[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ODST & Reach
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (367 KB, 1280x1278) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
367 KB, 1280x1278
What went wrong?
>>
>ODST
Too short and doesn't work as a linear game

>Reach
Unnecessary gameplay changes
>>
>ODST
No actual stealth mechanics and Rookie pretty much playing exactly like Chief. Other than that, nothing at all. Best OST of the series.
>Reach
Bad maps
>>
>>343030353
Reach is one of the best more modern halo games.
>>
>>343030957
yeah, real stealth would've made the game like 10x better. as it is it was decent, maybe third best campaign

reach is fucking irredeemable garbage, just so fucking boring
>>
>>343030957
>Bad maps
But it had way better maps than 3 did. 3 only had like 2-3 good ones, Reach had Powerhouse, Boneyard, swordbase and a bunch of remade ones from Halo 2
>>
>>343030957

Reach is fine, some of its maps are not as good as the other games, but they had fewer good maps and just a couple amazing ones instead.
>>
File: 1461603934489.gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
1461603934489.gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>343031295
>>
File: Rol.jpg (11 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
Rol.jpg
11 KB, 251x242
>>343031295
>Swordbase
>Good
>>
File: Smugtana.jpg (8 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
Smugtana.jpg
8 KB, 250x200
>>343031295
>Guardian
>The Pit
>Sandtrap
>Valhalla
>Narrows
>High Ground
>Snowbound
>Not all god tier
>>
ODST was so fucking cool. Even though you basically played Chief-lite I really felt like the underdog for a lot of it. Dark cities and smooth jazz fucking made that game awesome. It's on cool having to be the careful fighter in modern FPS games even if it's mostly notional.

I'd love to play a Warhammer 40k game where you and your friends from some shithole hive world a billion miles away have Band of Brothers adventure in the Imperial Guard, surviving by the skin of your teeth and and valor beyond valor. Maybe eventually becomes inquisitors or some shit.

Instead we'll get more dipshit Space Marine games. Kill me.
>>
>ODST
short expansion sold as full game just because it also came with all the maps. Also did not have the true feeling they wanted to convey, with being a squishy human as you still ended up taking on covenant head on multiple tiomes rather than sneak around and the AI immediately zoining in on you if you attempted to stealth. Firefight was glorious. Not a bad game, just didnt hit its potential.

>Reach
Testing ground for early Destiny gameplay. Campaign shits over established lore, leaving dual wielding behind was a good idea but then they also bring ina bunch of new, shitty weapons to make up for the fact the dueal wieldable ones are gone. Multiplayer is a mess and it was fucking 343 who saved it. Firefight in this mode is nowhere near as good as ODSTs
>>
ODST is one of the comfiest games ever
>>
File: Truth.gif (2 MB, 328x264) Image search: [Google]
Truth.gif
2 MB, 328x264
>>343032294
Truth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33LGMafuJx8
>>
>>343030353

>Reach
Black Character. Not enough space fights. No space fighting in Multi-player.

>ODST
Black character... that's it.
>>
>>343033941
I don't have a proper reaction image to this

someone please post a confused man with many question marks around his head
>>
>>343034480
>>
>>343034618
I said many
>>
>>343031295
>Powerhouse

Awful map flow centered around top GL, fine in theory but top GL has awful spawns that will spawn the other team behind you on the rocks. Tons of useless fringe space.

>Swordbase
80+ percent winrate for red team, complete garbage. Bottom half of the map is useless.

> bunch of remade ones from Halo 2
They were all terrible forge remakes that played nothing like the originals. Ivory Tower remake wasn't forge world but still had fucked up spawns and was ruined by jetpack.

Reach had one good map before the DLC: Zealot. Countdown is also decent for CTF.
>>
>>343030353
ODST
>$60 for an expansion pack
>no firefight matchmaking
>"stealth"
>mechanics play exactly the same as 3 despite being a normal human
>characters are a bunch of Firefly expies

Reach
>breaks established lore
>bloom
>multiplayer maps reused from campaign
>wooden characters, only Jorge was likeable
>fps drops
>shoddy voice acting
>never actually take the covenant head on in battle
>no dedicated playlist without armor abilities

but I still enjoyed them
>>
I like reach end.
>>
File: Batman's fucking pissed.jpg (21 KB, 341x382) Image search: [Google]
Batman's fucking pissed.jpg
21 KB, 341x382
>>343030353
>ODST
>The start of the almighty single wield
>protagonist more flat than Chief
>despite just having armor you still have the shield system (you just can only see the health bar)
>the bulk of the plot has already happened by the time you're playing and you're just sight seeing the leftovers
>nothing established by the end has any impact on what happens in 3
>343 Studios decided Buck was a better character to work with and killed off Rookie in one of the books

Reach
>if you knew anything about Reach before picking up the game, you already knew what the outcome was going to be
>half the maps were made with the Forge system as apposed to making unique ones from scratch
>if you didn't have a DMR, you were going to lose most 1 on 1 shootouts (not counting the power weapons)
>>
>>343036052
>>the bulk of the plot has already happened by the time you're playing and you're just sight seeing the leftovers
I loved this
>>
>>343036052
also
>>if you knew anything about Reach before picking up the game, you already knew what the outcome was going to be
Yeah that was kind of the point
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDfTR6dEJOo
>From the beginning you know the end
>>
>>343031972
Avalanche
Rat's Nest
Sandbox
Cold Storage
Standoff
Construct
Isolation

Were all great as well.
>>
I don't know what is worse, 343i's handle of Halo Lore or Bethesda's handle of Fallout lore

Halo filled the void that 40k left with the fact that it had a story that Progressed.

While the games focused on the Master Chief and the discovery of the Forerunners and their civilization along with the War against the Covenant, that was only the end of 25 years of war.

With 343i though they just did anime super soldiers in spess shooting aliums but actually guys remember that humans are the worse and they should all die :DDDDDD
>>
>>343034906
>Awful map flow centered around top GL, fine in theory but top GL has awful spawns that will spawn the other team behind you on the rocks. Tons of useless fringe space.
Odd since I thought Powerhouse was the best map of that game. Countdown would be the second best.

>Swordbase
Yep this map was complete garbage and the worst map of any Halo game.

>Reach had one good map before the DLC: Zealot.
This map was broken pre patch man. People abused the space area a lot. It was easy to kill people there and camp.
>>
>>343036052
>The start of the almighty single wield
What's wrong with this?

>the bulk of the plot has already happened by the time you're playing and you're just sight seeing the leftovers
This was an interesting unique approach. So many games follow the same cliches.

>if you didn't have a DMR, you were going to lose most 1 on 1 shootouts (not counting the power weapons)
Same with BR honestly.
>>
>>343033941

Black character voiced by Nolan North.

kek
>>
>>343035203
>mechanics play exactly the same as 3
Incorrect. You did not play it. Disregarded.
>>
>>343030353
>ODST
A little slow paced compared to the other Halos, so that could turn some people off.

>Reach
It had Spartan women. That excuses most of it's problems.
>>
>>343037328
oh fuck you're right

you actually run faster, have more health, and carry more grenades than in 3 (despite not being a genetically engineered superhuman)
>>
>>343037527
>It had Spartan women. That excuses most of it's problems.

You fags are the worst. Either go get actual pussy or stop being a limp wristed SJW.
>>
ODST has the best campaign of all of the halos.

Reach was great, though as far as multiplayer goes I prefer Halo 3. I just wasn't a big fan of the loadout system.
>>
>>343037328
IIRC the only real difference was the lack of dual wielding and health regen. ODST is probably my favourite Halo but they still could have done more to separate it from H3.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.