[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Multiplayer game >You get hyped for it >you see some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10
File: 1457218033480.jpg (28 KB, 446x399) Image search: [Google]
1457218033480.jpg
28 KB, 446x399
>Multiplayer game
>You get hyped for it
>you see some class diversity or some playstyle that interests you
>You think "of yeah I'm going to be [class] and I'm going to kick a lot of ass and have a lot of fun"
>You imagine yourself being good at the game and enjoying the experience
>You get the game
>You discover the game has a bottlenecked meta
>The class or playstyle you like is 90% of the time shit
>The best set of playstyle/class choice is ultimately the simplest and most boring
>Focus on exploits and essentially breaking the game become the main factors of competing.
>All of this drains you of your interest in the game.
>You realize what you want will never happen, that getting good at the game is a chore and the competitive aspect is an autistic mess.

It happens every time
>>
File: enXPmxk.png (153 KB, 480x354) Image search: [Google]
enXPmxk.png
153 KB, 480x354
So overwatch thread?
>>
>>343037279
>the game is a chore

spot on
>>
>playing video games
>>
Hello frog - o
>>
Go fuck yourself Blizzard
>>
>>343037815

I was thinking of every multiplayer game I've ever played.

It's like we delude ourselves into thinking we're going to do great until we realize the mechanics are never good enough and end sucking the fun out the game.
>>
File: 1450974014171.jpg (68 KB, 668x712) Image search: [Google]
1450974014171.jpg
68 KB, 668x712
>>343038269
>>
>>343037279
>>Multiplayer game

I've experienced the same issue in multiplayer games. If you don't follow the meta you end up losing all the time as soon as people start gitting gud. But if you do follow the meta you feel bored as shit because you're doing the same thing everyone else is doing.

The key is to abandon multiplayer games and stick with singleplayer. At least if a singleplayer game has unbalanced weapons or classes you can just choose not to use them for the sake of giving yourself a challenge.
>>
>>343037279
Play Savage resurrection then m8
>>
>>343039414

But then singleplayer never quite hits the same endorphin triggers you get when you face another player.
>>
>>343040052
but this is addiction, anon

stop it
>>
File: STC.jpg (466 KB, 564x818) Image search: [Google]
STC.jpg
466 KB, 564x818
>>343038656
Yeah I guess you're right. Also pic unrelated I just really like it.
>>
File: image.gif (112 KB, 255x231) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
112 KB, 255x231
>>343040052
>go on a massive kill streak
>run out of ammo
>start running to an ammo crate
>suddenly a guy shows up out of nowhere
>don't stop, keep running
>he's running after me too
>tfw my heart starts racing because I want to live
>>
IT's single player games that do that for me.

>get new game
>start playing
>want to enjoy game but ocd makes me want to get collectibles
>check online through a bunch of guides and have one next to me
>autistically checking off every nook and cranny
>game has stats
>time to open another guide and read through countless forums on what the best build is

tl;dr modern single player games are boring slogs. maybe im just old. all i play now is street fighter and overwatch.
>>
File: Allison_Tex45fc47a1b3db3.jpg (13 KB, 285x211) Image search: [Google]
Allison_Tex45fc47a1b3db3.jpg
13 KB, 285x211
>>343037279
>tfw you break the meta
>your theory becomes meta

Nice
>>
>Game has different playstyles
>I like the high skill/high reward one
>I am shit at the game so I can't perform well with said class
>I go on 4chan to complain about how boring and shit the game is
>I never git gud because that's autistic lol
>I buy the next multiplayer game hoping i can pick a high skill/high reward class that will takes no effort to use
>tfw I can never look cool by using the hard class

Fucking shitty designed games, why can't I do amazing things without having to git gud? It's literally not fair.
>>
File: killingfloor.jpg (124 KB, 1300x873) Image search: [Google]
killingfloor.jpg
124 KB, 1300x873
>>343037279
This is why I've resorted to playing co-op games to scratch that multiplayer itch. PvP is cancer
>>
>>343040404

You aren't alone, the reason you feel like using a guide is the incentive of "discovery" feels less rewarding.

There are better things to do then toss around numbers, so you just skip all the bullshit and look up builds and secrets.
>>
>>343040382
>OCV and entire team of 8 on Dirty Bomb Execution as Aura
>Straight up played perfect game of all headshots and wall jumping over obstacles and opponents
>Straight shaking after I shotgun the last guy in face

The nerves were real because people were coaching me and getting crazy on the mic.
>>
>>343040596
Are you the Jew in the foreground or the other guy?
>>
>>343040382
>>343040052

I'll admit the rush from multiplayer games is more exhilarating than the rush from singleplayer games, but still, the amount of bullshit you have to go through for that rush makes it not worth it. For every awesome round that comes down to the last second, there are 10 lame rounds where everyone on your team wants to snipe and you get rolled.

Besides, artificial intelligence in vidoegames is always improving. In 10 years we may have A.I. that can't be distinguished from a real player.
>>
>>343041048
>Killing floor

I want to like KF2 so badly but I feel like the developers have no fucking idea what they're doing. Every patch just messes up the game in a slightly different way than it was messed up before.

>"Hay guise, berserker and firebug are overpowered... how should we fix this?"
>"Let's rework their skill trees and introduce a new perk, that'll make the playerbase happy!"

And now both of the perks are useless and every HoE game is just sharpshooters and medics.... dammit TWI.
>>
File: 1437129248398.gif (2 MB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
1437129248398.gif
2 MB, 400x286
>>343037279
Still didn't stop me from using the ballistic knife and uzi in black ops and playing xerath in lol
>>
>>343041357
>In 10 years we may have A.I. that can't be distinguished from a real player.

Considering how most people are retards and every developer thinks more polygons=better game, I say we're already there.
>>
>>343037279
Hello Planetside 2
>>
>>343040043
Is it actually good though?
Is it even alive? Steam only shows a handful of people playing, ever.
>>
>>343041357
it's not the same
>>
>>343041070
Some games are just straight up designed for wiki use these days. Dark Souls 3 was fucking painful for me and I loved the previous games.

It doesn't help that some games have super nonsensical puzzles that require some third party input to figure out. I got Stasis recently and while it was overall enjoyable, some of the puzzles require a godly level of perception.
>>
>>343041773
Too true anon, too true.
>tfw modern gamers can't work out quests in Fallout 4, of all games
How the fuck have we, as a species, survived this long?
>>
File: d.va players.png (924 KB, 947x677) Image search: [Google]
d.va players.png
924 KB, 947x677
>>343037279
>>
>>343042454
thumbs up
>>
>>343041597
Yeah, KF2 is far from perfect and I still think KF1 was a better game overall, but there really aren't a lot of other good co-op games around, so it's hard to complain.

I'm a scrub though, I just play on Hard for fun.
>>
>>343042264

Not even godly level, some faggots just suck at doing endearing puzzles.

Postgame Environement Station alpha is the epitome of this.

Starts out nice with descent hints regarding a room locked by 4 pillars, with info to the rooms that unlock them.

After a certain point you discover an alien language and if you like deciphering it gives you enough hints to figure out the alphabet.

After that it goes through such an autistic mess of bullshit you'd need a guide for some of it. For example, there is a specific room that requires you to type a code in, the code of which is distributed through alien characters hidden in the walls across the map.
>>
>>343037279
>My class is shit
>>
>>343040856

I feel bad that you didn't get the (you) you were so desperately seeking.
Here. Have it.
>>
>>343037279
Dark souls 3
>got excited
>went and made a roman soldier with a big huge greatshield and a good spear
>try to PVP
>everyone is using straight swords
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.