[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Buy DOOM >Shootan demons >Punchan demons Hell yeah!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: 20160628000059_1.jpg (283 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160628000059_1.jpg
283 KB, 1920x1080
>Buy DOOM
>Shootan demons
>Punchan demons
Hell yeah!
>Platform level
>Remember the jump/fall at start of the game
>Doom's never had fall damage and based on how far I fell at the start, this one probably doesn't
>Double jumping
>Get high as fuck
>Fall
>Die
Moments when you lost interest in playing a game
>>
That part was horrible, What's the point for Compact compensation if there's still fall damage?
>>
>>343003195
yeah, I never trusted Bethesda of all things to get something like Doom right.

Those endless combat arena lock-down rooms were bad enough, with their literal Pinata enemies, but when I realized there were insta-gib endless pits AND platforming... uninstall fucking exe.
>>
Just suck it up you big baby. There's plenty more demons to shoot.
>>
File: screeni_tileset3-640x480.jpg (83 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
screeni_tileset3-640x480.jpg
83 KB, 640x480
I liked the platforming, I thought it was fun
>>
>>343003385
Bethesda had nothing to do with D44M.
>>
>>343003195
Meh, I recon that they just did that so that if you fell, you'd get to spawn at a check point relatively near the point you fell, instead of having to climb all the way up again.
>>
>>343003195
slightly annoying but >>343003770
>>
>people had trouble with this
Good god, whats it like to be so shitty at video games?
>>
>>343003195
I didn't know that you could fall to death in this level. It would suck to be at the top and fall off just to climb it again if it didn't though.
>>
>>343004051
Nobody said anything about having trouble with it. Tedious, sure. Draws away from the reason everyone plays Doom, definitely.
>>
>>343003195
but there is no fall damage. There are bottomless pit areas that would be a huge pain the ass to climb back up from. The only problem is the platforming.
>>
>literally green flashing lights showing you the way

Weeeeeww soo harrddddd
>>
>hey bioshock infinite was really well received
>lets copy that instead of making a doom game
>then add in some brutal doom shit to pander to the underage nerds
>sounds good senpai
>>
>>343003195
Smallest fucking thing you could complain about. Doom 4 is one of the best linear fps single player game. I beat the game on nightmare and I still haven't touched the multiplayer. Probably never will.
>>
>>343003385

>not wanting to beat demons into the ground endlessly in the arenas

why do you even play
>>
>>343003195
>Doom
>nobody actually involved in Doom franchise involved
>"inspired" by one of the worst mods in the history of gaming, Brutal Doom
>constant shilling by Bethesda drones
>worst Multiplayer in the past 5 years(drones never mention this)
>"season" pass is just more pay2win weapons and classes for the multiplayer mode, no single player at all

FUCK OFFF SHILLS

SOMEDAY WE WILL GET THREAD ID'S AND YOU WILL BE EXPOSED
>>
>>343004278
Where exactly did anyone say it was hard?
>>
>>343004314
>Bioshock
>>
>>343003195
This level was fucking irritating but only because I wanted the doomguy figures and there was one that was in a place I couldn't fucking find so I gave up on it. Since I had been jumping off that tower like 10 different times and I was getting sick of it.

Entire game was incredible otherwise.
>>
>>343004416
>Doom
>Multiplayer

Leave that to quake. No one buys doom for multiplayer.
>>
I got stuck in the room where you get the first health upgrade because dialogue wouldn't play and have to replay the entire level before that

Bravo Bethesda
>>
>>343004440
BioShock.
>>
The levels are kind of shit. Nothing really stood out. I just finished ultra violence. Its about half and half with all of it being un inspired but enjoyable.
>>
Agreed. Fucking terrible level. Finished it in like 5 separate sittings, really turned me off to the game.
>>
>>343003195
>Doom's never had fall damage
Doom 3 had fall damage.
>>
>>343004421
If you died on this from falling you suck.
>>
>>343004664
Doom 3 doesn't exist.
>>
>>343004664
Fair point, I played about 2 hours of that and stopped when everything started looking samey, not to mention I was having 0 fun.
>>343004672
K. Thanks. Still not hard. Shit happens.
>>
Why cant haste mode be on all the time?
>>
>>343004971
That could make sense considering running fast is one of Doomguy's traits.
>>
File: 1467059587465.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1467059587465.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
exploring in this game is a fucking chore and you dont get rewarded much at all besides some shitty fucking armor and fuckin nekkers
wish geralt stopped jogging like a fucking idiot when stopping
i gave up and just do side quests
>>
>>343004416
DAILY REMINDER THAT THE GAME NEEDS TO RESTART WHEN YOU ENTER MULTIPLAYER

THAT'S HOW FUCKING REMOVED THAT SHIT IS FROM THE SINGLEPLAYER
>>
>>343005079
Should be the standard speed, or a sprint atleast
>>
>>343005114
Finally someone else gets the point of the thread.
>>
File: metmon1l.jpg (742 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
metmon1l.jpg
742 KB, 1024x768
>watch gameplay
>it's just a very simple and linear platforming segment where you follow the green lights
>player only had to kill one single enemy throughout the segment

Well that was stupid.

This is how you make a map with platforming and fall hazards both challenging and fun.
>>
>>343005595
Is that Armagon?
>>
>>343006036
No, it's a user-made map

https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/metmon1d.html
>>
>>343004416
>Implying the new team didn't make a better DOOM than Carmack himself

Carmack is the reason WHY Doom 3 was so shit.
>>
>>343006160
I meant the monster in the top right, not the expansion itself.
>>
File: 1438574448974.gif (12 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
1438574448974.gif
12 KB, 250x242
Got Punch Club in the Steam Sale. A bit simplistic but enjoyable. Get to 5th place in the Rookie League, beginning the Ultimate Fights. Enemies are tough but fair and I've just unlocked Way of the Tiger and I can let Str/Sta hover at 4 forever.

Get a guy to 1 HP with 121 HP left. Too easy, gg, no re. We're both running on fumes for energy so I swap in the default 3 energy punch. Just need to tap him once. I've got Agility 7 so 1.3x Accuracy. EZ, RITE?

He attacks 20 times. During that I swing 4 times and he dodges every one. My character repeatedly tries to pool energy past the 3-4 needed for that one winning Punch. You can't have empty ability slots so all I can do is swap in Punch, Guard, Block and one other skill.

Just uninstalled right there. There's RNG and then whew lads.
>>
File: edie.jpg (19 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
edie.jpg
19 KB, 200x200
>>343006370
The map uses the Quoth mod as its base which introduces a bunch of new monsters. One of them is this guy.

You can see images of the other new monsters here
https://www.quaddicted.com/webarchive/kell.quaddicted.com/quoth/quoth2.html
And this page has more detailed information about them, including their stats and behaviors
https://tomeofpreach.wordpress.com/quoth/tutorial/
>>
this new doom game looks like casual garbage

pass
>>
>>343006790
Ah, cool. Thanks.
>>
>>343006728
>I can't handle random number games
Majority of most modern games operate off of a degree of RNG, either by design or incidentally.
If you don't like RNG at all, then you must not like Baldur's Gate and similar games, and at the point I have a hard time accepting your opinion as valid.
>>
>>343006346
Well no duh, Carmack was never a director or a designer. He never worked on Doom 1-3 in that role. He's always the programmer. If you were to throw some of the actual designers of Doom, and some of the level designers, then you'd get something good. Maybe. It has been a long time since 1993.
>>
>>343004314
>implying doom is anything like Bioshock

Heres your (you)
>>
Carmack still had the endless trials and angry politicians on his mind when he began D3. He thought he had a clever way of dodging their arguments in the flashlight system. He acts like he didn't care about the hearings, but he still shakes when people bring it up these days! They can't complain about visually disturbing things if you cant see them. Of course, that made the game unfun for all but a few parts, but by then Carmack was so burnt out that he didn't really care anymore.

And thats a shame. D3's sucked because there was so much outside pressure about Doom, that the game got washed out. Id resented the fact that the reason most people loved Doom was also why some people hated Doom. They could not please everyone, so they tried to please the people who were the hardest to do so. A truly foolish move.

I hope all you fags can see the parallel here. More and more games are seeing loads of outside pressure. Pressure from some bloggers, pressure from the media, pressure from the hedge fund manager. So they try to please the people who are hardest to please, only to forgot about the ones who matter the most. Devs should make games that please themselves, and their core fans, not a blogger or politician who couldn't care less about video games. Thats what D4 does right.

D4 doesn't give a fuck about Hilary, even though she is running from president. D4 doesn't give a fuck about Anita, Nathan, or the rest of the "get in the van band". It is clear that they are too incompetent to handle a game that doesn't even have a reload mechanic. Instead they focused on making a Doom game, a real Doom game, and didn't apologize for what they did.

Well they are sort of apologizing for the multiplayer, but at least this time, they are trying to please their customers rather then a politician.
>>
File: vegeta brings the heat.jpg (36 KB, 770x559) Image search: [Google]
vegeta brings the heat.jpg
36 KB, 770x559
>>343003195
That was literally one short section of the game you shitlord. And did you really fall? It was fucking easy OP holy shit. Why even play Doom? If you can't beat an easy fucking platformer what makes you think you can rip&tear?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.