[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Division exapansion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: TCTD_home_og-image_1200x628.jpg (253 KB, 1200x628) Image search: [Google]
TCTD_home_og-image_1200x628.jpg
253 KB, 1200x628
Servers are down to roll out the new expansion.

>lost 90% population since launch

Anyone still playing this shit? I bought the season pass during the honeymoon period so I'm back on to see if it's gotten any better. It has not.

Is there any excitement left for this?
>>
>>343043458
If they lost 90% of their player base already they wouldn't even roll the expansion out. They'd save more money issuing refunds to season pass holders.
>>
>>343043597

https://twinfinite net/2016/06/the-divisions-player-count-on-pc-has-dropped-by-93-since-launch/

https://www.destructoid com/the-division-s-recent-steam-reviews-are-overwhelmingly-negative--371642.phtml

I don't know what numbers it still gets on steam since I got it on uplay but for the "best new IP launch ever" it has really shitty short legs.
>>
>>343043597
the expansion was probably finished and they probably didn't launch it earlier to artificially keep the game "alive"
>>
>>343043458
I gave up on it yes.
>>
File: Untitled.png (383 KB, 963x404) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
383 KB, 963x404
>>343043597
>>
>>343043896
I´m sad to report that the recent userreviews have been only 70% negative, lowering the rating from overwhelmingly negative to mostly negative in the last 30 days.
>>
Its still on of the most played games on Steam, and I cant imagine how many play on console considering 80% of all sales were there.

Stopped playing though, its a game of grinding with almost no weapon or enemy diversity. I feel this game couldve been better if it was set in a sci fi setting and not a "realistic" setting, couldve had aliens bouncing around and shit and different enemy types.
>>
>>343045249
The servers are offline for maintenance right now, iirc it's usually in the top 40 or so on steam.
>>
>>343045249
Anon, the servers are down.
>>
>>343045720
>>343045854
how do people play at all then?
>>
Randomly generated dungeons seem pretty good and I look at the next shit they got planned, the "survival" expansion, and that shit sounds like it might be interesting, but I don't know if it's worth sitting through more of this boring ass game.

Also they want me to pay more money to access the random dungeons, that aint gonna happen.
>>
This is what you get when you set a loot RPG in a realistic setting. Whoever thought this is afoot idea is a moron.
>>
I'll check it out eventually, but since this is massive I'm guessing nothing will work for at least a couple of weeks. this is the company that had to take down the servers and apply a patch because using a fucking ladder would insta-kill you. this is the company that launched their game without any anti-cheat and if by some miracle you got caught anyway, they would only temp ban you for 3 days. I remember when the community found out that "% protection against elites" actually meant that you took addtional damage instead, because the programmers at massive are...just not good at their job.

to say that I've completely lost faith in these guys is an understatement.
>>
>>343046127
People bypassing the update so as to find glitches and exploits, happens in alot of games.
>>
File: splash.png (114 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
splash.png
114 KB, 1920x1080
>>343046127

I don't know anon, 400 people may just be sitting in the dark staring at this screen until it comes back online.
>>
>>343046219
Yea pretty much this. Id say pick it up later down the line but this game is entirely dependent on an active playerbase, so if youre not playing when its actually somewhat active you arent playing it.

Also, I am willing to bet good money that they are going to make a Division 2 for next year, no fucking doubt about it actually. After all the expansions are released they will drop the next game and render it all worthless like they always do for their games.
>>
>>343046431
my gut tells me the original guys that made the division - the world-designers, the 1-30 guys, the engine guys and so on (you know, the ones that made a decent game) were immediately put on division 2, leaving a skeleton crew to maintain and update this one. I wouldn't even be surprised if they are outsourcing some of it, because there's no other explanation for the disconnect between early game and late game.
>>
>>343043458
I still don't understand the hate from the Press for this game
it basically gets shit on for everything Destiny got praised for
>>
>>343046673
Thats sort of like what they do for Assassins Creed, as soon as the game has hit the shelves they have the creatives working on the next title while the no-marks maintain the game that is currently being played. Its why all their games are buggy broken shit, they really do this.
>>
I played this game since launch and also bought the season pass. I haven't touched it in a couple months now. Here's my honest review:

The first couple hours in this game are amazing. I played this game exclusively with a buddy and the whole story mode and exploring NYC together was top fun. The leveling experience, gearing up, unlocking skills and areas, very fun and rewarding.

Then we hit max level and finished the story mode. Suddenly there was nothing to do in this detailed huge world. It all came down to playing in the DZ. Again, the first hour or so were very fun and intense. You never knew what other people were planning and you had some feeling of dread. But then you quickly realized that none of the other players would start shit, because going rogue in the early days of this game was a death sentence that offered zero benefits, quite the contrary, dieing while PVP flagged meant you lost huge amounts of EXP and just voided your last 30min to 2 hours of grinding, depending on your level.
Quickly we and everyone else in the DZ learned this so it was a carebear fest to just run around and kill NPCs.
I already grew tired at this point but my buddy kept on going. Soon I would log in for maybe one hour in the evening and run around with him for a bit, but then I learned what he was doing: constantly running up to loot areas for a resource that's universally shared with the current server. If someone else took it, the container would be empty and you're shit out of luck. After following my friend for 10 minutes in which he just sprinted from box to box, perfect path down like a fucking bot I said: m8, no thanks. This game's endgame is utter shit, I'm out.
Then came the first incursion and I gave it a try and -surprise- that content was also extreme shit. A huge deathbox where difficulty was in the designers mind just a word related to how many shotgunners you could spawn in the same wave with snipers. Absolute horrible. I've since then uninstalled this game.
>>
>>343046865
I played through with a friend too, I feel that the Dark Zone multiplayer shouldve been the entire world map, where you can bump into players and get caught up in big firefights, but you could only actually kill other players in that small contained area at the centre, so youre effectively playing an MMO. The whole overworld is incredibly detailed and rich, but once youve been through it once you never go through it again, because there is literally nothing there to do anymore.
>>
>>343043458
at this point, ubi is better off giving away this stuff for free

the game will soon be dead
>>
>>343043458
It is without a doubt the worst game Ubisoft has made in years

Fuck them so hard for lying and scamming people with this shit
>>
>>343047150
Yea this, Im not paying for content for a dead broken game. I think the paid content is actually going to push more people away rather than bring them in if anything. Just creates adivision in the player base, where some players will have access to better equipment (the DLC) while others dont, it is literally pay to win, but there is nothing to win here.
>>
>>343047150
>soon be dead
it gets 4k players on peak, its already dead

Thank god for that too, I hope a bunch of the incompetent faggots who made it got fired
>>
File: 1459772750151.png (2 MB, 1000x625) Image search: [Google]
1459772750151.png
2 MB, 1000x625
>tfw you bought the gold edition

biggest regret of all vidya purchases, the beta was fun and so was the early game, but jesus did they kill the game.
>>
>>343045249
>>343045720
http://steamcharts.com/app/365590
barely better than Stillborn.
>>
>>343046745
The difference is that destiny has fun vertical gameplay with double jumping and other arena-ey shit and has semi-balanced traditional esports fps pvp, whereas division is fucking slow and boring and shitty cover based gameplay and the pvp is a grind to win cancerfest.
>>
I have a copy of this with the preorder DLC, any1 want to buy?
>>
File: 1454980399957.jpg (141 KB, 543x405) Image search: [Google]
1454980399957.jpg
141 KB, 543x405
>mfw my friends make me play this game with them but won't play Rainbow 6 Siege anymore
>>
>>343047506
Servers are down anon. It peaks at over 5k on steam, not including uPlay numbers which probably don't add much desu.

It's shit, but it's not even close to Stillborn.
>>
File: Just desert my shit up.png (21 KB, 726x142) Image search: [Google]
Just desert my shit up.png
21 KB, 726x142
>>343047506
>>
>>343047818
I want this game to be good but those numbers don't lie. That drop from March to May is a fucking death sentence.
>>
>tfw no longer playig
>tfw really enjoyed the story and setting though
>tfw ordered the novel back in march from Amazon
>tfw Amazon couldn't deliver and there appears to be no reprint so my order is still open

Fuck's sake Ubi. That's an easy 16 shekkels for you, I know a ton of people are still waiting on their novels, why don't you fucking release a second wave? I'm still interesting in buying it, despite not playing your shitty game for over 2 months now.
>>
>>343047532
but destiny is slower tho
>>
>>343046204
I don't think the realistic setting was the issue, anon. Ubisoft just dropped the ball on game balance, the end-game, content, etc.
>>
>>343048062
Nothing can be slower then standing still, which is what the division is
>>
>>343049118
ever played Destiny?
>>
>>343049973
Yes, it was an active enough game, wish I could have played it with keyboard and mouse
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.