[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know why the Wii U is doing so bad. My nephews go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7
I don't know why the Wii U is doing so bad. My nephews go crazy playing Mario Kart 8. I don't think I was ever *that* excited playing video games in my life.
>>
People simply stop caring about Nintendo games. MK8 is pretty good. I played with two of my men yesterday online, and we had so much fun... but people nowadays prefeer other kind of experiences that Nintendo consoles don´t have.
>>
>>343064624
I swear Nintendo still has the magic. But they're stifling themselves.
>>
>>343066846
It's undeniable they have very talented developers, I mean nintendo games these days don't have a ton of noticeable bugs like other games these days, but I can't help but think nintendo just didnt know what to do with them the past few years. The new zelda looks fantastic and I really hope nintendo can turn this into a nice streak of games, instead of making another shitty mario party or whatever
>>
>>343064624
That is untrue

The attachment rate is so high for the Wii U, and Mk8 is the best selling exclusive

Nintendo games have power

They just didn't market the Wii U
>>
People enjoy MK8 and most of their other Wii U releases (barring the filler shit like Mario Tennis they rush out), but it has now been established in the public mindset that Nintendo hardware is "just" for games, meaning all-in-one multimedia devices like the Xbone or PS4 or tablets or smartphones are a better purchase.
>>
>>343067470
Best selling exclusive of this entire generation, to add on
>>
File: 1433894308451.jpg (34 KB, 540x390) Image search: [Google]
1433894308451.jpg
34 KB, 540x390
People want Nintendo games
People do not want Nintendo hardware

At least console wise.
It's why so many people clamor for them to go third party.
>>
>>343063471
because 3rd-party games sell consoles now
>>
>>343063471
The weird thing about the Wii U is that games on it are selling like hotcakes, but the Console itself isn't. It's the opposite problem that the PS4 has.
I blame the fact that the Wii U's launch wasn't just bad, but poorly marketed.
>>
>>343063471
Because you have terrible taste in games
>>
>>343063471
>Wii era
>At EB Games
>A couple of kids are looking at the Mario Kart Wii display
>They comment on how childish and colourful it looks
>>
It's 100% because of marketing.

If they put more effort into marketing, more people would buy their systems and games. That's just how it works.

Anyone who says "oh, they need F-Zero," or "oh, they need powerful hardware" is delusional.
>>
>>343067637
I blame it on the fact that the console is still like 250€, despite most people only wanting to play like 3 or 4 games tops on it.
The people who decide to buy a Wii U, buy every Nintendo title plus every JRPG 200hours farmbot on it
>>
>>343067923
>Tokyo Mirage
SHUT UP!
>>
>>343067908
They NEED games like COD and GTA on their consoles without gimmick controls and with comparable hardware to the PS4/xbone if they want to sell consoles.

You know it to be true,
>>
>>343068202
Fuck off retard. Nobody buys Nintendo consoles for AAA games
>>
>>343068202

The people who dedicated their time/money towards CoD already have a year of PS+ or XBL invested into their current console, the consoles where their friends are also already playing. What fucking chad is going to switch over to Nintendo hardware for Call of Duty?
>>
>>343063471
Gee I dunno OP. You'd think people would want to pay the same price for ten year old tech! Why would anyone want a more up to date infrastructure with adequate hardware so more games release on a system that aren't balloon popping phone games? Haha, who would ever want that!

The other consoles may not be top of the line pc's, but they're for more worth the money than a Wii U is.
>>
File: mk5nO7Z.gif (534 KB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
mk5nO7Z.gif
534 KB, 427x240
>Your tingly tatas when Nintendo keeps fucking up and everyone just tells them to fuck off.
>>
>>343068970
>Sonyggers still THIS mad

calm down
>>
OP here. I just beat one of my nephews in Mario Kart for the first time, and he's devastated.
He got super depressed as soon as I passed him on the track. Literally changed from jumping with joy in front of the TV when he was beating me, to hunched over on the floor because I was like 10 yards ahead.
>>
>>343069539
I bet you defend Color Splash like a cock sucking bitch, huh? Keep on keepin on, brother. Nintendo will surely reward you some day.
>>
>>343063471
Well congratu-fucking-lations, but your nephews aren't the ones who buy consoles and the games, are they?
>>
>>343070636
Nope, but my brother does. And he doesn't mind throwing money at video games.
>>
>>343067562
I just want animal crossing with the steam workshop and splatoon with a mouse.
>>
>>343070756
Your brother doesn't mind burning money? Yay I guess?
>>
Reminder that consolewar/brand loyalty faggotry is cancer.
If there's games you enjoy on the system you own, there's nothing wrong with buying it.
>>
>>343070998
But if those were things, then you could potentially mod the games, and Nintendo thinks mods are pure evil, considering them criminal conduct.
>>
>>343071018
When you have a real job, purchasing a Wii U and some games is a big deal. It's especially worth giving your kids some of the most fun they will have in their early years. You should see how retardedly happy they are playing the game. They don't give a fuck about specs. They likely will in a few more years, but for now, all they know is Mario Kart is awesome.
>>
>>343071356
They could do that anyway without ripping off parents with 10-15 year old tech.
>>
What makes a console succeed is not a exquisite selection of AAA titles, but a fuckton of average shit (see N64 vs PS1 for reference, although the N64 beats the WiiU by several miles).

Don't ask me why, I don't get it either.
>>
>>343071463
It's only 300 bucks bundled with MK8. That's ripping people off?
>>
>>343071852
Yeah you stupid
>>
>>343063471

My housemate picked up Mario Kart Wii during half term here (she'd a teacher) and got addicted so I bought Mario Kart 8 and she hasn't stopped playing it. The last game she played was Simpsons Hit and Run on the PS2.

Three of us played Mario Bros. U the other day and holy fuck that was fun.

People can shit on Nintendo all they want but they have a magic that no one else can touch.
>>
>>343071852
It should be 150-200 at most. For 300 you might as well buy two 3DS to play multiplayer 3ds games with your kids. Better library, better price, far more good games.
>>
>>343071852
The xbone and ps4 do the same thing (near identical pricepoints) all the while keeping superior tech. The Wii U is overpriced only because of its shitty tablet/controller hybrid. It should be $200-$250.
>>
>>343072391
>>343072298
MK8 is a 60 dollar game. So the wii U is really only 240 with the tablet. And yea, the tablet cost money too. I don't know why you think it should be free. The kids love that thing too, btw. They play off screen all the time, and they've become 100% adapted to using touchscreen. It's really second nature to them.

You guys are really exaggerating the price.
>>
>>343063471

your nephews haven't been given phones yet
>>
>>343072997
They play with my brother's phone all the time. He gives it to them to keep them occupied.
>>
>>343063471
that reminds me, what ever came of that tweet from NoE where they hinted at more DLC for MK8?
>>
>>343072880
>MK8 is a 60 dollar game.
Because Nintendo price gouges their games. Normally it would've already fallen to 30 or 40.
>>
>>343067637
That's because the only ones buying it are diehard Nintendo fanboys.
>>
>>343073131
Is there any reason to lower the price other than "well OTHER companies are doing it."?
>>
>>343067470
No.

Mario Kart comes BUNDLED with the Wii U, or it was for at least 2 years, through holiday seasons.

Just like how Splatoon was bundled and now is listed at being at 4 million sold.

Just like how Wii Sports is the best selling game of all time.

Just correcting you. The numbers are meaningless.
>>
File: 1454261472402.gif (839 KB, 450x402) Image search: [Google]
1454261472402.gif
839 KB, 450x402
>>343073538
Yes, it's called competition ya bloody moron.
>>
>>343073692
Right, so I see where your priorities are. You don't factor the quality of the product at all. You only think about how companies compete. Like consoles are sports teams.
>>
>>343073845
Or you're just retarded and can't understand that both can mingle. Never pursue anything economical.
>>
>>343073939
I asked for a reason, and you gave me bullshit about competition. Which really speaks to Nintendo's business strategy, and doesn't address how $60 is "gouging" customers. What do you have to say that's relevant to customers? Why should Nintendo lower the price for them? Clearly, they think that never lowering prices works for the business or brand, otherwise they wouldn't do it. So give me the customer's appraisal instead.
>>
>>343073845
Keeping the price as high as it is just ensures nobody else will buy it. The people who were willing to fork over 60 bucks for already have. Nintendos shit stinks like everyone else, they don't get a pass to say their experiences are good enough, especially on a dead console, to keep the prices as high as they are. At this point anyone who may want to buy MK8 is going to wait until the games get tossed into a bargain bin for ten bucks when the systems and games are removed from stores. I'd say they'd be making room for NX but after the Wii U who knows if stores will give a damn to give it much shelf space.
>>
>>343063471

Kids are mostly playing tablet and mobile games these days. Nintendo's market dried up.
>>
>>343074410

It's not nintendo that sells the fucking consoles out of shops you twat
>>
>>343074303
>I asked for a reason, and you gave me bullshit about competition.
I can't even tell if this is bait or not
Competition is the SOLE reason why you would ever lower your prices in the first place.
>>
>>343063471
>I don't know why the Wii U is doing so bad. My nephews go crazy playing Mario Kart 8
mario kart 8 came out in 2014.
there's just not enough good games on wiiu, and the console is too expensive for what it offers.
>>
>>343074410
You realize that the term "price gouging" implies some form of unethicality, right?
For example: the demand for a product increases, and so does the price. Because they know they can get away with it, since the demand is there.

Or taking something vitally important like medicine, and charging a lot, because they know people will pay to stay alive.

If you are stating what I think you are stating, then Nintendo isn't price gouging. Because they don't have the audience of the PS4 to make such demands. And they don't have the vital importance of say, the window operating system to make such demands. They are pricing what they deem to be fair for the quality of their product, and remaining consistent, despite fluxuating demand.

>>343074673
If that is true, then why do you care? Are you invested in Nintendo? No? Then why are you in their pockets?
>>
>>343075487
>vital importance of say, the window operating system

What the hell are you talking about?
Most people could switch to a Linux distro and have practically no problems. (Of course the story is significantly different for people that enjoy video games.)
The only reason people stay on Windows is, because that's what everyone uses.
I have slight hopes Windows 10 will make people do the switch, but considering Windows 8 didn't manage to scare them off, I wouldn't bet on it. It's simply the OS that comes pre-installed on the systems they buy and they don't know how to change it.
>>
>>343075487
I wasn't the one saying they were gouging. Just saying that by how "well" the Wii U has sold, their prices staying as they are is stupid. They aren't going to get any more sales of MK8 or Hyrule Warriors as examples to justify the 60 dollar price tag. The Wii U failed, it didn't sell well, and keeping it the price it is just comes off as retarded. They should be bending over backwards lowering prices trying to get people to buy it up before they drop the NX.

I'd pick up Hyrule Warriors if it was 30, but not for 60, especially on a dead console.
>>
I think kids are just as equally excited about GTA 5 as they are Mario Kart
>>
>>343076305
My friend tried to get me on Linux, it's not just bad with games. It's incompatible with so much. Everything requires some backaswards method in order to get working. I just recently upgraded to windows 10, after hearing all the horror stories. And so far, it works just fine. It's not cumbersome at all. It's a little pushy with trying to get me to use their cloud services. But I just tell them no. I'm sure they're doing all kinds of invasive shit under the hood, but I don't notice it. The experiences between windows 10 and linux are miles apart. Linux will never reach the casual consumer. If you want to play games, you MUST have windows.
>>
File: 1434329135614.png (21 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1434329135614.png
21 KB, 500x500
Because most people who buy Nintendo consoles are people who have been there since they were kids, hence why they keep rehashing the same games and always appealing to nostalgia, plus lack of third party, normie trash alienates people who only want to play Fifa or Call of Duty.
>>
File: 3991905207_4e3dff7637.jpg (161 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
3991905207_4e3dff7637.jpg
161 KB, 500x375
>>343063471
MK8 was the only reason to buy the console.

That and Splatoon, that's all
>>
>>343076408
Well I was arguing against the guy who said they were gouging. When you take that element out of the conversation, then it changes the conversation into something else. Something I'm not really concerned about. I'm not invested in Nintendo. I don't care about their business strategy. It will be a shame should they fail, but ultimately, it has no affect on my life, other than losing the potential of playing the IPs I enjoy.
>>
File: weebshit (72).jpg (141 KB, 708x354) Image search: [Google]
weebshit (72).jpg
141 KB, 708x354
All they really even need to do is just release a sequel to a popular game.

Super Mario Sunshine 2
Kirby Air Ride 2
Mario Kart: Double Dash 2
etc

They could also just remake a hugely popular game, like Melee. If they remade Melee, do you fucking know how much cash they would make from autists if they kept the exact same engine and art style, but just upgraded the graphics to current gen?

Why the FUCK does Nintendo hate money?
>>
>>343077026
A lot of the IPs I used to enjoy from Nintendo are dead to them. I wouldn't mind seeing them fail just so said franchises could rest in peace.
>>
>>343077135

The first 3 games you mentioned did not sell all that great, though, relative to other games in their series.

Only Air Ride gets a pass because it's not the same genre as other Kirby games, but even then, the only thing I hear people like about it is City Trial. Nobody gushes over the actual racing.

Nintendo doesn't hate money, which is why they won't throw some of it away just to appease a handful of spergs who scream the loudest.
>>
>>343068202
They had CoD. It didn't do dick.
>>
>>343076872
why the fuck are the shell casings exploding?
>>
>>343079714
someone is shooting them
>>
>>343077135
is this bait or delusion?
>>
>>343067923
Exactly this, I'd only buy a WiiU for Smash, Mario Kart, Bayonetta and I'm probably only forgetting less than 5 more games
>>
Why the fuck are the hard drives so small? Some games alone take it all up.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.