[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about Steam?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1036290.jpg (40 KB, 700x265) Image search: [Google]
1036290.jpg
40 KB, 700x265
What do you think about Steam?
>>
>>343057392

Every pc gamer's home.
>>
oh boy a steam hate thread
>>
>>343057392
boyfriend finder
>>
Convenient.
>>
>>343057392
My best friend is convinced that 95 percent of the games on there are shit, he's also a die hard PS4 fan
>>
>15 day market hold
Why, why even do this.

Also what's wrong with their IOS app? The authenticator never fucking works and that whole system is jank.
>>
File: sonygger.jpg (124 KB, 920x900) Image search: [Google]
sonygger.jpg
124 KB, 920x900
>>343057392
Trigger for Sonycucks.
>>
>>343057731
Hes not wrong.
>>
>>343057731
More like 65%-70% of the games are shit, giant wave of indie games and trash VR games.
Most of the great games were released by Valve years ago.

IMO Steam's library will continue to rot from the inside with VR and poorly made indie games.
>>
It's probably going to Valve for-fucking-ever to fix their client on Windows 10 as their staff consists mostly of autistic children running around an office building all day.

So it kinda sucks atm.
>>
DRM platform, the best one in the market. I love it, super practical, online multiplayer works, never gave me trouble, has typed and voice chat, screenshot and streaming, brought a lot of releases to PC that we'd never have otherwise
>>
>>343057789
Use winauth if you've trouble with the shitty app
>>
>>343057731
considering 95% of steam catalog consists of indie shovelware he's not wrong.
just give a look at an unfiltered discovery queue
>>
It was fucking awful when it came out, but it has improved over the years. I'm getting real fucking tired of Valve's lack of fucking quality control though. The trash is flooding in pretty fucking fast with little oversight from the gatekeepers. It's starting to look like the play store with all this shovelware and indie garbage.
>>343057953
Whats wrong with it? It doesn't seem like anything has changed on 10.
>>
They need to counter Microsoft's attempt to lock in PC gaming with UWP by starting to push developers more towards using cross-platform standards from the start and not attempt to force idiotic DRM schemes. There's no reason that the new Doom for instance needs to be Windows-only since it uses OpenGL and Vulkan except for the invasive DRM that it ships with that is Windows-only.
>>
The only reason I use it is to keep in touch with friends in a Steam Group.
Most of my games library are things I got very cheap, like $1 Humble Bundles.
>>
Really convenient. We're lucky that it has few restrictions and has almost a monopoly on the PC markert, because it keeps competitors (especially Microsoft and their piece of shit UWP) on a tight leash.
I wish there was an equivalent for other forms of entertainment, like movies.
>>
>>343057392
shit, but it has majority of the games so i use it anyways
>>
>>343057731
>best friend
Who the hell call others "best friend" after 10?
>>
>>343057392
I'm poor and don't own a decent PC so its meh. Cant even play a good portion of the stuff in my library.
>>
>>343058158
Store page (along with a few others) come up blank. None of the "fixes" have worked for me, so I'm stuck waiting for them to fix it.

I figure it should be back to normal around the fall or winter sale.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.