[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elder Scrolls 6 Not in Development Right Now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 19
File: 3086985-es6.jpg (28 KB, 620x334) Image search: [Google]
3086985-es6.jpg
28 KB, 620x334
>Pete Hines, Bethesda's vice-president of PR and marketing, threw a splash of cold water on the fun when he said on Twitter over the weekend, “We aren't working on TES6 at the moment.”

So, what exactly are they doing? Besides the Skyrim Remaster?
>>
>>343009643
Jerking off over F4 for a while, then try and figure out a way to unfuck the elder scrolls.
>>
>>343009643
Hopefully, a new engine.
>>
>>343009930
GameBryo 3.0
>>
>>343009643
More TEO and trying not to fuck up console mods even more or new IP that will flop
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 320x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 320x300
PETE YOU IDIOT WE WERE SUPPOSED TO KEEP THEM HYPED
>>
>>343009643
Nothing.

Why do you think it takes them so long to get out their games despite them having small maps, short stories, and lack of content?
>>
>>343009643
playing card games
>>
File: 1462452438775.png (484 KB, 574x516) Image search: [Google]
1462452438775.png
484 KB, 574x516
>>343010350
>>343009643

Shhh, shhhh, Todd kun is sleeping senpai.
>>
I wonder if Skyrim was the last Elder Scrolls game they'll ever make.
>>
>>343011302
>not making a skyrim 2 when the first was so successful
I don't think so
>>
>>343012370
>Skyrim 2

??
>>
File: 1388987676393.jpg (85 KB, 800x678) Image search: [Google]
1388987676393.jpg
85 KB, 800x678
>>343013147
>>
>>343009930
Um, we already gave you guys a new engine with Skyrim....

Why are you crying?
>>
>>343009643
New IP maybe? It wouldn't be a bad idea.
Maybe they're making some kind of Elder Scrolls card game, that's a fad that probably has a few pennies to milk left.
>>
>>343009643
Probably finished working on it already
>>
>they announce Skyrim Remaster at E3
>complain that they are wasting time on this and not Elder Scrolls 6
>some bethesdadrone tells me that the game is obviously in production
>get in a heated argument over it

Sometimes, I wish this site wasn't anonymous. I'd be sending that fucker a delicious PM.
>>
The only reason I bought skyrim was for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hrmSD6DZt4
And now that SureAI is going independent after Enderal I am not gonna get tes6 anyways, bethesdas RPGs are awful
>>
File: REEEEEEE.jpg (32 KB, 540x547) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEE.jpg
32 KB, 540x547
>working on Skyrim 2
>some half asses import of Skyrim assets into the new engine version used in Fallout 4
>Name it TES VI
>Looking good, almost ready to get a 10 minute demo working
>Witcher 3 keeps winning awards
>No one cares for Fallout 4
>The pressure is palpable just by looking at Tood and the team behind the game
>Pressure is too much, Todd losses another .5"
>Throw away half assed TES VI: Skyrim 2
>"I-it's a long way off from being released"
>>
File: 1457281627419.jpg (140 KB, 1102x967) Image search: [Google]
1457281627419.jpg
140 KB, 1102x967
>>343009643
Wow, really?

>>
>>343014213
What are your thoughts on Nehrim? I am thinking of giving it a try in preparation for Enderal
>>
>>343015264
it's great. There are one or two things you can really get stuck on though, so save often. it's also a bit less "dense" than oblivion, but the main story is like 8 times longer than the oblivion main story, and a lot stronger.
100% recommended.
>>
>>343009930
>>343010004
>>343013529

Can anyone on /v/ actually answer why a whole new engine is needed or are you all just stupid fucking retards that think 'new engine' will automatically fix Bethesdas shit ass ability.
>>
>>343015264
its great, especially if you don't mind heil achtung dien liebe zuck zeck niebe
>>
File: 22330_20160627011514_1.png (1 MB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
22330_20160627011514_1.png
1 MB, 1360x768
Haha all these people whining their not getting another Skyrim game which is 100% gurranteed to be even more casualised and watered down for the retarded masses then the last game.
>>
Wait
What the fuck would they be making?
Game studios literally only makes Elder Scrolls and Fallout.
>>
>>343015846
>harsh loading screens everywhere
>interacting with objects in the world is very limited, such as ladders.
>slow
>buggy
it's just a clumsy shitty engine.
I have no idea if the visuals are at all associated with gamebryo, but a lot of people say they are, and the character models in bethesda games are definitely awful.
>>
>>343015846
This.

Gamebyro is a completely competent and nextgen engine with almost no limitations at all.

The only thing hindering it is TEO/FO sales not giving the devs the budget they need to really unlock its potential.
>>
>>343009643
i bet you're one of those people that thought a new elder scrolls was going to be announced at e3.

it was already leaked they were working on the skyrim remaster before they revealed it nigger, im sure they are working on their shitty card game
>>
Skyrim Remastered: The Remastered Definitive Edition.
>>
They already said they were working on two projects right before they announced the Skyrim remaster. They also said they weren't Elder Scrolls or Fallout. So they may have acquired or got licensed an existing property to do an RPG on or they are creating a new IP. Or both.
>>
>>343015846
>Couldn't even program ladders

Honestly I don't even know if the engine is at fault or if Bethesda just really sucks. That being said the vast amounts of mods that need a script extender kinda does show that the engine is pretty lacking.
>>
>>343016251
>The only thing hindering it is TEO/FO sales not giving the devs the budget they need to really unlock its potential.
Wat. Bethesda uses like 10% of their income on staff. They just don't give a shit. They might have the smallest team relative to budget of any AAA dev.
>>
>>343009643
Pete Hines really needs to work for a company not involved with vidya. The shit he says constantly makes the company look as shoddy as it's "rpgs"
>>
It's mind boggling that they never cashed in on the Skyrim hype with a proper MMO. Yeah TESO exists but it's just a generic MMO and really nothing like the rest of the series.

All you'd have to do is roughly translate the fairly standard controls and combat from the single player games into a much larger world map and there you go, a money printing machine, probably the only MMO that could actually dethrone WoW in terms of subs.
>>
>>343016185

How are any of these the problem of Gamebryo? it doesn't force you to use loading screens and absolutely does let you use ladders, nothing in the engine stops you from doing that.

Literally retarded.

There are even Gamebryo games that have ladders even for AI. Like Divinity2. The engine also doesn't force you to have loading screens how the fuck could you think that is the engine doing it?

>>343016654

>That being said the vast amounts of mods that need a script extender kinda does show that the engine is pretty lacking.

Does no-one realise that gamebryo is just a group of modular c++ libraries? Bethesda is just fucking shit.
>>
Fallout 4 remastered
>>
>>343016185
>harsh loading screens everywhere
The games are designed around console limitations. If consoletards would stop being the primary market for games, you'd see less of these.
>interacting with objects in the world is very limited, such as ladders
It's possible to do, Bethesda is just too lazy or retarded to take the 5 minutes to code this.
>slow
Consoletards shitting up games for the rest of us as usual.
>buggy
That's just Bethesda being lazy again.
>it's just a clumsy shitty engine
It can be pretty rudimentary but it does get the job done albeit slowly and with lots of help from tard wranglers.
>the character models in bethesda games are definitely awful
You can blame FaceGen for creating shitty faces for the most part. It tends to create pretty generic potato faces that look exactly like one another.
>>
>>343016869
I'm talking about bethesdas specialized gamebryo. And it definitely is an issue, new vegas had to put loading screens at ladders.
>>
>>343015846
you literally die by walking over things sometimes because you get lunged at a high velocity.
>>
File: received_1034242566661270.jpg (79 KB, 643x1000) Image search: [Google]
received_1034242566661270.jpg
79 KB, 643x1000
>>343014208
But it IS in development. Todd Howard himself has said it. I don't kno what hines is on about
>>
>>343013147
>he doesn't get it
Alight anon, here's how things work. COD was always popular when it was a historical shooter. But when modern warfare came out the series became so popular that going back to historical warfare was not as profitable. TES is in the same boat right now. Skyrim was too profitable for them to make TES6 instead of Skyrim 2. The best you can hope for it that the other regions become expansion packs of the next skyrim game.

TES is as dead.
>>
>>343017086
Again that's not the engine, that's Bethesda being garbage.
>>
>>343015264
when is enderal coming out
>>
>>343016750
Have you played it?
It has controls very similar to Skyrim in particular, but with cooldowns. It's problems are how cordoned off into zones you are and a lack of a sense of progression.
>>
>>343017297
literally 3-5 days.
Maybe a few weeks more for english subtitles.
>>
File: i know you pirated fallout 4.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
i know you pirated fallout 4.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>343017129
>you would never lie to me, right Todd?
>>
>>343016251
>The only thing hindering it is TEO/FO sales not giving the devs the budget they need to really unlock its potential.
They are some of the most highest selling games ever. Rather than them not having budget, it's much safer to say that they just don't give a shit and thus keep incompetent people hired, and don't get new talent.
>>
>>343016163

This is literally the only think making me feel better right now. But a guy can hope that they would use the popularity of Skyrim to slowly bring the game series back to its former majesty, introducing the mechanics that made the original games so great to the mainstream market.

But my dreams will never come to fruition.
>>
>>343017051
>I'm talking about bethesdas specialized gamebryo
Yes, which is just shit on top of Gamebryo yes? Which means it still means it's possible if you ignore Bethesdas shit and write your own subsystems.

>new vegas had to put loading screens at ladders.
Only because they weren't willing to add the functionality themselves.
>>
>>343017304
And you can't have the freedom of a regular TES game

No killing whichever NPC's you want, no stealing whatever you want, no going where ever you want

Now I'm not saying TES are particularly good at player freedom like that, but TES online is especially shit at it
>>
>>343009643
This is exactly what you would say if you were working on TES6.
>>
File: whatswrong.gif (724 KB, 446x250) Image search: [Google]
whatswrong.gif
724 KB, 446x250
>>343017225
>>
>>343017716
Anon, Bethesda is so terrible they managed to break weapon holstering and not add it back.

This is the company that put a train onto an NPC's head as a hat, to make it look like the train was moving.

They cannot do ladders, they are incompetent and they have an extremely shitty engine. A new one is needed
>>
>>343017225
wasn't black ops 1 set in vietnam era?
>>
>>343016163
I wonder what they could remove to casualize it even further. Remove stealth completely and the randomly stronger than usual douchebag enemies and make everything a head on confrontation? Replace enchantment with fixed "runes" and rune slots on equipment?
>>
>>343017716
Bethesda said Aiming down sights was impossible in their engine

Obsidian added aim down sights in new Vegas

Bethesda said ladders are impossible. Obsidian couldn't manage to do it either, and there weren't any in fo4, so I'm inclined to believe that ladders are in fact impossible in gamebryo
>>
>>343017993
>This is the company that put a train onto an NPC's head as a hat, to make it look like the train was moving.
But that is actually sensible solution. The train is only needed in one scene, so programming it properly for that would be waste of resources. You won't know about the hat thing unless you specifically look at model files and code.
Every company does things like this.

But you do have a point with other stuff. Just gotta give credit where it's due.
>>
>>343017634
Do you have a GIF version of this?
>>
Can we recruit Chris Avallone and Josh Sawyer on the next TES
>>
>>343017785
It has an attempt at stealing that is better than most MMOs, but yeah it isn't perfect.

Nobody is going to attempt another Ultima Online, at least another big budget developer. If too small a group of players has too much power they drive less time invested players out before they can stand up to them.
>>
>>343018279
I think the reason there weren't ladders in NV is that for all the changes and improvements Obsidian added, ladders were deemed pretty low on the list.
Like Sawyer said in that one dev diary, you can't put all the features in, and even the ones that do get planned for inclusion might end up being real pain in the ass to get working right.
>>
>>343009643
fallout 4 dlc
>>
>>343016184
Fallout DLC ya dunce

They gotta milk it for another 1-3 years before even admitting to having a thought for TES6
>>
>>343018597
Well, Bethesda has them to thank for proper ADS on weapons.

Fo4 still has code within it left over from oblivion, detailing character classes and magic spells.
>>
Insider here.

Seeing Breath of the Wild in action has really thrown Bethesda into a bit of a frenzy. TESIV is actually well into development, but there were NOT expecting this.
>>
>>343018603
>>343018667
I'm sure it is in developement in same way that Fallout 4 was in developement since FO3's release. They either have few people set aside to work exclusively on each series who come up with concepts, or some people on a team develop ideas for one game on side while working on another.
>>
>>343018890
It does literally nothing new except in its own series. Grand Theft Auto and CoD is bigger competition than the new Zelda will ever be.
>>
>>343018168
I'm calling it that it's going to be like this:
-Smaller map (b-but teh graphics r bettr! XD)
-Literally one armor piece
-Only radiant quests
-Those quests are only ever 'get x from crypt y'
-Health regenerates instantly
-Magicka never depletes
-Fatigue doesn't exist anymore
-Every kill plays a short cinematic
-You only put points into 'Swords' 'Magicka' and 'Sneak' """""perk""""" trees
-No dialogue, simply clicking on an NPC assigns a quest
-Everyone's essential AND respawns
-NPC's only have eat and sleep ai packages
-Everything can be killed in only a few hits
>>
>>343019084
No, but it shows people are drooling for another open world fantasy game to play and not one like Witcher or skyrim where the only interaction with the world you get is walking and jumping
>>
>>343015846
Don't they have the rights to idtech 6. Why not use that? Rage proved it can do large open environments and RPG conversations and quests
>>
>>343016915
>the decade old engine isn't the problem
>consoles are111!!11!

kys
>>
>>343016915
>interacting with objects in the world is very limited, such as ladders
>It's possible to do, Bethesda is just too lazy or retarded to take the 5 minutes to code this
Todd "sweet lies" Howard himself said that engine limitations prevent them from being able to program AI that can properly use ladders.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/08/14/why-there-are-no-ladders-in-fallout
>>
>>343019364
People drool for literally any game now.
>>
>>343009643
they're making the new engine
>>
>>343018279
http://pastebin.com/Qa87EJ5q
Nope Bethesda is too lazy and Obsidian had too little time to worried about something as unimportant as ladder climbing.
>>
>>343017129
It's possible that they're still deciding what to do with the game (locations, mechanics, general planning, etc.), which can be interpreted as working on the game without really working on it. They're working on working on it.
>>
>>343009643
Pete Hines is a fucking hack and he's better off in a grave than at Bethesda.
>>
>>343019364
That's it exactly. Bethesda knows they can't compete with what Nintendo showed on the stream. People are vastly underestimating how much more immersive BOTW is compared to all of it's competition. The fact that you can freeze over lakes, do all sorts of crazy things to enemies, and actually scale cliffs has really worried Bethesda. They were NOT expecting Zelda to outclass them at their first outing.
>>
>>343019294
My guess: these are the main stats, each with 5-6 perks in a "perk tree" (really a straight line)

Weapons: self explanatory
Defense: governs health and armor
Energy: replaces Magic and stamina
Intelligence: for enchanting/speech/exp
Creating: for loot, crafting, settlement building
Combat: fighting skills
Cunning: thieving skills
>>
>>343019869
Do you believe everything Todd tells you senpai?
>>343019756
>t. consoletard
How does it feel knowing your console usage is crippling games with how well they can perform and what they can do?
>>
>>343016163
Despite everything, I stupidly hold onto the hope that the generation who grew up on morrowind get jobs at Bethesda and return the series to its roots, but this time with combat that isn't garbage
>>
>>343020369
>Do you believe everything Todd tells you senpai?
Not when he's saying things that are impressive. He lies to make himself look good, not bad.
>>
>>343019869
In Todd We Trust
>>
>>343020320
Let me guess, Bethesda was planning on adding stuff like this for ES6, and that's the stuff Todd said "you wouldn't believe we had the technology for this yet."

And now that zelda is doing stuff like that, it's no longer going to be as revolutionary when ES6 has it, so they're hurrying
>>
>>343020620
No, you misunderstand me. The shit they saw in the BOTW stream was up and beyond anything they had come up with.

For example, you still can't fucking climb ladders. That's how much of an 'advancement' TESVI is.
>>
>>343009643
They JUST reconfirmed they were working on it. So now they aren't working on it? Can they make up their fucking mind? They just keep stroking their dicks over shitout 4 and churning out more crap no one asked for, thanks Bethesda. Honestly if FO4 is any indication of how the development of TES6 will be handled, I don't want it anymore anyways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L53tsN49LQE
>>
>>343020795
Hopefully they smarten the fuck up and it makes them create/license a new engine
At this point the only real reason they're still using it, is because all their employees are familiar with it
>>
>>343016869
Doesn't bethesda hire a bunch of incompetent people out because of nepotism? Which makes the fact that they only have like 150ish dev team even worse.
>>
>>343009643
didn't Todd say they WERE working on it?
>>
>>343020993
Lol, nope. I can confirm it's the same old engine.

Fans vastly underestimate just how incompetent Bethesda really is. They probably couldn't build a new engine even if they wanted to.

>>343020936
Notice how they said they were working on it before E3, and now they say they're not. They REALLY don't want to announce it until BOTW is actually out and their marketers can start planning on how to downplay how great it is.
>>
>>343021156
I'm not sure how much of the money from sales Bethesda game studios actually receives, but fallout 4 and skyrim have made literally Billion's of dollars. They've go NO fucking excuse for using shitt gamebryo
>>
>>343020795
Isn't Divinity 2 on the same engine as Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout 4? I remember having ladders in Divinity 2.
>>
>>343009643
TODD FUCKING SAID THIS THE DAY OF THEIR E3 CONFERENCE

THEY ALSO SAID THEY HAVE TWO "NEW IPS" IN THE WORKS BEFORE TES6

THERE WILL PROBABLY BE A THIRD AND MAYBE A FOURTH ROUND OF FALLOUT 4 DLC
>>
>>343021297
So Mr insider man, can you tell me what province they were planning on setting TES6 in (if you learned that info)

I'm sure it won't give away any of your identity because there's only like 5 to choose from and any answer could just as easily be a guess

Also any info regarding to if they are gonna change the dialogue system back to normal after fallout 4's shitty one
>>
>>343021156
I remember one of the animators got his job because he knew Todd in college. I don't know if he is still there but he was when Fallout 3 came out. You can probably thank him for the MC moving like he is on roller skates in Oblivion while in third person.
>>
>>343015846
The gamebryo engine is an abomination. It's like if you were trying to build a modern skyscraper with a crane entirely made out of shovels. The engine is so old it lacks many basic, practical coding philosophies of the modern age, and even some from the time it was made. They've just kept adding to it and adding to it, without changing the underlying nature to it, to try and use it to create modern AAA games.

A lot has been done with gamebryo, but this is actually an amusing flipside to the argument that the problem is all on Bethesda end. That as much has been done with the gamebryo engine is a bit of feat in it of itself, but it's continued usage is nothing short of baffling insanity.
>>
>>343021486
Yes, the dialogue wheel is being removed. That's their big selling point for this game.
>>
Fallout 5

hopefully mods from Fallout 4 will work in it
>>
>>343020936
>Honestly if FO4 is any indication of how the development of TES6 will be handled, I don't want it anymore anyways

Bethesda casualizes their games to appeal to more people, but if most of their players don't like something they're not going to force it. Like compare the Little Lamplight kids to Skyrim's children.

I don't think we'll see a voiced PC for TESVI at least.
>>
>>343021796
yeah it would be too much work to voice all the race/gender combinations
>>
>>343009643
>Tweeted at 12:03 pm
>Everyone's at lunch so no one's working on TES6 at that moment
Pete Hines is such a faggot, holy shit
>>
>>343022019
T I M E Z O N E S
>>
>>343018307
Someone always says this
>>
>>343015846
well it couldnt possibly make it worse
>>
>>343022168
Because it is true. Reusing code is the best way to reduce expended system resources.
>>
>>343009643
Think about it. Skyrim remaster was pushed out to fill the cycle, but TES6 is not being worked on. It means they're actually working on a new engine..
>>
Why on earth would they start development now? Fallout 4 and Skyrim will keep the retards occupied for the remainder of the generation.
>>
>>343022768
because thats what they're paid to do. why have a huge dev team sitting around if they're not working on something to make you money?
>>
>>343021297
>They probably couldn't build a new engine
No shit. The era of building your own engine from scratch died 5 or so years ago. The only games that do this are indie titles that look like trash anyway.

Very few AAA companies use in-house engines, and the one's that do have virtually no chance of competing with the likes of unreal.

>>343022520
>they're actually working on a new engine
It would make a hell of a lot more sense for them to use id tech 5 since id tech was acquired by ZeniMax. It's usage would be free and they would have the people who made it available on staff for free consulting.
>>
>>343022520
No it doesn't, Bethesda games studios is working on 2 new games that aren't fallout or elder scrolls. I honestly have no clue what to expect, but i think it's a little bit dumb of them to not make ES6 soon, they'd make a fuckton of money.
>>
>>343023075
>but i think it's a little bit dumb of them to not make ES6 soon

I think they're hoping TESO + Remaster + the card game will fill the gap.
>>
They're currently hiring more crew members, as well as searching for a new engine for TESVI.

They're done with Creation (Gamebryo, whatever anyone wants to call it) because it's become too polluted (if you know anything about digging through the games with the CK, anyone knows it's polluted with TONS of files from all their previous games. Tons of lines of code from previous games they can't remove out of fear of breaking shit.) after so many games being used on it. It also has crippling flaws.

They say "the tecnology does not exist" for what they want to do for TESVI, but it's misunderstood out of context. They just mean they don't have something powerful enough to do what they plan to do as of yet. They want to do VR, but also have plans to go bigger with TESVI.

It likely won't be revealed until 2018. Late 2017 if they're bold as shit, but if they're adopting a new engine, I heavily doubt it. Game prolly won't come till 2019 - 2020.

For now they're gonna keep pumping out FO4 DLC. Next year starts a new season of DLC on a whole new Season Pass, so get ready to have your wallets raped if you thought that one Season Pass opened up all DLC for you. After that, probably a subtitled Fallout game under an outsourced studio, or something else under Zenimax.

Take this post however you want.
>>
File: fo4adultmods.png (181 KB, 1366x728) Image search: [Google]
fo4adultmods.png
181 KB, 1366x728
>>343021774
Hardly anyone is modding for Fallout 4, and the mods being made are stupid shit like retextures or adding new guns.
>>
>>343023282
>Next year starts a new season of DLC on a whole new Season Pass

Wait is that seriously how it works on Steam? I've never bought a season pass for any game on there but I thought it was supposed to guarantee you all future DLC. Why would anyone buy it otherwise?
>>
>>343023668
game might as well not exist then
>>
>>343015846
Even a filthy casual like Angry Joe bitched about Gamebryo in his Fallout 4 review. The engine is just shit and it's very obvious to even the uninformed.
>>
>>343023668

CK came out too late, anyone worthwhile in their modding skills either gave up waiting and moved on, or didn't enjoy FO4 enough to even give a fuck, mostly the latter.

The CK is also as buggy as fucking ever. Sometimes your mods break the entire game for no fucking reason.

It's hardly worth the effort anymore. It was hardly worth it in Skyrim unless you had the patience of a God damn saint to tolerate and endure the buggy fucking CK.
>>
File: 1466961770750.jpg (102 KB, 550x1156) Image search: [Google]
1466961770750.jpg
102 KB, 550x1156
>>343023282
>get ready to have your wallets looked at if you thought that one Season Pass opened up all DLC for you
Jokes on Todd, I'm not handing over any more of my money for Shitout 4.
>>
Virtual Reality.
The answer is always VR.
>>
>>343023762

Steam doesn't decide how their DLC works. Bethesda does. They can format their DLC plans however they want.

Nuka World will be the last DLC for Fallout 4 for the "season" of 2016. Either late this year, or early next year, a whole new "season" will start on a new Season Pass, probably priced at $50 funbux.

They'll probably draw this out one more season before letting that card game (that nobody gives a shit about) and other Zenimax projects (TESO) hold people over while their main crew works on TESVI.

Like I said, expect either a small mention by the end of 2017, or a complete reveal in 2018. Late 2019 / 2020 release date.
>>
>>343018890

>TESIV
>IV
>>
Endereal doesn't have English VA?

Why would they do that?
>>
>>343018890

TESVI is not in development.

Planning and writing stages, yes. But currently not in the sense that assets are being modeled and code being written. Not for a while.
>>
>>343018890

If BotW has them in a frenzy, that's fucking hysterical. BotW, as "revolutionary" as it seems to Zelda fans, does fucking nothing previous TES games haven't done before, few technical things like fires and etc aside.
>>
>>343023871
Xedit makes some of the trash tasks a lot more bearable.
>>
>>343024746
Why are you entertaining the ego of a nintendrone?
>>
File: 1411438947859.png (46 KB, 185x182) Image search: [Google]
1411438947859.png
46 KB, 185x182
>>343024628
>new code
>since oblivion
>>
>>343023762
Season pass is essentially just a discount on X number of future DLC.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 250x250
He says they're not working on it, but what if obsidian is??
>>
>>343009643
that's because they are outsourcing it to some competent dev who can actually build a stable engine
>>
>>343025534

Never ever.
>>
>>343020519
For that to happen, Todd would need to cease employing his underqualified friends.
>>
>>343025841
That's a competent decision, so no they aren't.
>>
>>343025534
My heart just fluttered
>>
these companies are ALWAYS working on the next TWO OR THREE games. bethesda has previously confirmed they've got three big open world games in the TES/FO style already in development.
>>
>>343022986
>It would make a hell of a lot more sense for them to use id tech 5 since id tech was acquired by ZeniMax.
This, I'm pretty sure Beth are getting id to do all the engine crafting which they'll start to use across all of their studios, The Evil Within and Dishonored 2 already using idTech 5 engine so it's already begun. I had heard idTech wasn't good at doing open-world but maybe idTech 6 has fixed this issue.
>>
>>343018279
Dumb ass, ladders in gamebryo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysxrDtWQfF4

GameBryo is just a collection of fucking c++ libraries! There is nothing stopping you from doing ladders!
>>
>>343021705

No. No it isn't. You didn't even name one thing that is bad about the architecture of the engine or missing features.

You just said a bunch of shit ass buzzwords.

I hate you. Bethesda fucking sucks not because of gamebryo but because they fucking suck.
>>
>>343027756
Tell that to todd
>>
OK let's drop some FACTS

>2002 - The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
>2006 - The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
>2011 - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
>2016 - Not even started yet

4 year gap, then 5 year gap. Given increased art requirements of modern games, expect at least 6 years to develop TES6. So we won't see this game until 2022 at the earliest.

>tfw you might not live to see the next elder scrolls
>>
this contradicts e3 interviews

wait wow pete hines is saying something that is a contradiction
what a FUCKING SHOCK
>>
>>343017129
You're right, our boy Todd would never lie to us. He's our friend!
>>
>>343028049
You might not live to see tomorrow.
Would you rather fall asleep and never wake up, never knowing that you're living your last moments or would you prefer to see the glint of the gun and acknowledge it?
>>
>>343028151
>>343028116
They're both probably saying the same thing.
Todd's saying that it's coming but they're in the incredible early days and they probably only have the ideas guys thinking about it. Technically in development but pete is also right in that none of the development team is probably working on it as their main project.
>>
>>343018739
Fo4 still uses Morrowind Assets
>>
>>343010004
>3.0
More like 1.5
>>
>>343018667
The last Fallout 4 DLC is releasing in August you retard. Shortly after that they'll cease patches, and concentrate fully on their next big game.
>>
>>343017650
>introducing the mechanics that made the original games so great to the mainstream market.
Making the games harder or more complex AT ALL would scare away half of the skyrim fanbase, so they're never going to do that.
>>
>>343028792
They'll probably do another season.
>>
>>343009643
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-elder-scrolls-6-is-in-development-todd-howard-confirms/
>>
>>343020795
>The shit they saw in the BOTW stream was up and beyond anything they had come up with.
Most of the things were things Bethesda has done since the 90's, even if they ended up being discarded in future games. The rest are things they were never interested in, and things other games have done for decades.

Name one thing in BOTW that has never been done before.
>>
File: memento.jpg (64 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
memento.jpg
64 KB, 600x600
>>343028352
Todd said "yes, of course we are" but it doesn't mean that they are working on it now, it could also mean "yes, of course we are going to do it someday"

Just like when he said that you could play Skyrim forever but that actually meant being able to do the same boring radiant quests forever.
>>
>>343029343
There's a hidden letter from Todd in the Oblivion game. You can only get it from using the console.
>>
>>343023282
>For now they're gonna keep pumping out FO4 DLC.

They already said no more DLC at E3. After Nuka World, they're moving onto their next project.
>>
>>343009643
Aren't they still working on ESO stuff?
>>
File: 1463092052331.jpg (43 KB, 728x635) Image search: [Google]
1463092052331.jpg
43 KB, 728x635
>looking forward to tes after fallout 4
>>
>>343029676
The FO/main series TES team is entirely separate from the TESO team
>>
>>343029701
Hey, Todd admitted that the dialogue was shit. He basically said they were just trying something new, seeing if people loked it, and it didn't turn out very well.

That doesn't mean TES6 is safe though. The protag may no longer be voiced but I fully expect the ABXY/shortened options system to be kept, as well as "streamlining" all your character stats into less categories
>>
there is no hope for beth games as long pete hines is there.
>>
>>343029983
to be honest skyrim's dialogue was already as bad as fallout 4's it's just that fallout 4's was worse for roleplay
>>
>>343021938
If they've decided not to do a voiced PC for TESVI, that isn't the reason. I don't think they would have had any qualms about doing one male voice and one female voice. Regardless of the reason, I hope that TESVI doesn't have a voiced PC.
>>
>>343030634
Eh, there's an ingrained expectation of multiple races for TES. They can't completely erase parts of them out so they do have to sound different.

I understand being completely distrustful of bethesda doing anything right at this point but there are certain standards that they can't drop. Everyone thought fallout 4's voiced PC was absolute trash but until launch we thought everything else looked good enough.
>>
>>343024460
The English version, with full English VA, will be released at the end of July.
>>
>>343029983
>but I fully expect the ABXY/shortened options system to be kept

You can't have a wheel if the PC isn't voiced and dialogue isn't the focus of a scene. Skyrim's "options" are already simplified, much simpler than FO4's actually.
>>
>>343030936
>I understand being completely distrustful of bethesda doing anything right at this point but there are certain standards that they can't drop.
Before FO4, I would have said they'd never remove skills from an RPG. There's nothing they can do to surprise me now.
>>
>>343028237
hmmm, really makes ya think
>>
>>343031684
the lack of skills in FO4 isn't particularly noticeable compared to the standard of writing in my opinion
>>
>>343031927
Yeah they basically took the role out of the role playing game.
>>
>>343031927
It is if you're trying to your best to roleplay and realize you're going to have to end up putting perk points into stupid useless shit that doesn't fit your character.
>>
File: 1418100920240.gif (971 KB, 500x490) Image search: [Google]
1418100920240.gif
971 KB, 500x490
It's not a Daggerfall remake, so why even give a shit?
>>
>>343018059
He is talking more about mechanics (in Skyrim's case) than setting. Vietnam was modern enough for mechanically modern weaponry and there's no way in hell TES VI is actually going back to Skyrim (also Vietnam is still considered contemporary American history; at least at my college it is)
>>
>>343032125
There isn't any depth to building your character, yeah; but the gameplay still manages to be better than skyrim. And I feel the lack of having an interesting character build isn't as noticeable when you have no unique character in the story either.
>>
>>343009643
Hopefully shopping for a new engine instead of recycling the same shitheap they have been for a decade.
>>
Realistically, the next Elder Scrolls game is probably in development, but it's probably not full on development until they get shit like Fallout 4 and Dishonoured 2 out of the way.

That or they're going the way of Warcraft and dedicating everything to ESO and we'll never see the next Elder Scrolls game while everyone is stuck with a MMO no one wants for the next 10 years.
>>
>>343032253
That's not exactly a great defense of FO4. "The lack of depth in one aspect of the game doesn't really matter, because NO aspect of the game has any depth!"
>>
It's in pre-development

Bethesda game studios already said that they are currently focusing on like 3 large projects.
>>
>>343032594
It's a defense of Fallout 4 compared to Skyrim in some areas.
Both are shit games for a number of reasons, some different and some the same.

I'm saying that Skyrim with actual(but shit) character building didn't manage to be as fun as Fallout 4 with almost all the character building chopped out.

Meanwhile skyrim, which was written unbelievably terribly managed to present a far better story than fallout 4's that was absolutely beyond redemption as a result to what they made the main character be.
>>
File: 22330_20160627235336_1.png (2 MB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
22330_20160627235336_1.png
2 MB, 1360x768
Oh shit what do
>>
>>343009643
I fucking hate Pete Hines
>>
>>343032441
>im-fucking-plying
>>
>>343032896
They're actually conscious of the horse armor meme now.
>>
File: 1464010678561.jpg (419 KB, 650x671) Image search: [Google]
1464010678561.jpg
419 KB, 650x671
If Bethesda doesn't just use id Tech 5 or 6 instead of their brand of Gamebyro I'm gonna blow a fucking gasket
>>
>>343032528
>Dishonoured 2 out of the way
Does anyone on the Dishonored team actually work on Fallout? It was my understanding it was largely its own project.
>>
>>343033775
On Fallout and TES, I mean.
>>
>>343028049
>tfw uncle liked tes games and didn't make it to see skyrim.
>tfw I worry I won't make it to tes 6.

If the computer sim theory is right then we will all be able to play every tes game ever anyways.
>>
>>343033837

They still need to invest money and marketing resources towards it.

They've got Doom, Fallout 4 and soon Dishonoured 2 to deal with. They're probably spread thin and development of the next Elder Scrolls game is not the primary focus right now.
>>
>>343033775
They didn't, entirely different studios.
>>
>>343034394
Doom is developed by id.
Dishonoured is developed by Arkane.
Fallout 4 is developed by Bethesda.

They are all published by under Bethesda's name which is part of ZeniMax.
>>
>>343018890
Fucking nintendrones lol. Is this bait? They don't give a shit about zelda or you in general.
Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.