[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo 3DS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: 4L_xY7GaRrl.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
4L_xY7GaRrl.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
Did anyone actually use the 3d feature on this thing past the first week of having one? We could've had a higher-resolution screen if it weren't for that gimmick that doesn't even work half the time due to the system not being strong enough to render things twice.
>>
>>343080453
i cant play without it, ever since ive gotten mine ive always had it up so ive gotten really used to it

the only times ive put it down is when the frames would drop
>>
The 3D does work all the time in most games, though.
>>
>>343080453
I can't wait for this 3D meme to finally fuck off.
>>
>>343080453
Always use it, unless framerate drops to shit which only happens with games made by garbage developers i.e gamefreak.
>>
>>343080453
Everyone who doesn't use it has eye problems.
>>
I tried to use it, but found myself concentrating more on holding the 3ds in the same position than actually enjoying the game.
>>
Some games look good with it, like VLR.
>>
My eyes are all kinds of fucked and I could never play 3d and still be able to see what was going on. So 2d for ever
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (297 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
297 KB, 1920x1080
Which game in your opinion has the best 3D effects and how could you possibly say anything but Sonic 2?
>>
File: 1325323159759.jpg (6 KB, 197x200) Image search: [Google]
1325323159759.jpg
6 KB, 197x200
>>343080453
>ways the 3ds could be better
-remove 3D gimmick shit. no one uses it.
-change name to DS-HD and use the 3D money to improve the top screen
-improve cpu/memory to that of at least an iphone 5s
-make two analogs standard and position second analog asymmetrical
-add bumpy grips to analog rubber
-make charger cable usb and allow transfer with pc
-remove cameras because waste and spend money on improving quality of case and screen
-allow 128gb native for SD
-make sure it's powerful enough to allow n64 and gamecube games on the virtual store(maybe even wii)
-create headset with mic so we can voice during online games
>>
>>343080453
Ironically 2D games were the only ones that made good use of the feature.
>>
No. Stupid gimmick.
>>
I like that feature but it is almost impossible to see something on O3DS in games which require lots of button mashing.
>>
>>343082126
>-make sure it's powerful enough to allow n64 and gamecube games on the virtual store(maybe even wii)
No way man. I agree with everything else though.
>>
I love it, always have it on. Then again, I have a new 3DS XL with improved 3D. Love playing Monster Hunter in 3D!
>>
>>343080453
I use it all the time, on some games its useless but in most games its really nice.
>>
>>343080453
I love it in Animal Crossing.
>>
I use the 3d feature in every game.
>>
>>343080453
3D works fairly better on the regular 3DS model.
>>
>>343082126
>change name to DS-HD

>not HDS

that's why they'll never offer you a job, anon
>>
>>343080453
I turned it on to help judge depth while catching bugs in AC or jumping to shit in 3d platformers.

Other than that I didnt use it much.
>>
File: 20160331144459.png (466 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
20160331144459.png
466 KB, 640x640
>>343083763
>HDS
>implying that's not NXs real name
>>
It causes me huge eye strain whenever a foreground 3D object is placed in front of a depth-based 3D background, if anyone knows what I mean.

It does work very well if they don't go overboard with the 3D, though.

Also, does anyone else get difficulty on the new3DS? The head tracking for 3D never wants to work right and it always makes the 3D flicker. I find it easier to just have static 3D and hold the console the right way than it is to have head tracking 3D and trying to look at the screen perfectly so it won't flicker
>>
>>343082081
Pilotwings resort.

The 3D is so strong it crosses your eyes.
>>
>>343082081
Revelaitons
>>
>>343082081
3D Land made good use of it without going overboard, considering it was a launch title and needed to show it off.
>>
>higher resolution screen at the cost of performance and battery life
Graphicsfags are worserer than namegaffing tb h.

Yes I use the 3D for games that take advantage of it.
>>
>>343085360
Are you implying that 3d doesn't drain battery life?
>>
File: 3D_GIF.gif (443 KB, 455x500) Image search: [Google]
3D_GIF.gif
443 KB, 455x500
>Play Ace Combat
The 3D effect does fucking nothing. I am not sure if the AA kills it, or if they forgot how 3D worked

>Play Super Mario 3DS
3D effect is okay, but not great, due that insane Alias and weird camera angles

>Play Aeterno Blade
3D adds fucking nothing. Even with 3D on, most of the screer smears together into a single layer

>Play 3DS Shantae
10/10 and INSANE 3D depth. Got confused against final boss because he was in the wrong depth layer

>Play Streets of Rage 3D
It looks great and adds depth(literal)

>Play Altered Beast 3D
Adds fucking nothing

>Play
>>
>>343080453

I use it all the time unless I'm trying to save battery

Most of the time it's just an aesthetic thing, but it provides an objective advantage when you can't use the ground for depth perception, such as flying in Kid Icarus or underwater in MH3U

I actually found myself wanting to turn 3D on in systems that didn't have it, like on Gravity Rush and te Blooodstained demo

It weirds me out that other people don't use it
>>
File: CaQmAnJWkAA0rNm.jpg (48 KB, 600x539) Image search: [Google]
CaQmAnJWkAA0rNm.jpg
48 KB, 600x539
When it first came out, I tought it was a stupid gimmick, but now I love the 3D. Nintendo managed to give me something I didn't even know I wanted, which was depth perception in video games. Super Mario 3d land played perfectly on the 3ds because I was able to tell where I was going to land without having to look at Mario's shadow. 3d world on the other hand, gave me such a hard time. I kept falling off platforms, missing jumps on enemies, failing to collect items, and all because I couldn't tell where I was on the Z-axis.
>>
>>343082081

The real answer is OutRun 3D

That shit is -crisp-.
>>
I like the 3D but bright objects on dark backgrounds tend to become doubled and it messes up otherwise a good gimmick.

Having to keep the console completely still not to break the 3D effect sucks, especially on the original 3DS. Can't really use it while playing in bed or hold it comfortably because you have to hold it so close to your face.
>>
>>343085507
I'm willing to bet its less than getting a 720p screen on there. I mean the system already has like a 5 hour battery life while using WiFi.

Just wait for the NX.

Also
>>343082126
>place second stick asymmetrical
Nigga, stop and never touch my 3DS.
>>
I use it on almost every title. Love it
>>
>>343080453
Nope, never turned it on because the games I play only have some obligatory 3D for being on the system.
>>
Never used it. I can kinda see it but it looks like garbage anyways. While you're at it, remove the second screen and make the next handheld a Vita with games.
>>
>>343080453

Some games use it well others just shove it in, 3D Land did surprisingly well to help with depth perception

2D games look the best with it, Project X Zone 2, Sticker Star and Paper Jam are my favorite

I'm currently doing it with Rhythm Heaven, looks neat
>>
File: Screenshot_87.png (340 KB, 514x435) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_87.png
340 KB, 514x435
>>343085869
I met a friend who has one of the newer VR headsets (not gonna mention brand because something something shill paranoia) and I was kind of in the same boat.

3D's actually pretty cool and we're just so used to it being gimmicky bullshit that we hate it before we try. If VR ever gets less expensive I can see it blowing up or even becoming the norm. I'm not even usually one to go on about "immersion" as important as it is, but holy fuck that shit's freaky in a good way.
>>
Been using it since day one with a 3DS. It's great.

The best visual advancement since we got to the technical level of the PS3. A shame it can't be done on TVs without glasses.
>>
Works great with the New 3DS. I used to think that the head-tracking idea was stupid and never works, but it really does.

First gen 3DS though...yeah, it looks good but it's a pain in the arse trying to align your head and stay still without it ghosting.
>>
I use it all the time but usually at the lowest setting. Its a nice effect in a lot of games.

I didn't like the head-tracking for the N3DS though. Maybe it was my glasses or I just had a shitty one.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.