[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me your honest opinion of this game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 17
File: 9TFrEgZ.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
9TFrEgZ.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Give me your honest opinion of this game
>>
I thought this game was great. I didn't buy it but rather watched a let's play of it when it came out. Was really cool and I'm sure it was worth the money... but my computer at the time wasn't good enough for it.
>>
>>343058841
i had a game breaking bug on freedom calls and i never played again.
>>
It's fun in a boring something to do way.
>>
A SHIT
>>
>>343058841
I couldn't get immersed in it like new Vegas, not happy most of the RPG elements are gone. The only thing I liked was being in power armor.
>>
>>343058841
SHIT
>>
>>343058841
Fallout 4 is not an RPG
>>
>>343058841
TERMINADERS
DINDU
NUFFIN
>>
Disappointing in almost every way
>>
Turbonormienigger shit.
>>
gotyay
>>
File: metal gear.jpg (35 KB, 626x304) Image search: [Google]
metal gear.jpg
35 KB, 626x304
>>343058841
It's fun, but some people don't like certain things in the game for example:
>Hero with one past, so lack of roleplaying
>Game is more action than dice roll oriented
>Dialogs, voiced character etc,
Game is not at all bad, but if you are going to buy it I'd recommend visiting nexus for some mods like better dialogs, if one past worries you there's a mod for multiple pasts to choose from, craftable ammo (lack of ammo is annoying as fuck in the game) and so on....
pic related, vanilla dialogs in nutshell
>>
>>343058841
meh
>>
>>343058841
had no fun
>No fun loving unique weapons
>shit tier story
>character development was boring

the only good thing to come out of this game was piper being a qt3.14
>>
>>343058841
They somehow managed to make a worse fallout game than fallout 3
>>
Fucking awful
>>
>>343058985
Same
>>
>>343058841
I can say straight up that I enjoyed it for the most part. The only problem I had was with the actual story, where I got pretty bored of all the factions being pricks.
I played it again recently to try survival mode and that breathed some new life into for a bit until the lack of fast travel got overwhelmingly tedious even with the frequent use of vertibirds.
I ask, again as someone who did like it, if you guys think the far harbor dlc is worth £20 or if there's a chance it will drop price?
>>
Survival mode makes the game 100 times more fun, if you're not a huge pussy, and you can deal with no fast travel or manual/quick saves. It makes the stakes a lot higher, and encourages careful exploration of your surroundings (you never know when you might find a bed or sleeping bag tucked away somewhere, and sleeping is the only way to save). Also, being able to pick up empty bottles and fill them at a water source is awesome.
>>
>>343058841

The Last of Us with Guns
>>
I had a blast playing through survival mode and then I got a bug where I couldnt run and it killed it for me. Never finished the game.
>>
File: 1466599401278.png (2 MB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1466599401278.png
2 MB, 1000x1500
>>343058841
Bough it twice, it was that good.
Had tons of fun with it, so many interesting quests, so many suprising twists. Game of the Year 2015, the only thing better than Fallout 4 is the Remastered Edition of our... I mean Bethesda's other masterpiece, Skyrim, which I say you should buy today!
>>
It was alright, nothing to write home about though
>>
>>343059751
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>343059751
get out of here Todd
>>
>>343059845
It's actually called Toddposting
>>
File: children of my ass.jpg (348 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
children of my ass.jpg
348 KB, 1920x1080
>>343059683
Just finished playing Far Harbor
I think it took me something around six to eight hours to finish it and it was fun.
Some great new weapons, great fucked up groups of people. (with children of atom you hunt down heretics), new enemies, some great story quests. But It's in my opinion way too short, if I followed just main story the dlc would take me about 1 -2 hours. If you like exploring I'd give it a try, but if you like just quests I suggest for a price drop.
>>
I really like it. First Fallout game I actually enjoyed (only tried the modern ones though, 3, NV, 4).

Hopefully the next Elder Scrolls game will have the Legendary enemies & weapons, and the settlement building features they introduced in FO4.
>>
>>343060097
Hello again Todd
>>
>>343058841
What little I did play, I enjoyed. Got up to where you first get the power armor, so not long. Stopped playing cus my pc couldn't handle it, pirated it so no loss.

It's bullshit though, since I can run mgs v and witcher 3, which both look ten times better than any fucking thing ever made in gamebryo.
>>
The gameplay isnt that bad but the 4 dialogue options of everything and the changes in the stats/skills/perks system pissed me off so much that I only played for about 5 hours before giving up.

I mean, I expect a little effort on the writing and the roleplay part of a rpg game.
>>
>>343058841
I think it was an alright game that I no longer play
>>
>>343058841
It's alright if you can look past the fact it's not an RPG and just a post apocalyptic game with the Fallout name and theme attached
>>
>>343060030
Finally gave the children of atom something to do then? Maybe I missed it in the main game but I saw no quests that actually gave you any sort of interaction with them apart from searching for Vergil. They seemed like another possible faction but there was no way of integrating with them, and they attacked on sight during random encounters and stuff.
Just would have been cool to join a group that's main goal could have been to nuke the place again or some equally batshit endgame.
>>
>>343058841
It alright
>>
>>343058841
I really tried to like it. I was even able to tolerate the bad voice acting and shitty base building shit. But the quests were tiring at best and boring at there worst. I don't even think I made it half way through.

Plus, it's 2016. There's no excuse for progression bugs. Fuck that noise.
>>
>>343058841
It depends on the circumstances
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8akM5pAlNg
>>
>>343060757
Actually you can join them and help them destroy far harbor by disabeling the mist generators or whatever they are called.
When I first started to helping them I walked up to the nucleus in the quest to find Dima's memories, they told me if I want to join I need to take a drink from some spring in the food and get a vision or die.
After that you are part of the family.
>>
+immersive atmosphere
+Smooth gameplay
+detailed visuals

-Worse RP
-Bad story pacing
-Preston Garvey

You can't fix all of that with mods, but ot doesn't hurt to try
>>
>>343058841
I'm only level 27 or something. But I'm enjoying myself.

Could do without all the radiant quests.
>>
Mixed. It suffers from the crime of wasted potential. There are countless moments where you find an item, an area of a shred of lore where you think "oh cool, a sidequest" but it almost never is.

The two examples that come to mind are a racetrack and an arena. Both sugfest bets could be placed, possible player participation, raiders just content to exist. Get within a few feet and every last motherfucker fights to the death. Because no reason.

Then you learn about all the little cuts, silly things like having Dogmeat an another companion, all voiced yet still cut. Or the two above, cut content.

Then there's forced replay, by denying certain outcomes. Then the fact it's near impossible to get a we all friends ending, despite it again being voiced. Or a "screw you all" ending like NV. You never get to call any faction on their shit. The only dialogue choice is four flavours of yes.

It's a mess that wastes hours of dialogue on scripted reactions you may never trigger and has pitiful small amounts of sidequests. Let's not even start on Legendary drops, infinite settlements needing infinite help, the shoddy building minigame or the woefully small amount of DLC and season pass mess.
>>
File: NOOO.png (1 MB, 2567x895) Image search: [Google]
NOOO.png
1 MB, 2567x895
More of an RPG than Witcher 3
>>
(You)
>>
>>343059453
>No funloving unique weapons

What about 2076 World Series Bat? Broadsider? Artillery? Explosive shotgun/SMG?
>>
>>343062019
>Witcher 3 has less of a modding community
And?
>>
>>343062104
Grognak's Axe, The Deliverer.
>>
>>343060404
>Got up to where you first get the power armor, so not long

Yeah, like 15 fucking minutes unless you literally ignored any quest suggestions.
>>
>>343062019
>not playing the superior drm free gog version of tw3
>>
>>343062019

>not knowing most Witcher 3 players are patricians and play on patrician clients like GoG

Stay steam scrub
>>
shit lore
shit writing
shit visuals
less shit gameplay than the other Bethesda games(still shit)
shit quests

give me a reason to play this over witcher 3
>>
>>343062459
Dogmeat is cute.
>>
Good game but nowhere near as good as New Vegas was and continues to be. Don't buy it until its less than 15 dollars
>>
if you like to shoot shit, it's alright, if you're look for an rpg fps, look elsewhere.
>>
>>343062459
Roach is a moron that dissolves in water.
>>
>>343062459
Nobody's here to make you do anything, Arlis. Go play El Brujaer iffins you want.
>>
>>343058841
>Give me your honest opinion of this game

The worst Morrowind-style Bethesda game.
>>
>>343062602
speak english
>>343062601
still more personality than the MC of fallout
>>
File: 1367958499271.png (14 KB, 376x260) Image search: [Google]
1367958499271.png
14 KB, 376x260
>>343058841

Unimaginative, soulless bullshit.

One of those games that is completely "by the numbers", with no thought or care given to any of its various systems and mechanics. No noteworthy locations or characters, no interesting quests, no memorable weapons, garbage enemy designs, settlement shit was pointless, weapon mods were linear and boring - I could go on.

But by far the worst crime was just how empty and bland the world was, which is unforgivable in a game that's supposed to be about exploration.

>hear about the racetrack
>go there to see if i can bet on races, maybe even cheat and rig it to make more money
>it's just filled with raiders and all you can do is shoot everyone

>hear about the cage fight arena
>go there to compete in matches, win money and glory
>it's just filled with raiders and all you do is shoot everyone

That last one is a godamn war crime. I'm not even joking. If you put some sort of gladiator arena fight thing in your game, and don't let the player take part, you should be tried in the fucking Hague.
>>
What makes this "not an RPG?"

The fact that it's difficult to max out one set of skills versus another?

I don't see much difference between NV, 3, and 4 in this regard 2bh
>>
>>343062746

I completely disagree with you about the lack of interesting locations, weapons, or enemies. I think you didn't play it.
>>
>>343062778
forced backstory and impossible to be a bad guy
youre always either a straight man from boston that served in the us military or a straight married mother from boston that went to and graduated from law school
>>
>>343062898
>I completely disagree with you

That's fine.

>I think you didn't play it.

This is where you act like a retard.
>>
>>343062778
A RPG is a game where you can shape your character.

It's impossible in Fallout 4.
>>
File: 1369540707271.jpg (19 KB, 195x169) Image search: [Google]
1369540707271.jpg
19 KB, 195x169
>>343062898

>names 2 locations the developers did nothing with
>"you didn't even play it!"
>>
>>343062778
Your statistics have two effects on the gameworld, damage and persuasion. Otherwise they just lock you out of perks.
In previous games, your stats would determine competency in skills, alternate dialogue choices and even affect other NPC's perception to you.
>>
Gameplay is a nice improvement over the previous games, but I found the story to be very disappointing.
>>
Enjoying it on PC with the DLC and mods

Some of the questlines are pretty fun and building settlements is comfy.

Ada is my bff
>>
>>343062949
Yeah, but that's the same in New Vegas, too. You can't change who you were prior to the game.

>>343062990
How does one shape their character in NV any differently than in 4?
>>
>>343062746
This.

What makes it worse is they were both 11th hour cut content.
>>
>>343063146
But you can be someone new in every playthrough.

>How it different...?
Skills, also >>343063058
>>
>>343063146
but fo4 forces much more than any other fallout game
in 3 you just grew up in a vault
in nv you were a nameless courier
in 2 you were a tribal
youre free to choose your own history for the most part in them but 4 forces you always play the same person since their backstories are overdetailed and referenced all the time in the game
>>
>>343063052
Who named any locations?
>>
>>343062898

I tried to give it a fair shake, but holy fuck it did absolutely NOTHING with any of the locations.

>smelting area with the flame themed guys
>it's just a huge building full of enemies to shoot

>abandoned township on the coast
>it's just a big area to shoot mirelurks

>tons of places that are for nothing more than clearing out so you can make settlements

It's like every time they had an inkling of a good idea they just said "Fill it with bad guys and call it a day."
>>
File: 35562-1-1288186289.jpg (138 KB, 835x621) Image search: [Google]
35562-1-1288186289.jpg
138 KB, 835x621
>>343058841
It's a good game. It's not a good fallout game, it stripped away all the RPG aspects, and instead gave us a crafting gimmick that seemed shovelled in because it never effected the overall story at all.

Only time crafting was required was when it was first introduced and when you need the teleporter, besides that there was no reason for it to exist.
>>
File: 1349404272950.jpg (42 KB, 205x205) Image search: [Google]
1349404272950.jpg
42 KB, 205x205
>>343063362

The racetrack and the pit fight area, you dunce.
>>
>>343063339
>in nv you were a nameless courier

Only if Lonesome Road isn't canon. Otherwise you're always a guy being repaid by Ulysses for waking up The Divide, shot by Benny.
>>
>>343063339
you can also just ignore your backstory like most people did in 3

I care about my dead wife in 4 as much as I care about my liam neeson dad in 3 which is to say I don't care

3 also had an equally dumb and bad main storyline and ending, 3 even worse because it could have been solved by just having your super mutant companion press the button as he's immune to radiation
>>
Garbage game that I lost complete interest in after the first playthrough, and I wasn't even that interested in the story as it started slipping up and getting boring about halfway into the game.

No replay value at all, tiny map, innovations that were literally just mods that already existed beforehand and your impact on the story itself is minimal.
>>
>>343063486

FO 3 was also a really shitty game, man.

That doesn't excuse FO 4's shittiness.
>>
>>343063405
So you want more friendly areas?
>>
>>343058841
Pretty shit imo. Got my character to around level 45 and then deleted the game because there was nothing making me want to come back for more. Nothing like the old Fallouts. The environment was pretty shitty as well. Didn't feel like fallout at all.
>>
>>343063362
>He didn't refer to Easy City Downs and Combat Zone by name, must mean he didn't play...
That or they were generic raider turkey shoots only memorable for how much potential they wasted.
>>
>>343063568
the main storyline is bad but that's not why you play fallout, certainly not modern fallout anyway
>>
>>343063602

Areas where there is more to do than just kill things? Yeah, that would be nice.

If the focus of the game is on combat, and the combat is shit, what the fuck is left to appreciate?
>>
>>343063476
Yeah, so? Naming two locations doesn't mean he (you) played it.
>>
>>343063482
Tbh New Vegas is the only fallout I've even been able to completely immerse myself into.
>>
>>343058841
when i saw the skill tree i literally cancelled my order
>>
with some time it'll be a better waifu simulator than skyrim
>>
>>343063705
Prove he didn't, prove you did.
Protip, you can't so shut the fuck up and contribute.
>>
>>343062746
Bethesda's current idea of an interesting place is just polygons surrounded by stupid hostile NPCs with barely any voice lines.
And they not only got away with it, but they also were praised.

It's like they looked at fallout NV and saw what it did right and then went right on to do the exact opposite of what they managed to accomplish with that game.

Absolute fucking retards, Todd is a complete waste of life.
>>
>>343063695
>combat is shit

That seems to be the only thing most people actually LIKE about this game .
>>
>>343058841
give it up todd
>>
>>343063705
How is he supposed to prove to you that he played it? Most people barely remember shit about the game and don't even remember most of the places. Literally the Most forgetful fallout yet. lol
>>
>>343058841
worst game bethesda made, which is an achievement in it's own merit
>>
i-it's fun g-guys
send help
>>
Personal game of the year for sure. Made me cry when at the end you met up with android Shaun and he was programmed to think of you as his mother
>>
>>343063705

So what the fuck are you asking for? Photographic evidence? I uninstalled the game months ago.

Nothing I can say will convince you that I played it if you've already made up your mind that I haven't. That's why you're supposed to give me the benefit of the doubt and assume I'm arguing in good faith. Otherwise, why even bother replying to my posts in the first place? That's just borderline shitposting, anon.
>>
I am a huge fallout fan. Admittedly i did enjoy completing the main quest.. And then i haven't played since last year, and most of those 75 hours i have was spent basebuilding. The game just isn't very appealing, the quest chains aren't like in new vegas, there is just no RPG really and the game feels bland and uninteresting. The voice for the main character isn't that bad, but it really limits things and should've just been left out. It's a shame, because imagine if they took everything good about new Vegas, improved it and made fallout 4 with the same passion?
Speaking of which, are the DLCs even worth playing? I heard far harbor is pretty good. But i just don't know if i want to play it.
>>
>>343064003
How did you survive?
>>
>>343064003
I think you need memory exercises, because any normal person would get bored of the same shit in 15 hours.
>>
File: 1466601661645.gif (148 KB, 948x668) Image search: [Google]
1466601661645.gif
148 KB, 948x668
>>343064003
>583 hours
>>
Gameplay was fun, didn't have enough replay value for more than 100 hours of gameplay which is pathetic for a Bethesda game.
>>
>>343064047
>the main voice inst bad
ASHES GO HOME
ERIN MISSES YOU
noras voice is p good though
>>
Itt:
>WAAH all the cool areas have too many bad guys!
>I can't generate my own backstory for my character. I could in NV, right??? Right?
>>
>>343064241
I didn't say it was perfect. But i kinda liked the voice on my character, it just sort of fit.
Also while i am at it, one more thing i miss is why the fuck couldn't they do DLCs like new vegas did? I miss the intro speech and the ending speech.
>>
>>343064003

>Autism speaks
>>
It's not as bad as people say but it really fails to hold my attention and I really regret buying the season pass.
>>
>>343064331
You forgot your image of todd
>>
It's ok but it's really just more of the same and a good chunk of what they tried to change up was actually a step backwards rather than forward.
>>
>>343058841
Quite decent shooter, below mediocre bethesda-game, atrocious rpg, not a fallout.
The only fun I had playing the game was when I loled at all the bugs and poor game design.

4/10 would not recommend
>>
>>343058841
More concerned with telling its own story than letting you make your own.
>>
>>343064003
fucking why
>>
File: 1437345515726.png (268 KB, 606x339) Image search: [Google]
1437345515726.png
268 KB, 606x339
>itt
>people who hate just to hate
>>
>>343064515
>below mediocre bethesda-game
It's actually on point for bethesda tier quality.
>>
>>343064053
>>343064108
>>343064215
>>343064381
>>343064628
i left it on while on vacation
>>
I played it for 30 hours but I can't remember anything interesting, It was so bland and boring. Fallout 4 is a mediocre game that's popular for some reasons I don't understand. There are no captivating stories, believable and deep characters or tough choices. You just kill mutants all the time.
>>
>>343058841
ok, honest opinion:

the main story isn't bad, but ONLY up until the reveal and then its horrible.

the gameplay is standard FO3/NV, you have your HP/AP and various drugs that i like to pop in one giant dose when im in trouble. the gunplay though, while on the outset of before playing the game, modding seemed really cool.

then you play the game and there is only, shit gun, ok gun, great gun and then the mods you can add which just make those guns slightly better but to a point where you don't need to pick up any other guns ever again. the legendary shit (armor and guns) should have been the only super items like in FO3/NV where they are heads and tails above anything you can find in the wastelands, making them worthy of the legendary name.

the world? meh, biggest city sucked, outposts and such sucked. a small part of the map was nothing but water but i could see that being where you were in boston.

your main guy? no boston accent, what the fuck? i hated having voiced lines, i hated having the choices be, yes, yes, no, angry no. FO3, a game that is 8 years old has more dialouge choices, but its because it wasn't all voiced like FO4 was.

making a voiced character ruined my time most of all though. i started with a 1 INT retard, which in other FO games would give me unique dialogue choices, , but not in FO4 because you have a voice and even at 1 INT your character can talk with normal intelligence.
>>
>>343064641
Skyrim and F3 are way better in almost every way, except for hilariousness and amount of glitches
But yeah, I hate the direction beth is going recently. It's a shame really
>>
>>343063912
If by that you mean it's the LEAST shitty part about the game then yes yuo are right.

If you are thinking that F4 is actually a good FPS then you are fucking retarded and need to realize that there are vastly superior FPSes made years ago.
>>
>>343058841
Like playing through someone else telling you what fallout is
>>
>>343058841
OK, REAL HONEST OBJECTIVE UNBIASED OPINION !!!
Vanilla is absolute bullshit, wouldnt even pirate.
Honestly.
BUT!
They released this Survival mode with 1.5 and game has took total turn to the better.

Perks have actually sense, habitats are actually vital and interesting, game is hard but fair.
They still need to optimize a little intake of water, hunger, but it's totally different game, only beef I have is I have literally deleted game 5 times when was released(i just couldnt believe that game was so bad, i actually blamed myself) so I ruined starting area, and in survival you actually fight to survive every mile and location.
Also, enemies are not bullet-sponges, actually one hit can kill you and any enemy that is near your level.
Im honestly not Bethfag, I hate FO3, i love Morrowind, FONV,fo1,fo2,
im lukewarm about Skyrim, im not shill.
I hate what they did with lore in new Fallouts but Fallout 4 as open world survival game(more like STALKER,than lets say, some old CRPG) on survival difficulty and with couple of mods is actually great expirience, i even put on hold completion of Blood & Wine(Witcher is still much better game but I want to play Witcher totally completionist, so ill play it alone).
Anyway, take this advice as you want, on your place I would pirate FO4 with all patches and DLCs, play exclusively Survival and if its your cup of cake, buy it.
You will need couple of simple mods that make that game stupid UI much more tolerable, but all in all compared to vanilla its totally different game.
>>
>>343064759
>The reveal
You didn't see it coming? Really?
>Yes, Yes, No, Angry No
It's Yes, Yes, Sarcastic Yes and Yes But Later
>>
I didn't enjoy it whatsoever. Dropped after 3 or 4 hours.
>>
>>343058841
I pretty sure it meant to have more depth, but than Todd came down form management and told the team that they have to "streamline" it. The raiders are too well characterized for them to be only there for you to gun down. It's almost like that they were supposed to be a joinable faction but than someone sad that it would be to morally complex for the poor two dimensional normies and it got cut
>>
>>343058841
It needs more small things, like being able to interact with the environment more, better AI etc. It's just missing a bunch of small things and gun variety. If a modder can pop out a mac 11 and it be just as good as your weapons, that's pretty fucking sad, although I get time and money is a constraint.

What are the odds of the next fallout being on a new engine?
>>
>>343064904
Actually my partner plays survival a lot, she does say it makes Fallout 4 into the game it was always supposed to be.

It still doesn't alter a lot of other issues with the game though.
>>
>>343064937
all i remember was,

ok here is son
wait, son is NOT son?
son is old man!

then i didn't care and nuked them to hell because i couldn't be a smart adult and bring peace to everyone with the super mega advanced tech that the institute had, which was the stupidest shit.
>>
>>343059751
Can't argue with that.
>>
So it's basically NV but with a character that speaks, more enemies, and a different perk system.

People hate change
>>
Game frankly has more going for it than the utter catastrophe that was Fallout 3.

Shit RPG, decently fun post apocolyptic minecraft sandbox shooter
>>
>>343065169
Yeah, the institute being iredeemable moustache twirling comic book evil was stupid.
>>
>>343058841
Dropped after finding that supermutant scientist in the Glowing Sea.

I was just done. I gave this game way too many chancesand it dissapointed me at every fucking step.

The world is empty, full of copy pasted ghoul/supermutant/raider dungeons with settlements and hubs VERY few and far between.

A lot of the game world is undeveloped because the devs expect you to do the world building instead. Settlement system is literally a lazy excuse for devs to not actually do their job.

All the potential the world has is wasted. The radier arena is just another dungeon, race track is just another dungeon, Glowing Sea is just empty.

Itemization sucks. The whole crafting system results in a lot of weapons that all feel and play exactly the same, it's an excuse to not actually nother with weapon variety.

Story and writing are so retarded and full of plotholes it actually deserves some kind of ironical reward.
>>
>>343064331
That cluster fuck of a map was a joke. Just placing enemies everywhere haphazardly isn't good world building. It doesn't feel lived in. It's just a bunch of shit for you to kill so you can get more perks you don't need gather more junk to waste time building things and pretending what you're doing has any real effect on anything.

The title is Fallout but instead we got an open world Borderlands. I will explain this so even you can understand. If you were really hungry for a hamburger and really wanted a one from your favorite fast food place but found a chicken sandwich in it's place once you got home you would be pissed. Especially a $60 sandwich. With no refunds.

That is Fallout 4. A dried up $60 chicken sandwich that you were stuck with after you had ordered a hamburger that you really like.
>>
>>343065235
New Vegas without the atmosphere and storytelling.

You know, the two most standout parts of New Vegas.
>>
>>343065235
Dude, you want your rod back?
>>
Its fun
>>
>>343062601
>call roach
>spawns in a pit
Every time
>>
>>343062019
You know, Witcher 3 has actually logical world, its huge, but it has logic(even if its fantasy game).

You have actual villages, country ravaged by gruesome war, real, huge , believable city(3 actually), you dont run every 2 seconds on location that really dont belong there, world is maticoulously planned.

Also, Witcher 3 is game that you play long time, when you turn it on, you probably play for at least 4-10 hours, while Fallout 4(actually all modern Bethesda games) is more of an 10-30 minutes session.

Trust me, there are more people who grief on 60$ spent on FO4 than W3.
You really get a piece of game with The Witcher.
While funniest part in playing FO4 is empty atempts to fix the game with mods,
usually when you download around 80gb of mods and make FO4 playable, you get bored and uninstall it. But you forget, so you do another cycle in week or 2-
>>
>>343058841

dogshit

there just isnt any fucking content aside from random raider shitholes

the whole sanctuary thing was just todd testing if he could keep players interested for a long time by making everything into an mmo-tier garbage grinding area
>>
>>343065970
>tfw still haven't played witcher 3 past finding the first dead body of that fuckhuge bird or whatever it was called
I have so enormously much content a head of me, yet no desire to play it.
>>
>>343060030
>>343060757

Interacting with the Children of Atom in the DLC is the most "Classic Fallout" Fallout 4 has felt to me.
>>
GOTY 2015
>>
Even my Bethcuck friends only played it for a week with no desire for DLC/season pass. Delicious. I love it when people don't have fun when they expect to
>>
Bought it 2 or 3 months after release, full price still. It's nice the graphics are better and the shooting mechanics have improved and some characters and quests seem like they'd be a lot of fun but, this game felt super fucking shallow. The customization for everything was handled super oddly to me, I almost never felt like I was ever leveling up or discovering anything. The whole storyline was super fucking schlocky, I played as a woman so I had a hot red head mom looking for her baby Shawn the whole game (aka 4 hours) and when I finally went to the Institution the whole reveal was super lackluster and it made me realize how much I feel like this game just kindve glides over every gameplay and story mechanic with minimal detail.

Being a detail oriented person or at least someone who loved Oblivion and early Bethesda games cause they brought a great detailed vision to a massive role playing world, I can't help but feel sour about F4. All the DLCs looked uninspired, and idk if I care to go back. The best part was playing dress up,
>>
File: Kermy.png (156 KB, 236x237) Image search: [Google]
Kermy.png
156 KB, 236x237
>>343058841
I dislike everything about it.
>>
>>343058841
I liked the Terminigger character
>>
>>343065970
I regret both. FO4 has almost no actual content and TW3 is 90% running/riding to where you need to be.

A big world is shit if all I'm doing is trying to get across it all the time.
>>
>>343058841
I like it but it could be way better
>>
Since my post got burried i'll try again in caps.
IS FAR HARBOR GOOD? WORTH PLAYING AT ALL?
>>
Pros:
>immersive atmosphere
Nothing like exploring as a rad storm rolls in
>Settlements are a fun diversion
I truly enjoyed making comfy secret bases for myself (no settlers allowed)
>Everything regarding power armor
(Except the fact that they give it to you 10 mins into the game)

Cons:
>Dialogue = 4 ways to say yes
>No grit to this wasteland
Where are the slavers? The raiders who actually rape and pillage?
>Story could have been great but fell flat
I actually liked the idea of the institute and synths but they didn't execute
>>
>>343058841
I expected nothing good, but was still let down.
>>
>>343058841
It's bad.

You propably can mod it to be good game, but why would you bother.
>>
>>343066917
It's big, but mostly empty. It's the closest thing you'll get to real DLC, but it's dull.
>>
>>343067085
You can't. It's a worse case than Skyrim, and you certainly couldn't mod that one in a good game.
If you get lucky, you can turn it into a decent fetish simulator.
>>
>>343067131
That sucks to hear. No DLCs like new vegas had in other words?
>>
>>343066917
You know at first I was miffed about the 25.99 but I actually went back and revisited the DLCS from 3 and Far Harbor is massive compared to them. Even Point Lookout, I truly remembered it as being much bigger, its actually quite small.

But yeah its worth it. I enjoyed the factions better than those in the main game, the fog and atmosphere are pretty good. The new follower is pretty forgettable though. Like I forgot he even exists 99% of the time I'm looking for a companion.
>>
>>343067085
Actually the mod support for the game is terrible too. Hardly any good mods even after the GECK was released both because a lot of modders are getting tired of consolefag shit and because a lot of people are still modding New Vegas instead.
>>
>>343067131
that is sad compared to the NV dlc, where each one was at least good.
>>
>>343067273
Tbh i have always played fallout games without companions. I just think they are annoying and in the way
>>
>>343067270
Not even close. Lonesome road might be worse as it's short, that and Adventuures in the Mormon Cave, but literally all it does better is scale. Even the most memorable fights are just Giant Enemy Crabs.
>>
>>343067194
>>343067298
Really? Why would beth do this, modders usually fixed their games and they were doing it for free.
>>
>>343059705
Tim?
>>
>>343058841
It may have been ok as a new IP but the casualization is out of control
>>
>That cluster fuck of a map was a joke. Just placing enemies everywhere haphazardly isn't good world building. It doesn't feel lived in. It's just a bunch of shit

Fucking this.

I hate when bethesdrones harp on about their deep open worlds that NO GAME HAS EVER MATCHED. They literally just take a square and dump a shitload of enemy spawns that sometimes cross each others paths and then watch their fans do all their marketing for them about the "Rich, breathing open world! I once saw a deathclaw fighting some super mutants, MY IMMEEEEEERSION!"
>>
>>343067763
Meant for >>343065403
>>
>>343067085

there is literally nothing for modders to work with

the only people who will bother with this shitheap are porn modders
>>
>>343067838
Pretty much all of the usual bethesda modders jumped ship to Fallout.

Costumes, armour, weapons, player homes, ENBs and retextures, a lot of settlement overhauls, the list goes on.

Shit game maybe, but that doesn't make it any less ripe for modders.
>>
>>343058841
s' alright. not a bad game. I prefer New vegas more though.
>>
>>343068050

none of those actually make the game any more playable

it cant really be turned into a decent game with mods

the world is even more dead than skyrim
>>
>>343068050
Maybe the fact it's shit is a challenge to modders?
>>
>>343059705
Survival is easy fucking cheesy past level 20. I had to keep checking to see if the difficulty had somehow changed to novice.
>>
>>343058841
suicide super mutants and giving every group of bandits a fat-man was a bad design choice
>>
>>343060030
This is why you buy real expansions (Well i suppose Far Harbour was just a shitty dlc) like Blood and Wine.

Lesson learnt am i right anon?
>>
>>343058841
It's ok, not bad, but it definitely isn't an rpg and they fucked up dialogue
>>
>>343058841
Don't care if this is the /v/ hivemind opinion, I legitimately don't like it. Just completely soulless and phoned in. The combat is okay, but the RPG elements are so light you're probably better off playing a real FPS, depends on how much you like exploration.

It's hard to figure out where the dev time and effort went. The one thing Fallout 3 had going for it was the number of dungeons, and 4 is comparatively sparse in that department. The quests are also bland as shit, and it's not just because of the voice acted protagonist--you're almost never doing anything worthwhile or memorable. The horrible radiant quests are also back with a vengeance.
>>
>>343058841
playing new vegas makes me wish it was an rpg with actual dialogue options

they made combat better in F4, though, despite the bullet sponge enemies
>>
>>343068184
The shitty, undocumented code makes modding progressively harder with each Bethesda game. Fallout 4 is running in the same engine as Morrowind.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 800x749) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 800x749
>>343063465
>all those digits ending in 9
>that barter

JUST GET THEM TO INCREMENTS OF 10 FOR GODS SAKE MAN
>>
File: XJKSGfo__1_.jpg (91 KB, 488x516) Image search: [Google]
XJKSGfo__1_.jpg
91 KB, 488x516
>>343058841
Unplayable pile of spaghetti code. I had a consistent 10 FPS until combat started, where it dropped to one frame every minute or so. Graphical bugs everywhere, shit not loading, my lockpicking UI was invisible and my settings would reset every time I booted up the game. This included controls, gamma and everything else that is a huge pain to reset. Oh, and my screen resolution was locked, and it forced me to play in a tiny little window instead of fullscreen.

I couldn't like it even if I tried, solely because I literally couldn't play it.
>>
>>343069481
if you stopped using shady russian cracks on your e-machine you won't experience any of those problems
Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.