[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would I be a huge faggot if I played the third installment of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 460x215
Would I be a huge faggot if I played the third installment of a game series without playing the previous two installments?
>>
yes

remember to read to books as well
>>
>>343047014
this
>>
As bad as a Fallout 3 fan
>>
go for it man. You'll be missing out on a bit, but not too much
>>
>>343047014
In polish? Or do I lose nothing in translation?
>>
They sucked, so no.
>>
>>343047053
basically this, two absolutely shit games followed by a passable one
>>
>>343046990
Just don't bother with the series.
>>
>>343046990
>skipping games

love this meme
>>
you are a faggot anyways so it doesnt matter
>>
>>343047178
this is bait.
>>
>all these Skyrim fans ITT telling OP to skip games in a STORY HEAVY series

If you didn't at least play Witcher 2 OR read some of the books (Last Wish + Sword of Destiny at the very least) before playing Witcher 3 then you should end your life.
>>
>>343047124
It's mostly passable in English some of the first books except the last wish are rather mediocre in translation
>>
>>343047353
no, it's not
>>
>>343046990
Yes.

Especially when the first game is the only GOOD one.
>>
>>343047560
>If you didn't at least play Witcher 2
you mean Witcher 1, you console plebian moron.

No other Witcher game even attempts to shine light to the Witcher book series, and introduce you slowly to its world and lore.
>>
>>343047634
>you mean Witcher 1
No, I mean Witcher 2. What choices in Witcher 1 affect anything in 3? What characters or events from 1 are referenced? You didn't even try to explain how 1 connects to 3 because it fucking doesn't.

>plebian

*tips fedora*
>>
>if you didn't read books about this videogame before playing it then kill yourself
how stupid do you have to be to unironically post this?
>>
File: 1459084257460.gif (1 MB, 430x360) Image search: [Google]
1459084257460.gif
1 MB, 430x360
>Witcher 1 comes out
>"holy fuck this game is shit, avoid."
>Witcher 2 comes out
>literally not one person cares
>Witcher 3 comes out
>"IF YOU DIDN'T PLAY WITCHER 1 AND 2 THEN FUCK RIGHT OFF, PLEB"
>>
Yes.
>>
I dropped W1 three times. Then I dropped W2. Not so long time ago I completed W1, then I read all books. And I must to say that playing not from 1st chapter without reading books is completely stupid.
>>
>>343047560
gameplay always trumps story because we're playing videogames, not reading books. if you can weave a good story in that doesn't interfere with the gameplay, that's great, and should be aspired for, but 3 is the only fun witcher game gameplay wise.
>>
>>343047781
Witcher 3 is way more of a sequel to 1 and it is 2.
The minor save-import changes do not make it worth bothering with.

All in all, Witcher 2 is the worst, clunkiest and most overrated game in the trilogy.

>>343047862
>>Witcher 1 comes out
>>"holy fuck this game is shit, avoid."
I only saw "GOTY contender!" and "brilliant mature RPG!" notes everywhere on the magazines, etc. Played it myself just couple years ago, and loved it.
>>
Nope. not playing those games, just 3, all I need to play, just like I will not go play Fallout 3 or NV, just 4.
>>
>>343047812
>reading is too hard for me XD

>>343047957
>gameplay always trumps story because we're playing videogames, not reading books

I was hoping some fucking mouth breather would say something like this. A very large portion of the Witcher games is fucking dialogue. It's almost a Visual Novel with how much talking there is. The focus in the witcher games is the STORY, not the gameplay. The proof of this is that you're forced to play Geralt because the story wouldn't make sense otherwise. Please die.

>>343047985
>Witcher 3 is way more of a sequel to 1 and it is 2.
>doesn't explain how

Why do you even post? I ask you questions and you don't answer a single one.
>>
>>343048150
It is really bad comparsion and you are probably retarded. 93% possibility
>>
NV is better than 4 in every way. Even graphics wise if you use the right mod setup
>>
You can play it, but it won't be as enjoyable I guess.

I would say the minimum you should do is: read first two books (remember that Yen gets better in other books), watch some story recap of Witcher 1 on youtube and play Witcher 2.

Of course the only really proper way is to read the books first, and then play Witcher 1 and 2.
>>
>>343046990
Witcher 1 with the Steam Controller is GOAT

I just hope 2 is as good.
>>
File: 1465116398230.png (38 KB, 499x338) Image search: [Google]
1465116398230.png
38 KB, 499x338
>>343046990
Why wouldn't you play the first two games? They're both good and they're on sale for like $5 for both on steam.
>>
>>343046990
It really doesn't matter. Elitists will tell you to read the books and play the first two and watch the TV series and otherwise dedicate your life to getting prepared to play one great videogames, but it really doesn't matter at all.
>>
>>343046990
Yes, you be a raging faggot.
Not that there is anything wrong with that.

If you're just playing for the gameplay, go right ahead. If you're playing for the story, then why the fuck do you think skipping 1 and 2 are a good thing?
>>
>>343046990

no

if you wanna know more about the backdrop just read a wiki, if it really interests you then read the books, but it's not necessary

i started on the second game way before W3 came out, not much carried over

that being said it's a really cool world and even if it's not necessary for enjoying the third game i'd recommend consuming as much Witcherverse as you can
>>
>>343052756
If you do all those things, it does. And if you bring lager, vodka with the game it literally become part of your life, forever embedded in your memories as a very pleasant experience overall.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.