics are the uninspired shovel ware I've seen in a long time.
20 tickrate. 20.
No ranked, only 2 game modes, literally the worst game besides full fleshed MOBA's if you wan't to play by yourself, in the way you want to.
Hell, even most MOBAs have alternatives to the players who don't wanna be matched with 12 year old try hard kids who screams at you for not healing them.

The game is average, at best.
Take away the Blizzard sticker and the meaningless lore and waifus, and this game would already be forgotten.
>>
>>343095680
>buffing those who need it
get cucked m8

t. dva
>>
>>343095965
it literally takes no skill to play whatsoever

once it fades away and the fotm underage kids stop posting about it on /v/ nobody will care about it. they'll just move on to the new hot thing like the brainless sheep that they are
>>
>>343093219
Why would you post that gif with your post.
Nigger. You are an embarassment.
Dont post Dagumi Tofuboy unless its about sanic fast stuff.
>>
I'm fucking horrible but it's fun
>>
>>343096169
t. buttmad tf2 cuckie
>>
File: 1463725219741.jpg (29 KB, 390x360) Image search: [Google]
1463725219741.jpg
29 KB, 390x360
>>343095907
20 ticks isn't worth all the attention it's getting though lately. /v/ is trying really hard to come up with complaints on this game, it's like the whole "I played skyrim for 300 hours and I gotta say it's kinda bad now that I see it" argument
>>
>>343092147
Mindless fun. Worth it when on discount. Will buy since it's a one time buy (hopefully including all DLC).
>>
>>343092147
Bland.
>>
>>343093051
>game is shit
>I don't even play this game

sounds about right.
>>
It's alright. I'm disappointed at the way the matches are played out though, they're all objective based and rather short. I'd like it if they went on for longer, and there were some other modes. Like I don't know why there wouldn't be just a simple team deathmatch mode.

Also I wouldn't mind more characters. I'd like it if they regularly released new ones every couple of months.
>>
>>343092147
Underwhelming low-skill game with microtransactions, bad matchmaking, very little content, and balancing issues/bugs (a couple have been fixed since launch anyway), plus a terrible leveling system designed to make you pay even more money; I played 30 hours and would give it a 3/10 for just not being fun in addition to all other issues, uninstalled and switched back other, better games, it's not worth the time or the money.
>>
>>343092531
HEROES NEVER DIE through the fucking floor or two walls.
>>
>>343096091
What a load of bullshit.
I will grant you that content is a little lacking but they are going to add more for free and competitive mode will be here literally this week if not today.
>>
>>343096458

I made sure to double-read that comment. The gall of someone to say "I can give a proper opinion on this game, no I don't play it"

I mean holy shit man just commit suicide.
>>
>>343096169
but it does take skill, it's easier to aim but you still have to learn counters and work with your team

also genji and tracer both have high skill ceilings
>>
>>343096091
What game?
>>
>>343096637
>implying

Every fucking thing in this game relies on line of sight.
>>
>>343092904
>It's a movement shooter
>it's a hero shooter
Can we just delete this stupid memes players invented to defend this boring game and it's flaws that people take issue with.
>>
>>343092147
A Solid 7/10 game. It's definitely better than the average game but there are a lot of little quirks about the game that annoy me greatly despite it being fun.

Map design, hitboxes, projectile hitboxes, tickrate.

Ultimates are fine if you think about them more as Killstreaks. Since you have to play well to get them with any sort of consistency.
>>
>>343095573
>a lot of people like it so it's good

Good job proving you're bottom of the barrel trash that these Jews pander to. Fucking moron, also this a gaming board for fanatics. We generally shoot down and will openly talk shit about casual garbage. Fuck yourself.
>>
>>343096585
>microtransactions
>cosmetic shit you can get every time you level up
>the xp required to level up caps at 23

sounds pretty fair to me desu senpai
>>
>>343096637
Everyone is bitching about mercy lately.
What makes you think blizzard wont fix her?
>>
>>343096458
>>343096672
>I played the beta

is overwatch so easy that you lost most of your brain functions from playing it?
>>
>>343096880
>this a gaming board for fanatics
fuck off to /vg retard
>>
>>343092147
great game if you got mates to play with
going solo kind of sucks though, but thats the same fer all team based games
i like that games end quick
>>
>>343096637
If you can't kill them again its time to git gud.
>>
>>343096971
>I played the beta for a day

Well this qualifies you to have an opinion for sure
>>
>>343096996
You should just fuck off to reddit where they circle jerk the highest grossing games and only the highest upboated comments can be seen. Since you love surface level bullshit so much.
>>
>>343097068
They're full health while you probably took some damage in the fight. Or you blew your ultimate to kill them and had it undone.
>>
>>343097003
could you be any more of a drone? might as well hook you up to a machine that collects your blood while they shove a monitor that glows different colors in front of your face to keep you occupied
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UV9xNbjchc
>>
>>343096860
>Ultimates are fine if you think about them more as Killstreaks. Since you have to play well to get them with any sort of consistency.

You literally just have to do damage or heal. Spray shots down range, and it charges faster. And even if you miss all the shots like the retard you are, it charges, cause you know, we can't let anyone suck at this game.
>>
>>343094340

You're playing it right. Also there is a third situation

>At least 3 people pick the same character then everyone has to switch to that character.

It doesn't matter if it's good or not, it's typically hilarious.
>>
>>343092147
it's pretty shitty but shills and buyer remorse faggots will tell you it's """"""""fun""""""""""
>>
good game, a few of the characters are shit designed though. with update this month it will finally feel complete.
>>
>>343092147
I like it, but it gets old fast. It's like any other multiplayer game where you always run the risk of your teammates sucking, but with the added fuckiness of some characters outright countering others which make bad players twice as bad.

I'd probably like the game more if every man, woman, child, and dog didn't decide to play it. Matched with shitters way too often. Either my team steamrolls the enemy, or my team gets steamrolled.
>>
I like the game but playing solo sucks.
>Win game
>Reinstancing
>Get paired up with shitty team
>Lose, lose, lose

Junkrat needs a nerf by the way.
>>
>>343097134
>"Dude you only ate shit for a day, how can you give your opinion on what shit tastes like"
>>
>>343097235

Yes but it charges faster for people who are doing better. So good players get more.
>>
>>343092893
i see loss
>>
>>343096886
The loot system could have been better if they didn't gate it off and randomize to turn a profit. Levelling up is the only long-term game in overwatch, and between (usually) hour-long periods between levels, flooding the pool with common sprays, randomizing the loot, allowing for duplicates, and having no other way to acquire currency, they've designed it like a free to play game. The loot system would be much more rewarding if you actually got items for characters you preferred, or if you were guaranteed currency to buy items for characters you preferred, or if 75% of the create wasn't just a sprays and mp3 files for characters you quite probably don't play.

It doesn't matter if it's just cosmetic, if they didn't want you to buy it, they wouldn't be selling it. People still want it, the effect it has on players is still there and the annoyance it causes is real. Frankly, they fucked it up because they could get more money off of it, and Blizzard are absolute dicks for doing it.
>>
>>343092147
Good game, but horrible to play by yourself. It's a team-based, objective-focused FPS, so you will lose a lot because of retarded team-mates.

At the low end this will be 3 useless Hanzos on payload attack, at the higher you'll lose because people don't counter-pick or they do stupid shit like running away from the payload 0.1m from the finish line or failing to fall back to point B on defense, allowing the attackers to overrun you.

Ranked Mode can't come soon enough since at least you eventually slide out of the shitty MMR-range.

Also, forced-50%-winrate is definitely a thing. Too many matches with retards way below your own level of skill.
>>
>>343096780
Have you not seen the gif of the mercy rezzing her entire fucking team from under the last defense spawn in Watchpoint: Gibraltar
>>
>>343097134
>Well this qualifies you to have an opinion for sure

Seeing as the beta was exactly the same as the final product, he kind of does, dipshit.
>>
>>343096637
If your teammates die in a fucking retarded position and you revive theyre gonna die again for sure. Stop whining the game isnt balanced because you cant aim your sights at their head while theyre reviving for like three seconds. Git gud.
>>
Shill.
>>
>>343092147
It's baby's first Fisher-Price FPS.

Shallow shit with ASSFAGGOTS elements that don't need to be that arbitrary but rather should revolve around certain roles that team FPSes have focused on in the past.

Its also marketed heavily towards underage, tumblr, and social media plebs.
>>
>Me and a friend sick of Genji/Hanzo shitters every match
>Decide every time both get picked we'll match
>Before the match even gets started they're FURIOUS at us for picking them

I've never had so much fun losing in my life
>>
>>343097235
But if you suck the ultimates won't help you.
They will only work against other people who suck.

Which explains your rantings.
Actually everyone on /v/ being terrible explains so very much.
>>
If I like Overwatch will I like Overwatch?
>>
Anyone who has more than 1 hour as Hanzo is a grade A shitter

>King's Row Escort on offense
>pick Winston, don't play him much
>Healer is Zenyatta
>game starts
>Half the team is trapped in spawn
>Manage to get on the point
>Zenyatta is complaining the whole time
>Team is doing kinda shitty but we push through to the last choke point
>At the last push, Zenyatta complains that nobody has his back
>Tell him to go Lucio
>Zen completely loses his mind, goes on a tirade in chat while Pharah wipes us in overtime
>Check Zen's career profile
>6 hours as Hanzo
>>
>>343097475
My bad, I thought you were talking about reapers q for some reason.

I'm pretty sure mercy is going to get her ult nerfed in the future though. At least in charge rate.
>>
>>343097982
no but you will shill here for free
>>
Gameplay too cluttered due to Blizzard wanting to distance themselves from TF2, but went too far away that they forgot all the great ideas that TF2 brought to the table for team based shooters, and now they just sorta throw around idea that sound cool and pray that it works.

Half the classes are useless in certain situations, which is why they can't impliment certain gamemodes. They should have just given Torbjorn the teleporter as his ult, Dva is fucking garbage in every way outside of shutting down a few ults, and other heroes like Tracer are hilariously easy to kill if you're Roadhog. Any class with 200 hp or lower will get oneshotted by him, and tracer can't outrun his hook.

Oh and speaking of tracer, all the classes run at the exact same speed. You can keep up with tracer as the biggest fat fucks you can imagine, Reinheart and Roadhog can move as fast as Lucio if he's not using his speed buff. The scout was great at harassment because as a slower class, you can't fucking catch up to him. As Tracer, pray you have your E ready, or at least 3 blink charges.

Level design is fucking garbage too, although at least they've been trying to fix their maps. Still haven't fixed Voskoya Industries though, fuck that map.
>>
>>343097707
>Do an excellent combo to wipe 5/6 people on the enemy team involving all your ultimates
>Mercy rez them
>You got no ultimate and probably half health from the enage
>they have full and potential ults
wooooooooow.
>>
Simple and fun. I actually like the simplicity, it's refreshing to not take a game to seriously for once.
Also everything is pretty damn balanced, no matter what /v/ says... this time, "gitting gud" is the answer.
>>
>>343098287
Temple of Anubis is the worst. Also, a good Tracer is almost impossible to kill.
>>
>>343093343
Rainbow six siege faggot
>>
>>343098287
The good thing about Overwatch is that Blizzard will no doubt be doing updates regularly. I expect issues to be worked out in patches constantly just like with any other all online game.
>>
>>343098305
>the rest of your team finishes of the poorly positioned enemy team

>the rest of your team is dead and you killing 5/6 people is just as much bullshit as her rezing them

pick one
>>
It felt really shallow to me during beta. ATM I play Siege and comparing two of them is like StarCraft and C&C Generals. This comparison is not in OW favor.
>>
>>343098287
>Half the classes are useless in certain situations

Stop being bad and trying to play one class all the time
There are 21 one different ones for a reason, not so you can play hanzo every match.
>>
File: ayy.png (46 KB, 192x207) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
46 KB, 192x207
>>343092147
Good porn, don't care about the game at all and expect it to die off like Battlefront and all the other recent multiplayer only games.
>>
>>343093343
CS:GO still has its core gameplay rooted in 90's shooters even with all its flaws.

>inb4 IT HAS MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF RNG LOOK AT ME MOM I AM A CONTRARIAN
>>
>>343098287
Tracer, genji and lucio are actually faster than the other heroes by a bit.
>>
>>343098749
CS is what happens when you take all the fun out of 90's shooters.
>slow as balls
>limited weapons
>>
bretty good. As long as they keep updating with new content I can see myself playing for years. It's fun enough for me playing solo and I imagine it's even better playing with friends.
>>
File: d.va players.png (924 KB, 947x677) Image search: [Google]
d.va players.png
924 KB, 947x677
>>343092147

I have one opinion.

Pandering to waifu fags is like the Republicans pandering to evangelicals and Democrats pandering to blacks. The waifu fags are necessary because they actually buy loot crates and keep the game trending in their own circles, but holy fuck are they cancerous. They literally included a GAMER GURL STARCRAFT PINK MURDER MECHA.

I'll be less salty about it when they buff D.va.
>>
File: 1466717302475.jpg (515 KB, 1200x848) Image search: [Google]
1466717302475.jpg
515 KB, 1200x848
Its pretty great over all. The game is exceptionally well balanced for the short time its been up and as long as they don't fuck it up for a while I can see myself playing it for a long time.

However

The current competitive format scoring system is awful and sudden death is worst mechanic I've ever seen. Absolute full retard, especially since Jeff acknowledges it but insists on trying to get it to work. JUST FUCKING ADMIT TF2 GOT IT RIGHT WITH STOPWATCH.

Also Hanamura and Anubis are just shitty maps, they require extensive reworking.
>>
File: Shield of the Druid.jpg (22 KB, 392x395) Image search: [Google]
Shield of the Druid.jpg
22 KB, 392x395
>>343098496
>Main Reinhardt
>Enemy has a good Reaper and Tracer
It's a good thing I like playing Zarya as well
>>
Very very mediocre. Not suprised that the CoD/Halo-generation thinks it is the best thing ever.
>>
>>343099264
>CoD/Halo-generation

I'm a CS fag and I like to play OW when I get aggravated with CSGO. I used to do the same shit with TF2
>>
>>343099390
>CS
At least overwatch doesn't have RNG bullet spread
>>
>>343097943
B-BUT ULTIMATES ARE AUTO WIN BUTTONS
>>
>>343099791
OW has press Q to win even if you suck like hell
>>
Good but not as good as people say it is. Worth 20 dollars but unless you have 4-5 friends to play with several days a week the current price isn't worth it. Solo play absolutely not worth it, just download TF2. It's less colorful and flashy but a solid game and while it lacks ultimates it's essentially the same game, let's be honest here.
>>
>>343099917
>bads still believe this
>>
looks fun. sounds neat. never really played. but bastion looks cool as fuck.
>>
>>343100018
This game features literal aim-bot in several characters
OW is counter-strike for kids^W retards who can't aim for shit
>>
>>343092147
Overwatch is dead. The player base is either twitch "e-celebs" or some kids. No PvE at all, boring maps and the heroes look the same. The female looking heroes all look like a Samus Aran reskin (I hope Nintendo will sue them for copyright infringement). And the most retarded thing ever are one shot ult with ZERO skill requirement (DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE )
>>
>I don't even play this game
>has an opinion that he thinks is valid
Jesus Christ /v/ I know you enjoy hating everything but it's nice to have fun. Is it really worth pushing away friends, family and life itself just so you can sit in a closet or basement and pretend you are so much higher than other faggots by not liking a fun game?
>>
>>343099917
Try not being a shitter and getting into a higher MMR.
>>
>>343096637
>>343097068
Seriously. I negated mercy's bullshit with a well placed JUSTICE RAINS FROM ABOVE. It's all about timing you fucking nerds
>>
>>343100396
>what is getting out of line of sight

How about you play intelligently and expect ultimates so you can play around them
Not blindly rush in and die and then cry.
>>
>>343100551
>if you don't like overwatch and see it for the shit it is you will push away family and friends
>>
>>
>>343092147
Good/decent gameplay, hot girls, nice porn, shit community/fanbase.
>>
>>343092147
I love it. It's the most fun I've had playing a game in a long time.
>>
Played the beta a bunch

Made for people stupid enough to think MOBAs are hard to understand and bad enough to suck at any FPS.

I don't hate fun or people having fun with it but holy shit is casual as fuck, I can only enjoy so much being in kindergarden again.

Also the community is shit, full of the most unfunny memes I've seen, cringy waifufags and also cry and moan every time you shit on their game.

Basically not my cup of tea
>>
>>343092147
To me it´s still TF2. An SJW mod but still TF2. When i saw how mediocre and repetitive the gameplay was in twitch i lost all interest to this.
Blizzard has ingored their original audiences for years and you know what i dont like your shit anymore and am gonna play something else.
>>
>>343095762
/v/ isn't a hug box. I believe you would be happier on tumblr
>>
>>343096637
that's why you go for the mercy first. her health is low enough, and she's always busy healing or boosting, so she's a quick and easy kill.
>>
A fun party game ruined by tryhard faggots (/v/)
>>
>>343092147
its the first shooter ive enjoyed since goldeneye
im having fun with it
>>
>>343100929
This is why I don't like the map design. It's too linear and designed to funnel people in. Why do you think people like Bastion and Torn are so good?
>>
>>343092147
I couldn't care less about Overwatch. This kind of shooter just ain't my cup of tea.
>>
>>343092147
It's a great game to play a few quick rounds in with buddies

Competitive still needs a shitload of work and there's not enough heros to add enough diversity yet, especially since they added a 1 hero limit as well.
>>
>>343098564
However, it being multi platform, they might not want to alienate the console base by releasing tons of patches and hot fixes for PC while they get nothing because of the patching schedule restrictions on consoles.

I dont know if that's still a thing for consoles, so I might be way wrong
>>
File: 1463341264890.jpg (62 KB, 428x410) Image search: [Google]
1463341264890.jpg
62 KB, 428x410
>>343092904
>Play Pharah if you want high skill. Or Hanzo
>Or Hanzo
>Hanzo
>High Skill
Either I'm a pro or you're delusional.
>>
>>343092147
+Combat
+Character designs
+SFM/Fanart

-Fanbase
-Lack of content (no SP, no ranked, only 12 maps)
-Unpolished (tick rate/hitboxes)
-Lack of depth ("Press Q to AWESOME")
>>
>>343099791
>thinks overwatch is shit
>believes in the cs rng meme
hue
>>
>>343101526
>not enough heros to add enough diversity yet
Literally all 21 characters are completely different. You are legitimately retarded
>>
A place with bad memez
>>
>Try to make a trolling free thread
>Trolls are the first to arrive

lol
>>
>>343100854
Here is your (you)
Also, feel free to not play the game, we have enough faggots in-game already.
>>
>>343092147
Great game, but I feel like theres a mode or two needed to really round it out. map diversity is fine, though some could use some tweeks to make it less one sided, specifically Kings Row and Route 22
>>
>>343101669
>-Unpolished (tick rate/hitboxes)
you may not like with the xbawx hueg hitboxes, but that isn't from a lack of polish. they are very much intentional, so i don't think you can call them a result of a lack of polish. blizzard themselves call the autoaim, client side hit registry with massive hitboxes a "favor the shooter system" and worked specifically to design it that way.
>>
>>343098737
I never play Hanzo, I'm saying that Symetria is fucking pointless on KOTH, Blizzard can't make up their minds on sightlines because I often see them being for attacking rather than defending, which makes Widowmaker more of an attack class than a defense class.

Again, DVA is pointless because her mech is basically a walking "Shoot me" sign with the critical spot being smack dab in the middle, which gets her killed easily. Also Reinheart can damage her while her eject mode is happening, so you can get her to half health before she even leaves.

Lucio is good for KOTH only, Mercy is better than him in every other way because of the lack of need to get to an objective quickly, and the fact that due to teams running all over the place, large parts of your team won't get damaged all at the same time at the same spot. It will be situational damage.

They shouldn't have split up the TF2 classes and spread their roles across 21 heroes.
>>
>>343095385
"""esports""" are the shit in this analogy though
>>
>>343100854

Dat atrocious reading comprehension.

You need to be 18+ to browse this board, son.
>>
I would like it if it had better movement
I would like it if the game had any art setting at all. The skins are retarded
I would like it if there weren't literally aimbot and wallhacks ultimates
I would like it if there weren't ultimates at all
>>
>>343101724
Nope, every competitve game consists of a Reinhardt, Roadhog, Reaper, and Soldier. For each team. The other 2 depend on the map being played.

Compare Overwatch to League or Dota and it simply isn't diverse enough to keep people interested right now since you can't do any weird comps with multiple heros.
>>
>>343101785
I+'$ H1GH nO0N
>>
>>343101991
I think its necessary. With the way the game works, hitting Hanzo/Widow/Tracer etc with accurate hitboxes with anything but AoE would be near impossible.
>>
>>343092276
you were right about everything except

>that punishes good ones

The game is simple as fuck and the medal/potg system does encourage bad players to stay bad, but good players can absolutely beat shitty players consistently. They have access to all the easy stuff too, and ults can be countered with good map awareness and positioning.

Bad players who think they're good will often blame the game when they lose.
>>
>>343092147
is has potential, a lot of fucking potential
right now it lacks content
a bit too expensive

horrible matchmaking
like jesus christ, riot games level of terrible
>>
Holy shit the fanboys here are defending this thing with their life. Apparently everything wrong with Overwatch can be excused.

>It's Blizzard, they'll fix it
>It's just you who suck at the game
>20 tick is fine, it's Blizzard

Not even funny anymore
>>
>>343102095
>Reinhardt, Roadhog, Reaper, and Soldier
I've played enough to know that that is false.
>>
File: 1466921622608.png (1 MB, 1176x2274) Image search: [Google]
1466921622608.png
1 MB, 1176x2274
>>343092743
>gremlin D.Va
>>
Who /waiting4comp/ here?

Can't wait to get rid of all these shitters that plague quickplay.
>>
>>343102157
that's really offensive to me and my fetus room
go kill your self and your foe memez
>>
>>343100929
Only 3 heroes for flank routes?
Pharah, Mercy with flight tether, Hanzo, Genji, Junkrat with explosive, but can't a Mei's alt fire icewall reach that ledge as well?

But the map choke points on all the maps are like this. Hollywood and Hanamura probably being the worst.
>>
File: ohhhman.jpg (69 KB, 611x548) Image search: [Google]
ohhhman.jpg
69 KB, 611x548
>>343102338
>He thinks ranked will be better
>>
I personally quite like it, but it has the Titanfall problem of having little content at relaese. It needs quite a few more maps and could stand a few extra game modes.
>>
>>343102293
Oh? So you've put a great time into playing ranked on PTR and talk to guys who are actively participating in the budding competitive scene that actively scrim against the likes of c9's pro team and more?
>>
anime is better
>>
>>343102458

It will be the same shit at lower tiers for sure.
>>
So how bad is Hollywood?
Seems like its fucking impossible for Attackers to get past the first point if they have a good defending Lucio
>>
File: 00f[1].png (463 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
00f[1].png
463 KB, 600x549
>>343102352
o rly? git gud
>>
>>343102338
It won't be any better. I cannot think of a single game with competitive match-making that had people take it seriously. Most of the time it's shitters who want to be MLGPro but give you the most confused look in the world when you use the term "PUG" or actually competent players who are only playing so they can stomp with horrible team compositions.

MM is going to be ten-times worse than QP.
>>
>>343100929
>3 heroes

My fucking ass.

Junkrat, Pharah, Genji, Lucio, Tracer, Reaper, D.Va and Mercy if she's following somone. Also probably Winston and maybe Mei but I haven't tried those out.
>>
>>343092147
very fun game it just got popular so now /v/ hates it
>>
>>343102424
That may be true, but the hallway is so long that nothing can be done by the attackers anyway.
>>
Fun
>>
>thread simply devolved in to more underage discussing their shallow "hero" gameplay

I was right. Shallow cancerous game for people who can't play other FPSes worth a damn or videogames.
>>
>>343092147
Very polished, solid basis for a game that at the moment is somewhat directionless. Time will tell if they try to push it in the #esports direction which would focus on pc oriented patches and decisions leaning towards competitive play, or if they just want to make a mildly competitive but mostly casual shooter for all platforms.
>>
File: 1409630808061 - Copy (259).png (257 KB, 516x526) Image search: [Google]
1409630808061 - Copy (259).png
257 KB, 516x526
>>
>>343102823

I have a team of 6 jimbo. Though luck.

Will be getting dem golden weps.
>>
File: Genjifedora.jpg (62 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Genjifedora.jpg
62 KB, 500x375
>>343102964
>I only play serious and hardcore games for hardcore gamers like myself
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 600x315
Extremely fun casual shooter with neat characters and potentially hilarious abilities. The POTG system/end-of-match upvoting makes you feel good about yourself for playing moderately well and there is enough variety in the roster that it hasn't gotten old even 60+ hours in for me. And roadhog is insanely fun to play and land hooks. Best game of the year IMHO next to dark souls 3, and I'll be playing it for a long time.
>>
>>343092604
Pretty much. At this point in my life I just want something fun. Overwatch is casual but I don't even mind, I love switching heroes and trying different strategies. The team size makes it interesting cause you can't see everyone at the same time.
>>
>>343102879
See
>>343102916
>>
>>343103182
I feel the same. Fun game, 8/10. It's great if I don't feel like diving into anything with substance; I can just boot up Overwatch and bash out a few matches.
>>
File: 1343923865935.png (89 KB, 320x683) Image search: [Google]
1343923865935.png
89 KB, 320x683
>35/5 with Winston
>Still lose
I FUCKING HATE MY TEAM
I ONLY GET PAIRED UP WITH SHITTERS
>>
>>343102650

The first point is tough but if you can take that the rest of the map is fairly easy for attackers.
>>
It's fun.
>>
>>343103242
It is without doubt a pain in the ass to attack, this is true. All I was contesting was the specific claim that only 3 heroes could access it.
>>
File: szMsu[1].png (69 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
szMsu[1].png
69 KB, 225x225
>>343103394
>>
>>343102967

I'm glad that they are releasing different patches already for PC and consoles. So the casuals can have fun on consoles while the PC is tuned to be more competitive.
>>
File: stallthepoint.png (359 KB, 899x1481) Image search: [Google]
stallthepoint.png
359 KB, 899x1481
Why can't I push Mei when she's in ice?
I should be able to monkey slap her shit off the point if I'm enraged.
>>
>>343102556
It will be people memeing out with some ebin team builds that they saw some MLGfag using.

So get ready for all those Torbs, Widowmakers and Symmetras!
>>
>>343092147
I hate it, i can't hold this next level of marketing of the first shit blizzard put out their asses not much about the game himself tho
>>
>>343092147
I hated it (opinion), it's garbage that funnyjunk retards enjoy(fact).
>>
File: ow.png (54 KB, 757x534) Image search: [Google]
ow.png
54 KB, 757x534
I like it a lot, really fun with friends, Pharmercy combo is an absolute blast, I like all the supports in the game.
>>
>>343096637
waaah ubercharge punishes good players because I never kill healer first
>>
pretty great but i don't like how linear the maps are, and how the 'free' maps all force you onto the same point (greece, china, nepal) ignoring all the cool passageways that surround them.
>>
Played it for 50 hours shortly after release. Now I'm bored of it, and it's shitty community. I can't play more than one game without getting bored.
>>
>>343100538
op said free of trolling, nigger
>>
if you have bastion, tobjorn, hanzo or soldier 72 in your top 3 most played, congratulation on being cancer

otherwise fun game
>>
>>343103160
This thread is full of projection like your post, like those who also call out this game for its step back in fps design, others tell them to "get gud" when they've already hit the damn ceiling.

It'd be funny to see any Overwatch player try TF2 vanilla, Battlefield 4, Painkiller, Quake 3/Live, etc. They'd probably be confused with even the basic gameplay of any of them, lest the meta interactions like BF or the map strategies of Quake.
>>
>>343093858

[SPOILER]YOU LITERALLY JUST SUCK, THIS IS NOT THE FAULT OF THE DEVELOPER[/SPOILER]

I hope this helps :)
>>
>>343092147

Is the dev team still planning on adding Warcraft/WoW lore related characters to the game?

I looked at the rooster of characters and none of them interest me, I don't play alot of Blizzard games so I don't know these characters
>>
people keep saying the maps are bad - what do you find bad about them?
>>
It's a game I wasn't particularly interested in. I only bought it because literally everyone I know is playing it, and I'm always bitching about all my friends playing different games. It's easy to slap together a crew and go pub stomping.

Glad I didn't get The Division, though. That's a game everyone WAS playing but now it's dead.
>>
>>343104810

I like most of the maps, problem is some suffer from big chokepoint issues, most of the 1st areas of the assault maps, watchpoint gibraltar's hangar area. I don't think they're bad though, just sometimes these points can be problematic.
>>
File: eyes.png (275 KB, 1362x915) Image search: [Google]
eyes.png
275 KB, 1362x915
>>343104552
>He thinks tf2 vanilla and Battlefield 4 are hard to pick up
Anon they are first person shooters.
Literally point and click shooty shoot.
Overestimating how much thought go into these games, Besides Quake which has a fairly higher skill ceiling, those other games aren't nearly as difficult to get good at.

>>343104641
>Can't spoiler
Embarrassing.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.