[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ark
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Is Ark worth buying at almost 50% off on steam? I never see it discussed here, is it still an optimized piece of shit or is it enjoyable now? It seems to have good reviews on steam
>>
>unoptimized
>one of those games that will be on early access forever
>>
>>343082539
Don't they actually update it frequently though? Didn't they recently release a new map and dinos and shit? Or is this going to end up like Dayz
>>
Its basically Rust with dinosaurs. Kinda unoptimized though. dont bother if you dont have a decent cpu/gpu
>>
File: ark.png (69 KB, 347x145) Image search: [Google]
ark.png
69 KB, 347x145
>>343081440
At 50 hours I thought it was amazing.
At 100 hours i was enjoying being in a big tribe.
At 400 hours we controlled the north and seas.
At 600 hours the fun started to die.
At 890 hours I log in and see everyone else stopped too.

Met about 40 players over a few servers who are friends on them. About 750 hours were from a distant server so I had a lot of issues due to the distance.

Granted for the price at least half of that time was good.
>>
>>343082750
I'd say worse off than DayZ because they practically refuse to optimize despite the community begging them to do so, instead preferring to dump even more unoptimized content into the game to keep people intrested and to headline on Steams "recently updated" page with cool looking content.

DayZ on the other hand while development is at an ever classic Bohemia crawl it is none the less there in the areas it needs to be. Not too long ago they had a massive optimization update that allowed even my Intel HD4000 laptop to run at a stable 40-60fps and on my main rig 100+fps even in big cities.
>>
>>343083403
That is disappointing, I wonder if the game itself is actually enjoyable and how it's doing on xbone
>>
I bought it and tried it out, there were chinks everywhere, even on my EU servers

Seemed kinda fun regardless, I wasn't sure what I was doing most of the time
>>
>>343082539
wrong, the amount of content is far and beyond, there's a huge plan for this game and they are actually doing stuff very actively. This will definitely release.
>>343083403
The devs stated that optimization currently is useless, they can optimize but given the constant changes the "10%" or so "boost" will be gone by the next patch.
It's by common sense one of the last steps, and Dayz has been around for ages.

The community begs, but most of them hardly have a clue. In the long run they'll run it just fine, just not now. OP it depends on your machine really, on a very good machine you're gonna have lots of fun. lots.
>>
>>343083814
Most active complainers have already squeezed about around 1000 hours out of the game, usually more. If that's any indication. I personally still have crazy fun with it and do recommend, but it again, depends on your machine.
>>
>>343084151
I have an r9 390x, 16gb of rem and an old overclocked i5-2500k, I remember trying it when it was free for a weekend or something and literally getting 7fps on low
>>
>>343084151
My point is they will never get around to optimizing because they will never stop pushing out content in a last ditch attempt to stay relevant.
>>
>>343084470
Ditto. The game is poorly optimised for AMD GPUs.
>>
>>343081440
No
I jumped the gun and got it on sale and I've been waiting ages for it to get playable and enjoyable
Just wait for it to leave early access (probably won't happen, but with all the constant changes it will only be fun once they stop updating it)
It's also not fun if you don't have friends to play with and 50+ hours a week of free time
>>
>>343085810
I don't understand how it has an active userbase if it is this unplayable
>>
>>343086051
Depends on your computer, some people are willing to put up with a lot, but my computer can run it fine, I was more talking about the time requirement
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.