[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gentlemen Im looking for good base building games.. No specific
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: latest-1.png (232 KB, 555x401) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.png
232 KB, 555x401
Gentlemen

Im looking for good base building games..
No specific genre like survival or rts required

Also i would like to know if there is a game where you can freely build structures and have npc's assigned to work in them.
>>
File: Pharaoh-for-mac-screenshot.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Pharaoh-for-mac-screenshot.png
1 MB, 1024x768
There's a whole genre dedicated to this kind of gameplay called "city builder" games. Have you really never heard of it?
>>
>>343063124
You have some recommendations friend?
>>
File: Dwarf Fortress.jpg (7 KB, 211x228) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Fortress.jpg
7 KB, 211x228
>>343063010
Dorf Fort
>>
>>343063218
classics
>Zeus
>Caeser III
>Pharaoh
>>
>>343063124
Also ive been a console peasant most of my life, just recently got liberated
>>
>>343063218
Not that anon, but the game in the screenshot is called Pharaoh. Zeus/Poseidon and Emperor are basically the same but in Greek and Chinese settings respectively and they all hold up really well.

There's also the Anno and Tropico series, Banished, and of course more dedicated city simulators like Sim City and Cities: Skylines.
>>
All the games >>343063331 posted are very similar, and made by the same guys. Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom was their latest one, IIRC.

You might also want to check the Sim City, Anno and Stronghold series.
>>
>>343063218
>>343063331
Also Settlers IV (and probably other titles, but that's the only one I played), all kinds of Sim Cities and its new spiritual successor Cities: Skylines.
>>
File: sierra.jpg (8 KB, 324x225) Image search: [Google]
sierra.jpg
8 KB, 324x225
Just look for the seal of quality
>>
Op here, thanks guys for the recommendations im gonna check em out.

But im still wondering is there a game where you can build towns in first or third person and have npc settle them?
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/impressionsgames

Has info on how to play the caesar/pharaoh/etc games on modern resolutions.

Also: love the comfy music of these games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4Wm6Fr915k
>>
>>343063941
Banished
>>
>>343063941
Banished, or if you're looking for something a little more unique, check out Black & White.
>>
>>343064156
I fucking loved black and white! Where can i get that game? I recently looked and its not on steam
>>
>>343064324
No idea, my dad bought it for me when it first came out. Doubt you can get a legitimate digital copy anywhere.
>>
>>343063124
this. I've played a shit ton of zeus and emperor back in the day

never played pharaoh, is it good/better?
>>
>>343064680
Honestly, it's about the same. Did you ever want Zeus but with irrigation? Play Pharaoh.
>>
>>343065354
I was retarded when I played Emperor which has irrigation I think.

Never knew how to use it. I fucking suck balls man
>>
Actraiser is cool
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.