[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has metacritic lost all its sense of credability? In every single
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: metacritic.jpg (20 KB, 314x174) Image search: [Google]
metacritic.jpg
20 KB, 314x174
Has metacritic lost all its sense of credability?
In every single game you choose, it allways seems like a couple of fuckers wants to drag a game down, for no apparent reason.
Shoul user reviews be removed?
>>
>>342978637

And others are spamming 10s trying to boost it up

Metacritic is a shitshow, this isn't news. If you take review scores seriously for a nanosecond then you're a retard
>>
>"I don't think this is the worst game ever but the score is way too high"
>0
>>
try open critic
>>
No, for the same reason you'd not ban elections just because some people are irresponsible and dumb - a single individual doesn't have enough impact to ruin it for everyone else.
>>
>>342979171

Give it to me straight /v/, if they managed to knock this shit off, would it be a useful website?
>>
>>342979656
No, because there's still the issue of paid reviewers' scores being added to the metascore.

Even if you got rid of that, ensuring that every reviewer whose review is added to the metascore is both competent and objective is infeasible.
>>
But that's a legitimate criticism
>>
>>342978637
Reviews are subject to the reviewer's biased taste and sometimes paid agendas.
Idgaf if it makes me sound hipster but the majority of games I still enjoy to this day are rated below a 5 on there, sometimes as low as a 2.
With YouTube available to everyone there's no point in review sites like metacritic for video games when you can see and experience the game vicariously for yourself .
>>
>>342980220
actually without context, it isn't .
Especially not warranting a 0 score.
>>
>>342978637
>10's and 0's: The Review Site.
I stopped using review sites in general a long time ago.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.