[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game ANY different to Re;Birth 1? I couldnt care less
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: rebirth-2.jpg (174 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
rebirth-2.jpg
174 KB, 960x544
Is this game ANY different to Re;Birth 1?

I couldnt care less about animesluts and any faggotry the fanbase tends to have, but I do like grinding and to some degree the humor and references this game has, so while I played rebirth 1 for all the wrong reasons I still kinda liked it. The story was pretty shit but the funny dialogues still made me not to skip it and the gameplay was lackluster as fuck but it at least kept me to grind to 99 with all characters, so all in all it was worth the 5 bucks I payed.

After seeing the Re;Birth 2 trailer though it looked like its 1:1 the same game (heck even the same copypasted dungeons) with different characters. Is there anything new? I remember the battles in Re;Birth 1 where just spamming your guard break combos and after that spam ultimates till you won. Is it a bit more interesting in 2 at least? Or will it feel like a reskinned Re;Birth 1?
>>
>>343002087
You can have 4 party members. And some different characters. Otherwise all the rebirth games are extremely similar.

VII is very different from the remakes however.
>>
>>343002743
Would I miss much if I jump right into VII? It looks surprisingly good (or the trailer was just cherrypicking) compared to Re;Birth.
>>
Murdergear introduced an actual Evil RPG route into a waifu jRPG game. Truly, she is the Mask of the Betrayer of the Hyperdimension.
>>
>>343002087
Why are there so few Comments? All neptunia threads i saw here so far were at least 200 replies.
>>
play mk2 if you want something different
>>
>>343003720
>Would I miss much if I jump right into VII?
Not really. HDN1/Rebirth1 are the only non-canon games in the main series though, so if you really care about continuity or story you might want to play some of the others.

VII makes some references to the older games, but it's fine to skip them imo.
>>
desu the only real reason to play RB2 is the conquest ending.
>>
>>343004043
because its a thread about the actual game. I wouldnt be suprised if only a very small minority in those waifufaggotry threads even played the games.
>>
-Shorter
-Lots of endings
-Nepgear as a protag is a lot less fun than Neptune as protag
-the sisters in general are weaker than the originals
-villians are borings and just die fast
>>
>>343003720

there is an over-arching story so you won't understand jack shit

fyi the games look similar because the rebirth series is the remade original trilogy with an actual functioning combat, but they take place in parallel dimensions that are self aware of the fact that they are remade games
>>
The problem with the Re;Birth games is that Festella, the people put in charge of these ports/remakes, simply copied and pasted Victory's battle system with minor adjustments for them all.

Going by the original console releases, HDN1 had a great story but shitty gameplay -- but as bad as the gameplay was, it was completely unique, for better or worse. mk2 introduced the style of gameplay the mainline Neptunia games are known for these days, and Victory improved it vastly. Each of these games saw a steady increase in improvements to the gameplay.

Then when you look at Rebrith 1, its gameplay draws heavily on Victory. Rebirth 2 did the same thing, implementing several things Victory -- and Rebirth 1 as a result -- did. And then Rebirth 3...well, it's a remake of Victory, with minor tweaks, obviously.

The end result is three games in a row feeling identical in terms of gameplay for people who get into the series with the Rebirth games. This is why you might often hear people claim "Play one game you've played them all", because they usually only played the ports rather than the originals.

V-II makes a lot of improvements from Victory, much like Victory did for Mk2 and Mk2 did for HDN1. Given that you only played Re;Birth 1, which already feels like Victory, you're probably better off just jumping straight into V-II. As mentioned already, V-II does reference things that happened in Mk2 and Victory (especially Victory), but you can play it just fine without that knowledge.
>>
>>343006440
It seems V-II comes to steam next month, so I guess I just get Rebirth 2 and, if Im still in the mood for Neptunia games, I get V-II. Should there be anything I dont get (which I doubt to be honest) I can still check Wikipedia or something to read through the events of Rebirth 3/Victory.

At least now I know why the Rebirth games are so damn similar. I knes the rebirth games are remakes, but I didnt know they are all based on Victory. So thanks for your indepth reply and all the other Anons answering here.
>>
>>343007890
ignore rebirth V-II is the only true jrpg compile heart has made so far
>>
>>343008252
Might be, but it still couldnt hurt to know at least 2 out of the 3 rebirth games I guess. And it seems fun enough to play if youre bored or something.
>>
>>343007890
the majority of nep games assume the player doesn't know the other games and usually introduce the characters and their relationships again at the start anyhow.

And if I remember from my playthroughs of VII, there's no important plot points from previous games that actually affect the main story in any way. Usually it's minor stuff and they're explained (like "oh we fought something like this before").
>>
>>343008693
Neptunia's not about the story. It's about the Neps. The game goes meta about itself all the time.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.