[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anybody explain to me just how this "ruins the lore?"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (124 KB, 260x287) Image search: [Google]
image.png
124 KB, 260x287
Can anybody explain to me just how this "ruins the lore?" I want to be prepared.
>>
>>343039057
You're a mary sue with a wraith lending you it's powers and you kill everyone
>>
you kill melkor in a qte
>>
>>343039057
not sure but the gameplay underwhelmed the fuck out of me, it's just Ass Creed / Arkham gameplay basically.
>>
iirc, you get possessed/ aided by a core character from Silmarillion and you fuck Mordor up considerably sometime before the events of LotR
>>
>>343039276
>Mary sue
If you mean a ranger of gondor who go fucking murdered along side his family in a canonly established ritual of blood, then yeah. Sure.
But he's a mary sue, so you know, the temper, bad attitude, characteristics of a man in depression, all of that is just mary sue.
>Lending you its powers
Well yeah, it does, and you kill orcs in saurons war machine to systematically kill the guy who shreked you and your family.
>>
>>343039057
Im a fan of lotr and am playing it right now, I don't really have any problems with it. U get to learn a lot about things not necessarily focused on in the books. The combat is fucking fun too
>>
>>343039276
>it's
its*
>>
>>343039386
That's the type of gameplay, yes, but that's not all there is to it. Honestly, I spent dozens of hours in the Nemesis system. I custom groomed no-named Uruks that I allowed to kill me into Captains all the way up to Warchiefs. It was fun intervening in battles and helping my favorites climb the ranks while fucking over their rivals.
>>
>>343039509
That's not true, Gollum has already met and been tricked by billbo by the time this has happened, as he makes direct references to it in one of the missions.
>>
>>343039626
I don't know why this appeals to me, but fuck now i want to go play Orc-e-mon.
>>
nothing much, just that your ghost friend is actually the guy who forged all the rings
>>
It explicitly takes place in an alternate universe, there's no lore to ruin. It's their own canon, they can do what they want with it.
>>
>>343039867
t. tolkein nerd in denial
>>
>>343039867
That's not only a stretch, im fairly sure its a crock of shit,
>Gollum talks about baggins that takes the one ring, his precious.
>Calibrimbor talks about Gollum's role in the world of men,
> The black hand makes references to things outside of mordor.

Those are just 3 off the top of my head that are quite large. And if you are not full of shit, please post source
>>
>>343039640
There's a sixty year gap between Bilbo tricking him and the events of Lord of the Rings, fampai.
>>
>>343040053
If we are gonna do that as its own time line then yes, you are correct senpai.

But i pretty much consider that as soon as bilbo go the ring, we doin the dance of ring till Mordor
>>
File: 1453111767503.jpg (29 KB, 440x230) Image search: [Google]
1453111767503.jpg
29 KB, 440x230
You wouldn't believe how much they raped the lore in this game, but what do you expect when you've got people who don't read, let alone get, Tolkien working on this crap.

>The Eagles are depicted as animals no smarter than horses and live to serve you as your taxis and packmules in spite of being a fiercely independent and sapient race in the books.
>Dwarves are reduced to low-brow comedy relief and do nothing but make references to alcohol and Dwarf Fortress. Also, there's a dwarf that goes streaking.
>Elves all wear skimpy bikinis and fight with katanas.
>Anybody can be a wizard now.
>Barrow-Wights are literally hobbit zombies that moan "braaaains"
>Gollum's uncle is in the game and he's just Gollum's model with a cheesy mustache and an obsession for little girls instead of the Ring.
>Hagrid makes a cameo in this game. he just says "You dun it nao, Ranja" and attacks you.
>>
>>343040205
Cancelled my preorder.
>>
File: 1453595168982.png (136 KB, 622x626) Image search: [Google]
1453595168982.png
136 KB, 622x626
>>343040205
3/10 bait.

>and an obsession for little girls instead of the RIng,
Lol'd though,
>>
>>343040205
Godlike pasta 2bh pham
>>
File: xcom-2-alien-hunters.jpg (622 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
xcom-2-alien-hunters.jpg
622 KB, 1200x675
>>343039338
Sauron is not Melkor. You also do not even kill Sauron.
>>
Anyone else sad there was no Shadows of Mordor 2 announced at E3?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.