[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Technomancer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: og_image.jpg (409 KB, 1200x628) Image search: [Google]
og_image.jpg
409 KB, 1200x628
The Technomancer is out in 5 hours, boys. Anyone else here that's hyped?
>>
File: bbf.jpg (137 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
bbf.jpg
137 KB, 700x350
Other games that Spiders have done include Bound By Flame, which should be famous for the absolute most bullshit final boss ever, and Mars: War Logs which I haven't played.
>>
>>343054451
Apparently it's not that good:
- PS3 level textures
- Clunky fighting
- Bugged animations
- Ennemies disappearing
- Lame scenario
And more
>>
>>343054714
So just like a typical Spiders game.
>>
>>343054631
Bound By Flame had a lot of potential but they fucked it. Hopefully this wont end up the same way.
>>
>>343054631
You should play Mars: War Logs given Technomencer is the sequel
>>
>>343054804
Not a direct sequel from what I was able to gather. The technomancer start before mars war log and finish after.
>>
>>343054631
Never got the stuff about the bullshit final boss. Neither of them killed me. Was it the mirror match at the end or the three guys at once that was hard?
Mirror match is just dodge/counter and three guys is use trap to separate the main guy from the clones. Pretty simple.
>>
>>343054631
didn't they also made game about ork adventure?
and that other very similar game
they basically stamp them out without changing much
>>
>>343054714
Apparenty it's good

All in all, The Technomancer is a very generous title filled with content and ambition. It may not be the best looking game there is out there, but it certainly has something to offer that is worth more than good looks. The universe Spiders created is truly immersive, the story and characters are solid, and the voice actors do an excellent job to back them up. The icing on the cake is obviously the superb eclectic soundtrack Olivier Derevière has come up with, another proof of his undeniable talent in the industry. After a few minor but still enjoyable games, The Technomancer could very well be a milestone for Spiders. It's clearly not a perfect game, there is still too much backtracking and recycling of the same areas, but the gap between this game and their previous work is so big that we can't wait to see what they are going to do next.

On the upside

+ Rich and deep universe
+ Characters and story(ies) are solid
+ Each main location has its own atmosphere
+ Good length (36 hours to complete in normal mode)
+ Efficient and varied combat system
+ Some replay value
+ A game that's all about choices
+ Some pretty nice vistas
+ Noctis, Mutant Valley and the final zone
+ The boss fight at the end
+ The soundtrack
+ The voice acting is solid overall

On the downside

- Graphically dated
- Still too much backtracking and recycling of certain areas
- Too few real boss battles
- The main antagonist could have shown himself more
- Pretty dark environments
- Camera can be a little annoying sometimes

Like other Spiders's game it's hate or love from review.
>>
>>343055023
I'm not sure if I was undergeared or something, but when the dragon started spitting fire and I had to dodge that and the demon's attack it turned into a shitfest.
The fucker could twoshot me.
>>
>>343054714
that sounds exactly like their previous games, so as long as its better than mars and bbf it should be a fun time
>>
>all this shilling
>>
>>343055058
none of those is actually downside except recycled locations
most likely combat is beyond clunky and plot is stupid for rpg
>>
>>343055118
at least they don't make pixel/isometric shit and still stay in business
couple more games(if they survive) and they will be very decent developer
>>
it looks like garbage
fuck off
>>
Never played in their games. Are they melee-focused or you can make casters?
>>
seems pretty good for a low budget game
>>
>>343054451
does this game have waifus like mass effect

literally all i need 2 know t b h
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.