[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright faggots, I need to know if I should play the NES versions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 400x340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 400x340
Alright faggots, I need to know if I should play the NES versions of Final Fantasy I & II or the PSP versions.
>>
>>343009679
NES if you want it to be hard
>>
PSP
>>
>>343009843
Are the PSP versions like way dumbed down?
>>
>>343009679

PS1 for FFI. NES ir Wonderswan if you can't.

Don't listen to any shitty literal child who tells you GBA or anything after; they fucked the magic system that was unique for the series to make it like everything else and it wrecked the balance. GBA and PSP only if you want casual babymode.

For FFII it's the opposite: GBA or PSP. Extra content and bugfixes put them ahead of previous versions.
>>
>>343010125
Did they switch to a point based system like the others, I played a little of the NES one a long time ago and it was like a d&d magic system.
>>
>>343010125
how are the magic systems different? I only played the GBA one
>>
>>343010314
GBA used an mp system.
>>
>>343009679
Play the PSP versions of both, they added a lot of content, really good arranged music and fixed a lot of things for FF2

>>343010125
>muh unique magic system

Is not unique and is honestly not better than the MP system.
>>
>>343009679
This idea >>343010125 that early FF needs to be some 2hard4u experience is pure autism, pay it no mind.

For these ancient games, you want the most comfy experience. JRPGs have advanced way beyond what FF 1 and 2 have to offer in terms of challenge anyway.
>>
>>343009679
FF1- PSP
FF2- PSP
FF3- NES
FFIV- Complete collection or PC remakes
FFV- SNES or GBA with restoration patches
FFVI- SNES or GBA with restoration patches
>>
>>343012727
I've played ff3 on ds, is the NES version alot different. I've played through 4, 5, and 6 as well.
>>
>>343010068
Oh yes.
>>
>>343013348
Honestly i didn't liked the DS/PSP version because really generic characters get hamfisted as protagonists. The soundtrack feels dumbed down too with the exception of the regular battle theme thought you can enable the original soundtrack on the PSP version. Mechanical wise the DS version gives you more options for using as final classes since in the original game there where two ultimate classes: Ninja and Sage.
For me it was a very different experience.
>>
>>343012727

>FFIII
>NES

>FFIV
>PC remake
>>
>>343012727
>PSP for FF1
where they made every battle really fucking easy yet the encounter rate is the same so the game is boring?

no thanks
>>
>>343014148
yes
>>
>>343014182
Yeah, because battles that drag for too long, even higher random encounter rates and archaic magic system is much better right?
>>
>>343014362
yes, at least it's more captivating than mashing A non-stop
>>
>>343014418
You talk like there's even a little bit of startegy on these games. All of them are pure RPGs so don't come to me with your "mash A to win" meme.
>>
>>343014535
there was strategy in FF1 for the NES, have you even played it?

you couldn't win by mashing A as your characters would just attack empty air, you had to think about what would happen if your strongest character hit an enemy first
>>
>>343014731
As a matter of fact, yes you could unless you were playing with four thiefs, plus i wouldn't call deciding between to fight or use magic strategy. The PSP versions are much better refined and even if are one of those nostalgia fags that want a harder experience you can always play the Hard type GBA version.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.