[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bloodstained weapon showcase
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
Found this on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fh86TzZRhk

Whip and gun seem to be untextured. and the whip seems glitchy.
>>
>>343049217
who is this smug bug
>>
>>343049217
Is that shit from datamining the demo, or some guy just modded it in? Because there's a lot of stuff there I don't like.
>Greatsword uses the slow-ass overhead swing from DoS/PoR instead of the nice top-to-bottom quick arc from AoS
>Whip animation looks nothing like any Castlevania whip, range looks off and too short, cooldown between attacks is far too long
>Katana animation looks really awkward, like it wasn't intended to be shown from one side
>Gun is far too fucking slow (should be closer to the AoS gun, good medium between shitty slow DoS gun and Albus' broken machinegun pistol from OoE)

Everything else looks pretty standard. I hope they officially showcase this shit soon so we can give feedback, because it really needs it.
>>
>>343050246
Though on the plus side:
>That fucking pistol idle/reload animation
That's fucking sick. Also neat that you can melee attack with it.
>>
>>343050246
AoS is the only IGAvania game I've played, I lost my shit when I found a fucking gun in it. I guess just because of how out of place it is in Dracula's Castle.
>>
>>343051047
In AoS it's 100% justified, Dracula's castle takes in all sorts of weird shit from around the world and the game takes place in 2035.
>>
>>343050246
From the video description:

>The first two weapons (sword and hand-to-hand) are available normally, the other weapons are accessed by modifying the game.

So I guess that's why they're the only ones that look vaguely finished.
>>
>>343051909
That explains certain things (lack of textures, slightly off animation, damage effect not meshing with certain animations, etc.), but it doesn't help most of the other issues. The whip really, really bothers me. I hope they can be pursuaded to go back and redo it a bit closer to Castlevania. I get that they can't get too close or Konami might sue, bu still.
>>
>>343050318
Also, I like what they did with the rapier. Miriam's idle stance with it makes no fucking sense whatsoever, but it still looks cool.
Good speed and range, too. I'll probably mostly use those if they decide to stick with these animations.
>>
File: miriam_whip.gif (3 MB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
miriam_whip.gif
3 MB, 512x384
>>343052152
>I hope they can be pursuaded to go back and redo it a bit closer to Castlevania.

You realize that this doesn't even qualify as an alpha yet right?
>>
>>343053086
I'm well aware, but they've already got those animations in place and I don't know how far they'll be willing to change things based on backer response. Hopefully a lot, they've been great so far.
>>
File: bloodstained_FSAA.jpg (697 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bloodstained_FSAA.jpg
697 KB, 1920x1080
The game looks 1000% better with real FSAA instead of that shite post process AA filter they are using.
>>
>>343050246
it's data that was mined off an alpha demo that isnt even available normally

its probably not even finished
>>
>>343050246
>Greatsword uses the slow-ass overhead swing from DoS/PoR instead of the nice top-to-bottom quick arc from AoS
The delayed swing is great. The AoS version is more useful, but it doesn't feel as good when you're weightlessly swinging around a sword that's bigger than you are.

The whip animation is the worst. Swing that shit like a Belmont, come on.
>>
>>343053375
Everything looks better with FSAA, but that doesn't mean the performance hit is justified. And if they were using Unreal's temporal AA you'd still be giving it shit even if it looked as good.
>>
>>343053850

>Everything looks better with FSAA, but that doesn't mean the performance hit is justified.

If you have a video card that can run the game at 60FPS then why not use it?

What's bullshit is that DirectX 10/11 enforces the developer's AA choice so even if you have a system that can handle better FSAA you can't use it.
>>
>>343054113
I hope they'll just let you choose in the final version, no reason to have 1080p as the max resolution either
>>
>>343054113
Because FSAA just means rendering the game at double resolution. Both AMD and Nvidia have their fancy downsampling things in the driver - those do the same thing FSAA does, with a slightly better scaler.

The only thing they need to add is better resolution selection support, but even then you can already play the game in any res by resizing the window.
>>
>>343053739
>The delayed swing is great. The AoS version is more useful, but it doesn't feel as good when you're weightlessly swinging around a sword that's bigger than you are.
I couldn't disagree more. Castlevania weapons having 'weight' is almost completely pointless when almost none of the enemies have any kind of animation or response to taking damage, outside of actual death animations. If you could knock them back or at least get some response like some of the enemies in SotN it'd be worth it, but otherwise it just feels like your character is suffering from muscular dystrophy whilst swinging a cardboard sword.

And the 'sword bigger than you are' issue in AoS only really occurs with maybe three weapons, one of which doesn't even have the good attack arc (Ascalon). The rest are perfectly fine.
Basically, I just want that animation back for one weapon type. I don't even care if it's for a massive greatsword or not, it's just incredibly useful to have.
>>
>>343054435

>Because FSAA just means rendering the game at double resolution.

Full screen supersampling is just one form of FSAA, the plus side is it's very good quality but the downside is it's very inefficient because you're rendering the entire scene in a higher resolution (2x, 4x, etc) and then downsampling. Thee are more efficient methods of FSAA that detect what parts of the scene need anti aliasing and only render additional pixels for those parts of the image either via supersampling or multisampling. Supersampling generally offers better quality than multisampling but at the cost of speed.
>>
File: 186fmqqxydz4hjpg.jpg (64 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
186fmqqxydz4hjpg.jpg
64 KB, 800x450
>>343054674
>>343055554

Bloodstained appears to be using FXAA, which is basically a post process filter that performs anti aliasing without re-rendering any pixels. It's extremely fast but it looks like absolute shit.

AA from best to worst:

SSAA: Recomputes additional pixels

MSAA: Re-renders pixels but not shaders.

FXAA: Does not re-render pixels, essentially a post process filter.
>>
>>343049217
>not two handing the katana
come on now.
>>
>>343056664
Looks like it's based on the CotM/DoS katana, so it's just a quickdraw attack. Pity, really.
>>
>>343049481
imagine being this stupid.
>>
>>343056765
It's the best for backdash-cancel shenanigans, I like it.
>>
>>343056765
B-but I love quickdraw katana
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.