[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the absolute fuck was this ending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 18
File: tactics.jpg (22 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
tactics.jpg
22 KB, 250x250
What the absolute fuck was this ending
>>
You didn't get tipped off that the game had a ridiculous story until the ending?
>>
>>343013774
Honestly the story wasn't bad
The only ridiculous thing was the endless chain of betrayal but even then I didn't mind

I just thought there would be some light at the end of the tunnel of dismay but nah, just more.
>>
>>343013965

You should play Suikoden II. Did everything FFTactics did, but better. Including the ending (of which there are multiple).
>>
>>343012743
Something Game of Thrones couldn't touch in a million years: Something good.
>>
The only people I know who had issue with the ending were literal christfags buttflustered their entire dogma was torn about by a xenophobic christcucked writer from japan.
>>
At first I thought I got a bad ending because I didn't toss a phoenix down at sis before finishing the last boss.
>>
Delita was the ends absolutely justify the means sort of guy.

Also he did nothing wrong.

(neither did Marche)
>>
>>343012743
Don't blame me, blame yourself or god.
>>
>>343012743
Ramza was the hero Ivalice deserved but not the one it needed
>>
>>343012743
>What the absolute fuck was this ending

Ramza goes to the underworld to prevent St. Ajora from gaining entrance to the world of the mortals and to save his sister. Ramza stops St. Ajora, and it's left open ended about whether or not Ramza really died.

Delita becomes king through Ovelia, Ovelia believes Delita was just lying to her and using her and she stabs him to punish him for all she believes he has done and Delita kills her in his defense.
Delita really did love her though, and she was the only person who really understood him. Delita is forced to realize that in the end by the means he took he only gained a hollow victory.

Poor Olan gets deemed a heretic and is executed for recording the truth.
>>
File: 1465867062300.png (281 KB, 637x637) Image search: [Google]
1465867062300.png
281 KB, 637x637
>no sleep playing all day because on a roll
>that tired as fuck, forcing your eyes open, surreal feeling
>universe imploding when you kill it/her whatever

a fucking blast
>>
>>343015547
Agree, he pretty much had the bad end of the whole story, he became the person he hated the most
>>
>>343015547
I didn't mean literally
I meant why does everyone have to suffer so much
>>
>>343016334

Many writers think that having a bad ending makes the story more 'deep'.
>>
>>343016224
>Agree, he pretty much had the bad end of the whole story, he became the person he hated the most

Delita didn't become the person he hated most, he wasn't even a bad person in the end. Delita never kills anyone that doesn't deserve it, nobody innocent dies by his hands. You could say Ovelia was innocent, but she fucking stabbed him so... That doesn't leave him with many options.
What's tragic is that after everything he sacrificed and all the lengths he went to in order to change the corrupt world that took his only family from him, in the end there was nobody left in the world to enjoy with him the new world he would create.
Delita and Ramza are both heroes that gave everything to secure a better world for the future. Ramza gave his life, and Delita gave his soul.
>>
>>343016334
>I meant why does everyone have to suffer so much

Because that's the cost to forge a new world for the future. You don't get to save the world and save yourself at the same time, something is always sacrificed that can never be replaced. Your life, your innocence, your friends, your family, there is always something that doesn't make it with you out of the war.

That's the whole point of the story.
>>
>>343015547
>and it's left open ended about whether or not Ramza really died.
It's clearly stated and shown he's alive. Ramza dying was fantheory wanking.
>>
>>343014740
The only people I know who had issue with the ending were literal fedorafags buttflustered that a video game dealt with religion and faith by a writer from japan.
>>
>>343018010
>It's clearly stated and shown he's alive. Ramza dying was fantheory wanking.

No it's not, Ramza and Alma are show riding off on their chocobos, but it states that they were never seen again.
1.) how the fuck did they leave the underworld after a massive fucking explosion. If it was that easy to leave the underworld then why the fuck did all of the Lucavi require conduits to escape into the mortal world? It's also stated that when you get into the underworld that there's no going back.
2.) It's clearly stated that Ramza and Alma were never seen again.

The scene showing them at the end is basically just an "or are they?" to the clear conclusion the story suggests of them being dead.
That scene aside, nothing suggests they're actually alive.

>It's clearly stated and shown he's alive.

It's never stated, and only shown in an ambiguous way.
>>
File: FFT - ramza lives.png (511 KB, 1024x600) Image search: [Google]
FFT - ramza lives.png
511 KB, 1024x600
>>343018952
Ramza lives.
>>
>>343019975
>Ramza lives.

Yeah, because Twitter comments are totally canon.
That's "Hermoine is black" level nonsense.
>>
>>343020368

J.K. Rowling was canonically wrong. There was material within the books to contradict what she said.

That's not the case here.
>>
>>343020368
They literally show him walking around with his sister on chocobos after his death. I know you want to believe its an "unreliable narrator" situation but there's absolutely no reason to believe that based on what you actually see in the game. Ramza lives, saying otherwise is just a retarded fan theory, lord know Final Fantasy has enough of them already.
>>
>>343018952
Ramza and Alma's survival could be due to their vague connection to Ultima (Alma was supposed to be her vessel, Ramza and Alma can both learn Ultima) that would certainly explain why only they got out unscathed when Ultima tried to draw in more power and destroyed Murond Death Palace or whatever

>>343020368
>we see Ramza alive at the end of the game
>director says "yeah he was alive"
The fuck are we supposed to trust if not the writer/director
>>
>>343020691
>That's not the case here.

It's exactly the case here. Canon states that they could not leave the underworld. Furthermore they took the Zodiac stones with them so who is going to summon them out of there presuming that like when Malak was revived that the stones could likely be used to bring good people back into the mortal world.
There was a big ritual and magic circle that had to be formed to even open the gate down there and it was destroyed.
Nobody in Ramza's party would know how to create something similar to escape through, even if the explosion at the end didn't kill them.

There's no actual evidence of them being alive other than a scene of them riding chocobos which could have been an illusion or the ghost of them or something stupid like that.
>>
>>343020960
>Ramza and Alma's survival could be due to their vague connection to Ultima

Perhaps, but it doesn't answer how they got out of there and additionally in order to learn Ultima you have to survive it which indicates that it would still deal damage.

>The fuck are we supposed to trust if not the writer/director

The actual story presented to us in the game?
>>
>>343015124
>Marche

Out.
>>
>>343015547
IIRC Delita may have just punched Ovelia and not killed her. The graphics aren't too clear and it plays the punch sound effect. Remember, she was his substitute Teta so it wouldn't make sense for him to kill her.
>>
>>343021735
>the actual story presented to us in the game?
There's an ending cinematic that shows Ramza and alma riding off on chocobos and settling somewhere else, you know?

It's more than just "Olan witnesses them at the funeral and is unsure if he's hallucinating"
>>
>>343021395
>There's no actual evidence of them being alive other than a scene of them being alive that I can make retarded theories about being an illusion despite there being no indication of that being a possibility
>>
File: Best Paladin 2.jpg (72 KB, 600x867) Image search: [Google]
Best Paladin 2.jpg
72 KB, 600x867
>>343013965
>>
ANIMALS HAVE NO GODS!
>>
>>343015376
You have that the wrong way around.
>>
>>343020838
It's been a REALLY long time but wasn't this scene in a cemetary. They could have been ghosts, I suppose.
>>
>>343022574
Ghosts riding ghost chocobos?
>>
>>343013965
>endless chain of betrayals

It's been a long while since I played. What's the master list of the betrayal conga line?
>>
>>343021395

I honestly don't know how much more evidence you need. You've got the writer's input in multiple ways: the game and a specific statement on Twitter.

You're on the same level as 9/11 truthers.
>>
>>343022191
>The graphics aren't too clear and it plays the punch sound effect

Watch it again, he takes the dagger that she stabbed him with and stabs her in the gut with it.
>>
>>343022341
>He really thinks Bruce Willis is alive in The Sixth Sense.

"C'mon guys, you can SEE him, clearly he's alive."
>>
>>343022191
There's definitely a little curvy dagger depicted in delita's hand.

Delita may have been "in love" with Ovelia, they may have shared a cute little hug after that scene where he broke her spirit and demoralized her, but ever since teta's death Delita had been a broken man.

His love for Ovelia was abusive and controlling, and eventually she realized that she would have no free will under him, and began to see him as just another in the line of people who had manipulated and used her for power. So her desperation drives her to attack Delita, however unwise that action may be.

Delita began as a "subservient" lashing out at his "manipulators", and then completed the role reversal when the "subservient" one he had been manipulating lashed out at him. This is delita's realization at the end, when he calls out to Ramza, asking if it was all worth it.
>>
>>343016334
>I need flowers and sparkles and a happy ending for everyone
Fag
>>
>>343024556
Except the argument is more akin to a retard saying Bruce Willis actually WAS alive because he can't handle that the movie revealed something different than his preconceived notion.
>>
>>343024317
>I honestly don't know how much more evidence you need.

Oh I don't know, maybe an explanation for how Ramza and Alma did the thing that they said in the game you can't do?
Maybe I'd like to see Ramza interact with another human being in the world in some tangible way?

Seriously, the guy is never seen again, never interacts with anyone, and there's no explanation for how he is alive and back in the mortal world... But somehow I'm the silly one while you sit there like "LOL DEY SAID ON TWITTER! YOU SEE RAMZA, HE NOT DED."

I guess that settles it and we don't need to worry about any of the clear contradictions that ending would bring up.
>>
>>343016458
Do you know how fast you were projecting back there?
>>
>>343024894
>Except the argument is more akin to a retard saying Bruce Willis actually WAS alive because he can't handle that the movie revealed something different than his preconceived notion.

Except ghosts literally exist in the FFT universe and you fight them in a forest.
You can't prove that Ramza isn't a ghost in that scene... Not that Ramza being a ghost is any less of a stupid interpretation that the idea he inexplicably survived the events in the underworld and somehow made it back.

The game does NOT state that Ramza is alive anywhere. The game simply says he was never seen again and shows the scene of him and Alma and it's up to you to interpret it.
And no, the idea he is alive is not the logical interpretation.
>>
>>343025318
>never seen again
>what is going into hiding to live a peaceful life away from all the bullshit you experienced
>b-but how did he escape huh
Magic literally exists in their world
>>
What is the video game Final Fantasy easiest of all?

Final Fantasy game that is very easy. and that anyone can overcome
>>
'Ramza is dead' contrarian faggots are literally the most cancerous shits on this board.

He's shown alive in the game.

The writer says he's alive.

Yet here they are, saying 'but maybe!'. No, that's not how it works.

Maybe none of it actually happened. Maybe it was just a bullshit meta story someone in the game made up and you're literally reading a book.

Nope. Fuck off.
>>
>>343025761
Any of them if you aren't a retard, 8 only remotely approaches difficult because it's level system is fucked up and there are some mandatory battles with some characters you might not use while the enemies all scale to Squalls level

>tfw beat the end boss with a lvl 14 Selphie in my party
>>
>>343025318
>You can't prove that Ramza isn't a ghost in that scene...
If he was a ghost he would have been purple and floating above the floor idiot
>>
>>343025750
>Magic literally exists in their world

Yeah, the type of magic that neither Ramza nor Alma knows how to perform? The type of magic that even a group of super powerful demons couldn't use without the help of mortals on the other side? The type of magic that relied upon holy stones that are now down in the underworld instead of the mortal world where they could've been a conduit?

Furthermore, how the fuck are those two nobles going to survive without interacting with anyone?
Ramza is branded a heretic by the church so he's a wanted man.
Where are they going to live? Did I miss the part where both of them were agricultural experts or something, because how the fuck are they going to feed themselves?
If they can't grow their own shit then they have to go into town to purchase food and supplies, which would require interacting in a public area.
There's no record of any of that?
Literally nothing about the idea of him being alive adds up at all.
>>
File: Varying Degrees of DAYUM.png (2 MB, 1295x604) Image search: [Google]
Varying Degrees of DAYUM.png
2 MB, 1295x604
>>343024216
Same here, but iirc:
>death corps are betrayed by the nobility, betray nobility in turn
>king dies, crown should go to child heir
>brother of king declares himself guardian
>relative of heir declares himself guardian, lion war
>dycedarg acts like a total rat bastard, sides with one of those two
>church acts as impartial moderator calling for war to stop; betrays princess since she's useful for catapulting the church into the role of a savior
>dycedarg betrays prince he's allegedly serving
>weigraf, after losing with the death corp, joins church
>church are betrayed by zodiac stones
>weigraf betrays memory of his sister while possessed
>delita betrays absolutely everyone and everything he ever held dear
>Olan gets betrayed somewhere, pretty sure
>TGCid gets betrayed (I think that's why he joins your part?)
>Zalbag discovers that Dycedarg poisoned their father, 'betrays' him
>later, possessed Zalbag is forced to fight Ramza while slowly losing his memories, Ramza has to kill his non-awful halfbrother

I'm pretty sure there's more, but it's been years
>>
>>343026096
I'm surprised you remembered all that but forgot gafgarion betraying the rest of Ramza's party and trying to kill Ovelia
>>
>>343026289
>If he was a ghost he would have been purple and floating above the floor idiot

And if he went to the underworld he wouldn't have been able to get back, but apparently it's more believable that he could get back versus the idea that he's not a purple floaty ghost.
>>
>>343026332
Not everyone is and helpless as you are and other nations exist, it's as simple as crossing a border and changing your name
I have to ask are you autistic and is Ramza being dead somehow crucial to your world view
>>
At least Tactics Ogre has a good ending.
>>
>>343026334
>Ramza has to kill his non-awful halfbrother

>Literally the guy who ordered Teta to be executed

How do people forget that Zalbag is actually a terrible bastard? Realizing that Dycedarg is a big cuntbag that killed their father does not redeem Zalbag. Zalbag is a fucking monster.
>>
>>343026637
>I have to ask are you autistic and is Ramza being dead somehow crucial to your world view

Bitch, you say that like nobody is arguing with me and being autistic over a conclusion that has less support than mine.
Believing Ramza is alive is literally the most infantile superficial interpretation of the game's ending.
Believing Ramza is alive is choosing to be a pleb.
>>
File: feel guy smiling.gif (18 KB, 534x640) Image search: [Google]
feel guy smiling.gif
18 KB, 534x640
>tfw stripping gafgarion before the bridge
>>
>>343026792

Refresh my memory on what Zalbag did, pls.
>>
>>343026581
So what were Olan and Valmafra just having a collective hallucination of Ramza and Alma

What reason would the director have to lie about his game years later, if his intent was for Ramza and Alma to be dead

They were in a magical place with a magical evil deity with a bunch of fucking magical stones that no one quite knows the extent of their fucking magical power, the nature of which is contradicted on at least one occasion, in a setting filled with characters who constantly lie, and we're supposed to take "you can't get out of the underworld" at face value, instead of assuming that MAYBE just MAYBE there isn't enough concentrated magical fuckery on that Boat to get two people who are shown to have some undefined connection to one of the most powerful magical entities in the setting back into the material world? That's too far fetched?
>>
File: 1457495656013.jpg (40 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1457495656013.jpg
40 KB, 604x453
>>343027132
>read on CheatsCentral that on the final Gafgarion fight if you break all of Gafgarion's equipment, and his body disappears, you have a chance of taking his Dark Sword technique
>spend 5 hours trying this before giving up
>>
>>343026792
Zalbag was a noble asshole, sure, but he actually held up the other end of the whole nobility schtick. Sure, I'm better than them, but in exchange I have to act like it; honorably, bravely, a martial leader of men, a feudal lord.

Not some poisoning, backstabbing rat. And when he found out, he damn well did something about it. I did forget that part though, no lie.
>>
>>343027268
>Refresh my memory on what Zalbag did, pls.

Oh nothing really important, he just ordered Algus to shoot and kill Delita's sister so they could shoot the guy holding her hostage. It was only a pivotal moment in the story that drove everything Delita did and demonstrated how disgusting the nobles really were.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1901x1444) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1901x1444
>>343027132
>tfw stripping Elmdor during the fight with him
>>
>>343026010
I never understand how every time someone disagrees with another on this board they become the worst thing since reddit. How the fuck is Ramza discussed nearly enough to be considered the most cancerous?
>>
>>343027386
>So what were Olan and Valmafra just having a collective hallucination of Ramza and Alma

Potentially, yes.

>What reason would the director have to lie about his game years later, if his intent was for Ramza and Alma to be dead

If his intent was for them to be alive why didn't he state that they were alive instead of leaving it vague?

>the nature of which is contradicted on at least one occasion

The nature of them being "evil"? If you're talking about Malak being revived that didn't contradict anything, it served to prove that they were mistaken about what the stones really were. They work off the emotions and heart of the user. Rafa is pure hearted so the magic that was activated was something benevolent.
The demons were summoned by the intense negative emotions of those in possession of the stone. That's what made Ramza and his party mistakenly think that they were evil stones. There stones actually aren't good or evil, they're just a powerful source of magical energy.

>we're supposed to take "you can't get out of the underworld" at face value

Seeing as how super powerful demons couldn't do it and opening the gate to there took a whole special ritual, I would say yes... We should take it at face value since no explanation is offered otherwise.
>>
>>343016334
>I meant why does everyone have to suffer so much

that's what the game is fucking about
>>
>>343027565
>Sure, I'm better than them, but in exchange I have to act like it; honorably, bravely, a martial leader of men, a feudal lord.

No, he treated the commoners like they were cattle.
Zalbag KNEW Teta, she wasn't a stranger. She was his sister's classmate and the sister of his younger brother's closest friend.
Zalbag thought so little of commoners that she was disposable despite being otherwise what a person would perceive as a close friend of the family.
To Zalbag it was no different from killing livestock that your family had raised.
>>
l i t t l e m o n e y
>>
>>343028371
>If his intent was for them to be alive why didn't he state that they were alive instead of leaving it vague?
There was nothing vague about it. They are shown alive, walking off into the sunset. The whole "no one can escape the underworld" bit is just to raise the stakes, make it seem like that much more of a dire situation and a potential sacrifice which makes it more satisfying when our heroes pull through, this shit happens in TONS of RPGs. There is absolutely no reason to believe that the two showing up at the end aren't real. There's no reason that they couldn't have made themselves scarce and "never be seen again" by people who knew who they were. You people are as bad as "LINK IS DEAD IN MAJORA'S MASK" faggots.
>>
File: 1291826638188.gif (1 MB, 478x357) Image search: [Google]
1291826638188.gif
1 MB, 478x357
>original FFTactics is a Machiavellian black hole of betrayal, suffering, and murder
>next two FFTactics are kiddie shit about friendship and animals in clothes

JUST FUCK MY SERIES UP, SENPAI
>>
File: 1466089330837.jpg (37 KB, 449x546) Image search: [Google]
1466089330837.jpg
37 KB, 449x546
>>343028730
>>
>>343028884
just play tactics ogre luct
>>
>>343028371
>If his intent was for them to be alive why didn't he state that they were alive instead of leaving it vague?

If his intent was for them to be dead why didn't he state that they were dead instead of leaving it vague?
>>
>>343029009
I love Tactics Ogre. Why won't they put out a new one already?
>>
>>343028371
Ritual or not, they clearly made it back.

https://youtu.be/olVi0sAu-dY?t=163

Not only do they walk by Olan, but the fucking 3D cutscene shows them running off and doing whatever on their chocobos. The chocobos also fucking drink water, so don't try to tell me they're riding ghost chocobos.

Their ability to escape is the only vague part, and that's probably just to make the surprise that they're alive after the final battle that much better.

Who knows, maybe he was also planning a sequel that could have said more, but it never got made.
>>
Ramza and Zack are my two favorite final fantasy heroes.

Both have sad endings too ;_;
>>
>>343029063
Square seems uninterested in making SRPGs. Maybe with this new studio of theirs that's focused on reviving classic style RPGs we'll see a bit of a revival.
>>
>>343028371
>If his intent was for them to be alive why didn't he state that they were alive

You mean like he did on Twitter?
>>
>>
>>343028797
>They are shown alive, walking off into the sunset.

It depends on what you're talking about. That's the scene in the PSP version which doesn't show them interacting with anyone, but in the original version (for who knows what fucking reason) they stroll through the cemetery while Olan is there and he calls out to them but they say nothing.
The Delita's bitch is there, but she walks away and returns, missing the whole event.

It should also be added that Olan is the one who recorded that Razma was never seen again since what's being read at the end there is Olan's record of the events.
Ramza and Alma never interact with anyone in either version.
Also, why the fuck would he stroll through his own fucking funeral if he wanted to hide?
It doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>343029291
Did Ramza cuck Delita?
>>
>>343029103
>Who knows, maybe he was also planning a sequel that could have said more, but it never got made.

The closest we got is Arazlam being quoted at the beginning of Vagrant Sory, and some item descriptions mentioning the "Zodiac Brave Story", and how Agrias, Beowulf, and Orlandu at least are known historical heroes now.

There's a theory that "Heiralis the brave" refers to Delita Heiral as well.
>>
>>343028371
>the zodiac stones are necessary for demons to escape the underworld and take physical form
>Ramza has at least like six or seven of them by the end of the game
>"nah there's no way he could have escaped the underworld despite possessing the keys to doing exactly that"
>>
>>343026334
>>Olan gets betrayed somewhere, pretty sure
I kekd
>>
>>343028371
>Potentially, yes.
Kill yourself
>>
>>343028645
He was molded by the society he was born into, and became no worse than he was intended.

Contrary to Ramza who broke the mold and became better than he was, or Dycedarg who broke the mold to become worse than he was.

Just a man like any other. Maybe a bit of a dick, but no devil-horns there.
>>
>>343030035
>Kill yourself

Only Olan "saw" them, the girl left and came back and missed the whole thing.
>>
>>343029414
2pure4cuck
>>
>>343027931
How the hell did you pull that off?
>>
>>343024991

The man who wrote every ounce of the game says he's alive. He's alive. Get over it. You're mad about ass-pulls in a fucking fantasy game.
>>
>>343012743

Goddamn... I beat this game when I was about 11 and I was not prepared for that ending. The whole conga line of betrayal thing was pretty damn amazing and, being a kid, I was expecting a big happy ending for the heroes and whatnot.

Then the airship thing happens.

And your funeral.

And then the princess you've been working so hard to keep safe for the whole game is killed by Delita.

I cried like a bitch. No other Final Fantasy ever came even remotely close to getting an emotional reaction from me that intense.
>>
File: 1461671782126.png (141 KB, 296x309) Image search: [Google]
1461671782126.png
141 KB, 296x309
>>343026334
>TGCid gets betrayed (I think that's why he joins your part?)

nah dude
he even faked his own death just so he can help you

also zalbaag didnt lose his memories
being reanimated as a dead zombie was in his words "painful" so ramza needed to put him down

shit nigga go replay this game
>>
Ramza and Delita is a story of contrast. They are foils for each other. Ramza stays true and always tries to do the right thing. Delita cheated the system to bring down the truly horrible from their seats of powers.

I liked the idea that Ramza died saving the world, and Olan only hallucinated Ramza. It would have worked better.

>Ramza
>Stays pure at heart
>Saves the world from a horrible deity.
>Dies saving the world

>Delita
>Lies and cheats
>Saves the country from a horrible war
>Dies due to the very people he betrayed

Unfortunately, the game's writer confirmed that Ramza actually did survive, along with Alma and the others.
>>
>>343031296
>also zalbaag didnt lose his memories
>being reanimated as a dead zombie was in his words "painful" so ramza needed to put him down
I think you killed him too fast.

But yeah, I would, but I loaned the disc to a friend, and... ._.
>>
>>343031702
well my recent (4 years ago) experience was from the psp version

i dont even remember shit when i played the ps1 version
>>
>>343031894
IIRC, he says it hurts at first, and then after a few turns says he's slowly losing his memories, and asks you to kill him while he's still him.
Hell, plenty of people died bad in that game, but I always thought he was one of the worst, noble asshole or no.
>>
does it hase the same story as the tactics for GBA?
>>
>>343028730
Why am I laughing
>>
>>343031052
It's not that hard if you come in planning for it. Lower his brave, martial arts, boost your thief's pa and spd, and then go to town on him.
>>
>>343032492
Everyone forgets that chicken makes reaction abilities not work
>>
>>343032338
it's far better than the GBA titles. There's actually some depth to the story. Shit, it's better than the majority of Final Fantasy titles
>>
>>343031635
>dies saving the world
He did not die.
>dies due to the people he betrayed
He didn't die, dude. He got stabbed but he stabbed Ovelia and left her to die.
>>
>>343032207
nah dude
he was like: it hurts, i cant control myself, kill me
>>
>>343032627
Most casual players probably don't even know the battle system well enough to realize how godlike Oracles are.

Then again they don't need to, that's one of the best things I love about FFT. You can basically complete the game anyway you want to with a little know how.
>>
>>343032783
Did you play psp or ps1 version?
>>
>>343032939
wotl like i said here >>343031894

so its probably different then
>>
>>343033043
I've never played WotL but I'm pretty certain about the memories thing being in the original. Along with the charmingly endearing engrish.
>>
>>343012743
2deep4u
>>
>>343032939
different anon here, but.. I never touched the PSP version and why would I touch it if it's changed by squareenix.
>>
>>343015124
Who the fuck is Marche?

I've played Tactics almost 20 times and I cannot remember that name.
>>
>>343016334
Because it's a great fuckin' game and sometimes shit doesn't always work out.
>>
>>343033749
she's in the other tactic game. I haven't played it though.
>>
>>343034259
he, wow so many typos tonight.
>>
File: 34-capture_29012011_104310.png (57 KB, 512x480) Image search: [Google]
34-capture_29012011_104310.png
57 KB, 512x480
>COME OUT MY FAGGOT DEMONS
>>
>>343024991
>final boss is fucking jesus demon
>somehow people magically surviving is out of the question

for fucks sake the entire second half of the plot is an asspull, why stop there
>>
File: Sunset Riders.jpg (107 KB, 1000x416) Image search: [Google]
Sunset Riders.jpg
107 KB, 1000x416
>>343021395
The canon states that the Zodiac stones can perform miracles when used by the pure of heart. Knowing that, it's not hard to imagine that they could escape a hell hole with some magic rocks. What bothers me is how the rest of your party dies and Ramza/Alma are the only survivors.
>>
>>343028645
Zalbag doesn't negotiate with terrorists. If anything he put his job and duty before his own personal emotions and sacrificed Teta in the process. The Death Corps were literal terrorists who committed murders and kidnappings. The guy was one of the high ranking members of said terrorist organization. Letting him live to save Delita's sis would have just resulted in more deaths in the future.
>>
>>343035390
I would guess the miracle includes all your friends if you ask nicely. They probably didn't bother showing any other named characters because they can't be sure they survived/weren't kicked out. Which is probably why they tend not to have story relevance either.
>>
>>343031052
first off, I brought the following

Ramza as squire/chemist
Agrias as holy knight/chemist
Generic Time Mage/Mediator
Generic Ninja/Thief
Generic Knight/Chemist

Stock up on Phoenix downs to keep everyone alive, make sure at least one chemist knows holy water

Steal meliadoul's chantage. Give it to Agrias. Now she always has reraise. Also, give her Excalibur. Now she's beefy and always has haste.

Steal Balk's blaze gun, give it to your time Mage so she can do big damage.

Give knight and time Mage an angel ring, I had two at this point in the game. It gives them one free reraise.

Give your ninja flash hat, Sprint shoes and MARTIAL ARTS. All of these boost their ability to steal things.

Kill Celia and lede ASAP, I used agrias's holy sword abilities and the blaze gun to kill them from afar.

Use your time Mage to HASTE the party and SLOW elmdor. He can be slowed, and in my game it always had 100% odds of hitting him. He can not be DONT MOVE'd or DONT ACT'd however.

Use Ramza's squire abilities to raise the speed stat of your ninja. Higher speed = more turns and better odds to steal.

Elmdor's blade grasp ability gives him a chance to block all physical attacks that is equal to his brave. He starts with 70 brave. Use your mediator's THREATEN to reduce his brave to zero - it had 100% odds in my session, and reduced it by 20 with each cast.

Once his brave is zero and he can actually be hit by attacks, use the knight's SPEED BREAK to lower his speed stat - this will give him less turns, meaning less chances to kill your party, and give your ninja better odds to steal from him.

When he's nice and slow and has no brave, send the ninja in to steal from him. They will have to be on roughly level terrain, and your best odds will come from stealing from behind him. I usually managed 40% chance to steal from behind.

Steal his shield first, since having it on him improves his chance to block, and it'll be easier to steal the other parts with it gone.
>>
>>343035390
Maybe the tweet about him being alive and adventuring in a land of another meant he was in another world, which doesn't necessarily explain how he was seen at the funeral, unless it was a hallucination anyway
Also they're not necessarily the only survivors, they may have just split up afterward
>>
>>343036869
Jesus, dude. Play other games.
>>
>>343019975
Actually he didn't have to explain that to you.

At the end of FFT we see Ramza and Alma on a Chocobo (Boco?) departing Ivalice, and Olan (was that his name?) was the witness.

I guess once news of Ovelia's murder spread he just decided to leave the culturally enriched Ivalice.
>>
File: 1294021902384.png (19 KB, 200x270) Image search: [Google]
1294021902384.png
19 KB, 200x270
Why are there not more games like this with the jobs system and mixing and matching skills?

This and tactics ogre are both loved by almost everyone that plays them but there is no follow-up.

Also, why is this not on steam?
>>
>>343038704
Cause it's broken as fuck, honestly. That sort of game design doesn't scale well in the long run.
>>
>>343037251
Probably not the case. We always remember autistic shit we did during our youth. I could give you a whole guide on DQ8, Metal Arms, Battlefront 2, THUG 2 shit.
>>
>>343038704
>Why are there not more games like this with the jobs system and mixing and matching skills?
Casuals wouldn't understand how to win. Fags will just post guides on best possible combinations to steam roll the game.

>Also, why is this not on steam?
Licenses, money, PC gamers wouldn't support the cost. If it came to the PS4 or mobile first Squeenix could justify using it as a cash grab by porting it to PC.
>>
>>343039270
>If it came to the PS4 or mobile first
There was already an ios port and they actually put effort into it. It actually has some decent improvements to the sprites here and there, and unlike 5 and 6 they didn't fuck it up horribly. I'm actually surprised they haven't ported it to PC already.
>>
>>343039553
Oh you mean War of the Lions. Yeah, it's a shame that hasn't come to PC yet. I understand Tactics Ogre not coming, but War of the Lions was already ported to mobile and Squeenix is already pushing out shitty ports like 5 and 6. Wonder why a quality one like War of the Lions isn't out.
>>
>>343038704
Bravely Default, for the non-SRPG crowd. those sick fucks
>>
>>343037251
this lvl of optimization is required by a lot of games if you're going to 100% the run
>>
>>343040337
And a major case of autism.
>>
>>343028884
>Friendship
>implying Marche didn't betray the entire world along with all his friends
>>
Why is Vagrant Story so shit compared to FFT and Tactics Ogre?
>>
File: reinforcements.gif (1 MB, 319x239) Image search: [Google]
reinforcements.gif
1 MB, 319x239
>>343043827
Come on, all of those games are great.
>>
>>343044808
You honestly liked the shitty crafting and constant inventory management?
>>
>>343012743
>Save sister. Put dick in sister. The End.

Things turned out alright, as far as I'm concerned.
>>
File: 1436754565238.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1436754565238.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>343037251

lol nah fuck you dudebro, this game aint for your kind
>>
>>343039270
>Fags will just post guides on best possible combinations to steam roll the game.

The game already tells you "give concentrate to a knight" and "give weapon break to an archer"
>>
File: guildenstern.jpg (133 KB, 650x1000) Image search: [Google]
guildenstern.jpg
133 KB, 650x1000
>>343044973
all the mechanics, the story and scene direction. all great. today's standards, that shit would never fly but with what they had to work with i loved it.
>>
>>343042964
Where do you think you are.jpg
Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.