[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pillars of Eternity or Underrail? What would you recommend the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: pillars-eternity.jpg (108 KB, 1178x670) Image search: [Google]
pillars-eternity.jpg
108 KB, 1178x670
Pillars of Eternity or Underrail? What would you recommend the most?
Only got budget enough left for one of these. Both look like text heavy good old style RPG's.
One is turn based and what is PoE exactly in terms of combat? Also, if you vote for PoE, are the white march updates a must have? Because those are still expensive.
>>
Do you prefer Baldurs Gate or Fallout?

The answer to that question will give you the answer to Pillars or Underrail.
>>
>>342979404
Fallout by a very small margin. But the production quality if poe looks high as Fuck compared to underrail, that's what really bringing in the doubt.
>>
>Pillars of Eternity
>50% off
>still over $50
What the fuck is up with this game?
>>
I played both and I think Underrail has a better atmosphere and character building.
>>
Underrail kinda requires Builds.

Pillars doesnt necessarily.
>>
>>342980339
Stop looking at delixe versions
>>
>>342980897
But I want the full game. Investing the necessary hours into the game and not even have the full experience is just depressing.
>>
>>342981038
just get the standard edition and the expansion, the other editions are just digital goods, nothing in game you're missing out on
>>
>>342980039
I'm like 60 hours in to PoE.

It's really pretty damn good. Not the best, but really good.
>>
Underrail looks kind of crappy visually.

I guess they must have done gameplay or story pretty good then?
>>
>>342979292
Neither. Get Age of Decadence.
>>
>>342981295
I hate when companies try to nickel and dime you by presenting "packages" for goddamn videogames. I'm not buying a car.

Fuck that, I'm pirating
>>
>>342979292
Pretentious game tastes aside, you will get bored of PoE. It will sit in your steam library forever.

Also the game developers are SJWs
>>
>>342982289
This tbqh fampaitachi

Or underrail if you have aod already
>>
>>342980658
Builds in what sense?
>>
>>342979292
Underrail. PoE is fucking trash.
>>
>>342979292
why does the thumbnail to me always look like a rock band
>>
>>342983105
If you build your character like shit, you will get your shit severely pushed in as early as Depot A in Underrail.
You can have a shit character in PoE and still breeze through the game, providing you're not on PotD mode.
>>
>>342983105
As in planned and unique builds. For all the options Poe presents you with, the character progression is very linear in a right/wrong way. As in every time you're presented with a choice of perks at level up, there's 1 good ones and loads of useless shit ones.

Underrail on the other hand has open character building and progression very much like the classic fallout games
>>
>>342982805
I'm >>342981464 and I want to say they are reasonable moreso than SJWs. Nothing really felt blantantly forced and such.
>>
>>342983596
Other than the millions of backer NPCs obvs
>>
>>342983596
http://www.themarysue.com/pillars-of-eternity-joke-removal/
>>
File: 1463089063594.jpg (504 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463089063594.jpg
504 KB, 1920x1080
Underrail is extremely good.

It's one of those games that makes you sad when you finish it because you'll never be able to experience it for the first time again.
>>
>>342984376
This desu
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.