[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blizzard just asked me for my personal national documentation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: srry m8.png (3 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
srry m8.png
3 MB, 1600x900
So I just asked some tech guy from blizzard to change the username of my account with another email I've got and when he answered he said that I had to give him a pic of my ID (document thing that we use in my country), after that he can change the username of my account. This is all creepy as fuck because he wrote his response on a very silly way with stuff like
> d-(^_^)-b
> =)
Is it normal for these guys to write like this, is it a policy of blizzard or something? Also have you ever been asked for a personal document from a blizzard tech guy? Help me /v/ any experiences that can make me feel sure that this guy is legit is welcomed.

>pic completely unrelated
>>
>>342996285
You mean a GM? Through tech support?

Yes. Those guys are encouraged to RP with you while helping you. Google it. It's really common.\
>>
>>342996285
Yes blizzard support is instructed to act like 12 year old autists so the actual 12 year old autists that buy their shit can relate
>>
>>342996285
Please tell me you gave him your id.
>>
>Help me /v/ any experiences that can make me feel sure that this guy is legit is welcomed.
did you contact him through the fucking website?
>>
>>342996285
Yes. This is standard identity confirmation procedure with Blizzard.

They seem retarded because Blizzard thinks this makes it easier and comfier for a 10 year old boy to get his WoW account back after being scammed by a chink.
>>
>>342996496
NOT YET I don't want this fugg my life up

>>342996534
Yeah I did it has the green lock and all but still I never expected him to ask for personal documentation. I mean they have NOTHING to do with that right?

>>342996487
>>342996407
>>342996681
Thanks for telling me they have to act like autists, still not sure about this whole thing though
>>
>>342996728
Trust me, they're legit if you're contacting them on battle.net with your login.

Anyone could just take your account if they didn't need to prove their identity, anon. These are not GMs, these are tech support guys. Blizzard GMs are the ones that will never ask you for your personal information.
>>
>>342996728
>I never expected him to ask for personal documentation. I mean they have NOTHING to do with that right?
Are you 15 or something? This is standard procedure for basically any big company these days because of how piss easy it is to social engineer retards and gain access to accounts via tech support.

Square does it for FF14, Blizzard does it for all their games, etc.
>>
>>342997073
>>342997072
Ok, thanks for clearing things up for me. I'll send him the info he's asking for then.

And sorry for freaking out for a bit, I just don't have a lot of experience with blizzard and this is the first time they've asked something so personal from me. Now I know better.
>>
>>342996285

Wow you're fucking dumb. They ask for ID for your own protection so people can't scam you.
>>
Don't fall for it anon. It's a scam.
>>
>>342997864
I'd rather think I'm inexperienced with stuff like this. Just like the saying goes, better safe than sorry.

>>342997947
Why not?
>>
>>342997793
As long as your on official Blizzard sites you're fine.

Your red flags begin if they ask for your password. Blizzard will never, under any circumstances, ask for your password.
>>
>>342998171
This.

The reason why they would never ask for your password is because they already have it. Scammers, however, do not and need it to access your account.
>>
>afraid of giving a pic of his ID to a customer support rep for one of the biggest game devs

literally what are they going to do with it that can hurt you? it's so they can verify that you are who you say you are since battlenet accounts are a big target for phishing
>>
>>342998484
Your social security number etc. are valuable information to criminal organizations that utilize false passports and IDs.

There is nothing connecting your face to your ID info outside a government database except your certified ID card.
>>
>Sent Blizzard another ticket with the info requested, they say a game master will read it and answer me as soon as possible.
>game master

What's the difference between a Game Master and a regular tech support guy? Because I just sent the info to a GM supposedly. And yeah, I'm on batlenets' support page.

>>342999252
This is what scares me about stuff like this.
>>
>>342999646
>This is what scares me about stuff like this.

Don't worry about it. If Ivan gets your ID info and sells it to someone, you can easily refute any charges and claims made on your behalf.

Also, the difference between game master and tech support is that GMs handle in-game stuff. Such as account recovery, in-game issues etc. Tech support handles all the outside problems, like your game not launching or your game crashing constantly.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.