[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else think Silent Hill 2 is shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 28560.jpg (41 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
28560.jpg
41 KB, 500x400
Anyone else think Silent Hill 2 is shit?
>>
>>343054173

i actually think sh3 is shit but i never mention it because /v/ will chase me out with sticks.
>>
gameplay-wise sh games are not very good
>door opening simulator
>>
>>343054268
SH3 had terrible pacing. Each level drags on too long and there isn't enough of them
>>
Only the first one was good
>>
>>343054173
I don't, but it's inferior to SH1.

>>343054405
I find SH2 and 3 both suffer of bad pacing issues.
Only the very original SH game had good pacing, and enough variety in environments and events.
>>
File: SH PC Guide - Jan 2016_SML.png (2 MB, 1300x3453) Image search: [Google]
SH PC Guide - Jan 2016_SML.png
2 MB, 1300x3453
Silent Hill thread? Neat!
Time to re-post the SH PC Guide pic + the DL links:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" fix works as a no-cd crack as well, and is included in the pack.

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.
>>
>>343054636
here's the recommended emulator settings for SH1. Works great on all other games too.

The plugins used are:
-Pete's OpenGL 1.78; (more options & better performance than 2.x version)
-Eternal's SPU Engine.

alternatively just use a software renderer for very 1:1 PS1-like graphics, including 240p only.
...OR just buy the game from PSN Store for few bucks.
>>
>>343054173
No but it doesn't outshine other three Silent Hill games how people pretend it does.

SH3 = SH1 > SH2 > SH4

All of them are pretty much equal though. SH1 gets points for sheer originality and music. SH3 gets points for best and most entertaining MC by far and fresh environments. SH4 gets points for shaking up the formula and interesting premise of the apartment being being your "safe"house. SH2 is well balanced on all fronts.
>>
File: 1407188950177.jpg (74 KB, 476x345) Image search: [Google]
1407188950177.jpg
74 KB, 476x345
>>343054636
Nice, I am curious to check them out after so long. Play best with a gamepad?
>>
>>343054636
Whenever I played SH3 on computer I'd get lag, like running at 60 fps then dipping to 30 or something like that every now and then.
No one else seem'd to have that problem, It did it for me on 2 different computers
>>
>>343054173

I think it's pretty fucking good.
>>
>>343054874
>Play best with a gamepad?
Certainly, though I personally tend to play them with KB only. The tank controls fit Arrows / WASD like a glove, especially if you're an oldtimer like me who used to beat Doom with nothing but clunky keyboard.

>>343054923
That's a common "problem". it's not exactly lag, rather some weird form of Vsync or something. If it really bothers you that much, just limit the framerate to rock solid 30 with Rivatuner Statistic Server program.

FYI, SH2 runs at locked 30.
>>
>>343054173
I found it boring and stopped at the apartments. Didn't really find the game scary.

Now SH1 on the otherhand, my fucking god I'm not playing that game. The clunky controls makes it 100x more scary.
>>
what /v/ says
>the pacing was bad

what /v/ actually means
>there was this part of the game I didn't like
>>
>>343057089
SH2 is the least scary of the original quadrilogy, and kinda on the easy side. I also agree that the apartments can be a bit of a mood killer.

That being said, I'd really recommend pushing through that section. The game and plot really pick up afterwards. Also, do not play below the Normal difficulties, or else you won't be challenged or even killed in any way.

>>343057129
nope. The beginning of SH2 and 3 just drag veeery long, and then all the sudden things start to happen like in fast-forward mode, without letting things to sink in too well.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.